When 13 first came out I was with the doc Mary Ted,
    And doc was playing us season of the dead,
    God is dead? with ward on drums,
    Dumfries,
    All sorts of rare stuff

He played for me last year the wizard he got from Joe
    Would not make me a copy of any of it,
    I was grateful just to hear it \m/

Yeah Ronn Doc is the ultimate Sabbath fan and that is awesome you got to listen to some of that rare stuff. Thanks

Comment

• Jesus turned water to wine. Just sayin

Comment

• Originally posted by OIM View Post
        Jesus turned water to wine. Just sayin
        I didn't say Doc was supernatural, just that he was the ultimate Sabbath fan, don't you think so?

Comment

• It's absolutely crazy .... 7 min 19 seconds in , during the ZERO THE HERO fade out , finally has its rival for 3rd greatest ending of all time (1. BURIED ALIVE , 2. COMPUTER GOD) .... SWEET LEAF deluxe version 4 min 30 seconds in and 4 min 38 seconds in .... IF YOUR A FAN OF THIS BAND do yourself a favor and listen to OZZY , it is pure friggin bliss!! .... that 70's slur ""yaaa , yaa , yaa ... ya" has no peer!

- I love when I am given a new Sabbath revelation ,,, amazing MOR moment!!

Talking to The Gin today , NFL network VP / owner ,,, as we're hanging up he said .. "You know Doc that I love Sabbath at such a high degree , yet it's within legal limits" ; "You on the other hand are lock me up illegal when it comes to Sabbath" ; "So good to hear you talk about something other than Sabbath , great 'walking dead' covo" ; "I can call you up to tell you my Dad is in town , I got a promotion , my kid won a big trophy ,, and your like , 'that's awesome news , but what track do you like more 'Neon Knights' or 'Turn up the Night'?" .... I took it as a compliment

Originally posted by turch118 View Post
          I didn't say Doc was supernatural, just that he was the ultimate Sabbath fan, don't you think so?
          ,, haha , thanks brother!! ... I believe brother OIM , who I will help in a moment , was referencing toward the fact that I find alcohol more pathetic than weed .... I will say as for my love of Sabbath , outside of high end audio listening (altho Sabbath is starting to infiltrate that area of listening more and more as well) , I really have ZERO interest in any other music.

But , it's easy to be a mega fan of our great band , a) the music is brilliant , b) the eras are diverse , and c) coming on these forums seeing people like you , Sweet and others ; over in NEVER SATISFIED's thread , people like NS , Thelemech and others exploring ALL 27 studio releases with the same degree of magnitude ... makes me so fn proud!!

Originally posted by OIM View Post
          Jesus turned water to wine. Just sayin
          My brother , the fermentation process back in biblical times is a far cry from the "demonic" levels of this day and age ,, furthermore , that water was turned to wine by Christ , through the Holy Spirit , in an instant , the "ferment" of time was nearly juice .... Jesus blessed for grace , not for drunken stupidity .... just sayin

Originally posted by jstheconqueror View Post
          I never got anything Doc. I have recently moved into a new house now so I need to get you a different address.
          PM me your new information and your old information ... that way I replace the proper one my Sabbath brother!

Originally posted by ronn View Post
          \m/ last paragraph \m/ and
          Very nice of nid \m/

Knowing doc dance of is different from dance with
          Dance with the devil is some rare shit I bet
          When 13 first came out I was with the doc Mary Ted,
          And doc was playing us season of the dead,
          God is dead? with ward on drums,
          Dumfries,
          All sorts of rare stuff

He played for me last year the wizard he got from Joe
          Would not make me a copy of any of it,
          I was grateful just to hear it \m/

Doc how do we find half of these
          Going to listen to the second disc sweetleaf today doc,
          thanks for the motivation \m/
          Ronn my brother you are correct , "Dance with the Devil , NSD sessions are priceless!" .... altho the 3 boots that fall under the "Dance of the Devil" title along with Ozzy's precious few live moments shouting 'dance of the devil' , aren't too shabby themselves!!

Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
          Hey Doc,
          Yes, I was able to get "The End" (thanks to NID). I've got my Sabbath show tomorrow, going to be bittersweet but I'm looking forward to seeing all four at the top of their game while I still have the chance. I'll see how many copies of "The End" are available there, just for kicks.
          I do appreciate the four new tracks, immensely. They're a world unto themselves, but at the same time they have been able to reinforce the twelve '13' tracks we already had with so much more light and shade. So much more depth. I'm glad to finally have all sixteen at my convenience.

And Doc, you know that some of us on the boards have the ambition and enthusiasm to learn and enjoy all the different takes and versions available. Sabbath has been a veritable font (and foundation) of modern, forward-thinking music, of art, life and history. Getting to go back to the source and explore as much of the alternate material as possible is akin to painting with a new palette of colours. Familiar, yet somehow different. Mysterious. Unknown. In two words: Black Sabbath.
          Fantastic post!! .... "The End" is a reminder that anything Sabbath IS everything amazing!!

Originally posted by turch118 View Post
          Great read as always Doc. Looked up "Dance with the Devil" and found Cozy's song, found "Dance OF the Devil" which was a great boot of Sabbath 1980 with Mr. Bill Ward on drums. Unfortunately I could find nothing on "NSD Sessions" which sounds very interesting. Maybe you can point me in the right direction or provide a little more info as to what is on it? Thanks Doc.
          Let me see what I can make happen for you my brother!

God Bless all you Sabbath maniacs!!

"I want you Baby , Tobe my Wife ..... To love and cherish , For the rest of my life!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
            Fantastic post!! .... "The End" is a reminder that anything Sabbath IS everything amazing!!
            That it is. Last night during the transition between Rival Sons and Sabbath, they played an advertisement for "The End" (I assume the U.S./Canada leg might have gotten this ad, too) that had snippets of Season of the Dead, Cry All Night and the live version of GID?. The crowd showed a lot of appreciation, so I hope that means more people last night managed to get copies to hear it for themselves! I saw the ad but was taken aback when I heard Season echo through the arena.

Last night's show was amazing. I'll have a review up soon-ish. Ozzy was in fine form, Iommi and Butler immaculate, and Tommy and Adam added so much. If it has to be "The End" I'm glad they're getting to go out on top of their game.

Doc, you've got a PM.
            Last edited by SweetSymptom; 04-25-2016, 02:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
              That it is. Last night during the transition between Rival Sons and Sabbath, they played an advertisement for "The End" (I assume the U.S./Canada leg might have gotten this ad, too) that had snippets of Season of the Dead, Cry All Night and the live version of GID?. The crowd showed a lot of appreciation, so I hope that means more people last night managed to get copies to hear it for themselves! I saw the ad but was taken aback when I heard Season echo through the arena.

Last night's show was amazing. I'll have a review up soon-ish. Ozzy was in fine form, Iommi and Butler immaculate, and Tommy and Adam added so much. If it has to be "The End" I'm glad they're getting to go out on top of their game.

Doc, you've got a PM.
              Sweet , excellent that you had an awesome show experience , no one deserves it more ,, and thank you so much for the offer , I love how yourself and Roller always look out for me .... I'm covered , but please let's hear your review!!

@JS , I have your new info my good brother.

YES , that's a rare boot , for those at the club ,, it's part of the MOR chapter .... Sabbath played in a small movie theater , hence the unique sound and sonics ... was in NJ and sponsored by a Church , believe it or not ,, very hard or impossible to find good info on , but it happen , that recording with variant tracks is proof enough ... enjoy!!

Edit ... found a limited , but good read .... https://books.google.com/books?id=Q8...%2070s&f=false ,, this read isn't even sure if it's true .... but it happen , part of the Sabbath magic!!

God Bless

Comment

• Doc,

The review is coming. Just gotta take care of a few things before I can get to it in depth. I must say though, whether by good timing, sheer luck or both, we had what were (in my view) the best seats in the house. Slightly elevated from floor level but directly behind the pit, so we had a very very clear view of the band and stage. Nothing was obscured.

On the Dime front, I trust you've jumped on the new matrix and lp transfer versions of Berlin 1970 that just surfaced? Those are something else!
                Assuming you didn't have access to them already.

I'll check that info out, that benefit show sounds very interesting!

Comment

YES , that's a rare boot , for those at the club ,, it's part of the MOR chapter .... Sabbath played in a small movie theater , hence the unique sound and sonics ... was in NJ and sponsored by a Church , believe it or not ,, very hard or impossible to find good info on , but it happen , that recording with variant tracks is proof enough ... enjoy!!

Edit ... found a limited , but good read .... https://books.google.com/books?id=Q8...%2070s&f=false ,, this read isn't even sure if it's true .... but it happen , part of the Sabbath magic!!
                  Nice find Doc, I hadn't seen that bit before. The writer of that article, Bob Nickas mentions Arcola Methodist Church which is in Paramus, NJ just a mile or so from where Century's Paramus Theatre used to be. Sabbath played there on March 9, 1971.

If that's the show you're talking about, the Century's Paramus Theatre was a 2000 seat venue, so the small audience on the recording was probably because the venue was not filled and not the size of the theatre. For comparison, Theatre 140 in Brussels where the famous "Paris 1970" film was shot, is under 600 seats - less than a third of the size of this venue.

I wonder if this was a joint venture among local churches, because the sponsor mentioned on the ticket is St Matthew's Episcopal Church which is also located very close to the Theatre.

Century's Paramus Theatre before it was split up into 3 cinemas:

Comment

• Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

• Originally posted by Rollerjoint View Post
                      Nice find Doc, I hadn't seen that bit before. The writer of that article, Bob Nickas mentions Arcola Methodist Church which is in Paramus, NJ just a mile or so from where Century's Paramus Theatre used to be. Sabbath played there on March 9, 1971.

If that's the show you're talking about, the Century's Paramus Theatre was a 2000 seat venue, so the small audience on the recording was probably because the venue was not filled and not the size of the theatre. For comparison, Theatre 140 in Brussels where the famous "Paris 1970" film was shot, is under 600 seats - less than a third of the size of this venue.

I wonder if this was a joint venture among local churches, because the sponsor mentioned on the ticket is St Matthew's Episcopal Church which is also located very close to the Theatre.

Century's Paramus Theatre before it was split up into 3 cinemas:

You never cease to amaze me , when it comes to the details (outside of the music) with this great Era of this great Band ,, I'm a "clown" in comparison ....Ya that's part of the "Theater/School/Club" collections ,,, I have to get in your hands a far better version of this particular show ,, but the fact that you tackle this timeless Era like NO ONE I HAVE EVER MET (whether they have more available to them or not) , is such a compliment to You and to Sabbath.

Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
                      Doc,

The review is coming. Just gotta take care of a few things before I can get to it in depth. I must say though, whether by good timing, sheer luck or both, we had what were (in my view) the best seats in the house. Slightly elevated from floor level but directly behind the pit, so we had a very very clear view of the band and stage. Nothing was obscured.

On the Dime front, I trust you've jumped on the new matrix and lp transfer versions of Berlin 1970 that just surfaced? Those are something else!
                      Assuming you didn't have access to them already.

I'll check that info out, that benefit show sounds very interesting!
                      Seats sound awesome Sweet , so glad to hear that!!! .... Ya that Berlin show is fantastic , no doubt ,, again the way you look out for me , whether I own it all or not"?" , is special man , thank you!

Originally posted by Thelemech View Post
                      Never tire of that , brilliant!!

@Those who are asking , I am not the man to ask .... I would rather listen to "Evil Woman" , "Eating the Cannibals" , "Holy Water" , "Turn to Stone" , "The hand that rocks the Cradle" .... over and over for the rest of my life , than even think about listening to anything but Sabbath.

The sky was clear that night
                      We were alone
                      And so much in love
                      A tree stood at the bottom
                      Of that lonely field
                      And it was lovely
                      The moon like a big red bun
                      Stood in the sky
                      And I wondered why

We sat upon the grass
                      It was so cold
                      But the heat of my mind
                      Was enough to keep us warm
                      And you caressed my body
                      Oh that was lovely
                      I'll never forget that night
                      Oh my darling

Comment

• You're welcome Doc!

Need to get the time to delve into those sources. That show has its reputation for a reason.

Just grabbing a second source of the Sydney show. Loving all these mementos! Let me know if you need it.

That Planet Caravan is something else. Ozzy's voice is so fragile, it adds so much to the atmosphere. And that Iommi solo!

Comment

• @Sweet , that solo is sensational , you are 1000 percent correct!

- NO I have not started a new chapter , still MOR with guns blazing , on some of the more obscure recordings , alternate versions of tracks such as "Planet Caravan" show up.

- Here is that kool Jim Simpson video on "The Sabs" ... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aPcEe8F7Lm8

..... and links to the "Big Bear" Paranoid vinyl ... http://www.rarerecordcollector.net/v...bath-paranoid/ ,,,,,

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B005V2SB9E?pc_redir=T1 ,,,

http://www.popsike.com/php/m-detaild...r=390407557293

http://www.rarerecordcollector.net/tag/jim-simpson/ ,,,,

https://books.google.com/books?id=XA...abbath&f=false

..... what's so incredibly kool about the early Oz Era , is that everything being done , was all that mattered , and nothing else.

God bless

Comment

The sky was clear that night
                            We were alone
                            And so much in love
                            A tree stood at the bottom
                            Of that lonely field
                            And it was lovely
                            The moon like a big red bun
                            Stood in the sky
                            And I wondered why

We sat upon the grass
                            It was so cold
                            But the heat of my mind
                            Was enough to keep us warm
                            And you caressed my body
                            Oh that was lovely
                            I'll never forget that night
                            Oh my darling
                            where is this from?

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                            @Sweet , that solo is sensational , you are 1000 percent correct!

- NO I have not started a new chapter , still MOR with guns blazing , on some of the more obscure recordings , alternate versions of tracks such as "Planet Caravan" show up.

- Here is that kool Jim Simpson video on "The Sabs" ... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aPcEe8F7Lm8

..... and links to the "Big Bear" Paranoid vinyl ... http://www.rarerecordcollector.net/v...bath-paranoid/ ,,,,,

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B005V2SB9E?pc_redir=T1 ,,,

http://www.popsike.com/php/m-detaild...r=390407557293

http://www.rarerecordcollector.net/tag/jim-simpson/ ,,,,

https://books.google.com/books?id=XA...abbath&f=false

..... what's so incredibly kool about the early Oz Era , is that everything being done , was all that mattered , and nothing else.

God bless
                            nothing but the music mattered

Comment

• Originally posted by ronn View Post
                              where is this from?
                              Those are Ozzy's guide lyrics for the alternative Planet Caravan as it appears on disc 2 of the deluxe edition of Paranoid.

Comment

• At the end of one of the "back-yard" MOR collections was "The Rebel" , "When I came Down" and "Blue suede Shoes" ..... all I can say is - "HOW DO I NOT OWN THE COMPLETE VERSION OF WHEN I CAME DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!"

.... and I must encourage everyone to listen when Ozzy says , during "Blue Suede ...." ,,, "Don't you step on my shoes!" ... and right after IOMMI goes into the most awesome of solos ,, listen!!

EDIT ... Anyone know where brother "Sin cardinal Sin" is at ....

God bless fellow Sabbaknites!!
                                Last edited by BACK TO EDEN; 04-30-2016, 06:05 PM. Reason: aka RP

Comment

Working...
                                X