The listen!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
    I agree. That's what makes it such a sludgy turd, Ronnie my boy.
    Your favorite track nid?

Comment

• Originally posted by ronn View Post
      Your favorite track nid?
      Rock and Roll angels my brother. An awesome track.

Where's the Doc these days? I keep checking my mailbox to see if he mailed his miserable self to my house, but nothing yet. Tell him I say hi.
      Last edited by Now in Darkness; 04-14-2016, 09:34 PM.
      Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
        Rock and Roll angels my brother. An awesome track.

Where's the Doc these days? I keep checking my mailbox to see if he mailed his miserable self to my house, but nothing yet. Tell him I say hi.
        That is an awesome song \m/
        The end is a salute to the track heaven n hell,
        With that acoustic fade out

Hahaha I will tell him for sure
        Last week there was a package in the store that says for nid on it, not kidding

Hope doc was not inside
        Would be a tight squeeze
        Especially with how big his ego is

Comment

• Originally posted by ronn View Post
          That is an awesome song \m/
          The end is a salute to the track heaven n hell,
          With that acoustic fade out

Hahaha I will tell him for sure
          Last week there was a package in the store that says for nid on it, not kidding

Hope doc was not inside
          Would be a tight squeeze
          Especially with how big his ego is
          Haha. Love it. I LOVE a good fight, and the Doc is often my sparring partner, but I love the guy anyway. He's a good soul.......on occasion.
          Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

• @Roller , I hope I accomplished what you had asked ..... Keep rockin the Sabbath info!!

@Ronn , Typhon , Thel and brother NID ..... great convo on the delights of Sabs 2 number 8's ..... both topping in the "top ten" on U.S. charts ,,, MOR one of the 5 most essential releases this fine planet has seen to date ,,, TDYK changing and recreating the Sabbath history once again , and laying down the ground work for the first Sabbath double studio album release in the form of "13/The End"

Into the Void , version 5 , if you haven't heard it ... find it , the last min and 27 seconds is pure friggin gold!!
            Last edited by BACK TO EDEN; 04-15-2016, 05:43 AM. Reason: Lol , my "id" demands for my "superego" to supply satisfaction for my "ego" , thus creating the "hallmark" functions of "I"

Comment

• Doc, where can I find the other versions of Into the Void? Version 5?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sabman Cometh View Post
                Doc, where can I find the other versions of Into the Void? Version 5?
                Sabman my brother , if I am remembering correctly , there are 12 early versions of "Into the Void" , and of course early live versions ... much like "Sweet Leaf" and others from the impeccable MOR Era ,, I am sure you have the final studio version , and version 9 "Spanish Sid" .... Version 5 is one of the more rare versions , the end of the track has an extended solo and some very heavy bass action , Ward also incorporates the cow bell .... very Kool indeed.

With early Sabbath there is truly ground-breaking , innovation going on ... the likes not seen before or since.

Let me see what we have out there , to put together for you.

On a side note "Embryo" is one of my all time favorite moments in music ... love it!

God Bless
                Last edited by BACK TO EDEN; 04-17-2016, 06:55 PM. Reason: Had the wrong number of "Into the Void" ,, now correct.

Comment

• Why is the page number in this thread continuing to diminish?? Last week it was 138 pages now it is 126???
                  Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

• Originally posted by Thelemech View Post
                    Why is the page number in this thread continuing to diminish?? Last week it was 138 pages now it is 126???
                    I think a load of posts have been deleted. It shows you as post 5033, but I noticed the other day that the thread had something like 5300-5400 posts. Has someone had their account deleted do you suppose?
                    Last edited by KiloDeltaCharlie; 04-18-2016, 02:12 AM.
                    My name is Lucifer please take my hand.

Comment

• Doc, so many versions of greatness... Official releases: MOR album version + deluxe edition MOR + Reunion live version. Are the other versions from boots? I hope you enjoyed your special day!

Comment

• @maestro , did you ever end up with "Scary Dreams" , I hope you did and that it's bringing you great joy! .... if you are in need of a nice copy let me know brother.

@jstheconqueror , did that package ever make it to you .... never came back to us , the only package of 2015 to not show back up ,,, wish that did not happen to you brother.

@Sweet , did you end up with "The End" my good brother , "13" tracks 13 - 16 , I hope so , you will appreciate it most.

@All my PM's , you guys all rock!! Thank you! .... too little time to respond to any , but must touch on some.

@Those asking my opinion on "pot" , and it being legal for medical reasons ... sure no problem there , for any other reason absolutely not , in a word - pathetic , not to the same degree as alcohol , but close enough.

@Roller , thank you for both the PM and voice message , I'm going to have to invite you to see "The Wall" no doubt , the wall is every note accessible from every outlet imaginable by one Mr Tony Iommi ... yet I'm sure he himself owns more , while at the same time , I am sure he is missing quite a bit.

And most importantly ,

@Vynlsol , your PM was far greater to me than anything I have ever done for you , from my heart - "Thank you!" ,,,, sincerely , total and utter respect to you , meant a lot to me.

Originally posted by The Sabman Cometh View Post
                        Doc, so many versions of greatness... Official releases: MOR album version + deluxe edition MOR + Reunion live version. Are the other versions from boots? I hope you enjoyed your special day!
                        @Sabman , @Turch n @Typhon ,,, example to cover all .... first was "the list" , "the box" , "the wall" and last "the listen" ,,,, this is the most extensive collection that I am aware of in the world of Black Sabbath , if it exist it is most definitely right here .... take "Into the Void" as an example ,,, not including commercial available versions , outside of the original , not including pre and post MOR alternate live versions , not including 1/4 takes or 1/2 takes .... there are 12 ESSENTIAL full takes , different enough from each other to make a difference , and to give tremendous joy.

So when someone ask is something worth getting as simple as the first 3 deluxe versions .... the answer is a resounding yes!!! ,,, and that's for a true Sabbath every Era fanatic ,,, as for an Ozzy era only maniac , it's not even an option to be without it - it's a must!! ,,,, even with very little making the cut for these 3 releases , it is far more than enough .... my goodness "Warning Part one" , "Weevil Woman" , "Spanish Sid" ... alone are worth the price of admission ,,, people must remember songs like "War Pigs" , the very best version never even made the final orginal album or the deluxe versions ,,, BUT the by far best version of " Planet Caravan" , even better than the original , did! , and it's on the deluxe .... in my eyes these boards lack the ambition and the enthusiasm to learn and enjoy such amazing material .... not an insult to anyone just an observation .... surprisingly with all the Oz Era maniacs here too.

Take "Sweet Leaf" from the delux version , listen at 4 mins 30 seconds in and 4 min 38 seconds in .... when Ozzy does those 2 different extended 70's slur "Yaaa Yaa Yaa ... ya" , it's by far the best he has ever done , to not own it , enjoy it , discuss it ... is to me the same as not owning A National Acrobat , makes no sense.

I also encourage finding the extended "Black Sabbath" extra verse take , studio version "Walpurgis" and "Dance with the Devil" NSD sessions.

This sh*t like the Joe D "The Wizard" early take , Dumfries , etc ... is priceless!!

Just a thought ,, God Bless my brothers n sisters!!

Comment

• Great read as always Doc. Looked up "Dance with the Devil" and found Cozy's song, found "Dance OF the Devil" which was a great boot of Sabbath 1980 with Mr. Bill Ward on drums. Unfortunately I could find nothing on "NSD Sessions" which sounds very interesting. Maybe you can point me in the right direction or provide a little more info as to what is on it? Thanks Doc.

Comment

• Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                            @Sweet , did you end up with "The End" my good brother , "13" tracks 13 - 16 , I hope so , you will appreciate it most.
                            Hey Doc,
                            Yes, I was able to get "The End" (thanks to NID). I've got my Sabbath show tomorrow, going to be bittersweet but I'm looking forward to seeing all four at the top of their game while I still have the chance. I'll see how many copies of "The End" are available there, just for kicks.
                            I do appreciate the four new tracks, immensely. They're a world unto themselves, but at the same time they have been able to reinforce the twelve '13' tracks we already had with so much more light and shade. So much more depth. I'm glad to finally have all sixteen at my convenience.

And Doc, you know that some of us on the boards have the ambition and enthusiasm to learn and enjoy all the different takes and versions available. Sabbath has been a veritable font (and foundation) of modern, forward-thinking music, of art, life and history. Getting to go back to the source and explore as much of the alternate material as possible is akin to painting with a new palette of colours. Familiar, yet somehow different. Mysterious. Unknown. In two words: Black Sabbath.

Comment

• Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
                              Hey Doc,
                              Yes, I was able to get "The End" (thanks to NID). I've got my Sabbath show tomorrow, going to be bittersweet but I'm looking forward to seeing all four at the top of their game while I still have the chance. I'll see how many copies of "The End" are available there, just for kicks.
                              I do appreciate the four new tracks, immensely. They're a world unto themselves, but at the same time they have been able to reinforce the twelve '13' tracks we already had with so much more light and shade. So much more depth. I'm glad to finally have all sixteen at my convenience.

And Doc, you know that some of us on the boards have the ambition and enthusiasm to learn and enjoy all the different takes and versions available. Sabbath has been a veritable font (and foundation) of modern, forward-thinking music, of art, life and history. Getting to go back to the source and explore as much of the alternate material as possible is akin to painting with a new palette of colours. Familiar, yet somehow different. Mysterious. Unknown. In two words: Black Sabbath.
                              \m/ last paragraph \m/ and
                              Very nice of nid \m/

Originally posted by turch118 View Post
                              Great read as always Doc. Looked up "Dance with the Devil" and found Cozy's song, found "Dance OF the Devil" which was a great boot of Sabbath 1980 with Mr. Bill Ward on drums. Unfortunately I could find nothing on "NSD Sessions" which sounds very interesting. Maybe you can point me in the right direction or provide a little more info as to what is on it? Thanks Doc.
                              Knowing doc dance of is different from dance with
                              Dance with the devil is some rare shit I bet
                              When 13 first came out I was with the doc Mary Ted,
                              And doc was playing us season of the dead,
                              God is dead? with ward on drums,
                              Dumfries,
                              All sorts of rare stuff

He played for me last year the wizard he got from Joe
                              Would not make me a copy of any of it,
                              I was grateful just to hear it \m/

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                              @maestro , did you ever end up with "Scary Dreams" , I hope you did and that it's bringing you great joy! .... if you are in need of a nice copy let me know brother.

@jstheconqueror , did that package ever make it to you .... never came back to us , the only package of 2015 to not show back up ,,, wish that did not happen to you brother.

@All my PM's , you guys all rock!! Thank you! .... too little time to respond to any , but must touch on some.

@Those asking my opinion on "pot" , and it being legal for medical reasons ... sure no problem there , for any other reason absolutely not , in a word - pathetic , not to the same degree as alcohol , but close enough.

@Roller , thank you for both the PM and voice message , I'm going to have to invite you to see "The Wall" no doubt , the wall is every note accessible from every outlet imaginable by one Mr Tony Iommi ... yet I'm sure he himself owns more , while at the same time , I am sure he is missing quite a bit.

And most importantly ,

@Vynlsol , your PM was far greater to me than anything I have ever done for you , from my heart - "Thank you!" ,,,, sincerely , total and utter respect to you , meant a lot to me.

@Sabman , @Turch n @Typhon ,,, example to cover all .... first was "the list" , "the box" , "the wall" and last "the listen" ,,,, this is the most extensive collection that I am aware of in the world of Black Sabbath , if it exist it is most definitely right here .... take "Into the Void" as an example ,,, not including commercial available versions , outside of the original , not including pre and post MOR alternate live versions , not including 1/4 takes or 1/2 takes .... there are 12 ESSENTIAL full takes , different enough from each other to make a difference , and to give tremendous joy.

So when someone ask is something worth getting as simple as the first 3 deluxe versions .... the answer is a resounding yes!!! ,,, and that's for a true Sabbath every Era fanatic ,,, as for an Ozzy era only maniac , it's not even an option to be without it - it's a must!! ,,,, even with very little making the cut for these 3 releases , it is far more than enough .... my goodness "Warning Part one" , "Weevil Woman" , "Spanish Sid" ... alone are worth the price of admission ,,, people must remember songs like "War Pigs" , the very best version never even made the final orginal album or the deluxe versions ,,, BUT the by far best version of " Planet Caravan" , even better than the original , did! , and it's on the deluxe .... in my eyes these boards lack the ambition and the enthusiasm to learn and enjoy such amazing material .... not an insult to anyone just an observation .... surprisingly with all the Oz Era maniacs here too.

Take "Sweet Leaf" from the delux version , listen at 4 mins 30 seconds in and 4 min 38 seconds in .... when Ozzy does those 2 different extended 70's slur "Yaaa Yaa Yaa ... ya" , it's by far the best he has ever done , to not own it , enjoy it , discuss it ... is to me the same as not owning A National Acrobat , makes no sense.

I also encourage finding the extended "Black Sabbath" extra verse take , studio version "Walpurgis" and "Dance with the Devil" NSD sessions.

This sh*t like the Joe D "The Wizard" early take , Dumfries , etc ... is priceless!!

Just a thought ,, God Bless my brothers n sisters!!
                              Doc how do we find half of these
                              Going to listen to the second disc sweetleaf today doc,
                              thanks for the motivation \m/

Comment

• I never got anything Doc. I have recently moved into a new house now so I need to get you a different address.

Comment

Working...
                                X