No announcement yet.

The listen!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to Eden - I received your cheque the other day, thank you so much it's incredibly generous of you. The bank said it will take about a month to process so will let you know when I have got the funds and it'll go into the fundraising pot. Many many thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Thelemech View Post
      I would like to thank BACK TO EDEN for sending me such awesome gifts - he certainly is the generous and giving person he portrays himself to be. Some of the things he sent would be 5 times as much here in Canada so they are impossible for me to get myself. Well my weekend is like Christmas all over again

I actually am so flabbergasted at what he sent me that I really am at a lose for words

May Christ bless you Doc!
      Thelemech, YOUR HAPPINESS ENJOYING THOSE CD'S IS JUST AWESOOOOOME!!!!! left u a PM, i picked u up DEP today, one of the greatest cd's in the history of man!!!! DONT DRAG THE RIVER a different sounding real world, DON'T YOU TELL ME the black oblivian mix , and esp TIME IS THE HEALER... all 3 off of DEP are 3 of the hands down most amazing tracks ever recorded!!!! if you want and/or need this cd please leave your address in my PM section tonite and just let us know here in "the listen" that you left a PM...

Thelemech, about 25 people, no joke, from "the listen" were texting me thro the night about your "what are you listening to" post lastnight...that was great!!!! and as for YOUR THREAD 7th STAR 'VS' 8th STAR... love it!!!! great thought brother, 7th star and 8th star for me anyway, ARE 2 DEAD EVEN MASTERPIECES!!!! every song on 7th star is outrageous....ANGRY HEART/IN MEMORY classic!!! HEART LIKE A WHEEL one of the greatest sab songs ever written!!! DANGER ZONE best song on the cd!!!! IN FOR THE KILL amazing opener!!!!

MUST HEAR THE 7TH STAR INSTRUMENTALS THERE CRAZY INSANE!!!! dave spitz bass over the top amazing!!!!

As for 8th star, IN MY EYES TO LOVE SABBATH YOU MUST LOVE THIS CD, A CERTIFIED MASTERPIECE!!!!! my goodness FROM ANOTHER WORLD, some of the greatest vocals EVER!!!!

Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
      That's cool. Everyone on this site seems to be really good folks, but I will say that Back to Eden sent me a welcome PM as soon as I joined a few days ago, and that was thoughtful. Different guy? Obviously, yes. But he does put himself out there in a generous and kind way.
      Now in Darkness, thank you for the kind words, hope your enjoying the SUPER BOWL... some words on the new vinyl set you asked about in a dif thread u started, I THINK THE QUALITY IS STATE OF THE ART! it has a high price tag, but its very worth it...the weight of the box set is awesome heavy! sound quality solid!! and the extras inside very kool! JOE SIEGLER, i believe will be doing a review in the future... https://twitter.com/blacksabbathweb/...85109281214465 ...
      SO TRY TO WAIT TIL U HEAR HIS INFO before u make your final decision... be well

Originally posted by Ron Paul View Post
      Me too.
      MASS MURDER PILL, Ron !!!! i picked up everything you wanted today and more... will send out in the morning, ...ENJOY!!!!!

Originally posted by TYR66 View Post
      BACK TO EDEN , I have sent you a PM
      TYR66, was able to pick up one of the things that you wanted and quite a bit more... will send in the a.m..... ROCK ON!!!!

Originally posted by ronn View Post
      I am the world that hides
      The universal secret of all time
      Destruction of the empty spaces
      Is my one and only crime
      I've lived a thousand times
      I found out what it means to be believed
      The thoughts and images
      The unborn child that never was conceived

When little worlds collide
      I'm trapped inside my embryonic cell
      And flashing memories
      Are cast into the never ending well
      The name that scorns the face
      The child that never sees the cause of man
      The deathly darkness that
      Belies the fate of those who never ran

You got to believe me
      I'm talking to you

Well I know it's hard for you
      To know the reason why
      And I know you'll understand
      More when it's time to die
      Don't believe the life you have
      Will be the only one
      You have to let your body sleep
      To let your soul live on

I want you to listen
      I'm trying to get through

Love has given life to you
      And now it's your concern
      Unseen eyes of inner life
      Will make your soul return
      Still I look but not to touch
      The seeds of life are sown
      Curtain of the future falls
      The secret stays unknown

Just remember love is life
      And hate is living death
      Treat your life for what it's worth
      And live for every breath
      Looking back I've lived and learned
      But now I'm wondering
      Here I wait and only guess
      What this next life will bring

hey doc, this is the best black sabbath song I have heard so far! It is a listen!
      It gives me goos bumps doc! thank you for everything! iam going to memorise it \.
      master piece.
      Ronn, to watch u evolve is just AWESOOOOOOOME!!!! WHAT AN FN MONSTER POST!!!! TOTALY LOVE IT!!!! a national acrobat is the 2nd greatest song in music history.....PERIOOOOD!!!!! enjoy my brother, ENJOY!! dont forget i sent you the deluxe born again a while back...THE MOST ONE OF A KIND SAB CD EVER MADE!!! but keep enjoying headless and sab bloody sab, there unbeatable!!

Originally posted by jonhighbury View Post
      Back to Eden - I received your cheque the other day, thank you so much it's incredibly generous of you. The bank said it will take about a month to process so will let you know when I have got the funds and it'll go into the fundraising pot. Many many thanks
      My pleasure and Jesus Bless.... hope you did great in your event!!!

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio
      Doc, I just got your messages brother, and will be leaving to Sound Exchange right after I have my coffee, sorry I missed your calls I got off of work this morning and was sleeping, also you did accept my friendship request and you are on my page as a friend brother.

I will be posting back here later, thanks Doc.
      Originally posted by OzzyIsDio
      Doc, I got the package you left for me at the Sound Exchange, thank you brother, love the Never Say Die dvd, I had that on VHS and it was an old one so it was getting all warped, now I have it on DVD to last a lifetime, I enjoy that concert from their last tour, great stuff!! Black Sabbath live at Asbury Park, N.J. love it even more.

Thank you Doc, hope you are having a great weekend brother!!!!
      GOOD I WAS HOPING I ACCEPTED YOUR FRIEND REQUEST, YOU ARE MY SINGLE FAVORITE PERSON ON THESE FORUMS, LOVE YA BROTHER!!!

I hope you enjoy both the dvd and the cd, i have some serious things on order for you...will keep you posted!!!!!

Sorry about the night at kroughs, my bad, next time i will make sure i get in touch with you... you will LOVE, had over 100 people there, lots of kool sab!!!

God Bless you brother...

Tom, that headless cross and tyr i sent you, was originally for Thelemech, but he said you could have...THAT CARD YOU SENT ME WAS VERY NICE, THANK YOU BROTHER!!! enjoy, there 2 of the single most talented SABBATH CD'S, and i just LOOOOOVE them!!!! ha, yes i picked up lots of gold n silver today at the coin show LOL...YOU SHOULD ALSO AND HIDE IT AWAY!!!

Rick, at kroughs we gave out the orginal cross box, also the cross box shaped like a cross, 2 live at radio city dvds, 2 neon knight 30 years of heaven n hell live dvds, and 2 heaven n hell live double boot cd's with glenn hughes singing.... was awesome, glad you made it... yes Lamborghini invited me to italy, too much going on right now, so i wouln't be there, let the head know there has never been a car like the SE, AND TELL HIM THANK YOU!!

************************************************** ************************************************** ************

plain n simple...WHEN WE GET TO TECHNICAL ECSTASY you will be mesmerized, you all will!!! the fact that technical and never say die exist in the sabbath catalog, IS ONE OF THE GREATEST TREATS WE HAVE AS SABBATH FANS!!! they are amazing cd's!!!! sab bloody sab has: sab bloody sab, national acrobat, killing yourself to live, and spiral architect...along with the rest of the cd!! sabotage has: hole in the sky, sotu, megalomania, and the writ....along with the rest of the cd!! BUT JUST AS AMAZING, TECHNICAL ECSTASY PICKS RITE BACK UP WHERE BOTH THOSE LEGENDARY CD'S LEFT OFF!!! WITH: GYPSY, ALL MOVING PARTS STAND STILL, SHES GONE, AND DIRTY WOMEN....along with the rest of the cd!!!! just AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOOME!!!!

ha, think of this insanity, after the monster never say die, with: johnnys blade, juniors eyes, high road(ONE OF THE MOST INTELLIGENT SONGS LYRICALLY EVER WRITTEN!!!), shock wave, air dance(to give u 5 songs).... along with the rest of the cd!!!! WATCH THIS, SABBATH DECIDES TO BLOOOOW YOUR SKULL OFF WITH...GET THIS, THERE NEXT CD....HOLY INSANITY.............HEAVEN!!!! N!!!!! HELL!!!!! ...... what a band!!!! neon knights, cots, lady evil, heaven n hell, wishing well, die young, LONELY IS THE WORD,,,,you couldn't just name 4 songs off that cd if u tried,,,,, and the song i didnt name WALK AWAY is a stunner of greatness!!!!

my point, not a clue ... just wanted to let you guys know when we get to chapter 22 TECHNICAL ECSTASY, IT'S A MONSTER OF AWESOME-NESS!!!

Yes, i think planet caravan alternate lyrics, and lotw slide guitar are 2 tremendous tracks!!!!!

RITE NOW during this psycho man/selling my soul chapter... i cant not stop listening to 7 of these early boots from late 69 early 1970, there so young and raw with so much energy!!!! BILL WARD IS SO CRAZY INNOCENT ON HIS DRUM KIT, HE SLAMS WITH JAZZ, BLUES, ROCK ... LIKE NO OTHER!!!! love when on one of the disc during "iron man" , Ozzy says I LOVE YOU IRON MAN!!!! ...i just love sabbath

peace n love thro CHRIST my brothers......

Comment

• Sent you a PM Doc!
        Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

• fluff! I am in heaven doc! is that only antony iommi playing? the guitar player?

Comment

• Sorry for going off topic (whatever the topic is) but what the heck is going on in here? Why did everyone start behaving like they’re under some kinda mass psychosis? JESUS-SAVES or BACK TO EDEN or whatever obviously knows his Sabbath but I do wonder what kinda doctor he is… The worrying part is that many old time members seem to have completely changed and turned into docile JESUS-SAVES apostles. I guess those CDs hand outs are really worth dying for, eh?

Anyways, take care and may Bog blast all of you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f40La6He3SU

The blood runs free
            The rain turns red
            Give me the wine you keep the bread

Comment

• yes we are like sheeple now

......moron!
              Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

• Originally posted by UnderTheSun View Post
                Sorry for going off topic (whatever the topic is) but what the heck is going on in here? Why did everyone start behaving like they’re under some kinda mass psychosis? JESUS-SAVES or BACK TO EDEN or whatever obviously knows his Sabbath but I do wonder what kinda doctor he is… The worrying part is that many old time members seem to have completely changed and turned into docile JESUS-SAVES apostles. I guess those CDs hand outs are really worth dying for, eh?

Great song, "Am I Going Insane (Radio)"!!!! no need tobe sorry, the topic is "the listen!!!!!" 100 people strong now.... anything SABBATH goes!!!!! some rules apply only for those involved..... dying for???? not sure what that means, but anyone involved with me will be blessed, thats not conceit, just a fact.... thank you for the post and the kind words about my sabbath knowledge ... God Bless

Now in Darkness, i guess that site i left for you of Joe recieving his vinyl box doesn't work anymore....my bad

Ronn, lets just say that's 99 percent iommi....but again anything SABBATH is ATLEAST 99 percent iommi!!!!!!!

GUYS, i may have some inside news on the new album, big news, i will find out tonight....if accurate i will report back with the info, if allowed too.... PUMPED!!!

Meaning what?

I can say in my case that even though I find Eden's writing on the odd side, I was not one of those who said his giving out cd's were fake. Stranger things have happened.
                THANKS RON!!!!! i think

RON, THELEMECH, TYR66 your packages are in your countries and ready for delivery or pick up!!!!!! left u each a PM with your USA tracking numbers....ENJOY!!!!

JOHN 3:16......AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• I am totally out to lunch on this thread... I have no clue what it's about... I'm curious, but I can't seem to make heads or tales of what it's about or what "we" do in it..???
                  "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                  R. Blackmore

Comment

• Originally posted by UnderTheSun View Post
                    Sorry for going off topic (whatever the topic is) but what the heck is going on in here? Why did everyone start behaving like they’re under some kinda mass psychosis? JESUS-SAVES or BACK TO EDEN or whatever obviously knows his Sabbath but I do wonder what kinda doctor he is… The worrying part is that many old time members seem to have completely changed and turned into docile JESUS-SAVES apostles. I guess those CDs hand outs are really worth dying for, eh?

I'm not part of "the listen", but I do watch this thread for interest's sake. Back to Eden is passionate about a couple of things in his life, and I respect his exuberance and commitment. His generosity is intriguing, and he must be very kind to do what he does for perfect strangers. Joe has given this thread his stamp of approval, and I believe that sometimes we have to learn to accept things that we don't readily understand. There are much worse things in this world than "the listen" and being passionate about Black Sabbath and Jesus Christ.
                    Last edited by Now in Darkness; 02-07-2013, 05:38 PM.
                    Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

• I want to say here many many thanx to Back to Eden .

My package is arrived today with some unexpected presents .

Incredible ..... but true . Difficult to find the right words , but that's it .
                      Star of India is playing now and it's awesome ! Eye of the Storm ( proto-Turn to Stone ) is a killer .

Comment

• doc! BORN AGAIN! i am speechless doc! i don't know what to do. everytime i hear something new i say this is the best one. i going crazy. i don't want any more new stuff for now. i have enough. this is so much to understand. i let you know when im ready for more. thanks doc for everything!

Comment

• Hymm 43 - Jethro Tull

Oh father high in heaven -- smile down upon your son
                          Whose busy with his money games -- his women and his gun.
                          Oh Jesus save me!
                          And the unsung Western hero killed an Indian or three
                          And made his name in Hollywood
                          To set the white man free.
                          Oh Jesus save me!
                          If Jesus saves -- well, He'd better save Himself
                          From the gory glory seekers who use His name in death.
                          Oh Jesus save me!
                          I saw him in the city and on the mountains of the moon --
                          His cross was rather bloody --
                          He could hardly roll His stone.
                          Oh Jesus save me!
                          "Music is so sacred to me that I can’t hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                          R. Blackmore

Comment

• Sent you a PM Doc!

Comment

• Hello again Back to Eden,

Thanks so much for the quick reply! I am interested in the material that "OzzyIsDio" was talking about in the thread, earth demo's and sabbath rarities. To be able to understand where Sabbath came from, the start would give one more appreciation of the music in my opinion. Any rarities & oddballs would be greatly appreciated. I have been listening to Sabbath since I was about 14, some 30 years ago.

I would also like to thank Joe Siegler for providing this forum to all of us. I don't post very often, but I read a lot. So I know he puts his own money into keeping it going. Much thanks & god bless you both!!!

Comment

• HA!!!! i see where you guys got some of your questions and comments....LOVE that your all enjoying all the forums!!!! thanks for the text n emails..

Yes, all the pieces EDtrader does are awesome...love the eternal idol doc he put together...

saw the Charger/Martin thread... great post, and tony martin is awesome and class!!

Billy is a thousand percent correct... that is an intended off beat at the end of "who's fooling who" , and it's exactly what makes sabbath so awesome, the subtle moments of change and greatness among notes, songs, and albums....love it!!!

Love selling my soul.... and as for BILL WARD, the man has nothing to prove...he was/IS tremendous! As for Brad, i couldn't be any more excited about him being on the new cd!!!!

Yes tim, Sorry it was top secret ...

Page and Zep are tremendous! Blackmore and Purple even better! IOMMI AND SAB AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT SPORT!! when zep and purple are running as fast as they can, and there looking for sab, they don't look behind they look forward.... and there is still no sign....

Frank, ha.... no comment on that thread.... just spread goodness!!

Guys, i left in verona... a dave walker jr eyes, a donato no way out, born again demos, both 7th star demos (instrumentals and star of india), all 3 different eternal idol demos, the fenholt/ray boot, a headless cross edit, tyr demos, 4 pack dehumanizer demo, forbidden demos (FORBIDDEN IS SUCH A GREAT AND UNDERRATED ALBUM!!!!), a bastard and a something wicked, a scary dreams, an 8th star, the innocence, i spy, god rest ye merry, and out of my mind single.... take! listen! enjoy!!!

Bob, imagine 'YOU CAN'T KILL ROCK N ROLL' off diary never being faded out and turned down at the end of the song, well that is what it is like for me hearing the 7th star demo version of HEART LIKE A WHEEL..... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW-ZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

************************************************** ************************************************** *********************

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
                                I am totally out to lunch on this thread... I have no clue what it's about... I'm curious, but I can't seem to make heads or tales of what it's about or what "we" do in it..???::
                                Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
                                Hymm 43 - Jethro Tull

Oh father high in heaven -- smile down upon your son
                                Whose busy with his money games -- his women and his gun.
                                Oh Jesus save me!
                                And the unsung Western hero killed an Indian or three
                                And made his name in Hollywood
                                To set the white man free.
                                Oh Jesus save me!
                                If Jesus saves -- well, He'd better save Himself
                                From the gory glory seekers who use His name in death.
                                Oh Jesus save me!
                                I saw him in the city and on the mountains of the moon --
                                His cross was rather bloody --
                                He could hardly roll His stone.
                                Oh Jesus save me!
                                .... lets hope he saves Ian Anderson, Tull a great band by the way... you being from new york, like ronn from ga/nj when he's up this way, ozzyisdio from newark, and a few anonymous posters from the forums... have the opportunity to not only be a part of "the listen" , but since your close enough, to also be part of "the listen" events we do...

If your sincere feel free to let me know... also if there is a cd or dvd , etc , something sab u want let me know, PM me your address and I WILL find it, and send it.... God Bless my brother

***guys there may be times i don't get your info right away, BUT I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU, remember i get messages in this thread much faster then a PM message....if you leave a PM, let us know here, i have others check this thread who then let me know....NEVER LEAVE NAME OR ADDRESS HERE*****

Enrico (i hope) and OzzyIsDio i have some important sab pieces/gems on order for you both!!

Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
                                I'm not part of "the listen", but I do watch this thread for interest's sake. Back to Eden is passionate about a couple of things in his life, and I respect his exuberance and commitment. His generosity is intriguing, and he must be very kind to do what he does for perfect strangers. Joe has given this thread his stamp of approval, and I believe that sometimes we have to learn to accept things that we don't readily understand. There are much worse things in this world than "the listen" and being passionate about Black Sabbath and Jesus Christ.
                                NOW IN DARKNESS...AMEN!!!! thank you much!!! IF THERE IS ANYTHING SAB YOU NEED OR WANT PLEASE LET ME KNOW....God Bless brother!!

Originally posted by TYR66 View Post
                                I want to say here many many thanx to Back to Eden .

My package is arrived today with some unexpected presents .

Incredible ..... but true . Difficult to find the right words , but that's it .
                                Star of India is playing now and it's awesome ! Eye of the Storm ( proto-Turn to Stone ) is a killer .
                                OH MAN, THANK YOU, SO GLAD YOUR ENJOYING!!!! and thank you for the PM's..... the one martin you already have, save, or enjoy, or give to a friend!!

AS FOR STAR OF INDIA....FANTASTIC CD!!!! i love it!! "EYE OF THE STORM" excellent!! the entire cd is awesooooooome!! and the bass line end energy of "THE THRILL IS GONE" , is just incredable!!! the song star of india, each version is excellent!! you have the most complete star of india available!! there is however 2 other tracks very hard to find (both heart like a wheels, dif versions, they did many takes...), but i do have both being hunted down for you!! God Bless, TYR66... "CHRISTmas in feb!!"

Originally posted by ronn View Post
                                doc! BORN AGAIN! i am speechless doc! i don't know what to do. everytime i hear something new i say this is the best one. i going crazy. i don't want any more new stuff for now. i have enough. this is so much to understand. i let you know when im ready for more. thanks doc for everything!
                                IT KEEPS GETTING BETTER BROTHER!!!!

Originally posted by Ozzyhead View Post
                                Sent you a PM Doc!
                                Got it! sent you a PM bacK!!! WILL GET AND SEND, just give me an idea or i will choose for you... and give me some time.. God Bless now
                                EDIT: Ozzyhead i just saw your post, no problem brother

Sending a pm.
                                Ron, sent you a return PM, let us know what happens and when u recieve.... i'm especially excited for you to recieve your package...YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE IT!!!! there is a gem in there that is just so great!! thank you by the way for all your kind words!!

Thelemech, you should have your package as well brother...

************************************************** ************************************************** ****************

YES IOMMI BREAKS INTO DAY TRIPPER!!! great concert by the way....everything from 70/71 is awesooome! WICKED WORLD WOW!! I LOVE HOW MUCH YOU GUYS DID AT THE CLUB!!! """"THE LISTEN!!!!!!!""""" was intense today!!

as im getting technical ex(CHAPTER 22) ready, and thinking how great that chapter is going to be, ALL MOVING PARTS STAND STILL!!!! i find myself just listening to so many different things from chapter 21, and thinking how can it get any better then this (psycho man chapter)!! and then as i left the hospital tonight, driving to the estate in a blizzard... i migrated to chapter 8 for a moment, and pressed play to "NO STRAGER TO LOVE, INSTRUMENTAL DEMO VERSION" ... and, no joke, it was the best thing i have ever heard in my life!!!!! maybe for just that moment, but that's what it's all about..........

Let "JESUS" take the wheel....

Comment

Working...
                                X