The listen!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
    Wish I did brother Bill ,, but no clue what it is "to get" - share with me ?!

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
    @Billy , You receive vinyl or check yet ....
    Sent you a PM about it.
    95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
    Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

• #21 - Cross Purposes - Having Geezer still in the band is a catalyst for a great effort by the Tony Martin Era of Sabbath. Much Better than it is rated by most critics and more than a few fans dislike it, I say it is a solid ball of Metal.
      Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

• ^^^^ Cross Purposes is the 20th greatest album in the history of our fine planet , amazing piece of history!! .... loving your views buddy!

@Billy , left you a PM my good brother ...

TURN UP THE NIGHT "Live" - is sensational!!

Comment

And i've answered it
          95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!

Comment

^^^^ Cross Purposes is the 20th greatest album in the history of our fine planet , amazing piece of history!! .... loving your views buddy!

TURN UP THE NIGHT "Live" - is sensational!!
            Doc, will wager you this: Turn up the Night studio is sensational, live, it's mind blowing. Love that they pulled this one out with Jųrn, in tribute to Ronnie!

Comment

• Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
              Doc, will wager you this: Turn up the Night studio is sensational, live, it's mind blowing. Love that they pulled this one out with Jųrn, in tribute to Ronnie!
              Wow , you nailed it .... AGAIN!

Comment

• *** Die Young *** ,, Just like *** Killing Yourself to Live *** ,, Is one of those tracks that is just so good - you can't say enough about it , but everything you say - isn't enough .... A perfect example - for the only way - you can describe SABBATH'S SECOND?? GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT E!V!E!R!! .....

27- REUNION
                26- WHOCARES
                25- DIO YEARS
                24- SBS
                23- TYR
                22- DEP
                21- TDYK
                20- CP
                19- NSD
                18- FORBIDDEN
                17- TE
                16- 13
                15- 8TH STAR
                14- PARANOID
                13- VOL 4
                12- MOB RULES
                11- 7TH STAR
                10- ETERNAL IDOL
                09- HEAVEN N HELL
                08- BLACK SABBATH
                07- FUSED
                06- BORN AGAIN
                05/1e - MASTER OF REALITY
                04/1d - HEADLESS CROSS
                03/1c - IOMMI

02/1b - DEHUMANIZER (Studio Album #16) - Don't ask me why it's not #1 ,, I HAVE ZERO CLUE - This album is hands down the single most amazing album Sabbath has ever put together - Vinny's best effort EVER ,, DIO'S best effort EVER ,, Geezer sensational ,, Geoff awesome ,, and Iommi has NEVER been better ...... The best "book-ends" , track 1 and 10 , to ever be put on record .... Computer God is the Dio Era's "War Pigs" , and easily as good .... "I" and "Sins of the Father" is the closest Sabbath has ever come to that 70's feel since Sabotage n Dirty Women , A Hard Road and Wishing Well ; Back to Eden is after the fact .....

AFTER ALL (THE DEAD) , TOO LATE , BURIED ALIVE - on the same album - is simply not fair ,,,, the Bass line in "TV Crimes" is out of this world ,,, Letters from Earth , Master of Insanity and Time Machine - would be the most brilliant tracks off any other release .....

The end of COMPUTER GOD and BURIED ALIVE ,, may be the most mesmerizing moments to bear the name Black Sabbath ,,, Vinny on this release rivals anything done , by anyone , anywhere - and DIO is by far the most stellar "gem" off of Dehumanizer , every track - vocally - is 'Stargazer' or better , mesmerizing!

The guitar work is simply beyond words ..... ya , don't ask me , how DEHUMANIZER is not #1 ...

***** Billy , on its way!

God Bless

Comment

*** Die Young *** ,, Just like *** Killing Yourself to Live *** ,, Is one of those tracks that is just so good - you can't say enough about it , but everything you say - isn't enough .... A perfect example - for the only way - you can describe SABBATH'S SECOND?? GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT E!V!E!R!! .....

27- REUNION
                  26- WHOCARES
                  25- DIO YEARS
                  24- SBS
                  23- TYR
                  22- DEP
                  21- TDYK
                  20- CP
                  19- NSD
                  18- FORBIDDEN
                  17- TE
                  16- 13
                  15- 8TH STAR
                  14- PARANOID
                  13- VOL 4
                  12- MOB RULES
                  11- 7TH STAR
                  10- ETERNAL IDOL
                  09- HEAVEN N HELL
                  08- BLACK SABBATH
                  07- FUSED
                  06- BORN AGAIN
                  04/1d - HEADLESS CROSS
                  03/1c - IOMMI

02/1b - DEHUMANIZER (Studio Album #16) - Don't ask me why it's not #1 ,, I HAVE ZERO CLUE - This album is hands down the single most amazing album Sabbath has ever put together - Vinny's best effort EVER ,, DIO'S best effort EVER ,, Geezer sensational ,, Geoff awesome ,, and Iommi has NEVER been better ...... The best "book-ends" , track 1 and 10 , to ever be put on record .... Computer God is the Dio Era's "War Pigs" , and easily as good .... "I" and "Sins of the Father" is the closest Sabbath has ever come to that 70's feel since Sabotage n Dirty Women , A Hard Road and Wishing Well ; Back to Eden is after the fact .....

AFTER ALL (THE DEAD) , TOO LATE , BURIED ALIVE - on the same album - is simply not fair ,,,, the Bass line in "TV Crimes" is out of this world ,,, Letters from Earth , Master of Insanity and Time Machine - would be the most brilliant tracks off any other release .....

The end of COMPUTER GOD and BURIED ALIVE ,, may be the most mesmerizing moments to bear the name Black Sabbath ,,, Vinny on this release rivals anything done , by anyone , anywhere - and DIO is by far the most stellar "gem" off of Dehumanizer , every track - vocally - is 'Stargazer' or better , mesmerizing!

The guitar work is simply beyond words ..... ya , don't ask me , how DEHUMANIZER is not #1 ...

***** Billy , on its way!

God Bless
                  My favorite album \m/

Doc,
                  How is it Dehumanizer is not number 1

Comment

• #20 - Who Cares - Though I personally do not consider this to be a Sabbath album but for the purposes of this list I shall follow the Doc`s stipulations.
                    A fantastic sound is accomplished on the songs written specifically for this album while the rest of the material showcases the talents of Iommi and Gillan as well as Hughes. I really enjoy hearing the I Gillan songs.

Comment

• Gotta love Dehumanizer Doc. This was a much darker and heavier album than the previous Dio albums. And Dio got away from the Dungeons and Dragons lyrics.

I personally think this was Dio at his absolute best. He sounded more evil on this album thanks to the lyrics and their delivery. Musically it was tight, awesome all the way around. Great choice for your #2 Doc.

Comment

• Out Of My Mind was the best thing Iommi had done since '78.
                        The best Gillan did since '73, Lord since '74.
                        Certainly the best McBrain and Lindström ever did and will do.
                        And the best Newsted did since '96, but his playing is on par with everything he did in Metallica.

How it relates to 13 is hard, though. One tune vs. an album with several songs with both high and low points.
                        Holy Water i found boring.
                        Would love a full true WhoCares (or Born Again II) album, but maybe with another backing section (as mentioned; Geezer/Rex Brown and Brad Wilk/Zak Starkey... )

Comment

• Ronn , Thel , Turch , Billy .... I LOVE THE SABBATH LOVE!!!

I challenge anyone to take the time and listen to the opening 5 tracks from "TDYK" - listen first , and then tell me a better opening 5 .... ATOM N EVIL , FEAR , BIBLE BLACK , DOUBLE THE PAIN , ROCK N ROLL ANGEL ..... amazing stuff!

Comment

Ronn , Thel , Turch , Billy .... I LOVE THE SABBATH LOVE!!!

I challenge anyone to take the time and listen to the opening 5 tracks from "TDYK" - listen first , and then tell me a better opening 5 .... ATOM N EVIL , FEAR , BIBLE BLACK , DOUBLE THE PAIN , ROCK N ROLL ANGEL ..... amazing stuff!
                            Hard to find a better opening five, Doc. But I'll try!

BTW, sending you a PM about something to do with TDYK, your post reminded me of it.

Comment

• Hey Doc - the check arrived - so many thanks for footing the bill for IOMMI!!
                              It will probably take a month to get here as it is coming from Europe - Germany I believe.

Comment

• I have a HUGE situation going on ,,, Even with my intense incredible passion for TDYK , I have ran into an intense revelation ..... ATOM N EVIL and BIBLE BLACK have always been , and easily are - 2 of the most elite Sabbath tracks ever assembled ..... BUT!!!!! ....

FEAR and DOUBLE THE PAIN (Like - Cool morning rain!!!!!) ,,, are now ahead of both tracks , DIO IS OFF THE FN CHARTS!!! ..... and ROCK N ROLL ANGEL is superior to all 4 songs ...... TDYK , is to the extreme - under rated - and wow , none of these tracks are even my favorite from this mega release.

@Sweet n Thel ,, respect your way from here on The Listen !!

@Turch , Ronn n Thel ,, respect your way from the "bottom 5 thread" !!

- Had to move this one here , for my readers , love this post ...

Originally posted by Vynlsol View Post
                                Bottom five?

I have my albums in order by artist, then release date, from oldest to newest. So when I pull out my Sabbath albums, if I sit them with the front covers facing up, then the bottom five are:

Live at Hammersmith
                                Past Lives
                                Forbidden
                                Cross Purposes

If I sit them with the front cover facing down, the bottom five are:

Black Sabbath
                                Paranoid
                                Master of Reality
                                Vol. 4
                                Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

So really, it just depends.
                                Love this post!!! .... love!! ..... OK , I hear why and how you came up with the first set of 5 ,, BUT , yes I know I'm nuts .... based on Sabbath chronology and chapter - and my own Sabbath OCD ....

"How Good It Is" , is chapterized with release #20 (depending what release #28 becomes) "Iommi" ; and any or all compilations without new material just add to the chapters - so back side / flip side Vynlsol "bottom 5" should read in an OCD world of Black Sabbath :

5 - Gathered in their Masses
                                4 - 13 / Best Buy / The End
                                3 - WhoCares single / deluxe
                                2 - Neon Nights , 30 years of Heaven n Hell
                                1 - TDYK / God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen

.... counting inward with "Live at Radio City" and "The Dio Years / I Spy" being the next 2 ....

Great stuff Vyn Man!!

Ooooook , HERE WE GO .....

27- REUNION
                                26- WHOCARES
                                25- DIO YEARS
                                24- SBS
                                23- TYR
                                22- DEP
                                21- TDYK - I MUST RE-THINK THIS ONE *****
                                20- CP
                                19- NSD
                                18- FORBIDDEN
                                17- TE
                                16- 13
                                15- 8TH STAR
                                14- PARANOID
                                13- VOL 4
                                12- MOB RULES
                                11- 7TH STAR
                                10- ETERNAL IDOL
                                09- HEAVEN N HELL
                                08- BLACK SABBATH
                                07- FUSED
                                06- BORN AGAIN
                                04/1d - HEADLESS CROSS
                                03/1c - IOMMI
                                02/1b - DEHUMANIZER

01/1a - SABOTAGE (Studio release #6) - Could there ever be an album ahead of this right here .... And could any Era outside of the original Era be #1 - listen to the opening banter of "Hole in the Sky" straight through the first 2 minutes 58 seconds of "The Thrill of it All" , and you will not only have your answer , but you will have witnessed the most incredible 23 minutes 22 seconds of music ever recorded ..... add to that the rest of "The Thrill of it All" , "Supertzar" , "Am I Going Insane (Radio)" and "The Writ" - and you will have enough ear candy to last a lifetime!! .... Furthermore , the end of "Am I Going Insane" along with the first half of "The Writ" , and the fade out of "The Writ" - rival the first 23 and a half minutes ,,,,, and "The Writ" in and of itself is a mini masterpiece!! ,,, SABOTAGE is as #1 as #1 gets ....

Love Sabbath!!

Comment

Working...
                                X