The listen!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Axe fiend View Post
    ^^^^ Bill's playing is definitely unorthodox for sure on the studio version of Tomorrow's Dream. I tried to decipher what Bill was playing in there when I made this backing track for Tomorrow's Dream that someone else posted on Youtube:

That was awesome!!
    Do you have more of these?

Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
    I went and saw the boys Friday night in Indianapolis. They were amazing. I rocked out with them. But I really took the time to soak it up. Knowing this would be my final Black Sabbath show was tough. But the band was really on point. I hope all of you going to the remaining shows have a blast.
    glad you enjoyed it \m/
    did the Mrs. go?

Originally posted by oh lord yeah! View Post
    Massive loss to the forum if doc does call it a day for good.

I've just discovered a completely different drum beat on tomorrow's dream from what I normally hear. The wife came home last week with a shitty portable radio CD player from an auction. We just have it in the kitchen and whilst playing vol 4 I noticed this drum pattern on tomorrow's dream that I've never heard before. I'm putting it down to this shitty CD player but that's not to say the drum beat is shitty because I love it. I will find out in a bit where about in the song it takes place but it's cool. As most of you will know when they opened with tomorrow's dream at the cal jam tony and Bill fluffed the timing and I think it's that part of the song I'm on about. I think with Tony's slowish riff and that drum pattern bill is playing I can see why it can be tricky to nail, well it seems tricky to me.

I can see why bill also struggled on vol 4 at times because that's some drumming he's doing on there and when your putting an ounce of coke up your nose every day I'd imagine it's even harder so well done bill for nailing it in the end. Another thing I want to mention is that is it just as hard to play slow and keep it in time than it is to play fast? I've heard this criticism of sabbath could only play slow which is bullshit but a lot of their music is slower and doomy than most and I'd imagine it's hard to keep it at that pace then suddenly spurt into the tempo changes that they did better than anyone.
    Excellent post, couldn't agree more with everything you said \m/
    Volume Four is special indeed!

Comment

• Originally posted by ronn View Post
      That was awesome!!
      Do you have more of these?
      Sure do, I post them here:

http://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/author/Axefiend.htm

I'm working on a backing track for Seventh Star right now. Cheers!
      We donít see things as they are; we see them as we are.

Comment

• This thread is going to die without the Doc. WHERE ARE YOU DOC!!!!!!

Comment

• OK - enough foolishness - time to come back Doc!!!!!
          Last edited by Thelemech; 09-12-2016, 11:08 PM.
          Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

• ...I imagine Doc probably on a beach to enjoy well deserved holidays. No doubt about his quick return on board after that...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rollerjoint View Post
              I just saw this cluster f in the "Seventh Star Documentary" thread.

Doc, I hope you're not leaving over that nonsense!

What you contribute to this forum far outweighs whatever games were going on in that thread. I mean really, can you take any of that seriously? There are many people in the world that choose to adhere to a belief that isn't true. The best thing you can do is share what you know and hope that someday they see the truth. Getting upset over it doesn't help them see the truth, and it just wears you down and zaps your energy!
              I strongly disagree 'Rollerjoint'. This topic isn't "nonsense". The ONLY "cluster f" is the self-inflicted fiasco (courtesy of Warner, Arden, AND Iommi) that was AND is the history behind 'Seventh Star'. The articles and thread that you contributed to simply reinforce that, in my opinion.

To your point, no, we haven't heard all of the "truth" behind this album. There's a reason why the 'Seventh Star' threads continue to be discussed and viewed by many. Still, it's good to see you respond to this. Respect ().

Comment

• Originally posted by A Sabbath Historian View Post
                I strongly disagree 'Rollerjoint'. This topic isn't "nonsense". The ONLY "cluster f" is the self-inflicted fiasco (courtesy of Warner, Arden, AND Iommi) that was AND is the history behind 'Seventh Star'. The articles and thread that you contributed to simply reinforce that, in my opinion.

To your point, no, we haven't heard all of the "truth" behind this album. There's a reason why the 'Seventh Star' threads continue to be discussed and viewed by many. Still, it's good to see you respond to this. Respect ().
                LOL!
                you were the cluster f, not seventh star,
                you said the d---est shit over and over,
                but credit to you learning from Doc and finally changing your tune that it was NOT JUST IOMMI like you said over and over again, but before I give you a pat on the back, I just remembered Doc fucked you up with all the Arden and Warner facts,
                you have no choice NOW but to include them,
                In for the kill \m/

edit, cleaned it up so I don't get banned
                Last edited by ronn; 09-11-2016, 07:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ronn View Post
                  LOL!
                  you were the cluster f, not seventh star,
                  you said the d---est shit over and over,
                  but credit to you learning from Doc and finally changing your tune that it was NOT JUST IOMMI like you said over and over again, but before I give you a pat on the back, I just remembered Doc fucked you up with all the Arden and Warner facts,
                  you have no choice NOW but to include them,
                  In for the kill \m/

edit, cleaned it up so I don't get banned
                  For the record 'ronn', I haven't "changed my tune". What I stated "over and over" was that Iommi doesn't get a pass on his part in this debacle. It's clear that you haven't read many (if any) of my posts. It's not necessary to give me a "pat on the back" by the way. You and I strongly disagree on this. Which is certainly okay.

It appears that you're the one who is now acknowledging that Iommi indeed had a hand in this ill-fated decision, along with Warner and Arden. Contrary to one of your previous statements that he had nothing to do with it.

To your comment about your friend "fucking me up" with his "facts" means nothing. When all is said and done, I'm not the one who walked. He did. Not to mention he made that decision public. Still, thanks for responding and "cleaning up" your comments, so to speak. Respect.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Sabbath Historian View Post

It appears that you're the one who is now acknowledging that Iommi indeed had a hand in this ill-fated decision, along with Warner and Arden
                    I did? I never knew I did, interesting

I certainly do know what you have said, your a tune changer every time it fits

it's OK bud, don't get all up tight, thanks for participating \m/

Comment

• OK Doc, time to get back to business. There have been mixed feelings for those of us who have been to a show on this last leg of the End tour. It has been awesome to see the masters live again, however, knowing it has been for the last time is difficult to accept. What can we expect once the tour has been completed? A new dvd seems certain. A live album? An album with previously unreleased material? The long awaited book from Geezer?

Comment

• One thing the Doc mentioned was the rest of the "Martin Years" getting the "Deluxe" treatment.

Comment

• Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

• This has some great interviews with Sabbath original members.

Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

• ^^^^^^
                              That's a fine documentary, Thel.
                              Nobody I know is gonna take my rock & roll away from me.

Comment

• ^^^^^^
                                I enjoyed it as well. Thanks Thel!

Comment

Working...
                                X