X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ronn View Post
    Doc,
    what happen to Sin?
    I don't know my good brother ,, but he will be back!

Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
    Hey Doc,
    I'll take a look at that site, but if shipping for me is anything like what it was for Billy, I'll check and see how Amazon is. I'll let you know. It's immensely appreciated, as always!
    Enjoy hunting my good brother!! .... and my 'Sabbath' pleasure!

Originally posted by turch118 View Post
    I don't recall this ever being covered, but Doc, please explain how you got into music, who you listened to and how you became so passionate about Sabbath. A little Doc History 101.
    Wow , thanks for the interest!

1) "What Child Is This" by the 'Chipmunks' - heard it when I was 3 years old , and the rest was music history .....

2) In the beginning - Christmas , Christmas , Christmas .... then The Beatles and more Beatles ..... Elvis , The Who , The Kinks and "Bat Out Of Hell" ..... Became a crazed musician at a young age , drums , drums and more drums!

3) 1983 , the world changed .... Diary , Speak , Diver , Born Again .... The back catalog , and in late 85 a ruff copy of 7th Star - and my life hasn't been the same since ....

Originally posted by ronn View Post
    Pete Best
    he tried to kill himself
    very sad, like winning and loosing a billion dollars in the same wk
    Even during the time of royalties .... I believe there has never been a conversation with Pete , by anyone involved with The Beatles from that fateful day in the early 60's with Brian - til present time ,,, sad indeed ...

Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
    The best kind of Sabmaniac there is :D

Ringo's often considered a rudimentary drummer, but he's tighter than a clock in a scout girls ass. Pete Best was all over the place, which is why George Martin was the one who demanded they get a better drummer.

Rutsey was key to the formation of Rush, and unlike Best got to play on the debut, but he was too Rock n' Roll, while Lee and Lifeson wanted a more complicated, well thought through approach (read: Prog). So they got this man-robot called Neal Peart built instead. There were also the managers excuse that because of Rutseys diabetes he couldn't handle the alcohol focused touring life, but that just sounds like a bad excuse as Rush wasn't really the biggest party band. Also Peart brought the lyrics.

Both Beatles and Rush benefited both musically and financially from the decision, none of them would be the bands we know today had they kept the original drummer, they might even not have broken through at all. Esp. Rush.
    Beatles had their Liverpool/Hamburg following, but we'll never know if Beatlemania would've been that strong without Ringo (both as a drummer and a character in the band/show)...
    The right decision for both bands, though a bit sad about Rutsey getting pushed out by both band and manager for not being good enough.

Clive Burr: He played on the two best Maiden-albums, and laid the groundwork for the third that McBrain have had to follow ever since. Not the biggest difference in their playing style, exept Burr was probably a bit more adventurous. McBrain have copied the NotB-style for 34 yrs, exept for when Iommi and Gillan dragged him along to actually be a bit original.
    Don't know if his leaving did change the Maiden sound too much though, the damage was already done with Dickinson. So financially, they probably benefitted on the change, as Burr partly played and created the style on what's still considered their "best record" in the eyes of many, but had another drummer copying him and recording instead, and copying him ever since.
    Musically it's hard to say. His adventurous playing might've helped make the music better, but i don't think it would do much difference up against the Dickinson/Harris rape.
    But his leaving is most def. the saddest. Just about to break the world, and he had to quit due to the horrid MS (though there's been rumours that Burr felt he was ousted by the band. Maybe because they didn't yet understand he had a condition that set him back...).
    Excellent friggin post!! .... love this breakdown Billy!! .... and your choice

God Bless , Doc

Comment

• Happy Birthday Doc \m/

The keeper of the Sabbath Stones \m/

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
      I don't know my good brother ,, but he will be back!

1) "What Child Is This" by the 'Chipmunks' - heard it when I was 3 years old , and the rest was music history .....

2) In the beginning - Christmas , Christmas , Christmas .... then The Beatles and more Beatles ..... Elvis , The Who , The Kinks and "Bat Out Of Hell" ..... Became a crazed musician at a young age , drums , drums and more drums!

3) 1983 , the world changed .... Diary , Speak , Diver , Born Again .... The back catalog , and in late 85 a ruff copy of 7th Star - and my life hasn't been the same since ....

Even during the time of royalties .... I believe there has never been a conversation with Pete , by anyone involved with The Beatles from that fateful day in the early 60's with Brian - til present time ,,, sad indeed ...

Excellent friggin post!! .... love this breakdown Billy!! .... and your choice

God Bless , Doc

Comment

• Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post

Ah, you seem to be one of those guys who heard Ozzy solo first and dove back into the past. And once you heard Ozzy Sabbath you wanted MORE! Yeah, Sabbath will do that. I heard the S/T album shortly after it came out at 10 or 11 and like you say, the rest is history. Thanks for the response Doc. Always interested in what's in the Doc's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
          Will do, Doc. And thanks again!

Happy birthday as well! All the best, and may you have a blessed day.

Comment

• Happy Bday Doc!!!!
            Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

• Happy Birthday Doc, Cheers!!
              We don’t see things as they are; we see them as we are.

Comment

• Have a great day , Doc !!

Comment

• Happy Birthday!
                  gadji beri bimba glandridi laula lonni cadori - Ball

Comment

• Happy happy
                    95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                    Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

• Happy Birthday!

Comment

• Happy Birthday Doc. I hope you are doing well.
                        www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• Happy Birthday, Eden!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sin Cardinal Sin View Post
                            Happy Birthday, Eden!
                            Your back \m/

@Doc
                            hope you had a great day!

Comment

• Happy friggin Bday to me!! .... you guys are absolutely AWESOME!! .... Thank you

Comment

• “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Happy late birthday, Doc.

Comment

Working...
                                X