Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

The listen!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Sabman Cometh View Post
    White Wizard, prayers and best wishes for you and your mom in these difficult times.

Doc, it is always a pleasure to hear your analysis of Bill's work, or the brilliance of any Sabbath song. It sounds like you had another great listen event. Do you rotate locations?
    Thanks brother , I'm kind of a sabbath narcissistic maniac .... love there material , inside out and upside down ..... Every note of every single track!!! ..... just friggin love it!!!!

Oh yes , there is 5 main locations and 3 dominate spots .... A bunch of us have made these locations a home away from home .... for me a fort of sorts ..... then there is also many hot spots that will be given to me for a night here and there for different events , really excellent actually!!

Sometimes we have as many as 50 people , usually like 15 to 20 .... but different cat's one event to the next , with reoccurring people showing up often .... to be honest in many ways "the listen" is 24 / 7 , with many guys either bored - not me tho - have too much money and time to waste , or from in the industry , and I mean in ....

Actually hoping to put together a big event before the 4th of July , and any left over gems will be shot out to all my brothers here on the forums .... including my pals who hate the Doc now

Love you all guys , and love Sabbath even more!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Hey i didn't say that. That ain't my poo

Comment

• The Steelers and Sabbath rocked the 70s. The Cowboys (and everyone else) had nothing on them!
        Originally posted by The Sabman Cometh View Post
        Spiral, don't forget to flush.

Doc, great Black Sabbath-NFL analogy. I consider the 1970's NFL to be its golden era. The 1970's Steelers and Cowboys were both great teams and the Raiders, Vikings, and Rams were not far behind. Of course, I believe the founding members of Black Sabbath produced masterpieces in the 1970's which have never been surpassed.
        Do you know if the Iommi solo albums are scheduled to be released again? It is time to get all of Tony's material out in the market again. I sent a PM to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post
          Ha! Very cool interview axe!!, now that's what I call a proper American accent!,
          Reminds me of those classic western movies minus the spitting tobacco into a tin bucket ,
          Sounds like your mixing in the right circles for band promotion dude,
          Is your ep gonna be on physical release or I-tunes only?
          You ever gonna hit these shores for some live shows in the future bud?
          We would certainly love to hit to hit foreign soil for some shows. But minus a huge break I don't see that ever happening.

We are gonna release the EP digital only. Then records a few more songs around the end of the year or early next year and remix them all to release as a full length album.

Thanks for listening to the interview guys. I appreciate it
          www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Billy Underdog
            If he is who some think he is, was he ever really?
            Hell no. Not a chance
            Last edited by OIM; 05-30-2014, 06:22 AM.

Comment

• @CHARGER , if you happen to read this , I entirely feel you are a class act , I'm sorry that these forums have changed in ways that may no longer bring you joy .... If I have in anyway added to those feelings please forgive me brother ..... i hope there has been some new members , OID , NID , SABMAN , SPIRAL , JESUS SAVES .... that have given you some entertainment and reason to want to log on .... here's to hoping the future is a better place brother!! .... yourself and SWEETSYMPTOM are 2 of the better members here , and I for one don't want to be part of anything that brings you down ....... sincerely your brother in sabbath Doc

Originally posted by The Sabman Cometh View Post
              Spiral, don't forget to flush.

Doc, great Black Sabbath-NFL analogy. I consider the 1970's NFL to be its golden era. The 1970's Steelers and Cowboys were both great teams and the Raiders, Vikings, and Rams were not far behind. Of course, I believe the founding members of Black Sabbath produced masterpieces in the 1970's which have never been surpassed.
              Do you know if the Iommi solo albums are scheduled to be released again? It is time to get all of Tony's material out in the market again. I sent a PM to you.
              Got it buddy!!!! .... Art is one of many that I have as part of the listen machine , he can be a bit ruff around the edges tho .... let me know how it works out , when he has the boot tell me here and it's on me brother!!!! .... read what I write to Joe D below lol

Originally posted by WICD1969 View Post
              The Steelers and Sabbath rocked the 70s. The Cowboys (and everyone else) had nothing on them!
              Hitler , Stalon and Mussolini all thought they were bad ass , til Churchill hit the scene!! .... the 70s steelers were second to the winningest franchise in sports , the 5 super bowls in 7 years Dallas Cowboys .... Two losses by a score due to bad reffing to Pittsburgh , only made the boys better .... and of course the Boys then reinvented themselves not only in the early 80's , 3 nfc championship games ..... but again in the 90's , greatest team of any decade , 3 bowls in 4 years , never done before , with a smack down on the steelers ..... much like Sabbath and there 5 impeccable era's , a machine that never stops!!!!

Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
              haha.. I'm from the south. What am I suppose to do?

Hey, you should hear a conversation between myself and Doc John. You talk about two contrasting styles!!:
              Great interview my brother!!!! .... love this southern boy!!!! .... nothing like a good phone convo with the AXE!!!!!

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
              ... to be honest in many ways "the listen" is 24 / 7 , with many guys either bored - not me tho - have too much money and time to waste , or from in the industry , and I mean in ....
              Even I'm not that arrogant , I meant our members are either bored , have too much money and time to waste , or are people from within... i did not mean I had too much money and time to waste!!! Todd you bitch .... but whenever you want to compare our collection of Benjamins , LET ME KNOOOOOOW!!!!!

GOD BLESS US SABBATH MANIACS!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Billy Underdog
                If he is who some think he is, was he ever really?
                Originally posted by OIM View Post
                Hell no. Not a chance
                Banned already, guess it was him then. Third time's a charm, hopefully he'll give up now
                95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

• Originally posted by The Message
                  I'm ... The Message ... Hardcore Sabbath fan, but mostly of the Dio era, but I like some of the latter stuff though. The Oz era I avoid like the plague. As I like to say 'Ozzy totally sucks' or alternatively, 'Ozzy really sucks, yep he sure does!' I'd shoot myself with bubonic plague before I'd listen to him, I mean he sounds like effing Donald Duck most of the time! But yeah, Dio Sabbath is real Sabbath.
                  Yup, total class act of the highest degree. No doubt about it.

Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                  Banned already, guess it was him then. Third time's a charm, hopefully he'll give up now
                  Well, he's been given the message. Let's hope it sinks in.

Charger, you are a good friend on these boards, and I always love your playful nature. Hopefully things can settle down now. And as always, thanks to Joe and Damian for giving us this place.
                  Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

• Tried to send this as a PM, but i just get a message that says this document is forbidden...

Originally posted by Charger View Post
                    I do have to say....I am beginning to agree with Joe that maybe he really should just scrap these forums since all that happens here nowadays is people attacking other people on a personal level on so many ways....most of these new members seem to be here only to insult other people or trying to cause a fight or downright cyberbullying...these surely are not the forums I joined back in 2004 anymore.

Haven't payed much attention to the Priest-thread, so i didn't notice this one until i read Doc and NIDs posts. Seriously Charg, you're one of the best members here and i'd really hate to see you give up this board. If only "the guy" will stay away now, i think some of the others will calm down too. I understand the board isn't the same as in 2004, but life isn't like in 2004 either. Me and you had our fair share of disagreements and arguments when i first joined, but i like to think we've learned to settled it as civilized people, or even better; ignore it and move on. Other people will learn how to do that too.

Hang in (t)here Charg, we love you, you're really one of those who make this board worth being a member of.

P&L
                    B. U.
                    95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!

Comment

• Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                      @CHARGER , if you happen to read this , I entirely feel you are a class act , I'm sorry that these forums have changed in ways that may no longer bring you joy .... If I have in anyway added to those feelings please forgive me brother ..... i hope there has been some new members , OID , NID , SABMAN , SPIRAL , JESUS SAVES .... that have given you some entertainment and reason to want to log on .... here's to hoping the future is a better place brother!! .... yourself and SWEETSYMPTOM are 2 of the better members here , and I for one don't want to be part of anything that brings you down ....... sincerely your brother in sabbath Doc
                      Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post

Charger, you are a good friend on these boards, and I always love your playful nature. Hopefully things can settle down now. And as always, thanks to Joe and Damian for giving us this place.
                      Originally posted by Billy Underdog
                      Haven't payed much attention to the Priest-thread, so i didn't notice this one until i read Doc and NIDs posts. Seriously Charg, you're one of the best members here and i'd really hate to see you give up this board. If only "the guy" will stay away now, i think some of the others will calm down too. I understand the board isn't the same as in 2004, but life isn't like in 2004 either. Me and you had our fair share of disagreements and arguments when i first joined, but i like to think we've learned to settled it as civilized people, or even better; ignore it and move on. Other people will learn how to do that too.

Hang in (t)here Charg, we love you, you're really one of those who make this board worth being a member of.

P&L
                      B. U.

I don't usually follow this thread (since for the death of me I still don't know what this is about! ) but seems that I've become a topic of conversation here so I think I have to weigh in a bit.

Thanks for the kind words there Doc, NID and Billy.

I got bit frustrated with all of the name calling that went on at the Priest conversation again...but ofcourse I didn't mean that ALL new(er) members are like that Doc...ofcourse not...there are a lot of great people here too and that's why it's all the more of a shame that few REALLY bad apples can ruin an entire forum...but it's known to happen before at other forums as well and sadly this is heading towards the same downward spiral fast...

And Billy yes, times indeed have changed a lot since I first joined here and back then it was just a handful of members posting, now that the forums have grown ofcourse the number of bad seeds has increased as well. But although times change it shouldn't mean that civil behaviour should be the first thing to go...hell it shouldn't go at all. It's okay to disagree (infact it can be quite fun and entertaining to argue a bit from time to time) but it should never EVER get personal and that seems to be the line that's getting crossed more and more here by certain members...and that shouldn't be allowed at all...and trying to keep the forums bit more clean, I've decided to start using the "Report" button much more than before and hopefully some of these issues will be addressed.

I think I've had some rather heated discussions in the past with both NID and Billy but we've certainly gotten over them and I've grown to like both of you a lot eventhough we rarely see eye to eye on most things Sabbath...But when we do it's all the more rewarding don't you think?
                      And the main thing is we can bicker a bit now and again, but it's always about the topic, it never gets personal...and that's the way it should be.

Let's hope that atleast here the good outweighs the bad and the forums will once again be a fun place to hang around and talk about the band we all love so much without the fear of getting personally attacked just because somebody disagrees with your opinion.

Thanks guys...you made my day a whole lot better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charger View Post
                        I don't usually follow this thread (since for the death of me I still don't know what this is about! ) but seems that I've become a topic of conversation here so I think I have to weigh in a bit.

Thanks for the kind words there Doc, NID and Billy.

I got bit frustrated with all of the name calling that went on at the Priest conversation again...but ofcourse I didn't mean that ALL new(er) members are like that Doc...ofcourse not...there are a lot of great people here too and that's why it's all the more of a shame that few REALLY bad apples can ruin an entire forum...but it's known to happen before at other forums as well and sadly this is heading towards the same downward spiral fast...

And Billy yes, times indeed have changed a lot since I first joined here and back then it was just a handful of members posting, now that the forums have grown ofcourse the number of bad seeds has increased as well. But although times change it shouldn't mean that civil behaviour should be the first thing to go...hell it shouldn't go at all. It's okay to disagree (infact it can be quite fun and entertaining to argue a bit from time to time) but it should never EVER get personal and that seems to be the line that's getting crossed more and more here by certain members...and that shouldn't be allowed at all...and trying to keep the forums bit more clean, I've decided to start using the "Report" button much more than before and hopefully some of these issues will be addressed.

I think I've had some rather heated discussions in the past with both NID and Billy but we've certainly gotten over them and I've grown to like both of you a lot eventhough we rarely see eye to eye on most things Sabbath...But when we do it's all the more rewarding don't you think?
                        And the main thing is we can bicker a bit now and again, but it's always about the topic, it never gets personal...and that's the way it should be.

Let's hope that atleast here the good outweighs the bad and the forums will once again be a fun place to hang around and talk about the band we all love so much without the fear of getting personally attacked just because somebody disagrees with your opinion.

Thanks guys...you made my day a whole lot better.
                        Charger, I would suggest that you and I agree on much more than you acknowledge. We are two of the few here that truly appreciate the Tony Martin era, and we both agree that Mob Rules is an amazing album. My monetary investment into the Martin era LP's should be proof of that; they cost a lot of $$. The only difference that we have is our level of appreciation over the Ozzy era and the Dio era, and I have pretty much concluded that you are a misguided young man, and I never hold it against you.

It seems you mixed it up a bit with Never Satisfied over in the JP thread. I must say that he is a great guy tool, and we can't all agree on everything.
                        Last edited by Now in Darkness; 05-30-2014, 12:46 PM.
                        Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

• I admit i enjoyed busting your balls Charger but It never got personal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charger View Post
                            Hear hear!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
                              Charger, I would suggest that you and I agree on much more than you acknowledge. We are two of the few here that truly appreciate the Tony Martin era, and we both agree that Mob Rules is an amazing album. My monetary investment into the Martin era LP's should be proof of that; they cost a lot of $$. The only difference that we have is our level of appreciation over the Ozzy era and the Dio era, and I have pretty much concluded that you are a misguided young man, and I never hold it against you.
                              Oh yes we do agree on the Tony Martin era which is great! As well as on The Mob Rules. It's not too often that one meets people that really appreciate the Tony Martin era...which is a real shame indeed. That era most certainly deserves much more love.

Misguided....? Me?...well...I think it's the other way around on that topic though!

Comment

• Originally posted by OIM View Post
                                I admit i enjoyed busting your balls Charger but It never got personal.
                                Yes it did...many times even. But frankly it's water under the bridge now...and lets just hope it stays that way.

Comment

Working...
                                X