No announcement yet.

The listen!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doc, glad we are good. We always seem to get past our differences. Will be sending your gift, and some other stuff (for other folks) on my next days off. I'm back at work now, and seem to have 10 monkeys in the air at all times. Your gift is not opulent, but you'll like it. Trying to chip away on my music room too, and it is about 80% done now. It's just a matter of finding the time, then I'm going to invite princehollow over for an evening of vinyl, and Sabbath. We have been procrastinating on this since late 2013. Hope all is well with you Doc. Peace.
    Last edited by Now in Darkness; 04-26-2014, 10:04 PM.
    Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio
      As for this Sicko person, no offense to him if he reads this, but I don't think he is in the know about who you know and how deep in the inner Sabbath circle you are.
      Actually, I think this holds true for all, or most, of us OID. You have met Doc and have a close relationship with him, but for the most part, Doc's relationship with the Sabbath inner circle is something that has not been explained or articulated, and this, in part, is the reason for why there are varying degrees of acceptance of statements that are made. In other words, we don't all share the same footing here. Speaking for myself only, I have never had a conversation with Doc, other than in writing on this board, whereas some folks speak to him on the phone regularly. I'm not trying to make excuses, but the fact is that not all of us have come to understand where Doc resides in the Sabbath circle, whereas Mikex is clearly on the inner circle. I think it is for these reasons that people such as Sicko Fanatic, and myself, are inclined to follow the bread crumbs as they have been articulated by Mikex and the band members themselves through the media.
      Last edited by Now in Darkness; 04-27-2014, 04:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio
        Fair enough and understood White Wizard, you're a true gentleman.
        I can be, but most of the time I stick to my guns, and I am less than a treat. You sir, are a gentleman.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post
          Axeman's band is scary!,
          No way I'd mess with those dudes, they'd pull my head off and shit down my throat lol

Spiral makes me laugh out loud every time I visit these boards! I appreciate the support guys. I really do. It means a lot.
          www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
            Actually, I think this holds true for all, or most, of us OID. You have met Doc and have a close relationship with him, but for the most part, Doc's relationship with the Sabbath inner circle is something that has not been explained or articulated, and this, in part, is the reason for why there are varying degrees of acceptance of statements that are made. In other words, we don't all share the same footing here. Speaking for myself only, I have never had a conversation with Doc, other than in writing on this board, whereas some folks speak to him on the phone regularly. I'm not trying to make excuses, but the fact is that not all of us have come to understand where Doc resides in the Sabbath circle, whereas Mikex is clearly on the inner circle. I think it is for these reasons that people such as Sicko Fanatic, and myself, are inclined to follow the bread crumbs as they have been articulated by Mikex and the band members themselves through the media.
            I've spoke to him in real life and can confirm 3 things..
            1) he's American
            2) he's a gentleman that hardly swears(like me lol)
            3) he's a sabbath fan
            4) his phone bill is gonna be HUGE ringing us all on here
            Cool guy
            Good bloke.

How was holywood bowl ns?,
            Ozzy was doing his frog leaps u lucky devil!, sounded good on mikesline YouTube link of children of the grave
            Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Comment

• Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
              Spiral makes me laugh out loud every time I visit these boards! I appreciate the support guys. I really do. It means a lot.
              Yeah you can deffo hear a transition between your old stuff and wasted, sounds more current and formed,
              I like it!
              Keep up the good work for next album axe, plus I'm usually wasted so connect pretty well with the song!

Get angry on it and rip heads off!!!!!
              Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Comment

• Happy Divine Mercy Sunday Doc!

Hope you are well my Sabbath Brother.
                Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

• Just went to the store, to use the last bit on my credit card and the coins i could find in any pocket to buy some beers, basically just trying to empty the last bit of currency value i've got for the next week. I could affort 8 0,5l boxes.
                  In front of me in the queue were three boys, 8-10 yrs bying themselves a bottle of soda each, but it turned out they were 13 nok (2,25 $) short, and was bummed out about having to put one back. And i thought (and remembered back) how much it sucks being three kids having to share two bottles (esp. for the one who didn't get the kind he really wanted), so i decided to put a box back and give them the 13 nok. And both they, the chick behind the counter, and the old lady behind me in the queue were stunned over such behaviour, people are really so caught up in their own universers they're actually surprised by someone showing kindness and helping out.
                  I know this sounds braggy, but it felt damn fucking good. Also it's cool to show kids and straight squares that a weird guy with a hat and beard in strange clothes buying only beer isn't necessarily a dangerous dopehead, but can actually act nicer than people in general.

I love mind-fucking straight people
                  Last edited by Billy Underdog; 04-30-2014, 10:09 AM.
                  95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                  Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

• Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                    Just went to the store, to use the last bit on my credit card and the coins i could find in any pocket to buy some beers, basically just trying to empty the last bit of currency value i've got for the next week. I could affort 8 0,5l boxes.
                    In front of me in the queue were three boys, 8-10 yrs bying themselves a bottle of soda each, but it turned out they were 13 nok (2,25 $) short, and was bummed out about having to put one back. And i thought (and remembered back) how much it sucks being three kids having to share two bottles (esp. for the one who didn't get the kind he really wanted), so i decided to put a box back and give them the 13 nok. And both they, the chick behind the counter, and the old lady behind me in the queue were stunned over such behaviour, people are really so caught up in their own universers they're actually surprised by someone showing kindness and helping out.
                    I know this sounds braggy, but it felt damn fucking good. Also it's cool to show kids and straight squares that a weird guy with a hat and beard in strange clothes buying only beer isn't necessarily a dangerous dopehead, but can actually act nicer than people in general.

Great stuff Billy!! Giving truly is better than receiving. The self gratification of helping out others truly overpowers material objects.
                    www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
                      Great stuff Billy!! Giving truly is better than receiving. The self gratification of helping out others truly overpowers material objects.
                      Yeah, it feels great, and it's so easy, to make someone else's day a bit better. But i have to admit, i do love receiving too. I think it basically works in the way of Beatles last words; the love you take is equal to the love you make (and vice versa)
                      95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!

Comment

• Received your package doc, thank you very much. Greatly appreciated my friend!

Comment

Just went to the store, to use the last bit on my credit card and the coins i could find in any pocket to buy some beers, basically just trying to empty the last bit of currency value i've got for the next week. I could affort 8 0,5l boxes.

Good on you, you probably made those kids' day.

Comment

• Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
                            Good on you, you probably made those kids' day.
                            Thanx. I like to think so, and that's why it feels so good. I'm glad i'm able to remember how it was like being a kid, and understand how much so little can mean. One less beer for me tonight, i could moan about that forever, but thinking about the bigger picture i can well do without it.
                            Last edited by Billy Underdog; 04-30-2014, 04:10 PM.

Comment

• Yes, giving is better than receiving, and that's why everyone is going to put their money where their mouth is, and make a donation to Joe right? For using up his precious band width for years on end, and all that? With videos, and pictures, and the like. Right?

Comment

Yeah, it feels great, and it's so easy, to make someone else's day a bit better. But i have to admit, i do love receiving too. I think it basically works in the way of Beatles last words; the love you take is equal to the love you make (and vice versa)
                                Actually it was "She's So Heavy".
                                Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

Comment

Working...
                                X