X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gregory House
    replied
    Originally posted by Gardener View Post
    As opposed to no one. Dave Spitz had been put "on vacantion", so they needed a good lyricist, as well as a talented bass player who could write his own parts. Bob fitted both roles, that's all.

Gotcha ! I enjoyed Dave as a bass player , he and Eric Singer did well !

Leave a comment:

• Gardener
    replied
    Originally posted by Gregory House View Post
    Im lost ? as opposed to who ?
    As opposed to no one. Dave Spitz had been put "on vacantion", so they needed a good lyricist, as well as a talented bass player who could write his own parts. Bob fitted both roles, that's all.

Leave a comment:

• Gregory House
    replied
    Originally posted by Gardener View Post
    This and because they needed a good bass player who was able to write his own parts too

Im lost ? as opposed to who ?

Leave a comment:

• Gardener
    replied
    Very little thats why Bob was brought in .
    This and because they needed a good bass player who was able to write his own parts too

Leave a comment:

• Gregory House
    replied
    Originally posted by Charger View Post
    What was Ray's input on Eternal Idol, the writing process I mean? Bob Daisley wrote most of the lyrics as much as I know...altough they did change somethings, cos I remember Bob saying in an interview that some of the lyrics that made on to the album actually weren't his, but whose, Tony's or Ray's?
    I remember from the Never Say Die book that Ray really wasn't all that into writing anything...

Very little thats why Bob was brought in .

Leave a comment:

• Axe fiend
    replied
    Originally posted by Charger View Post
    I remember from the Never Say Die book that Ray really wasn't all that into writing anything...
    Kinda like Ozzy

Leave a comment:

• Charger
    replied
    What was Ray's input on Eternal Idol, the writing process I mean? Bob Daisley wrote most of the lyrics as much as I know...altough they did change somethings, cos I remember Bob saying in an interview that some of the lyrics that made on to the album actually weren't his, but whose, Tony's or Ray's?

Leave a comment:

• AngryHeart
    replied
    Add me to the list of people that think Ray Gillen was a very good singer.

Regarding Al Romano, I read an interview from 2004 with Leslie West and he was asked about working with Al, and Leslie, who seemed to be in good spirits throughout, said:

I don't wanna talk about Al Romano. Next question.

Leave a comment:

• Gardener
    replied
    They had working demos !
    Considering the fact that after Ray left, the only things left before releasing the album have been for Tony Martin to re-record the vocals and then for Chris Tsangerides to mix it (Bev Bevan only played cymbals on "The Scarlet Pimpernel"), these were not working demos, but the actual album. Had Ray not left before the album was released, what he recorded then would have been the final product.

Leave a comment:

• Gregory House
    replied
    Originally posted by devilmaycare View Post
    strange then that it sounded better than the "finished" product.

To each his own !

Leave a comment:

• EDTRADER
    replied
    Hi Gardener, I went back to the DVD and watched to make sure Bobby was talkng about Cross Purposes 1994, and he was. I didnt misunderstand what he said. Now weither Bobby is correct on his statement or not is on him.
    Last edited by EDTRADER; 01-03-2010, 11:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• devilmaycare
    replied
    They had working demos !
    strange then that it sounded better than the "finished" product.

Leave a comment:

• Psycho Man
    replied
    They had working demos !
    The album was essentially finished

Leave a comment:

• Gregory House
    replied
    Originally posted by Psycho Man View Post
    What does being a productive member have to do with being a great singer? The throat and brain are very different. And evidently Tony was so impressed that after Ray took over for Glenn they began working on Eternal Idol. They worked on the album from October of 86 until March of 87 at which point they had a stellar album. IMO he's a very productive member, he laid down a foundation for Tony Martin's career.

If im not mistaken Mr. Martin was considered in 86 also !

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

What does being a productive member have to do with being a great singer? The throat and brain are very different. And evidently Tony was so impressed that after Ray took over for Glenn they began working on Eternal Idol. They worked on the album from October of 86 until March of 87 at which point they had a stellar album. IMO he's a very productive member, he laid down a foundation for Tony Martin's career.

And i said i dont think hes was a great singer ,

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

They had working demos !

Leave a comment:

• Psycho Man
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X