The listen!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
    I was going to mention to you in another thread that Ozzy technically counts anyway, since it wasn't officially announced until 1999 that Martin was out of the band. So, that first stage of the reunion took place in the Martin era.
    As late as that? The Reunion songs were probably safely under Martin era.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sin Cardinal Sin View Post
      As late as that? The Reunion songs were probably safely under Martin era.
      Yep. It was something like January 1999.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack the Stripper View Post
        Yeah my obsession has got me in the doghouse with the missus this week

There ya go, was easier just to take a quick pick of the song titles.

Excellent \m/

Comment

• Not to sound greedy, but if another giveaway presents itself, I am looking for a Forbidden, Dehumanizer and Headless Cross CD to complete my Sabbath collection.

Comment

• Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
            I pray for you brother.
            Thank you!!
            gadji beri bimba glandridi laula lonni cadori - Ball

Comment

• Hey Doc, or anyone for that matter, I was listening to the "Rarities" CD you sent me a while back and was confused by something (not that hard to do). Rob Halford singing Heaven and Hell live. I'm guessing this was the tour that Dio refused to play second fiddle to Ozzy. So Halford mentions Ozzy and then sings H&H. Wasn't Halford really filling in for Ozzy? If that's the case, how did they get away with playing H&H?

Comment

• Originally posted by turch118 View Post
                Hey Doc, or anyone for that matter, I was listening to the "Rarities" CD you sent me a while back and was confused by something (not that hard to do). Rob Halford singing Heaven and Hell live. I'm guessing this was the tour that Dio refused to play second fiddle to Ozzy. So Halford mentions Ozzy and then sings H&H. Wasn't Halford really filling in for Ozzy? If that's the case, how did they get away with playing H&H?
                Yeah, it's from either of those two shows. I haven't listened to the 'Rarities' CD in a bit so I can't confirm which date it's from. Dio's point of view essentially was that they'd reunited, released a strong album with Dehumanizer and toured for it. He didn't believe that the band as they were should need to open for Ozzy.
                I assume they stuck largely to a setlist that the Dehumanizer band had rehearsed and could pull off easily. From memory they only had a few days to rehearse with Rob, in between shows with Dio. But getting back to your point, they played more Dio stuff than just H&H and some Ozzy era stuff the band hadn't done in some time, so I don't think the setlist was a matter of concern.

Plus, if they were that concerned about setlists, Ozzy wouldn't have performed 'Paranoid' with his solo band and again, later on in the night, with Sabbath.

Comment

• Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
                  Yeah, it's from either of those two shows. I haven't listened to the 'Rarities' CD in a bit so I can't confirm which date it's from. Dio's point of view essentially was that they'd reunited, released a strong album with Dehumanizer and toured for it. He didn't believe that the band as they were should need to open for Ozzy.
                  I assume they stuck largely to a setlist that the Dehumanizer band had rehearsed and could pull off easily. From memory they only had a few days to rehearse with Rob, in between shows with Dio. But getting back to your point, they played more Dio stuff than just H&H and some Ozzy era stuff the band hadn't done in some time, so I don't think the setlist was a matter of concern.

Plus, if they were that concerned about setlists, Ozzy wouldn't have performed 'Paranoid' with his solo band and again, later on in the night, with Sabbath.
                  Thanks for the info Sweet. I thought that after Dio backed out it was strictly Ozzy filling in but he got sick and Halford was brought in (on the same tour I believe). Just seemed strange that Dio material was played. Thanks for taking the time.

Comment

Thanks for the info Sweet. I thought that after Dio backed out it was strictly Ozzy filling in but he got sick and Halford was brought in (on the same tour I believe). Just seemed strange that Dio material was played. Thanks for taking the time.
                    You might be confusing the 1992 Costa Mesa shows with the 2004 Camden show where Halford did double duty and filled in for Ozzy (Judas Priest went on before Sabbath). Cheers!
                    We donít see things as they are; we see them as we are.

Comment

You're welcome, Turch. I do agree that it was a little strange but it was perhaps more due to the Dio era material being well rehearsed on the band's part. They didn't have much time to work with Halford.

Axe fiend's post above mine has some info about the time Halford filled in for Ozzy in 2004. He had even less time to prepare then, and (coming off a set with Judas Priest, no less) did a great job. Tony's playing was also excellent that night. At least from what I've heard.

Comment

• Appreciate the help guys... thank you.

Comment

• It's too bad the Costa Mesa Ones are poor quality and the Camden one is near perfect. The Costa Mesa Performances are Mind Blowing while the Camden ones are not so great. As a Sabbath and Priest fan these shows are pretty near and dear to my heart.
                          Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

Comment

• Damn my gift still has not arrived DOC???!! And Canada Post has not gone on strike yet though they are threatening to. Hopefully it arrives soon.

In the meantime....
                            Last edited by Thelemech; 07-11-2016, 07:05 PM.
                            Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

• Originally posted by Thelemech View Post
                              Damn my gift still has not arrived DOC???!! And Canada Post has not gone on strike yet though they are threatening to. Hopefully it arrives soon.
                              I think it ended up in Eskimo hands up by Angikuni Lake:

gadji beri bimba glandridi laula lonni cadori - Ball

Comment

• ^^^^^^

Good thing I just finished my dinner or I might be choking right now.
                                Nobody I know is gonna take my rock & roll away from me.

Comment

Working...
                                X