Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your favourite black sabbath singer of all time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favourite black sabbath singer of all time!

I think this is all the singers, send me a message if i forget any.
    Ozzy Osbounre
    39.34%
    Ronnie James Dio
    49.18%
    Ian Gillian
    1.64%
    Glenn Hughes
    1.64%
    Ray Gillen
    0.00%
    Tony Martin
    8.20%
    Last edited by Axeman77; 05-23-2010, 10:16 PM.

Easily Ronnie James Dio.

Comment

If Ray Gillen actually stuck around and officially released Eternal Idol and whatnot, I might vote for him. Gillen did a great job on both the Ozzy and Dio era songs, as well as the Seventh Star tracks. Amazing vocalist.

Overall, I think I'm gonna have to go with Dio overall. All the vocalists are great in their own way, but Dio kicks all of them.
      If the magic comes between us
      And we never meet again
      Take a part of me away
      'Cause maybe it's all above love
      ~As Long As It's Not About Love~

Comment

I'm not voting, I can't decide between Ozzy and Dio.
        Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

Comment

I chose Dio because he is my all time favorite heavy metal singer.

Comment

Dio for me.

Love each of 'em in their own way, got into Ozzy-era just ahead of Dio-era, but the Dio performances on H&H and MR are my all-time favourite vocal performances by any one, any time, any band.
            I don't need wings to reach the sky
            And I don't need hands to hold you tight...
            ~~~ Coroner ~~~

Comment

Ronnie James Dio.

I love all of them, but Dio is in my opinion just a cut above anyone else. When I first started listening to Sabbath, I was a vehement fan of only the Ozzy Osbourne fronted albums, but I slowly started to warm up to Dio. For a long while I couldn't pick one over the other, but Dio reuniting with Black Sabbath under the Heaven and Hell moniker is what finally pushed me over the edge.
              http://www.last.fm/user/sirkenneth

http://xkcd.com/386/

Comment

My favorite's Ozzy. Dio had a great voice, but Ozzy just fit with the band. :( I hate to sound rude upon Dio's death but that's my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by The Butt View Post
                  My favorite's Ozzy. Dio had a great voice, but Ozzy just fit with the band. :( I hate to sound rude upon Dio's death but that's my opinion.
                  What he said.

Comment

Ronnie James Dio...he was/is the greatest voice in the history of music, nothing else needs to be said about that subject.

Comment

who else could it be?

Comment

Guess I'm the only one to vote my fave vocalist ever.... Glenn Hughes

Comment

Its got to be Ozzy for me.
                          In the 70's he had such an unmistakable original voice, totally suited to Sabbath's style of music.
                          Wether he would have suited any other band I don't know, but for Sabbath he was perfect.
                          I just love his voice from that era, especially from Vol. 4 onwards, the main reason why I got into Sabbath in the first place.
                          Having said that I also love Dio's style of singing, when I first saw them in 1981 Ronnie was brilliant, amazing voice.
                          But to me nothing comperes to Ozzy's voice in the 70's.
                          Do you believe a word what the good book says?
                          Or is it just a holy fairytale and God is Dead?

Comment

I went for Ozzy.

I actually think RJD and Ian Gillan are better vocalists but Ozzy fitted the sabbath songs better.

Comment

Ronnie James

Ronnie voice with Tony's guitar and the rhythm section of Geezer and Vinnie... unbeatable. They all brought out the best in each other musically.
                              The blind men shout "Let the creatures out, we'll show the unbelievers."
                              The napalm screams of human flames, of a prime time Belsen feast ... yeah!
                              As the reasons for the carnage cut their meat and lick the gravy.
                              We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies.

Comment

Working...
                              X