X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fishtowner
    replied
    Originally posted by mikesline View Post
    well tony has said " sabbath has 4-powers with in it band" and said zeppelin has " 1-power"
    meaning john bonham only. he may have taken it as a snub ??
    zepp has "2-powers" pagey is pretty awsome in my opinion
    Don't leave out john paul jones. Hes and amazing multi instrumentalist in his own right.

I have read where Bonham has set in with sabbath years ago. So i would take it he was friends and a fan of sabbath. So i would think his comment about this being crap sounds not like him and its not verifiable since he is not alive to back up this statement from plant. Wasn't geezer and plant friends also?

Leave a comment:

• sandman616
    replied
    "Being a Brummie, have you been watching The Osbournes? Is he a mate of yours?
    “I’ve met Ozzy a few times over the years. I remember me and Bonzo had just got back off our first American Tour and went to see Sabbath at Henry’s Blues House. Bonzo had on his ostrich feather bomber jacket and I had beads everywhere - and he turned to me halfway through the gig and said ‘This is crap!’ I said, ‘I know!’ We were being very outspoken.”

Led Zeppelin's first North American tour was in 1968-1969... So in 1969 Plant and Bonham saw Black Sabbath and agreed it was "crap"? Meh..

Leave a comment:

• mikesline
    replied
    well tony has said " sabbath has 4-powers with in it band" and said zeppelin has " 1-power"
    meaning john bonham only. he may have taken it as a snub ??
    zepp has "2-powers" pagey is pretty awsome in my opinion

Leave a comment:

• J Hillenburg
    replied
    Not surprising and a rather gratutious insult. There was no reason to take a shot, but he couldn't resist.

Leave a comment:

• mikesline
    started a topic Robert Plants comment about sabbath.

Robert Plants comment about sabbath.

found this while surfing, i'm surprized to hear him say comment like this.

http://press.manicnirvana.com/?p=55
Working...
X