Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The listen!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Progonaut View Post
    If I were in the band’s shoes, I’d release “13” either as a full-fledged double album of 16 tracks or as two separate studio albums, “13” and, say, “Point of No Return”, in 2013 and 2018 respectively – the latter as a symbol of the band’s 50th Anniversary. Here is my vision of its content:

    1. Methademic
    2. Pariah
    3. Peace of Mind
    4. Isolated Man
    5. Take Me Home
    6. Cry All Night
    7. Season of the Dead
    8. Naivete in Black

    And I like this virtual album a bit more than “13” (the overtly bluesy, overextended 'Damaged Soul' is not my cup of tea). I like all these songs equally, though ‘Take Me Home’ (with its unique flamenco-style solo, which comes across as a vein of gold in the rock), is certainly the most original of them. I believe it’s still not too late for the band to release all those eight songs on CD - via Sanctuary Records as a last resort. It would be an excellent gift for its true fans. I’m really dissatisfied with “The End” CD, because this is nothing else than a semi-compilation. I do collect live albums too, but only as video concertos, mainly on DVD – never on CD in other words.

    I would also release a collection of the band’s rarities on CD – here they are in all their glory (placed in chronological order):

    1. Blue Suede Shoes (1970?)
    2. Scary Dreams (Live 1973)
    3. Sometimes I’m Happy (Live 1973)
    4. The Fallen (1983, Japanese Bonus Track – JBT hereinafter)
    5. Some Kind of Woman (1987, JBT)
    6. Cloak and Dagger (1989, JBT)
    7. What’s the Use (1994, JBT)
    8. Loser Gets It All (1995, JBT)
    9. Psycho Man (1998)
    10. Selling My Soul (1998)
    11. Ear in the Wall (2007)
    12. The Devil Cried (2007)
    13. Shadow of the Wind (2007)
    14. ‘A new song with Glenn on vocals’ (2017?)

    The latter song is needed to have all five of the band’s singers 'involved' in the album. That’s how things, er, dreams are :-).
    \m/
    Great post!
    Scary dreams comes during the psycho man era

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Progonaut View Post
      I would also release a collection of the band’s rarities on CD – here they are in all their glory (placed in chronological order):

      1. Blue Suede Shoes (1970?)
      2. Scary Dreams (Live 1973)
      3. Sometimes I’m Happy (Live 1973)
      4. The Fallen (1983, Japanese Bonus Track – JBT hereinafter)
      5. Some Kind of Woman (1987, JBT)
      6. Cloak and Dagger (1989, JBT)
      7. What’s the Use (1994, JBT)
      8. Loser Gets It All (1995, JBT)
      9. Psycho Man (1998)
      10. Selling My Soul (1998)
      11. Ear in the Wall (2007)
      12. The Devil Cried (2007)
      13. Shadow of the Wind (2007)
      14. ‘A new song with Glenn on vocals’ (2017?)

      The latter song is needed to have all five of the band’s singers 'involved' in the album. That’s how things, er, dreams are :-).
      Great list. Though, one thing: The Fallen's not a Japanese bonus track. It never got a release of any kind until the Born Again album demos got leaked, and then it got an official release as part of the Sanctuary Records deluxe Born Again reissue.

      On a similar note, I'd enjoy seeing Fused get a re-release with all three of the bonus tracks. 'The Innocence' has been unavailable, save for a digital download when the album first came out.

      Doc, glad to hear you're enjoying it! Lots more where that came from!
      Last edited by SweetSymptom; 03-06-2017, 08:36 PM.

      Comment


      • Many thanks for your comments, my good pals. Your remarks have been taken into consideration. Sabbocracy rules the world (of heavy metal, at least)!
        :) My signature is not available due to the censorship on the part of my alter ego :(

        Comment


        • TURN OF THE SCREW ,,, this song right here is so incredibly easy to miss it's overwhelming musicality - quickly becoming my new favorite!! ....

          "We measure in time
          And then we end
          The mountains we climb
          Are just pretend" ..... The lyrical genius here , is a TEN! , astounding!

          Any audiophiles here , do me a favor , tee up "Follow the Tears" on your rig , and report back ....


          Originally posted by Progonaut View Post
          If I were in the band’s shoes, I’d release “13” either as a full-fledged double album of 16 tracks or as two separate studio albums, “13” and, say, “Point of No Return”, in 2013 and 2018 respectively – the latter as a symbol of the band’s 50th Anniversary. Here is my vision of its content:

          1. Methademic
          2. Pariah
          3. Peace of Mind
          4. Isolated Man
          5. Take Me Home
          6. Cry All Night
          7. Season of the Dead
          8. Naivete in Black

          And I like this virtual album a bit more than “13” (the overtly bluesy, overextended 'Damaged Soul' is not my cup of tea). I like all these songs equally, though ‘Take Me Home’ (with its unique flamenco-style solo, which comes across as a vein of gold in the rock), is certainly the most original of them. I believe it’s still not too late for the band to release all those eight songs on CD - via Sanctuary Records as a last resort. It would be an excellent gift for its true fans. I’m really dissatisfied with “The End” CD, because this is nothing else than a semi-compilation. I do collect live albums too, but only as video concertos, mainly on DVD – never on CD in other words.

          I would also release a collection of the band’s rarities on CD – here they are in all their glory (placed in chronological order):

          1. Blue Suede Shoes (1970?)
          2. Scary Dreams (Live 1973)
          3. Sometimes I’m Happy (Live 1973)
          4. The Fallen (1983, Japanese Bonus Track – JBT hereinafter)
          5. Some Kind of Woman (1987, JBT)
          6. Cloak and Dagger (1989, JBT)
          7. What’s the Use (1994, JBT)
          8. Loser Gets It All (1995, JBT)
          9. Psycho Man (1998)
          10. Selling My Soul (1998)
          11. Ear in the Wall (2007)
          12. The Devil Cried (2007)
          13. Shadow of the Wind (2007)
          14. ‘A new song with Glenn on vocals’ (2017?)

          The latter song is needed to have all five of the band’s singers 'involved' in the album. That’s how things, er, dreams are :-).
          Left you a return PM , EXCELLENT POST!! , and great to have you here!


          Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
          That would certainly be something for a tune written in 2001...
          To his credit , Billy the Norway King ,, "Scary" could be right out of the 70's ..... by chance did the "F***ING HELL" reference ring a bell for you in your "mistake" thread , do you know the non-Sab track that is from ....


          Originally posted by ronn View Post
          \m/
          Great post!
          Scary dreams comes during the psycho man era
          Yes indeed it is!! .... left you a return PM my Sabbath brother ....


          Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
          Great list. Though, one thing: The Fallen's not a Japanese bonus track. It never got a release of any kind until the Born Again album demos got leaked, and then it got an official release as part of the Sanctuary Records deluxe Born Again reissue.

          On a similar note, I'd enjoy seeing Fused get a re-release with all three of the bonus tracks. 'The Innocence' has been unavailable, save for a digital download when the album first came out.

          Doc, glad to hear you're enjoying it! Lots more where that came from!
          Like Roller you never fail to impress ,, spot on thoughts , spot on!


          Originally posted by TYR66 View Post
          Ooh, not really easy for the last 7, Doc. My feeling, but I can be wrong of course:

          n 1 : Sabotage
          n 2 : Master of Reality
          n 3 : Dehumanizer
          n 4 : Born Again
          n 5 : Fused
          n 6 : Headless Cross
          n 7 : Iommi

          may a possible switch between n 5 and 6 ... Nothing 's sure .
          but so exciting countdown 'till the End , Doc !!
          Thank you for such an excellent post ,,,, Mad TRUE SABBATH respect your way!!


          ***** THIS WAS A HARD ONE , HAVE NO IDEA HOW IT WAS NOT A TOP 5!! *****

          7) FUSED (Studio Album #23) - TDYK is a monster! , 13 is a dream! .... Fused is a MONSTER DREAM! ,,, Sabbath at the absolute top of there game ,, this is a moment in time very rarely seen , ALL TEN TRACKS are impeccable - period! , BUT even more insane is the very fact that it is near impossible to pick what track is the single greatest example of true amazement - because all 10 tracks are the pinnacle of this example ......

          ..... Even more crazy than this , THE THREE BONUS TRACKS - are the 3 best songs on the album ,,, to take it a step further , the 3 bonus tracks , track 11 , 12 and 13 are about as good as anything IOMMI has ever done in his life.


          God Bless

          Comment


          • Doc, 'Follow the Tears' becomes massive in every sense of the word. Geezer's bass shakes the room, Vinny's drumming is immense, and Dio and Tony just cut through with such clarity!

            Appreciate your thoughts on my thoughts, and here's another for you. The bonus tracks for 'Fused' fit so well, you could place them anywhere on the album and not miss a bit. Or, here's an idea, weave the bonus tracks into the album and have "I Go Insane" retain its place as the closer. Where do you sequence the bonuses? Interested to hear what you think!

            Comment


            • "My sunshine is wind and rain and thunder ...." FTT

              "Freedom fighting freedom ......" BTE


              Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
              Doc, 'Follow the Tears' becomes massive in every sense of the word. Geezer's bass shakes the room, Vinny's drumming is immense, and Dio and Tony just cut through with such clarity!

              Appreciate your thoughts on my thoughts, and here's another for you. The bonus tracks for 'Fused' fit so well, you could place them anywhere on the album and not miss a bit. Or, here's an idea, weave the bonus tracks into the album and have "I Go Insane" retain its place as the closer. Where do you sequence the bonuses? Interested to hear what you think!
              My Sabbath Brother .... I love the order of the 10 , I follow it with "Let it Down Easy" , "The Innocence" and "Slip Away" ...... amazing , love it!!


              Nothing , and I mean nothing .... touches the Sab's!!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                "My sunshine is wind and rain and thunder ...." FTT
                good words as always , doc !

                Interesting to read : http://ultimateclassicrock.com/top-1...es-dio-lyrics/

                Comment


                • Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                  "My sunshine is wind and rain and thunder ...." FTT

                  "Freedom fighting freedom ......" BTE




                  My Sabbath Brother .... I love the order of the 10 , I follow it with "Let it Down Easy" , "The Innocence" and "Slip Away" ...... amazing , love it!!


                  Nothing , and I mean nothing .... touches the Sab's!!
                  Ahh Doc, that's what I wanted to hear! The bonus tracks do offer us some variation in their order, so there's some experimentation to be done. Solid nonetheless. They could have originally been released as album tracks and I wouldn't have minded the length.
                  I've gotta check through my archives and see if I have a decent/lossless quality version of "The Innocence". Did it ever see the light of day beyond as an iTunes download? I know "Slip Away" later got a CD quality release as part of the WhoCares album. Strange that they didn't put "The Innocence" on it as well, given "Let it Down Easy" was also on there.

                  And no, the Sabs are untouchable!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by TYR66 View Post
                    good words as always , doc !

                    Interesting to read : http://ultimateclassicrock.com/top-1...es-dio-lyrics/
                    Awesome article \m/

                    All of which reminded us that Dio bowed to no other singer (including the self-proclaimed ‘Prince of F---ing Darkness’) when it came to conjuring evil, terrifying lyrics in the service of heavy metal

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ronn View Post
                      Awesome article \m/

                      All of which reminded us that Dio bowed to no other singer (including the self-proclaimed ‘Prince of F---ing Darkness’) when it came to conjuring evil, terrifying lyrics in the service of heavy metal
                      Ronnie was and is the man, he was a light in the black as in Black Sabbath, nobody wrote better lyrics than him, except maybe Geezer as an equal, not better.

                      I like the title of this thread, The Listen!!!!!! because I love listening to Black Sabbath!!!!!!!!
                      "They tell you black is really white the moon is just the sun at night and when you walk in golden halls you get to keep the gold that falls, it's heaven and hell"
                      ~ Ronnie James Dio

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ElvesWearBoots View Post
                        Ronnie was and is the man, he was a light in the black as in Black Sabbath, nobody wrote better lyrics than him, except maybe Geezer as an equal, not better.!
                        I agree with you, though Bob Daisley's lyrics ("The Eternal Idol") are excellent too, in my view.
                        :) My signature is not available due to the censorship on the part of my alter ego :(

                        Comment


                        • Darn! ,, I got to go sleigh ride ,, and there are so many great post around today ,, love all the new BSO members ,, excellent PM's ,, and I know I have to do #6 ..... here we go ,,

                          27- REUNION
                          26- WHOCARES
                          25- DIO YEARS
                          24- SBS
                          23- TYR
                          22- DEP
                          21- TDYK
                          20- CP
                          19- NSD
                          18- FORBIDDEN
                          17- TE
                          16- 13
                          15- 8TH STAR
                          14- PARANOID
                          13- VOL 4
                          12- MOB RULES
                          11- 7TH STAR
                          10- ETERNAL IDOL
                          09- HEAVEN N HELL
                          08- BLACK SABBATH
                          07- FUSED

                          6) BORN AGAIN (Studio Album #11) - Certified masterpiece , the album that made Sabbath the ultimate band of all time .... A machine of greatness , that would NEVER stop moving forward , and never did! ,,,,, Riff after Riff , track after track - Born Again gave Sabbath a unique moment in time , most bands can only dream of .... the endless riff to "Zero the Hero" , is the ultimate example of the Sabbath life expectancy - nothing can stop it!


                          Originally posted by TYR66 View Post
                          good words as always , doc !

                          Interesting to read : http://ultimateclassicrock.com/top-1...es-dio-lyrics/
                          Great read brother!! ,,, just like Geoff Nicholls intros , Ronnie's subtle textures in writing , always allow the mind to expand.


                          Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
                          Ahh Doc, that's what I wanted to hear! The bonus tracks do offer us some variation in their order, so there's some experimentation to be done. Solid nonetheless. They could have originally been released as album tracks and I wouldn't have minded the length.
                          I've gotta check through my archives and see if I have a decent/lossless quality version of "The Innocence". Did it ever see the light of day beyond as an iTunes download? I know "Slip Away" later got a CD quality release as part of the WhoCares album. Strange that they didn't put "The Innocence" on it as well, given "Let it Down Easy" was also on there.

                          And no, the Sabs are untouchable!
                          I hope to , in the future , to send you a "sound exchange" remaster .... and no doubt "The Innocence" is a jaw gripping track .... wow , if I had to rank these 3 , it would be hard

                          3) The Innocence
                          2) Slip Away
                          1) Let it Down Easy


                          Originally posted by ronn View Post
                          Awesome article \m/

                          All of which reminded us that Dio bowed to no other singer (including the self-proclaimed ‘Prince of F---ing Darkness’) when it came to conjuring evil, terrifying lyrics in the service of heavy metal
                          No doubt , but must give the Ozz-Man along with Dio , mad props on delivery of such lyrics.


                          Originally posted by ElvesWearBoots View Post
                          Ronnie was and is the man, he was a light in the black as in Black Sabbath, nobody wrote better lyrics than him, except maybe Geezer as an equal, not better.

                          I like the title of this thread, The Listen!!!!!! because I love listening to Black Sabbath!!!!!!!!
                          The Listen is the only way to go!!


                          Originally posted by Progonaut View Post
                          I agree with you, though Bob Daisley's lyrics ("The Eternal Idol") are excellent too, in my view.
                          Bob is right along side with Geez n Dio , no doubt!


                          Originally posted by Progonaut View Post
                          The 'logo' on his t-shirt is Uzzy – not Ozzy. Below is their concert poster. Oh, almost forgot: their drummer is 100% blind - he's the man!



                          Prayer is ALWAYS everything!! ,,, you are a fantastic new member here ,, and tell your son - fantastic job!!


                          Originally posted by zzzptm View Post
                          LOST FOREVER

                          Dude.

                          Seriously, put that on a list.
                          Favorite post of the day , kudos!


                          Originally posted by ronn View Post
                          Doc, 54 seconds live for sleeping village https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-tB9vHC_POI
                          Also your right doc, on the deluxe version they call the entire track the intro to warning,
                          8. "Sleeping Village" (Intro) 3:45
                          9. "Warning" (Part 1) 6:58
                          No reason to check your sources
                          Good stuff Ronn - thank you! ,,, but ya - no doubt - Roller has his points , always.


                          Originally posted by DARKEST LIGHT View Post
                          Now that The End has ended and the band has gone out of their way to proclaim it's really the end will they still be looking at releasing audio and video from the past? Anyone have any insight on what could be released?
                          Alot of new gems coming , old and present .... Ozzy Era , Martin Era and more.


                          @Thel , loving the HEADLESS CROSS listen!!

                          @Vynlsol , let Zumbi know , not a chance I have forgotten him , definitely going to do a future BSO mailing , and he will be part of it .... been to the extreme busy , and my team has been all over the place .... hope your also well.


                          God Bless Sabbath maniacs! ,, now to the snow!!
                          Last edited by BACK TO EDEN; 03-14-2017, 12:18 PM. Reason: BREAKING INTO HEAVEN!!

                          Comment


                          • ^^^^ N.I.B. \m/

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                              @Vynlsol , let Zumbi know , not a chance I have forgotten him , definitely going to do a future BSO mailing , and he will be part of it .... been to the extreme busy , and my team has been all over the place .... hope your also well.
                              Zumbi needs to post more! Doing well out here, we had about a dusting worth of snow this morning, business is booming, and Sabbath records keep spinning!


                              Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                              ...now to the snow!!
                              gadji beri bimba glandridi laula lonni cadori - Ball

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                                I hope to , in the future , to send you a "sound exchange" remaster .... and no doubt "The Innocence" is a jaw gripping track .... wow , if I had to rank these 3 , it would be hard

                                3) The Innocence
                                2) Slip Away
                                1) Let it Down Easy
                                That would be most interesting to hear, as a 'companion piece' to the album, if you will.

                                That ranking lines up roughly with my own. Admittedly it's been a while since I've heard The Innocence. But that Iommi slow blues, combined with Hughes' ever soulful singing on 'Slip Away', and the riff monster that is 'Let it Down Easy'. Such compositions, most bands would kill to have as album tracks, let alone bonus tracks. Iommi just melds his style effortlessly around whoever he works with. But with Hughes it's not surprising. Seventh Star, Eighth Star, DEP Sessions and Fused. What a run!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X