Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What member or former member of sabbath have you meet ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What member or former member of sabbath have you meet ?

There seem to be some people here who have some inside info from former members of sabbath i wonder if anyone else have spoken or actually known them personally ?

Joe knows them fairly well, probably better than any fan could hope. He gets invited backstage with passes and tickets for his hard work he does for some of the members.

A few board members have done interviews ect. I've met them at promo stuff (the signing of Fused, Ohmwork, and Prince of Darkness). Also, M Williams is Geoff's nephew or something.
    "I want to tell you, yeah
    How Good It Feels
    Sleeping here with you tonight
    And thatís for real"
    -Sometimes I'm Happy 8/5/75

Comment

I met Eric Singer and Bob Daisley (OK, he wasn't actually a member, though he contributed a lot to the Eternal Idol album) when they were in Gary Moore's band. Both of them were really cool, even though Daisley had the most horrendous-looking Hawaiian shirt and Bermudas I've ever seen.

Other than that, no.
      He is not here. He has risen!

Comment

I met the sax player from the early days. I can't remember his name either like the rest of the band. This guy gets no respect.

Comment

I almost met Bobby Rondinelli

Blue Oyster Cult was playing Harrah's in Reno, NV in 2004. After the show Bobby was meeting the fans and signing autographs but by the time I got up to the front of the line he had just stepped away to be replaced by Eric Bloom. I am a longtime BOC fan, so meeting Bloom was cool too, but I figured I'd surprise Bobby by asking about Cross Purposes and his time with Rainbow.

Comment

I meet Dio back in the spring of 1998. He was on tour to support the release of his Last In Live album. He had an autograph signing at a local record store in the afternnon before the show that night. My brother and I went there was actually a decent turn out for it. I honestly didn't know what to say when it was my chance to get up there. I just shook his hand and said "It's a pleasure to meet you, you're music means a lot to me" and he said "Thank you very much that means a lot to me" He asked me my name and then signed my CD. He wrote "To Jeff, Magic, Ronnie James Dio" and just like that me and my brother were on are way to the show later that night. I was just a few months shy of my 20th birthday and he was the first(and only so far) rockstar i've ever meet so I didn't really know what else to do when it happened. But looking back there really wasn't much more I could've said or done. It's deffinately something i'm not ever gonna forget.

The meeting I had was only a minute or less at the most but I could really tell how much Ronnie cared about the fans while waiting in line. He didn't treat them like strangers he was talking to them like he was getting re-aquianted with old friends. Which I guess in some ways were are exactly that to him. The show that night was excellent. The original venue he was supposed to play closed down like a week before the show and they scambled to find a new venue for it which they got. Between 3 and 4 hundred people showed up at the small club he played. Which is good considering the last minute change of venue. He did the regular solo stuff in the set plus a bunch of Sabbath(NK, COTS, HNH, TMR and I) and a few Rainbow tunes(MOTSM and LLRNR) i'm almost certian he did CTR as well but I can't remember exactly. I deffinately think he did a few extra songs than he ws normally doing during that tour just as a way to say "Thank You" to the fans for still showing up at the show even though the venue changed.
            Nobody will ever let you know
            When you ask the reason why
            They just tell you that you're on your own
            Fill your head all full of lies

Comment

I have met and have got 4 autographs from Dio and met Vinny 4 times but no autographs and met Bobby Rondinelli once.

Comment

I have met Tony Martin, Geoff Nicholls and Vinny Appice

Comment

Going to have a chance to meet Ozzy on the 30th signing his book I Am Ozzy. Hopefully I might snag a second autograph for my friend who can't make it, so I can give it to him as a gift.
                  "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

each time I had backstage passes I carefully did NOT use them - I have no wish to meet the band, or any of its members. To me it's music, a big part of my life, somtimes a huge part, the songs are like my old friends; I've known them all my life, I cherish them. But I don't need to know the musicians personally.

Comment

Originally posted by nunoni View Post
                      each time I had backstage passes I carefully did NOT use them - I have no wish to meet the band, or any of its members. To me it's music, a big part of my life, somtimes a huge part, the songs are like my old friends; I've known them all my life, I cherish them. But I don't need to know the musicians personally.

What an unusual attitude! I don't know anyone who wouldn't love to meet members of their favourite bands.

That's certainly different, I'll give you that-especially considering that you've had backstage passes that you deliberately chose NOT to use.

I'm just wondering something. Is there more to this than you're letting on? Maybe you're afraid that if you met one of the members and you didn't like them, that it would somehow spoil your association with Black Sabbath.

Or am I just spouting psycho babble like Dr Phil? You know, you have to "own your situation" and "face up to responsibilites" and stuff. Nurture your inner child nunoni. You can't control others, you can only control yourself. Blah blah blah.
                      Last edited by WheelsOfConfusion; 01-26-2010, 01:55 AM.

Comment

well, I have my personal view of the music, and I feel that meeting them might change that, it's not fearing that I wouldn't like them, it's just an overall feeling.

I actually know a few other people who feel the same way, but it's a minority, sure!

(thanks for calling me a child, after all, I'm 43! )

Comment

I've met (including people with even a peripheral connection to the band):

Tony Iommi, five times.

Vocals:
                          Ozzy Osbourne, twice.
                          Ronnie James Dio, nine times.
                          Ian Gillan, five times.
                          Glenn Hughes, five times.
                          Tony Martin, three times.
                          Rob Halford, three times.

Bass:
                          Geezer Butler, four times.
                          Neil Murray, three times.

Drums:
                          Bill Ward, once.
                          Vinny Appice, five times.
                          Eric Singer, six times.
                          Bobby Rondinelli, four times.
                          Mike Bordin, twice.

Keyboards:
                          Geoff Nicholls, once.
                          Don Airey, five times.
                          Adam Wakeman, twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Relic View Post
                            I've met (including people with even a peripheral connection to the band):

Tony Iommi, five times.

Vocals:
                            Ozzy Osbourne, twice.
                            Ronnie James Dio, nine times.
                            Ian Gillan, five times.
                            Glenn Hughes, five times.
                            Tony Martin, three times.
                            Rob Halford, three times.

Bass:
                            Geezer Butler, four times.
                            Neil Murray, three times.

Drums:
                            Bill Ward, once.
                            Vinny Appice, five times.
                            Eric Singer, six times.
                            Bobby Rondinelli, four times.
                            Mike Bordin, twice.

Keyboards:
                            Geoff Nicholls, once.
                            Don Airey, five times.
                            Adam Wakeman, twice.

yeah nice ! not sure if i could count Adam and Mike bordin as former sabbath members ..if you didnt mean rick wakeman wo wsnt really member put played on SBS

Comment

Wow, Relic.

It would be easier to list who you haven't met:

Dave Walker
                              Dave Donato
                              Ray Gillen
                              Jezz Woodruffe
                              Bob Daisley
                              Dave Spitz
                              Gordon Copley
                              Laurence Cottle
                              Bev Bevan...