Bands Tony Iommi could have been in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bands Tony Iommi could have been in?

This thread is on the Tony Iommi forums, so why not here? I will have to think about this and put my answer down!

Haha, Axe...so another invitation to hypothesize and fantasize, eh?

Oh well, if Tony had ever decided to delve head-on, in that musical direction, and make his guitar follow suit, I'd think he'd be right at home in acts like Crowbar, Cathedral, heck, even the Melvins, and several other quality sludge/stoner/doom type of bands.
    "Actors really are the scum of the earth. Their behavior makes arrogant, overpaid rock stars appear positively noble' - Buzz Osborne

Comment

If Iommi had stayed in Jethro Tull they would have had a heavier sound, I think.

Iommi's guitarwork would have been right at home behind Alice Ciooper's mavabre schtick ... in fact those of us who grew up on Sabbath and Cooper STILL would like to see Iommi and Cooper do at least one project.

There was a an American band that tried to capitalize on the growing popularity of acts like Sabbath and Cooper at the time - Bloodrock. They had one hit single (something about dying in a plane crash), one moderately successful album (Bloodrock II) ... they would have benefitted from Iommi's guitar.

I think Iommi was/is talented and driven enough that he would have made it anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by RLP4ever View Post
        Haha, Axe...so another invitation to hypothesize and fantasize, eh?

Oh well, if Tony had ever decided to delve head-on, in that musical direction, and make his guitar follow suit, I'd think he'd be right at home in acts like Crowbar, Cathedral, heck, even the Melvins, and several other quality sludge/stoner/doom type of bands.
        Ha yeah!

i've thought of one;

Witchfinder General, great band sound very much like Sabbath, most sounding Sabbath band IMO, came out in about 1981-1982 very very Sabbathy....

Comment

Originally posted by racer View Post
          If Iommi had stayed in Jethro Tull they would have had a heavier sound, I think.

Iommi's guitarwork would have been right at home behind Alice Ciooper's mavabre schtick ... in fact those of us who grew up on Sabbath and Cooper STILL would like to see Iommi and Cooper do at least one project.

There was a an American band that tried to capitalize on the growing popularity of acts like Sabbath and Cooper at the time - Bloodrock. They had one hit single (something about dying in a plane crash), one moderately successful album (Bloodrock II) ... they would have benefitted from Iommi's guitar.

I think Iommi was/is talented and driven enough that he would have made it anywhere.
          BLOODROCK! Bloody awesome band indeed

Comment

I could see him working well with Budgie
            http://wickedinquisition.bandcamp.com/

Comment

Originally posted by racer View Post
              And Eric Singer would be the drummer, since he's doing so for Alice now.
              Last edited by AngryHeart; 01-25-2011, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Trouble (Probably would overshadow Kory Clarke's horrible renditions)
                Diamond Head
                "Even with so much bad blood between us... It's funny... Now that I'm actually face to face with him again... The hatred is gone. All I feel is a deep sense of longing. And pity. Did Zero really hate me? Or... Did he fear me?" - Big Boss

Comment

There is only one band I can picture Iommi in...

Black Sabbath.

And that's all folks. To me, he was, is and forever will be the one and only guitarist in Black Sabbath. Hearing that guitar in another band would be like... wtf? but that's me ^^
                  "I am the crazy man who lives inside your head, but I think I'm breaking through the wall... You are the innocent convicted of the crime, no one was ever there to catch you when you fall" (1992)
                  -Ronnie James Dio, Rest in Peace

"In the summer days we flew to the sun, on melting wings, but the seasons changed to fast, leave us all behind... Blind..." (1969)
                  - Jon Lord, Rest in Peace

My first album!!!:
                  http://open.spotify.com/album/60jv1AdlWvi1KlcR8JhG4b

Comment

any true doom metal band, they all owe there style to him anyway.
                    the zombie apocalypse is coming!

my phiosophy in life..... just wing it

Comment

Working...
                    X