Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OzzyIsDio
    replied
    Doc, thank you for the reads, perhaps members on here are right, Ozzy didn't show up for the lifetime achievement because he's not well, Tony wished Ozzy well and that he'd get better.

Leave a comment:

• SweetSymptom
    replied
    Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
    Thanks for those, Doc! Hadn't read them yet.

Leave a comment:

• maestro
    replied
    Tony is all class. What a gent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• BACK TO EDEN
    replied
    Iommi on Ronnie .... https://metalheadzone.com/black-sabb...ional-message/

Iommi on Bill .... https://metalheadzone.com/black-sabb...ith-bill-ward/

Leave a comment:

• BACK TO EDEN
    replied
    @Sabman , @Ronn , @Wheels ..... DIO it is! ,, DEHUMANIZER tour ... GREAT stuff!

Ozzy ..... https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/za...-of-his-peers/

Leave a comment:

• Wheels Of Confusion
    replied
    My other thought was Rob Halford?

Leave a comment:

• The Sabman Cometh
    replied
    Doc, I looked at this lyric alteration("she's" smiling) as an error, thus I could see Ozzy slipping-up. Perhaps I am too much of a purist, I do not like any change to this epic masterpiece. My new guess is Dio.

Leave a comment:

• BACK TO EDEN
    replied
    Originally posted by The Sabman Cometh View Post
    Ha, ha ha!! Ozzy; he's smiling. It is very fun live. The song and album Black Sabbath set the tone and defined a band a form of music which remain unrivaled nearly 50 years later.
    Not the Ozman Sabman

Originally posted by ronn View Post
    I don't think it's Ozzy, She's smiling must be one of the others
    That it must Ronnie Boy ,, but WHO ??

Originally posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
    Ian, cheekily referencing our beloved "Digital Bitch".
    Wooooo , good guess Wheels , and good thinking ..... but not Ian ,, tho his "Digital Bitch" references do exist ....

Here's the lyrics we are looking at live ....

Big black shape with eyes of fire
    Telling people their desire
    Satan's sitting there, "SHE'S" smiling
    Watches those flames get higher and higher "AND HIGHER AND HIGHER" (not twice like the Oz or 3 times like Ian)
    Oh no, no, please god help me!

Also he says prior to WAR PIGS , this song still holds up today becuz the world sucks!

Leave a comment:

• Wheels Of Confusion
    replied
    Originally posted by ronn View Post
    Ian, cheekily referencing our beloved "Digital Bitch".

Leave a comment:

• ronn
    replied
    Originally posted by The Sabman Cometh View Post
    Ha, ha ha!! Ozzy; he's smiling. It is very fun live. The song and album Black Sabbath set the tone and defined a band a form of music which remain unrivaled nearly 50 years later.

Leave a comment:

• The Sabman Cometh
    replied
    Question for ya all .... which Major Sabbath vocalist ?? .... Ozzy , Dio , Ian , Hughes or Martin , says live - "Satan's sitting there , She's smiling .." ,,,, I friggin love it every time I hear it!
    Last edited by The Sabman Cometh; 05-08-2019, 08:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BACK TO EDEN
    replied
    Question for ya all .... which Major Sabbath vocalist ?? .... Ozzy , Dio , Ian , Hughes or Martin , says live - "Satan's sitting there , She's smiling .." ,,,, I friggin love it every time I hear it!

Leave a comment:

• SweetSymptom
    replied
    Exactly. Iommi knows how important the Martin era was, as does Martin. It's great to see it getting recognised without any influence of a revisionist agenda.

Leave a comment:

• BACK TO EDEN
    replied
    Originally posted by maestro View Post
    I loved this. I think Tony Iommi wanted to make the book a little “juicer” and was told by his publisher to do so. I think Tony I in his heart of hearts loved and loves the great Tony Martin. This era truly has some of the greatest Sabbath moments that were caught on tape.

Spot on my Sabbath Brother ..... fantastic post!

Good stuff , Sabbath info ... http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/riv...n-los-angeles/

Leave a comment:

• maestro
    replied
    Good read .... Martin "my era of Sabbath was important" .... https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/fo...bands-history/
    I loved this. I think Tony Iommi wanted to make the book a little “juicer” and was told by his publisher to do so. I think Tony I in his heart of hearts loved and loves the great Tony Martin. This era truly has some of the greatest Sabbath moments that were caught on tape.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X