The listen!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio
    Billy the man doesn't know you, he would not call you a pedophile trust me when I tell you.

I'll put this to rest and move on, pedophiles and rapists are the filthiest of scum on earth, he would not liken you to one.
    He don't know me, but he said what he said. Heat of the moment or whatever, i put it to rest when he was banned (sad the thread was deleted, though, it was great fun ). And from here on we keep going about as the Sabbath brothers we all are, however how much we disagree on everything else (which really is one of the things this society is all about (for me). And yes, i think of us more as a society than merely a forum...)
    95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
    Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

• Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

Comment

• The absolute finest Sabbath song ever IMO!!!

Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

• Originally posted by Vynlsol View Post
            I am blessed with a loving wife, a wonderful family, a good home, and gainful employment doing what I enjoy. I cannot ask for more and probably don't deserve much of what I have.

But that box set Doc put up as the prize for his Sweet Leaf challenge is enviable! Fortunately, someone will be receiving it, but not me. I can't intelligently discuss any of the versions of Sweet Leaf I've heard (which is but a small portion of what is available out in the world) in any way that presents any of them as "better" than the Hartford performance. Because I don't think they are.

I wanted to put that out there because I jumped at the challenge, but ultimately am not up to it.
            You know what Vynlsol, just might be a trick question and you just answered it correctly.

Comment

Comment

• Doc, I have not had the opportunity to listen to all of the versions of Sweet Leaf. I would choose the MOR album version and an earlier live version. For now, I am thinking of 1974 CA Jam, but I will need to research earlier versions as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thelemech View Post
                  95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!

Comment

• The 1980 Hartford version is great. I think it was one of the Ozzy era tunes that fit Dio's style quite well. Interesting to note that they played it two semitones higher compared to the album version.

That being said, the studio version is still my favorite rendition.
                    "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
                    "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
                    "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

• I read an interview with Tony yesterday and he did not shoot down a possible new album. He then went on to mention the still unreleased tracks from the 13 sessions. It's very encouraging to hear the band still mention these songs. We will get them at some point. I would think to promote the final tour would be perfect!
                      www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• Some thoughts that go through a Doc's head ....

- Sabbath friggin rules

- Dio does Sweet Leaf and NIB at a level beyond words

- Even though Live at Hammersmith and Dehumanizer are 2 of the greatest drum albums this world has ever seen ,,,, listen how different Ward plays Neon Knights compared to Vinny - wow!

- Heaven n Hell is more prestigious than all but the Debut , MOR , and Sabotage - from the great 8

- Eternal idol is right there with it

- Never Say Die and TE make Sabbath what they are today - amazing

- 13 is excellent

- TDYK is the heaviest Sabbath album of all time (Dehumanizer , MOR and Born Again not to far behind)

- Sabbath friggin rules

- Axe , we have more Sabbath coming

- Thel , love the pics!!

- Great answers everyone , excellent answer Vynlsol!

- Thank you Thel , saw your post ,, it's all Jesus

- The 9 piece vinyl box set still remains ,, contest for the forum still on!

- yes sweet thankyou , born again! And 11 - 15 - 92 is awesome!

- Yes "the rest" is a band and a track ,,, "sleeping"

- Yes Sweet Leaf July 1st 71 exist

- Sabbath friggin rules

- Quote of the century "I'm the only one who was there the whole time" - Iommi latest interview , that is why he will always be the definition of Black Sabbath

- Laughing man in a devils mask and Grace ,,, 2 of the greatest Sabbath tracks of all time

- Ward , Geezer , Ozzy , Dio solo can't hold a candle to Iommi aka Sabbath

- Virtual Death is as heavy as it gets

- OID , keep rocking TDYK

- Love Caviar

- Sabbath friggin rules

...... Amen

Comment

• Doc, I listened to every version of Sweet Leaf I could find on youtube and the only versions I thought could be better than Hartford '80 IMO are the original (as Ronn stated) and the instrumental version on MOR Deluxe. That 1 lets you really appreciate the music and percussion unfettered. Well that's my final guess and thanks for making us Sabbath fans THINK and delve deeper into this awesome classic. Good luck Ronn. \m/ \m/

Comment

• Doc, let me know if you need it and we'll make it happen. I haven't listened to the full recording but the quality sounds better than the other sources of the fm recording, IMO.

Comment

• OID, what you said here reminds me of something another member said concerning Vinny's drumming on those albums.
                              He had had the opportunity to (if I recall) listen to those albums in a studio environment where it was possible to isolate the tracks. Focusing on Vinny's drumming, he said that Vinny was in fact playing in a similar percussive manner to Bill, albeit with his own style. I will try to find the exact post, when I have the time.
                              Last edited by SweetSymptom; 10-22-2015, 06:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio
                                a lot of people on here criticize Vinny's drumming, his drumming on Mob Rules and the first three Dio albums are reminiscent of Bill Ward

I think he would've done a better job than Wilk.

People who judge Vinny are just biased by the whole Ozzy /Dio thing.

No, it isn't, no, he couldn't, no, we aren't.

What you're saying is that Steve Vais soullessness sounds the same as Iommis soul, or in very plain words; you're saying plastic is the same as wood...

Comment

Working...
                                X