No announcement yet.

The listen!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found this cover band called "Into the Void" on youtube. The music is kinda meh but the singer really sounds like Ozzy. They cover "Wheels of Confusion" and actually play "The Straightener" which is kinda cool. The guitar player pretty much sticks to Tony's solo.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsjoVHiUc3o

Comment

• Just letting you all know that I'll be overseas until the beginning of February and I may not have internet access for the duration.

OID, good luck burning those files those, hope you enjoy the shows.

Doc, I sent the list but not sure it went through on my mobile. I can send it again when I get back, to be certain.

Be well.

Comment

• Originally posted by turch118 View Post
        I found this cover band called "Into the Void" on youtube. The music is kinda meh but the singer really sounds like Ozzy. They cover "Wheels of Confusion" and actually play "The Straightener" which is kinda cool. The guitar player pretty much sticks to Tony's solo.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsjoVHiUc3o
        A good effort for an incredibly difficult song to play.
        Thnak you turch118.
        Nobody I know is gonna take my rock & roll away from me.

Comment

• If anyone from "the listen" has the time , would love the support , tomorrow at noon at "Fireside" I have the near impossible task of going up against "The Fox" ,,,, not going to be easy at all.

..... for those who don't know Keith "The Fox" is a British movement maniac - tomorrow to make the task any more impossible , I will be arguing for the importance of Sabbath/ Zeppelin/ Purple up against Keith and his bloodline The Beatles/ The Who/ The Kinks / The Stones ..... ouch!

.... i will have "Rabbit" Ed on my side ,,, who the frig knows what Keith has in store .... i want 30 strong to show up as I battle for our Sabbath!! .... see you there , I may have bitten off more than I can chew ,,,,, but my biggest advantage will be the fact that I know for certain I have a greater love for The Beatles / Who / Kinks , then "The Fox" does for Sab / Zep / Purple - and with love comes knowledge!!

..... let the games begin!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Typhon View Post
            A good effort for an incredibly difficult song to play.
            Thnak you turch118.
            Glad you enjoyed it Typhon. Just found it kind of interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio
              Doc, how did things go yesterday with Fox?
              It ended a tie
              they each won $500
              I heard it went on til 6 pm, with over 50 people showing

Comment

Ron Paul was cool with me, never had a problem with the man, and yes he is missed by me, I say that with the utmost sincerity.
                I liked "The Stench" too, I didn't always agree with everything he posted (and vice versa I'm sure) but he made some excellent contributions in my opinion, he was a good counter balance to OIM when he would/does get all subnormal.

( I do like you too OIM, honest)

Comment

@ Doc, if they filmed your debate with Keith (Fox) please send me a link, I'd love to see what transpired.
                  You got it brother OID!! .... let me find out , maybe post it up here as well

@Andy , as I said there are TWO Sabbath tracks with female lead vocals ,,,, two of the very best as well ... MEAT number 44 and THE THRILL IS GONE number 103 ,,,, enjoy this bass line , just excellent!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJMyL0y02yY ..... there is also the sped up version found on most "Star of India" demo's.

Comment

• Who is that playing the bass guitar
                    Can't believe I have never heard this before doc! Awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by ronn View Post
                      Who is that playing the bass guitar
                      Can't believe I have never heard this before doc! Awesome!
                      I think it' s Dave Spitz .
                      Thrill is gone was actually recorded for the next Lita Ford album . The track was recorded in Hollywood at the same studio where the band had been working on Tony’s solo project and includes Tony’s band (Spitz, Singer AND Iommi). The song was never actually used for her record and remains an “outtake”.

Tell me if I ' m wrong , Doc ! Thanx again for the copy of Star of India you sent me !

Comment

• Originally posted by TYR66 View Post
                        I think it' s Dave Spitz .
                        Thrill is gone was actually recorded for the next Lita Ford album . The track was recorded in Hollywood at the same studio where the band had been working on Tony’s solo project and includes Tony’s band (Spitz, Singer AND Iommi). The song was never actually used for her record and remains an “outtake”.

Tell me if I ' m wrong , Doc ! Thanx again for the copy of Star of India you sent me !
                        Many would say your correct , also some would say Iommi is not part of this track and it's all Lita.... there are those who also say the bass player is either Hugh Mcdonald or Don Nossov .... Truth is Iommi is all over this track , and that incredible bass line is Gordon Copley .... one of the better bass players to grace a Sabbath recording.

.... to enjoy true Dave "the beast" Spitz greatness on a Sabbath demo - the 7th Star "Instrumental demo's" must be heard to be believed!!!! .... TURN TO STONE and IN FOR THE KILL bass lines , especially in for the Kill , are down right spectacular!!!

God Bless

Comment

• Tyr doc thanks
                          Loving seventh star!
                          Need those instrumentation demo and star of india. Thrill is gone \m/ is the badest!

Comment

• "Fire and Water , Wind and Rain......"

Originally posted by ronn View Post
                            Need those instrumentation demo
                            Alternate unreleased "Warning" , Extended pre debut "Warning" , Dumfries "Warning" and Instrumental extended "Heart like a Wheel" .... are all 'MUST' listens for die hards , nothing touches these..

***Maiden Fans*** ; the new vinyl "first 8" box sets are an absolute joy!! .... the 19 "7 inch single" collection is to go nuts for!! .... left three sets in Boonton! .... whoever wants them take one set of both and ENJOY!! .... Art work is sensational! http://www.ironmaiden.com/classic-80...n-the-way.html

Ok it's this simple ....

"Don't beg the Master" 1984 Ward/Butler/Iommi/Donato

"Still on Water" 2001 Ward/Butler/Iommi/Osbourne

"Season of the Dead" 2013 Wilk/Butler/Iommi/Osbourne

..... hope that helps

Today all day "Thrill is Gone" ; "The Bastard" ; "Feels good to me" and SABBATH STONES!

Jesus Bless

Comment

• Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                              "Fire and Water , Wind and Rain......"

***Maiden Fans*** ; the new vinyl "first 8" box sets are an absolute joy!! .... the 19 "7 inch single" collection is to go nuts for!! .... left three sets in Boonton! .... whoever wants them take one set of both and ENJOY!! .... Art work is sensational! http://www.ironmaiden.com/classic-80...n-the-way.html

Jesus Bless
                              Ok !! what Boonton is all about ? If I dare , i'll say I want one of these 3 sets !
                              Endless thanx , Doc , like always !

Comment

That's me....
                                Me too...

Comment

Working...
                                X