The listen!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WICD1969 View Post
    Hey guys, Is there one particular Sabbath song that you can really relate to on a personal level? One standout that really strikes a chord with you? With me it's "Over and Over." It's not my very favorite, but I feel uniquely connected to it. As far as I know, Sabbath never performed it live.
    The Wizard.

Evil powers disappear. Demons worry when the wizard is near.

---------------------------------//--/-////------

Parcels sent guys. PM sent to you also.
    Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

Hey guys, Is there one particular Sabbath song that you can really relate to on a personal level? One standout that really strikes a chord with you? With me it's "Over and Over." It's not my very favorite, but I feel uniquely connected to it. As far as I know, Sabbath never performed it live.
      Looking For Today... my absolute favorite song by Sabbath or anyone.

NiD Thanks again my Sab Bro
      Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

• Axe, what a story! It looks like these albums were long forgotten and have now reappeared to be passed on to the most worthy successor.

White Wizard, very nice items.

Iron Man has always been the most special Sabbath song for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
          As you guys may recall my Grandma passed away last month. Well get this. Today I received a call from one of my aunts. Ends up they were going through a lot of old stuff that hasn't been touched in a long long time. And what do they find but.... Vinyl records of PARANOID and MASTER OF REALITY both signed by Ozzy. What the hell?? Ends up they belonged to my uncle Kent whom I never knew. He was murdered in 1975 before I was born. She said they knew I would want them. I can't wait to see these things. You never know... maybe Kent forged them being a young man, maybe Ozzy signed them. I will know when I see'em. Very interesting to say the least. My aunt is also an Ozzy fan she asked me if she could keep one. haha... Of course.

I'll keep you cats posted when I get to see these.
          That is fuckin sweet!

Comment

• I love the way Spiral Architect follows it. A great back to back combo!

Comment

• I wish Bill would have sang a few more songs. I saw him do a solo show in S CA in 1997 where he sang It's Alright.

Comment

I saw him do a solo show in S CA in 1997 where he sang It's Alright.
                Hopefully it was a better rendition than this:

Comment

• I didn't want to be negative, but the show was not impressive. I'm still glad I was there.

Comment

• Have you ever heard the female singer from (I think) Yugoslavia who does a version of She's Gone in her native tongue? Evidently it was a big hit over there.

Comment

• I didn't want to be negative, but the show was not impressive. I'm still glad I was there.
                      Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
                      Hopefully it was a better rendition than this:

Comment

I didn't want to be negative, but the show was not impressive. I'm still glad I was there.
                        I had a feeling it would have been a sub par performance when you said 1997. Negativity and thruthfulness are two very different things, and truthfulness is often seen as disloyalty on fan boards. The truth, of course, is anything but disloyalty. If Bill's performance was sub par, then so be it; that's on him and not on you, my friend.
                        Last edited by Now in Darkness; 05-03-2014, 11:05 AM.

Comment

• I agree. I just meant that that was why I didn't originally mention the show being subpar (subpar is being very generous). If asked, I don't having a problem mentioning it. I talked to the Doc for about 20 minutes a while back telling him how much I think Hughes and Coverdale suck. I seem to have a minority opinion with that one. Why are they so well liked!!!!!????? I'm happy Bill has had many great live performances since 1997. Hopefully he won't repeat that era.
                          Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
                          I had a feeling it would have been a sub par performance when you said 1997. Negativity and thruthfulness are two very different things, and truthfulness is often seen as disloyalty on fan boards. The truth, of course, is anything but disloyalty. If Bill's performance was sub par, then so be it; that's on him and not on you, my friend.

Comment

I agree. I just meant that that was why I didn't originally mention the show being subpar (subpar is being very generous). If asked, I don't having a problem mentioning it. I talked to the Doc for about 20 minutes a while back telling him how much I think Hughes and Coverdale suck. I seem to have a minority opinion with that one. Why are they so well liked!!!!!????? I'm happy Bill has had many great live performances since 1997. Hopefully he won't repeat that era.
                            Hands down Ward has been EXCELLENT since 97!!!! ....everyone outside of IOMMI , GEEZER , and DIO .. have an off night at some point.

Joe D I friggin love ya man but Coverdale and Hughes are 2 of the bluest soulful singers to ever exist!! ...Coverdale's gospel recordings , all of his Purple recordings , friggin mistreated , all of his Whitesnake recordings , and my goodness his Coverdale/Page material is all brilliant!

As for Hughes , Un friggin believable awesome!! ...2nd most talented vocalist to ever grace Sabbath behind Dio .... and that's saying something with Ian , Martin and the Oz man out there .... tho the 3 best vocal albums are Dehumanizer , Sabotage and Headless Cross.... and Hughes is a sensational bass player along with being an immaculate song writer!!!

His four sabbath albums are fn BRILLIANT , yes 4!!!! ....and grade out the wa zooooo track for track!!! .... 7th star a ten+ amazing!! .... 8th star a ten+ amazing!! ...DEP sensational!!!! ...FUSED is a friggin certified masterpiece of the highest order!!!

Joe always a pleasure talking to you , and OVER AND OVER is easily as good as it gets!!! ...I'm only missing 4 notes that IOMMI has ever played in his friggin life from birth til now , that has ever been caught in any way!!! ...and you brother have 2 of those pieces

DREW , DEZ , BOB , TAT , SIR , NANA .... sent you all serious gems!!!

@RONN , when your in GA you never post , don't let that women control you!!!

@NID , that check is for Zep deluxe purchases on me .... enjoy!!! ...my brother there was no need for you to send me a gift , my brother .... THANK YOU!!

Hey NID there is NEVER bad blood (what a great sabbath track) between us , rip me all you need brother , I love you always! ... hey I had one of the world's great chefs Tom Keller cook me a ten course non meat non fish tasting menu tonight , and it was excellent!!!! The rare around the world quadruple "beet" dish was Ozzy Sabotage sensational!!!

@AXE , amazing story!!!!

@SATISFIED , glad your concert was awesome brother!!

@STENCH , where is SLEEPING VILLAGE on that excellent play list of yours!!

@OIM , love your story about your gift arriving.... i was wondering your thoughts on the sound of the 2009 sabotage!!!

@OID , love all the DEP , 8th star , TDYK listening you have been doing!!!

@VYNLSOL , hope your loving the vinyl!! ...was curious of your thoughts comparing the new box set release to the black box , and if you are able to hear the differences on your big rig .... and again that is a special version of WARNING for a WB release ... God bless buddy

@SABMAN , was that a needed set for you ..... i hope so my man!!

@ROLLER , hope some of those goodies were a nice surprise for your enjoyment and or collection ... not stellar I know , but hope you enjoy!!

@SWEET , you receive your gems yet???

@SCORPIO 2000 , good to read your post here on the listen!!

@BILLY U , I know your happy bday to me was like your band swan song , was wondering if there was any other band happenings for you .... i was in 2 money making bands , did fairly well with the green actually , much easier back then to make a living through music .... BAD INFLUENCE and the one you asked about TRIBULATION .... There is actually some TRIBULATION INTO THE NIGHT cd's available on amazon , kool pic of the doc in there out in the woods with the band by an old castle where history tells stories of women being raped up there by satinist , I was just there for the pic tho

@THELEMECH , love to see roller and nid hooking you up with some gems.... i actually owe alot to you here on the forums , you was the first to put your faith in who I am , and because of that you have indirectly allowed me to be able to bless many people here with sabbath and JESUS , thank you for that brother!!!! ...how's the vinyl collection , and I never got your PM you said you left about 6 wks ago...

MIKE M , my team and I were 8 n 0 today , The Doc had 2 huge game winners!!!!

EDIT .... just saw this .... http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/show...434#post364434 ..... great friggin work brother!!!! Across the board great job!!!!

Jesus bless all!!!!
                            Last edited by BACK TO EDEN; 05-03-2014, 08:27 PM. Reason: Just saw that bad ass recording from one of our sabbath brothers!!

Comment

• Doc, I hope you received my PM. Thanks again, I had not purchased the new set yet, or the Black Box set. My collection was a combination of Warner releases, deluxe editions, and Sanctuary remixes. I look forward to comparing the new set.
                              Have you heard any feedback regarding how the band is feeling after their sensational one month North American tour?

Comment

• Hey Doc,
                                They haven't turned up yet. Hopefully they will soon. We've had a couple public holidays here that may have slowed the mail down a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X