The listen!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
    ..... but 2 things that have always hit me harder , and now harder than ever , is how disturbing Sabotage is ... easily Sabbath's most "twisted" album , followed by the "forced" "darkness" found on Headless Cross ,,, just some "distorted" subject matter on these releases , presented in an "unbalanced" environment.
    I agree with this statement. There has always been something a little different about Sabotage in my mind. Something that made me prefer it slightly more than the others. It's "disturbing and twisted". You hit the nail on the head.

I hope you are well Doc!!
    www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
      HELP ,,, for the past 28 years (had the track before it was released)(WOW , I'm getting old) , anyway , for the past 28 years I have always struggled with "When Death Calls" .... easily one of the absolute greatest moments in Sabbath lore ..... YET , I get very convicted because of my faith when I listen to it ,,, and during "the listen" I listen to it a lot , like 500 times in 2 months , no joke .... I can't even sing along with half the lyrics .... and those who know me , know I have already broken this and EVERY Sabbath track down a gazillion times ,,, and in many ways I'm the King of "rationalization" , to make a "song" fit my morals .....

..... Tonight , driving with my Wife home from dinner , and hearing Tony Martin with all the heart in the universe , like a Christian vocalist would sing for Christ ,,, sing the line "For I believe , Satan lives , in the souls of the dieing" ,,, disturbed me more than normal ..... HELP ME , if you would , anyone , with why these lyrics should not effect me in a "negative" way , throwing all my 28 years of theory out the door ... if only for a minute ,,, and asking WHY? ,, thanks in advance for any thoughts.

"When Death Calls"

He saw the world, dim with the glow of the vertical sun
      His skin crept cold knowing that this was the hours of dying
      Misguided mortals you'll burn with me,
      Spirit of man, cannot be freed

When death calls - this is the hours of dying
      When death calls - the spirit of man can be freed
      When death calls - there's no tomorrow
      When death calls - just an evil shadow

Tell me not fear of the flames means that heaven is closer
      For I believe, Satan lives, in the souls of dying
      Spirit of man, cannot be freed

When death calls - heaven is closer
      When death calls - feel the heat of the flames from the souls of the dying
      When death calls - here it comes, here it comes, here it comes
      When death calls - you're gonna burn

Don't look in those sunken eyes
      Don't look and you'll stay alive
      Don't laugh in the face of death or your tongue will blister
      Can't die until Satan says, you die
      And Satan takes your soul
      In the face of death or your tongue will blister

Don't look in those sunken eyes
      Don't look and you'll stay alive
      Don't laugh in the face of death or your tongue will blister
      Can't die until Satan says, you die
      The Devil takes your soul
      With all his wrath he calls the reper

When death calls - this is the hours of dying
      When death calls - the spirit of man can be freed
      When death calls - there's no tomorrow
      When death calls - just an evil shadow

When death calls - feel the heat of the flames from the souls of the dying
      When death calls - your gonna burn, burn, burn
      When death calls - heaven is closer
      When death calls - I can feel it, gonna take you down

Yes and Yes my good brother , was able to get my hands on these , around the same time as the extra TDYK / Dio Years material , Scooter Ward , Billy Idol , Anselmo and Corgan material .... was hard for me to make happen from a private source ..... good stuff no doubt , and for me "pure" Sabbath ,,, for Jorn there is not a lot of stuff that includes his vocals , but the complete takes that do , are special , and fit the mold of a cross between "Goodbye Lament" / "Wasted Again" / meets "The Devil Cried" - hope that helps my good brother.

GEMS , are going out on Tuesday , I believe ,,, Mary will be getting them ready , and the source is Art , so Ted will be mailing .... we have about 40 forum addresses , about half , 21 , will receive "gems" ,,, would be more , but Art bends me over on postage (some of you people live in the most wacked out places ) .... and shipping cost almost as much or more than the product ,,, real reason limited product and time .... so either A) the first 21 or so who pick a gem , I WOULD RATHER THIS , SO NO ONE GETS A DUPLICATE FROM THE PAST , and gets a gem they love , OR , B) We will choose , but if we don't choose "you" it is simply because someone else hasn't gotten one , been awhile , a bday , a love one passed , has nothing to do with me not wanting to....

..... Remember there are 2 reasons the "gems" go out , to show the love of Jesus and the joy of Sabbath!!!

Please HELP and choose , right here on "the listen" , DO NOT LEAVE A PM , UNLESS YOUR NEW TO US , AND I DO NOT HAVE YOUR ADDRESS , it may not be checked til after the fact , I am not on here all the time , and it may be others who check besides me , thank you ,,, otherwise please enjoy what arrives when (by our choice , sorry if a duplicate, please give to a friend) .... God Bless

JStheconqueror, what is your FIRST name?

Choices that are ready to choose from (they are ALL vinyl , and ALL we have , except for a few alternates below , after this list):

Debut deluxe - Ronn

Debut deluxe - Thel , happy b day , hope Dad is well!!

Debut - ?

Paranoid deluxe - ?

MOR deluxe - E5150 , so sorry about Dad ,,,, if you would rather a different choice please post it.

MOR deluxe - ?

MOR deluxe - ?

MOR deluxe - ?

MOR - ?

Vol 4 - ?

SBS - ?

SABOTAGE - ?

TE - Sabman Cometh , if you would rather a different choice , please post it.

NSD - Axeman , if you would rather a different choice , please post it.

SPECIAL IMPORT BOOT , stunning!! - Roller joint

We sold our souls - ?

TDYK - ?

Beatles blue album - Never Satisfied , special order , if you want something different please post it.

Beatles Sgt. Pepper's MONO - NID , special order , if you want something different please post it.

Beatles White album MONO or Let it be STEREO - Vynlsol , special order , if you want one over the other or something different please post it.

Beatles White album MONO or Let it be STEREO - Billy Underdog , special order , if you want one over the other or something different please post it.

Alternate list:

Paranoid
      Vol 4
      SBS
      Any Beatles stereo
      Any Beatles mono

EDIT: THERE IS ALSO A "PAST LIVES" DELUXE

God Bless everybody , and happy listening!!
      Thanks for the info Doc - hopefully the Jorn tracks (and the others) will see the light of day once the Sabbath touring ends.

As far as When Death Calls that line never bothered me - My interpretation of that line (Satan lives in the soul of the dying) is that when you die Satan will try his best to steal your soul & that you need to be strong in your faith to defeat him - that's kind of the way I view that entire song - as a warning that when you die you will be tempted & you need to keep the faith - probably wrong in my interpretation but that's my 2 cents
      At least my hair is all mine, My teeth are my own, but everything else is on a permanent loan I'm on a low budget - Ray Davies

Comment

• with sabotage the band were on the edge and it showed with that album.

Comment

• "For I believe, Satan lives, in the souls of dying
          Spirit of man, cannot be freed"
          The desperation of knowing your gonna die and being willing to sell your soul to live longer.
          Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

Comment

• I don't have a great stereo system,
            it still shows off how much better the debut deluxe is on vinyl over the CD.
            the inside packaging is also exceptional

Comment

• J is for Justin Mr. Eden

Comment

• Doc, thank you, I received the MOR deluxe vinyl today. It is a beauty. I appreciate your kind gift.

Comment

• Thank you Doc, my Past Lives DE arrived and it's BEAUUUUUUUUTIFUL!!! You are indeed a kind and generous man. Thank you my Brother.

Just wondering Doc if you've heard anything about what might happen after "The End". I've had Iommi DEP on constant play in the car and was thinking how cool a reunion album and concert with Glenn Hughes would be. If they made an album that would be 4 albums to draw upon. And treat it like H&H, only Hughes era songs. Just a dream but what do you think?

Comment

• HAPPY FATHER'S DAY ALL YOU SABBATH MANIACS!!!!!!

All of the people here who continue with there thoughts , on trying to "help" the Doc (Joe Siegler I got your emails) with "When Death Calls" , Sabotage , Headless Cross and some .... you people are truly special , and beyond appreciated by me ,,,, and have helped in your own ways , thank you guys ,, all of you!! .... I mean it!

Brother Ronn , "old Friend" OID , thank you both for your very kind words ,,, and no doubt Roller , Siegler , Iron-Man , Jeff and others (Sweet , Charger , Damian , etc..) ... all know there stuff , connections , etc .... thank you Ronn and OID for including me with such company.

Ronn , Sabman , Turch .... ENJOY!!!!!! ..... still 18 out there , let us know HERE , when they all arrive ,,,,, that way we can track them down if they don't ...... TO EVERYONE WHO RECIEVES NO "GEM" - I'm sorry , it wasn't because I didn't want to ,,,, and to anyone who RECIEVES A DUPLICATE of what I have already sent in the past - I'm also sorry , and please give to a friend.

Originally posted by turch118 View Post
                    Thank you Doc, my Past Lives DE arrived and it's BEAUUUUUUUUTIFUL!!! You are indeed a kind and generous man. Thank you my Brother.

Just wondering Doc if you've heard anything about what might happen after "The End". I've had Iommi DEP on constant play in the car and was thinking how cool a reunion album and concert with Glenn Hughes would be. If they made an album that would be 4 albums to draw upon. And treat it like H&H, only Hughes era songs. Just a dream but what do you think?
                    Excellent post brother .... for my "buck" , and Sabbath intuition .... and don't get me wrong , I would be going crazy for Sabbath album 28 to be with the incomparable Mr. Glenn Hughes!!! ,,,,, but , that was the first of the major 5 to have its reunion ....

OZZY
                    DIO
                    IAN
                    HUGHES
                    MARTIN ,,,,, takes us through 1995 , and then continues in different forms through 2004 ....

.... then it starts all over again for the main 5 ,,,

HUGHES , with FUSED - arguably the best release from any of the reunions .... giving him 5 , 7th Star , 8th Star (too different from DEP to not stand alone) , Iommi (I know , I know , I know - but the "riff" found on 3 releases beats out the Ozzy era from taking possession with "Who's fooling Who" , I know) , DEP and FUSED.

then the DIO REUNION , with THE DIO YEARS and TDYK , giving Ronnie 5 with HNH , MR , and DEHUMANIZER.

then the IAN REUNION , with WHO CARES and arguably the best track of any reunion , no not the amazing "Holy Water" , but with the show stopper - "Out of my Mind" ,,, ya Sabbath's 26 studio gem gives Ian 2 along with BORN AGAIN.

then the "magic" The world's been waiting for , the brilliant 16 track double album OZZY ERA REUNION with 13!! ,, giving Ozzy 10 along with the "great" 8 and Reunion.

.... so for my satisfaction , studio release 28 from the Sab's , has a very good chance of completing the main 5 reunions , with TONY "the cat" MARTIN ERA , bringing all the Sabbath era's full circle .... with what will be called the Martin deluxe recordings (studio album 28) , 7 new studio tracks or less (guessing based on information I have heard) , we will see ,,, none found on EI , 1 brand new on HC along with "Cloak n Dagger" , 3 brand new on TYR , 1 brand new on CP along with "What's the Use" , 1 brand new on CP LIVE along with the missing "DVD live tracks" , 1 brand new on FORBIDDEN along with "Looser gets it All".

"In the valley of Death do I stand in the shadow , Or fight for the right to be free?" - Cloak n Dagger.

God Bless
                    Last edited by BACK TO EDEN; 06-18-2016, 06:48 PM. Reason: GOD BLESS!!!

Comment

• I'm speechless. for the item of course - what a beauty - but first of all for your amazing generosity , Doc
                      Endless thanx , Eden .

just arrived today , directly from USA

Comment

• I received an awesome gift from Doc today. It is a new vinyl record of NEVER SAY DIE! I love it. Thank you Doc! Your generosity to the members here has no limits. The Vinyl resurgence is amazing. Thank you for helping spread joy to folks around the world with the gift of Black Sabbath.
                        www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• Hey Doc, I got it!

After a quick spin on the VPI, Back in the U.S.S.R. kicked it off with Glass Onion blasting as I type. Thank you so much, you humble me with your generosity.
                          gadji beri bimba glandridi laula lonni cadori - Ball

Comment

• That's amazing Doc, and very thoughtful, thank you...! White vinyl!

Comment

• Sabbath Bloody Sabbath! Thanks doc, I don't have a record player but I may have to seek one out now that I have my first vinyl!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rollerjoint View Post
                                That's amazing Doc, and very thoughtful, thank you...! White vinyl!

I really like the look of that cover!

Doc, is that a recent press, or an older boot?

Comment

Working...
                                X