No announcement yet.

The listen!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doc, I received the package. Thank you, it is much appreciated. I sent a PM to you.

Billy, you would make Julenissen proud! Straight people don't know what you're about...
    Last edited by The Sabman Cometh; 04-30-2014, 09:01 PM. Reason: Addition

Comment

• As you guys may recall my Grandma passed away last month. Well get this. Today I received a call from one of my aunts. Ends up they were going through a lot of old stuff that hasn't been touched in a long long time. And what do they find but.... Vinyl records of PARANOID and MASTER OF REALITY both signed by Ozzy. What the hell?? Ends up they belonged to my uncle Kent whom I never knew. He was murdered in 1975 before I was born. She said they knew I would want them. I can't wait to see these things. You never know... maybe Kent forged them being a young man, maybe Ozzy signed them. I will know when I see'em. Very interesting to say the least. My aunt is also an Ozzy fan she asked me if she could keep one. haha... Of course.

I'll keep you cats posted when I get to see these.
      www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
        Thanx. I like to think so, and that's why it feels so good. I'm glad i'm able to remember how it was like being a kid, and understand how much so little can mean. One less beer for me tonight, i could moan about that forever, but thinking about the bigger picture i can well do without it.
        That's very true. It helps keep things in perspective.

Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
        Yes, giving is better than receiving, and that's why everyone is going to put their money where their mouth is, and make a donation to Joe right? For using up his precious band width for years on end, and all that? With videos, and pictures, and the like. Right?
        I will gladly donate when I have the funds to spare. Things are a little tight right now, but as soon as I'm able I'll send a donation his way.

Comment

• Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
          As you guys may recall my Grandma passed away last month. Well get this. Today I received a call from one of my aunts. Ends up they were going through a lot of old stuff that hasn't been touched in a long long time. And what do they find but.... Vinyl records of PARANOID and MASTER OF REALITY both signed by Ozzy. What the hell?? Ends up they belonged to my uncle Kent whom I never knew. He was murdered in 1975 before I was born. She said they knew I would want them. I can't wait to see these things. You never know... maybe Kent forged them being a young man, maybe Ozzy signed them. I will know when I see'em. Very interesting to say the least. My aunt is also an Ozzy fan she asked me if she could keep one. haha... Of course.

Wow, that's cool! Crazy bizarre too. Ironically, those are the albums that Mrs NiD and I just got signed:

Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Never Satisfied View Post
            Actually it was "She's So Heavy".
            Then you'd have to switch the A and B-side.
            Given that Get Back (Let It Be) was scrapped at the time, and Her Majesty was cut out, (but saved by a forward-sighted engineer who pasted it back at the end of the tape, forgetting about it so it ended up on the album anyway,) The End was what they thought of as the end of an album, and a career.

In terms of the last song written; it was I Me Mine, which Harrison wrote while Phil Spector was raping the Get Back-tapes into what became Let It Be.

Originally posted by The Sabman Cometh View Post
            Billy, you would make Julenissen proud! Straight people don't know what you're about...
            Wow, that is some of the nicest things anyone've ever said to me. Thanx, man.

Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
            As you guys may recall my Grandma passed away last month. Well get this. Today I received a call from one of my aunts. Ends up they were going through a lot of old stuff that hasn't been touched in a long long time. And what do they find but.... Vinyl records of PARANOID and MASTER OF REALITY both signed by Ozzy. What the hell?? Ends up they belonged to my uncle Kent whom I never knew. He was murdered in 1975 before I was born. She said they knew I would want them. I can't wait to see these things. You never know... maybe Kent forged them being a young man, maybe Ozzy signed them. I will know when I see'em. Very interesting to say the least. My aunt is also an Ozzy fan she asked me if she could keep one. haha... Of course.

It's weird that in the wake of such a tragic and shitty situation, something as cool as that can emerge. Guess that's what some would claim to be some sort of balance in life... Hope the signatures are real, such gems are well deserved by a good person like you.
            Last edited by Billy Underdog; 05-01-2014, 12:19 AM.
            95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
            Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

• Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
              That's true beauty. Not only the albums and signatures, but also the necklaces. Even the carpet or cloth or whatever they're laid on looks cool. A picture worthy of a Sab-freak like yourself.
              95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!

Comment

That's true beauty. Not only the albums and signatures, but also the necklaces. Even the carpet or cloth or whatever they're laid on looks cool. A picture worthy of a Sab-freak like yourself.
                Thanks Billy. Did you see the rest of my photos in the Edmonton thread? They may interest you. Good work on helping out those kids. We'll never have enough drunken kids in this world, that's for sure.
                Last edited by Now in Darkness; 05-01-2014, 08:36 AM.

Comment

• Doc you shouldn't have! My daughter was so excited she kept saying "daddy you have a present".

Comment

• Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
                    Thanks Billy. Did you see the rest of my photos in the Edmonton thread?
                    Yeah, great shots. But event-pics like that just make me want to be there myself. But non the less i'm happy for you, seems like you had a helluva Sabbath Journey.

Good work on helping out those kids. We'll never have enough drunken kids in this world, that's for sure.
                    Well, there was atleast one (slightly) less drunk 30 yr old kid yesterday, but hopefully three kids happy with having a bottle of soft-drink each. If i meet them again in 5-7 yrs i might just give them the beer instead ;-)

Comment

It's weird that in the wake of such a tragic and shitty situation, something as cool as that can emerge. Guess that's what some would claim to be some sort of balance in life... Hope the signatures are real, such gems are well deserved by a good person like you.
                      Thank you Billy!! To be honest... even if the sigs aren't real. It will be cool to own old Black Sabbath records that belonged to my uncle that was murdered before I was born. It's very cool for me to know that he was a Sabbath fan. I now have a huge connectiontion with him and never even knew him. Very Cool.

Wow, that's cool! Crazy bizarre too. Ironically, those are the albums that Mrs NiD and I just got signed:

Thats great stuff NID. I love that you had Ozzy sign it "Now In Darkness"!!!! Those were great choices.
                      www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
                        Thank you Billy!! To be honest... even if the sigs aren't real. It will be cool to own old Black Sabbath records that belonged to my uncle that was murdered before I was born. It's very cool for me to know that he was a Sabbath fan. I now have a huge connectiontion with him and never even knew him. Very Cool.
                        Very true. Kinda epic, in a way.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio
                          Consider it done NID, I did before and will again!

Please do Axe, that is awesome and eerily cool.
                          OIM, OID, Thelemech, and Doc. Your stuff goes out tomorrow. I was going to do it today, but I got caught up with a situation that needed my attention. Everything is boxed, and I will drive to the Post Office tomorrow. Doc, received your cheque today; that was very kind. Hope you can use the item I am sending. I know you don't have one. All the best gang.

Comment

• Super awesomesauce

Thanks so much NiD.

Cannot wait to see it.

Blessings
                            Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

• Hey guys, Is there one particular Sabbath song that you can really relate to on a personal level? One standout that really strikes a chord with you? With me it's "Over and Over." It's not my very favorite, but I feel uniquely connected to it. As far as I know, Sabbath never performed it live.

Comment

• Originally posted by WICD1969 View Post
                                Hey guys, Is there one particular Sabbath song that you can really relate to on a personal level? One standout that really strikes a chord with you? With me it's "Over and Over." It's not my very favorite, but I feel uniquely connected to it. As far as I know, Sabbath never performed it live.
                                IT'S ALRIGHT

When you look at the play count on my Ipod it is my most played Sabbath song. But I have no idea why. if you asked me to list my top 15 Sabbath songs it would not be listed. I espicially enjoy the nylon string guitar solo Tony does at the end. I would love to hear a stripped down version so that his solo would stand out more.

The more I think about it... I have a connection with the entire Technical Ecstasy album from a stand point of I think I understand it better than the average Sabbath fan. Super super album in my book!!
                                www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

Working...
                                X