Clear All

• Originally posted by ronn View Post
    No, thank you!
    I usually look to doc, Joe or Ironman to bring us the inside news
    But you were giving to us all on bso faster than anyone
    And it's exciting you and the Mrs were able to reschedule with your guy \m/

Sorry for your loss
    Thanks ronn. Much appreciated.
    Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
      Thanks Doc. Very kind of you. Sadly, we buried one of those friends today, and it's been a downer day. Been on a maniacal Sabbath binge lately, and have been loving every second of it. We had some very special times recently, as you know.
      Very sorry for the loss of your friends, NID.

Comment

• Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
        Very sorry for the loss of your friends, NID.
        It's part of life brother. Thanks very much for the kind thoughts.

Comment

• E5150 SW, I am sorry for your loss. I know it will be a challenging time for you, always try to remember your special moments with your father.

White Wizard, condolences for you as well. May your magical Black Sabbath tour memories ease the pain of your losses. As a vinyl novice, how do you identify an album as a first pressing edition?

Thel, prayers and best wishes for you and your family.

Doc, as always, thank you for spreading your enthusiasm for the most incredible band of all time. It is unfortunate when certain friendships diminish, especially when a misunderstanding is to blame. Sometimes people change and allow personal issues to impact their relationships with previously close friends.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sabman Cometh View Post
            E5150 SW, I am sorry for your loss. I know it will be a challenging time for you, always try to remember your special moments with your father.

White Wizard, condolences for you as well. May your magical Black Sabbath tour memories ease the pain of your losses. As a vinyl novice, how do you identify an album as a first pressing edition?

Doc, as always, thank you for spreading your enthusiasm for the most incredible band of all time. It is unfortunate when certain friendships diminish, especially when a misunderstanding is to blame. Sometimes people change and allow personal issues to impact their relationships with previously close friends.
            Thank-you Sabman. I appreciate the thoughts. As for your question, it comes down to research and experience, really. I have a bunch of price guides, but I also use sites like popsike, Ebay and discogs, to do my research . An example would be my recent foray into Bob Seger's early music, released in the late 1960's under the name, The Bob Seger System. This music is awesome, and there were only three albums by The System. From experience, I had an idea what the first pressings were going to be like, in terms of company labels, weight of the vinyl, strength of the cardboard cover, catalogue numbers, etc. I already knew that the late '60's Capitol albums had shiney black labels with a rainbow border, and in '69 this changed to a lime green label (not to be confused with the darker green late '70's re-issue). From there I had to do a fair bit of Internet research. Once I knew what I was after, I picked them all up within about 4 months, and they are all original pressings. There is no magic bullet though. One's passion has to drive them to do the research, and after that, begin the hunt. Collecting original vinyl is easier when you have multiple bands that you are collecting, as sometimes you get shut down on a particular artist, and need to shift to another while you wait for something to come up for the other artists you are searching out. There is a lot of labour involved, but I guarantee that the truly informed collector would be blown away by some of the stuff that I have curated over the years; other, more serious collectors, would call me pee-wee. It all depends where you fall in the collector continuum. Anyway, it just takes time and a willingness to put in the work. Best of luck to you Sabman. It's a wonderful hobby. I wouldn't be able to live without this diversion from the daily grind. NiD.
            Last edited by Now in Darkness; 03-13-2016, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sabman Cometh View Post
              E5150 SW, I am sorry for your loss. I know it will be a challenging time for you, always try to remember your special moments with your father.

Thanks my friend!
              Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

• Thank you all for your warm thoughts. Much appreciated.

@NID, I also extend my condolences to you. Losing two dear friends inside such a short time span must've been awful.

@Doc, that poem was truly beautiful...teared up. You know I'm not a spritual man in a religious sense, but I do want to believe our life continues in some form of afterlife. I like to believe dad is watching me somewhere...
                "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
                "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
                "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

• I just received terrible news about my father. He had to have emergency surgery to save his life because the fluid in his spine was not going to his brain. Since the operation he has become paralyzed and has flat lined twice and also had to have two blood transfusions. I am a fucking wreck. My mother and sister and I have been asked if we want him to be resuscitated if he flat lines again - which is very possible.

I am really fucked up!! I might just get totally drunk or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thelemech View Post
                    I just received terrible news about my father. He had to have emergency surgery to save his life because the fluid in his spine was not going to his brain. Since the operation he has become paralyzed and has flat lined twice and also had to have two blood transfusions. I am a fucking wreck. My mother and sister and I have been asked if we want him to be resuscitated if he flat lines again - which is very possible. I am really fucked up!! I might just get totally drunk or something.
                    Really sorry to hear this Thelemech!! I hope everything turns out okay for him.

Thoughts and prayers!
                    www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Thelemech View Post
                      I just received terrible news about my father. He had to have emergency surgery to save his life because the fluid in his spine was not going to his brain. Since the operation he has become paralyzed and has flat lined twice and also had to have two blood transfusions. I am a fucking wreck. My mother and sister and I have been asked if we want him to be resuscitated if he flat lines again - which is very possible.

I am really fucked up!! I might just get totally drunk or something.
                      So sorry to hear that brother, hoping and praying for the best for your father.
                      gadji beri bimba glandridi laula lonni cadori - Ball

Comment

• Thel, I am sorry to hear this troubling news. Continued prayers for your dad's recovery.

Comment

• Wishing the best for your Dad Thel. I know it's not easy.

Comment

• Hoping for all the best for your dad, Thel.

Comment

• Thel I am so sorry to hear this. Wishing nothing but the best for your dad. Stay strong Brother.

Comment

• I am pretty much in shock - it has not totally registered in my mind yet he is all I can think about.

Thank you all for the kind words and thoughts, I very truly appreciate our little internet family!!

Just got back from the liquor store - bought a few colt 45 - usually I would never drink it but the circumstances begat the purchase

Comment

Working...
                                X