Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

Gillen in 94 ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add me to the list of people that think Ray Gillen was a very good singer.

Regarding Al Romano, I read an interview from 2004 with Leslie West and he was asked about working with Al, and Leslie, who seemed to be in good spirits throughout, said:

I don't wanna talk about Al Romano. Next question.

Comment

What was Ray's input on Eternal Idol, the writing process I mean? Bob Daisley wrote most of the lyrics as much as I know...altough they did change somethings, cos I remember Bob saying in an interview that some of the lyrics that made on to the album actually weren't his, but whose, Tony's or Ray's?
      I remember from the Never Say Die book that Ray really wasn't all that into writing anything...

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post
        I remember from the Never Say Die book that Ray really wasn't all that into writing anything...
        Kinda like Ozzy
        We donít see things as they are; we see them as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Charger View Post
          What was Ray's input on Eternal Idol, the writing process I mean? Bob Daisley wrote most of the lyrics as much as I know...altough they did change somethings, cos I remember Bob saying in an interview that some of the lyrics that made on to the album actually weren't his, but whose, Tony's or Ray's?

Very little thats why Bob was brought in .
          The worst Sabbath era , is when theres NO Sabbath era !

Comment

Originally posted by Gregory House View Post
            Very little thats why Bob was brought in .
            This and because they needed a good bass player who was able to write his own parts too
            Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies donít use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of ďDehumanizerĒ.
            "Black Sabbath : la BÍte venue de Birmingham"

Comment

Originally posted by Gardener View Post
              This and because they needed a good bass player who was able to write his own parts too

Im lost ? as opposed to who ?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregory House View Post
                Im lost ? as opposed to who ?
                As opposed to no one. Dave Spitz had been put "on vacantion", so they needed a good lyricist, as well as a talented bass player who could write his own parts. Bob fitted both roles, that's all.
                Tony Iommi Fact #216: In fact, most demolition companies donít use explosives to collapse buildings, only a good stereo and a copy of ďDehumanizerĒ.
                "Black Sabbath : la BÍte venue de Birmingham"

Comment

Originally posted by Gardener View Post
                  As opposed to no one. Dave Spitz had been put "on vacantion", so they needed a good lyricist, as well as a talented bass player who could write his own parts. Bob fitted both roles, that's all.

Gotcha ! I enjoyed Dave as a bass player , he and Eric Singer did well !

Comment

Working...
                  X