Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

TONY IOMMI: 'I've Gone Mad, Writing Loads Of Riffs Again'

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by fondula View Post
    OK so Vinny Appice has apparently joined Rex Brown's band.
    http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...y+Headlines%29
    My question is does this mean he's not going to work with Tony and Geezer anymore, or is this a temporary gig, and if he's not coming back then who are Iommi and Butler going to move forward with? Hm.
    Bill Ward
    I'm just a man and I am what I am,
    Nobody will ever change my ways.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by ThW View Post
      Bill Ward
      Or maybe they'll take Tommy Aldridge or Simon Wright, who knows who the drummer will be now? Iommi & Geezer are still in writing mode, maybe Vinny joins them later on, like 2011.

      Bill Ward is a great drummer, but can he pull off a probable world tour these days? I'm sure Iommi & Butler still like to tour.

      I'm also anxiously waiting for the announcement of what this project will eventually be. Black Sabbath with Ozzy? If so, great, but is Ozzy willing...for real? Some other project with some other singer? If so, the big question is: who's the singer this time?

      For me the main thing is that Iommi & Butler stick to their guns together & make new music, that information alone is something to live & die for.
      "He is the King of all kings, the keeper of light...He holds eternity's wings"

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by The Butt View Post
        Lets hope they get Bill and Ozzy into the mix.

        They can call it...
        BLACK SABBATH.
        If Ozzy gets involved, the music will never be released. Screw that.
        Monty Python and the Holy Grail pic extravaganza! http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31523

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Icy Sun View Post
          If Ozzy gets involved, the music will never be released. Screw that.
          That is a fear ... and legitimate at that. After all, there are reportedly almost a CD's worth of music recorded in 2001 we may never hear.

          Comment


          • #20
            I suspect, AND I HAVE NOTHING TO BASE THIS OPINION ON, that with the lawsuit "settled" and with the death of RJD that Tony and Geezer know all too well that life, as well as a band can be extinguished anytime. I suspect they will move ahead with the music they see fit and may even have the musicians picked out that they will be working with. Hopefully the failure to deliver an album from the 2001 work will be a lesson well learned by all parties. I AM PURELY GUESSING HERE- I KNOW OF NO FACTS TO SUPPORT THIS- I suspect that the name Black Sabbath will never again be used unless our Fab Four are together again. I'm just guessing that was part of the settlement. And, I'm OK with that.

            That said, I can't wait for another update. Keep writing Iommi/Butler!!!! (Is it wrong that this makes me harder than Chinese Algebra?)
            The blind men shout "Let the creatures out, we'll show the unbelievers."
            The napalm screams of human flames, of a prime time Belsen feast ... yeah!
            As the reasons for the carnage cut their meat and lick the gravy.
            We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by IommiRules View Post
              I suspect, AND I HAVE NOTHING TO BASE THIS OPINION ON, that with the lawsuit "settled" and with the death of RJD that Tony and Geezer know all too well that life, as well as a band can be extinguished anytime. I suspect they will move ahead with the music they see fit and may even have the musicians picked out that they will be working with. Hopefully the failure to deliver an album from the 2001 work will be a lesson well learned by all parties. I AM PURELY GUESSING HERE- I KNOW OF NO FACTS TO SUPPORT THIS- I suspect that the name Black Sabbath will never again be used unless our Fab Four are together again. I'm just guessing that was part of the settlement. And, I'm OK with that.

              That said, I can't wait for another update. Keep writing Iommi/Butler!!!! (Is it wrong that this makes me harder than Chinese Algebra?)
              Your Not Guessing, Geezer and Bill are both on record saying that they are never using the Sabbath name without Ozzy again.
              Last edited by LexMoon; 10-14-2010, 08:36 AM.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Sabbathman View Post
                Or maybe they'll take Tommy Aldridge or Simon Wright, who knows who the drummer will be now? Iommi & Geezer are still in writing mode, maybe Vinny joins them later on, like 2011.

                Bill Ward is a great drummer, but can he pull off a probable world tour these days? I'm sure Iommi & Butler still like to tour.

                I'm also anxiously waiting for the announcement of what this project will eventually be. Black Sabbath with Ozzy? If so, great, but is Ozzy willing...for real? Some other project with some other singer? If so, the big question is: who's the singer this time?

                For me the main thing is that Iommi & Butler stick to their guns together & make new music, that information alone is something to live & die for.
                Am quite positive that IF sabbath reunited again and toured , Vinny Appice will be there just in case Bill's health condition couldnt help him cut a heavy scheduled touring. Anyway I couldnt agree more , if Iommi & Geezer are sticking together no matter what project they're going to get involved with , am 100% positive the new material will be nothing less than brilliant !

                Comment


                • #23
                  I agree if Ozzy and/or Bill are not on board, I don't think they will call the project Black Sabbath. A new name will appear and so at that point who knows who the drummer or singer might be. Hell I think it would be cool if Ian G. came on board. I still like Paul Rodgers though as well.
                  "Dumb Ass" Red Foreman That 70's Show

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by fondula View Post
                    OK so Vinny Appice has apparently joined Rex Brown's band.
                    http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...y+Headlines%29
                    My question is does this mean he's not going to work with Tony and Geezer anymore, or is this a temporary gig, and if he's not coming back then who are Iommi and Butler going to move forward with? Hm.
                    The way the story is written one would draw the conclusion that Vinny is just helping out a friend.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by LexMoon View Post
                      Your Not Guessing, Geezer and Bill are both on record saying that they are never using the Sabbath name without Ozzy again.
                      Ozzy's not going to do anything but be an obstacle. It was not enough to decline joining the band now he has to block new material and paralize the name. I hope he is happy now. What a shame. My favorite band of all time is dead.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Well as long we get a solid album with Iommi on guitar, and Geezer on bass I'll be happy. One can only guess at this point who they could get to sing on the album. Glenn Hughes is out because if Geezers on bass Hughes won't just sing, he's stated that he doesn't really like to be out there without his bass. Tony Martin? A distant possibility but, unlikely. Although with these guys you can't ever rule anything out. How bout Ian Gillan? Maybe but, I'd prefer someone with a little more range then what Gillan is working with these days. You could go all day thinking of the possibilities, I only mentioned former Sabbath singers to keep it short.
                        Words laced with blasphemy, drip with sincerity. Falling into the plan, like sacrificial lambs. Hearing the words, and said rings like nail to the head. Now I can see the stars, I know we have gone too far.
                        - OverKill, "Horrorscope"

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by mds View Post
                          The way the story is written one would draw the conclusion that Vinny is just helping out a friend.
                          Well even if that's the case, he's probably going to be busy for at least a year.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by LexMoon View Post
                            Your Not Guessing, Geezer and Bill are both on record saying that they are never using the Sabbath name without Ozzy again.
                            I have never seen this mentioned around here, but in '99 (s)Hit Parader magazine had a Sabbath article stating that that summer's "Last Supper" tour would be their farewell (ha ha) as Ozzy had decided he wanted to resume his solo career, and a stipulation of the band ending was that Iommi could no longer use the Black Sabbath name unless it was the original four.
                            I realize the magazine isn't the most reliable source, but i am surprised no one else has heard of this since there is a lot of speculation as to when/if Tony would use the name regardless of the line up.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by fondula View Post
                              Well even if that's the case, he's probably going to be busy for at least a year.
                              As is Ozzy, whose Scream tour was reported to be for 18 months

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by DISCMAN1969 View Post
                                Are you saying Rodgers as in Paul Rodgers? Hmmmmm you know I never thought about him being in a band like Sabbath, but that could work. Probably wouldn't have too much gloom and doom in the lyrics but it could work. For me he is the best pure Rock vocialst out there. I could see it.
                                Ehh, Paul Rodgers is a great singer but he's really...really boring live. Not really a guy I could see playing alongside Butler and Iommi, it doesn't fit. I'd like to see Hughes join them though, that would be awesome.

                                ---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

                                Originally posted by MattSabb88 View Post
                                Well as long we get a solid album with Iommi on guitar, and Geezer on bass I'll be happy. One can only guess at this point who they could get to sing on the album. Glenn Hughes is out because if Geezers on bass Hughes won't just sing, he's stated that he doesn't really like to be out there without his bass. Tony Martin? A distant possibility but, unlikely. Although with these guys you can't ever rule anything out. How bout Ian Gillan? Maybe but, I'd prefer someone with a little more range then what Gillan is working with these days. You could go all day thinking of the possibilities, I only mentioned former Sabbath singers to keep it short.
                                Actually I was reading an interview on ultimate guitar they did with Glenn Hughes covering his black country communion release, in it he said he was sure he would do something with Iommi and Butler sometime. I only remember it because I thought it was odd he would include Geezer since he's a pretty accomplished bassist in his own right. Although he didn't play bass on Fused, the producer handled that role. So theres always that.

                                Even if they didn't tour behind a new album, I'd rather they worked with Hughes on it than just about anyone else.
                                "I don't care which god you follow, whose promises you swallow" - Ronnie James Dio
                                http://www.reverbnation.com/breakingintoheaven?#!
                                http://www.facebook.com/pages/Breaki...916616&ref=sgm

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X