The listen!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
    I have a HUGE situation going on ,,, Even with my intense incredible passion for TDYK , I have ran into an intense revelation ..... ATOM N EVIL and BIBLE BLACK have always been , and easily are - 2 of the most elite Sabbath tracks ever assembled ..... BUT!!!!! ....

FEAR and DOUBLE THE PAIN (Like - Cool morning rain!!!!!) ,,, are now ahead of both tracks , DIO IS OFF THE FN CHARTS!!! ..... and ROCK N ROLL ANGEL is superior to all 4 songs ...... TDYK , is to the extreme - under rated - and wow , none of these tracks are even my favorite from this mega release.

@Sweet n Thel ,, respect your way from here on The Listen !!

@Turch , Ronn n Thel ,, respect your way from the "bottom 5 thread" !!

- Had to move this one here , for my readers , love this post ...

Love this post!!! .... love!! ..... OK , I hear why and how you came up with the first set of 5 ,, BUT , yes I know I'm nuts .... based on Sabbath chronology and chapter - and my own Sabbath OCD ....

"How Good It Is" , is chapterized with release #20 (depending what release #28 becomes) "Iommi" ; and any or all compilations without new material just add to the chapters - so back side / flip side Vynlsol "bottom 5" should read in an OCD world of Black Sabbath :

5 - Gathered in their Masses
    4 - 13 / Best Buy / The End
    3 - WhoCares single / deluxe
    2 - Neon Nights , 30 years of Heaven n Hell
    1 - TDYK / God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen

.... counting inward with "Live at Radio City" and "The Dio Years / I Spy" being the next 2 ....

Great stuff Vyn Man!!

Ooooook , HERE WE GO .....

27- REUNION
    26- WHOCARES
    25- DIO YEARS
    24- SBS
    23- TYR
    22- DEP
    21- TDYK - I MUST RE-THINK THIS ONE *****
    20- CP
    19- NSD
    18- FORBIDDEN
    17- TE
    16- 13
    15- 8TH STAR
    14- PARANOID
    13- VOL 4
    12- MOB RULES
    11- 7TH STAR
    10- ETERNAL IDOL
    09- HEAVEN N HELL
    08- BLACK SABBATH
    07- FUSED
    06- BORN AGAIN
    05/1e - MASTER OF REALITY
    04/1d - HEADLESS CROSS
    03/1c - IOMMI
    02/1b - DEHUMANIZER

01/1a - SABOTAGE (Studio release #6) - Could there ever be an album ahead of this right here .... And could any Era outside of the original Era be #1 - listen to the opening banter of "Hole in the Sky" straight through the first 2 minutes 58 seconds of "The Thrill of it All" , and you will not only have your answer , but you will have witnessed the most incredible 23 minutes 22 seconds of music ever recorded ..... add to that the rest of "The Thrill of it All" , "Supertzar" , "Am I Going Insane (Radio)" and "The Writ" - and you will have enough ear candy to last a lifetime!! .... Furthermore , the end of "Am I Going Insane" along with the first half of "The Writ" , and the fade out of "The Writ" - rival the first 23 and a half minutes ,,,,, and "The Writ" in and of itself is a mini masterpiece!! ,,, SABOTAGE is as #1 as #1 gets ....

Love Sabbath!!
    Is this list for all times or just for right now?I guess EI gets a reasonable nod at #10
    Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

Comment

• Doc, I enjoyed your analysis of Sabotage. Without a doubt, no one here would duplicate your ranking of all these Black Sabbath albums. There is certainly only one Doc!

TDYK was a great addition to the Dio era and a tremendous effort after so many years apart. The first five tracks are strong and Bible Black is a Dio classic. I rate the first five higher on Black Sabbath, Paranoid, Sabotage, and perhaps a few others.

Comment

• Got the new check today, Doc. I'm going to wrap it in plastic foil, put it between my cheeks and don't take a dump all weekend, so i know it's safe 'till i can cash it on monday.
        95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
        Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

• I'm going to say right now , right here , and if I ever change my mind - I'm wrong when I do ..... THE MOST UNDER-RATED BLACK SABBATH SONG .... EVER ,,, and not because the vocalist is no longer with us ,, or that it was never played live ,, or the year it came out ,, or that it is found on Sabbath's highest charting album since MOR at the time ,, or that it is about Jesus ,, or that the tour was a monster success ,, or that this album put Sabbath back on the map ,, or the fact it wasn't even released under the Sabbath name ..... the reason it is the most underratted Sabbath track of all time - is the fact that it is PERFECT and astounding!! ....... it is - ROCK N ROLL ANGEL!!

Originally posted by Never Satisfied View Post
          Is this list for all times or just for right now?I guess EI gets a reasonable nod at #10
          All time my good brother , the past 11 years anyway , with very little movement over that time .... Mob Rules an example ,, or a new release ... WhoCares an example - and nothing moves down , only up , even if the # changes ..... Eternal Idol has been #10 for almost always - masterpiece! Good to see you NS , hope your well.

Originally posted by The Sabman Cometh View Post
          Doc, I enjoyed your analysis of Sabotage. Without a doubt, no one here would duplicate your ranking of all these Black Sabbath albums. There is certainly only one Doc!

TDYK was a great addition to the Dio era and a tremendous effort after so many years apart. The first five tracks are strong and Bible Black is a Dio classic. I rate the first five higher on Black Sabbath, Paranoid, Sabotage, and perhaps a few others.
          The Sabman is back!! .... fantastic post , great answers!! ,,, Sabotage yes! ,, Paranoid close! ,, Black Sabbath yes! - but none of the 3 by a lot ..... the Sabbath curse , it's all so darn good!

Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
          Got the new check today, Doc. I'm going to wrap it in plastic foil, put it between my cheeks and don't take a dump all weekend, so i know it's safe 'till i can cash it on monday.
          Billy boy!! .... you have your gem yet ....Enjoy!!

Comment

I'm going to say right now , right here , and if I ever change my mind - I'm wrong when I do ..... THE MOST UNDER-RATED BLACK SABBATH SONG .... EVER ,,, and not because the vocalist is no longer with us ,, or that it was never played live ,, or the year it came out ,, or that it is found on Sabbath's highest charting album since MOR at the time ,, or that it is about Jesus ,, or that the tour was a monster success ,, or that this album put Sabbath back on the map ,, or the fact it wasn't even released under the Sabbath name ..... the reason it is the most underratted Sabbath track of all time - is the fact that it is PERFECT and astounding!! ....... it is - ROCK N ROLL ANGEL!!
            Rock 'n'Roll Angel one of my favourite tracks of the wonderful "The Devil You Know" . The Shinning moment of Tony Iommi during the first part of the solo with this acoustic guitar behind and back again 'till the end of the outro... just perfect . The final line of Bass by Geezer is fantastic too .
            thanx again for the double vinyl , Doc . Still sealed ! one of my best gems of my collection .

Comment

• Doc said,
              I'm going to say right now , right here , and if I ever change my mind - I'm wrong when I do ..... THE MOST UNDER-RATED BLACK SABBATH SONG .... EVER ,,, and not because the vocalist is no longer with us ,, or that it was never played live ,, or the year it came out ,, or that it is found on Sabbath's highest charting album since MOR at the time ,, or that it is about Jesus ,, or that the tour was a monster success ,, or that this album put Sabbath back on the map ,, or the fact it wasn't even released under the Sabbath name ..... the reason it is the most underratted Sabbath track of all time - is the fact that it is PERFECT and astounding!! ....... it is - ROCK N ROLL ANGEL!!

Could not agree more Doc, well said!

Comment

• @TYR , RONN and SABMAN (new thread you started) .... thank you for the comments , and way to honor the Sab's!!

..... Sabman , that's one of the hardest questions I have ever seen asked , wow , Kudos .... and great answers by you , Billy , Icy Sun and KDC ,, but man I got to think on that one ,,, wow!

Comment

• Originally posted by Thelemech View Post
                  #20 - Who Cares - Though I personally do not consider this to be a Sabbath album but for the purposes of this list I shall follow the Doc`s stipulations.
                  A fantastic sound is accomplished on the songs written specifically for this album while the rest of the material showcases the talents of Iommi and Gillan as well as Hughes. I really enjoy hearing the I Gillan songs.
                  Thel, what's next?

Comment

• Originally posted by ronn View Post
                    Thel, what's next?
                    I am actually having a bit of a tough time coming up with the next one
                    This is not easy!!!!
                    Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

• Doc,
                      How good was the Born Again tour? Everything from it I've heard, Iommi was on fire!

Comment

• Notice the legal drugs Caffeine, Nicotine and Alcohol. The only drug more deadly than Alcohol is Heroin.
                        Notice LSD, Shrooms and Cannabis...

Re: Pentobarbital is what Americans use to kill each other legally, btw...
                        Last edited by Billy Underdog; 05-10-2017, 11:33 PM.
                        95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!

Comment

• Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
                          Doc,
                          How good was the Born Again tour? Everything from it I've heard, Iommi was on fire!
                          Born Again and its tour are one of Sabbath's best moments across the board ..... no doubt brother Sweet , no doubt!

B.U. , sent you a return PM

BREAKING INTO HEAVEN - just broke into the top ten Sabbath tracks of ALL time ....

Comment

B.U. , sent you a return PM
                            Answered.

Problem is; for one The Wall is still a work in progress, second it's already getting short of space. And now i've got so many stacks of books lying around that i need a new book-shelf, which means i'll have to re-think the whole wall.
                            But i think i'll rather have Past Lives represented (as a visual), than to have EVERY Ozzy and Gillan-era album, both foldout and inside. But the debut is a given. And Sabotage. MOR. 13. And the fold-out inside of SBS. And Vol. 4... Damn...

Sab's important, but books are important too, no?

And there's always the possibility to print the "less" important albums in more or less CD size on high quality paper...

I rent a 60 m2 house. Should've had another, atleast 30 m2 one dedicated to Sabbath...

I know i've promised you a pic, Black To Heathen (), but i've been wanting to wait until the finished result. But if i choose to reorganize, i'll try to take a pic of the 1/3rd finished work before i start moving things around.
                            Last edited by Billy Underdog; 05-12-2017, 02:31 AM.

Comment

• #19 - The Dio Years - Well the contents of this compilation and it's three new tracks are of the highest quality. This set helps kick start a new phase for the Dio led Sabbs that would culminate in the grand The Devil You Know.
                              Worth it for the new songs alone.
                              Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

• Originally posted by Thelemech View Post
                                #19 - The Dio Years - Well the contents of this compilation and it's three new tracks are of the highest quality. This set helps kick start a new phase for the Dio led Sabbs that would culminate in the grand The Devil You Know.
                                Worth it for the new songs alone.
                                agreed . for me :
                                1 - Shadow of the Wind . What a riff ! What a solo ! what a break ! what a bridge ! a Dio's peak sure .
                                2 - Ear in the Wall . If I'm not wrong , Vinnie shows some groove here . Seems to be a hidden track from Dehumanizer.
                                3 - The Devil Cried . Doomy Bass lines of Geezer. Pachydermic pounding .

Comment

Working...
                                X