Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The listen!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #27 - Seventh Star - A great album just the worst of the Sabbath catalog. Some interesting stuff going on and I appreciate what Iommi was going for, there just has to be a number 27
    Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

    Comment


    • #26 - Forbidden - This is the album that gets the least plays from me though that is not to say it is a bad album. On the contrary the more times I listen to it the more I like it, but damn the mix is out of whack and it also desperately needs to be remastered. Still a mighty record if you overlook a few glitches in the delivery.
      Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Thelemech View Post
        #26 - Forbidden - This is the album that gets the least plays from me though that is not to say it is a bad album. On the contrary the more times I listen to it the more I like it, but damn the mix is out of whack and it also desperately needs to be remastered. Still a mighty record if you overlook a few glitches in the delivery.
        100% agree . Check out the rough mix if you have not already done. No vocals (so no rap on Illusion of Power ! great ) but Tony , Cozy and Neil on fire . This album NEEDS to be remastered , sure.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by TYR66 View Post
          100% agree . Check out the rough mix if you have not already done. No vocals (so no rap on Illusion of Power ! great ) but Tony , Cozy and Neil on fire . This album NEEDS to be remastered , sure.
          Great stuff.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by TYR66 View Post
            100% agree . Check out the rough mix if you have not already done. No vocals (so no rap on Illusion of Power ! great ) but Tony , Cozy and Neil on fire . This album NEEDS to be remastered , sure.
            That is great TYR66 thanks for sharing!!!!
            Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

            Comment


            • I'm loving it Thel! , Tyr66 , Lord Yeah ..... love seeing Sabbath maniacs talk ALL era's of Sabbath .... 7th Star is a straight up masterpiece - 9 flawless tracks , I only know of 10 Sab releases to top its magic ..... Forbidden - raw , taboo and creative ,, much like BA , the production only adds to its moment in time , speaking of time - this release just keeps getting better ...... 2 incredible chapters in the history of our great band.

              Loving the list Thel!

              Comment


              • Just the instrumentals alone of iommi playing are worth the listen.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by oh lord yeah! View Post
                  Just the instrumentals alone of iommi playing are worth the listen.
                  It's the blueprint that leads to the gem - much like the BA demo's , I want to gift to you ,, the Eternal Idol working tracks n demo's ,, Star of India , and more - it shows you all the different angles during creation ,, a version also exist ruff like this with a vocal track - Martin doing the "Ice-T" part - FORBIDDEN was an awesome time and experience in 95 and even better today , "Kiss of Death" rivaling anything Sabbath has ever written.

                  Great stuff!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                    It's the blueprint that leads to the gem - much like the BA demo's , I want to gift to you ,, the Eternal Idol working tracks n demo's ,, Star of India , and more - it shows you all the different angles during creation ,, a version also exist ruff like this with a vocal track - Martin doing the "Ice-T" part - FORBIDDEN was an awesome time and experience in 95 and even better today , "Kiss of Death" rivaling anything Sabbath has ever written.

                    Great stuff!
                    I will be in touch regarding those demos, cheers Doc.

                    Comment


                    • Strange . the Forbidden rough mix video on YT has disappeared.


                      We have already discussed this video in another thread
                      http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/show...orbidden+rough

                      Comment


                      • #25 - Paranoid - I know, I know - how in the hell could such a masterpiece be scored so low??? With the juggernaut that is Iron Man and the powerful delivery from the whole band on War Pigs to the mighty Electric Funeral there is not much to dislike. I had a tough time validating to myself putting Paranoid so low but I still give it a 8 out of 10 score in my previous posts. It is this simple - Paranoid is excellent just not as excellent as what came after and consequently what came before.
                        Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by oh lord yeah! View Post
                          Will do Doc when I get chance. My third child was born two days ago and only came home last night so as you can imagine I've got my hands full at the moment. But then again you only need ears to listen to music
                          Congratulations OLY!!!!!
                          Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

                          Comment


                          • #24 - Iommi - The only real reason this has scored its position is because it is the only album from Iommi/Black Sabbath that I do not own.
                            I do have a copy on my Computer and I do know how incredible the songs and musical aspects are. A one in a million release with some great vocal work from a slew of mighty singers.
                            Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ronn
                              25!
                              Doc has it at 14!
                              Have you guys heard Hand of Doom
                              And Fairies wear Boots

                              Paranoid and Seventh Star are both in my top 10 \m/
                              I LOVE Hand of Doom - it always kept me away from harder drugs excluding very minute experimentation with them.
                              And Fairies is superb!!
                              Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Thelemech View Post
                                #25 - Paranoid - I know, I know - how in the hell could such a masterpiece be scored so low??? With the juggernaut that is Iron Man and the powerful delivery from the whole band on War Pigs to the mighty Electric Funeral there is not much to dislike. I had a tough time validating to myself putting Paranoid so low but I still give it a 8 out of 10 score in my previous posts. It is this simple - Paranoid is excellent just not as excellent as what came after and consequently what came before.
                                25!
                                Doc has it at 14!
                                Have you guys heard Hand of Doom
                                And Fairies wear Boots

                                Paranoid and Seventh Star are both in my top 10 \m/

                                Originally posted by Thelemech View Post
                                #24 - Iommi - The only real reason this has scored its position is because it is the only album from Iommi/Black Sabbath that I do not own.
                                I do have a copy on my Computer and I do know how incredible the songs and musical aspects are. A one in a million release with some great vocal work from a slew of mighty singers.
                                Find a copy Thelemech \m/
                                I will let Mary know to tell the Doc
                                He will send you a check after you order it \m/

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X