Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
    TDYK any thoughts yet
    Wasn't convinced by your and Vyns answers, so i haven't given it a new chance. My only experience with it yet is two times with starting listening, thinking "this isn't too bad", then the vocals came and i had to turn it off. It was Bible Black and one of the Dio Years tracks, i think.

But reading your answer about the 70's sound of H&H, i think we can agree that we don't agree what the 70's sounded like.

If i ever stumble upon a non vocal version of the album or some of the songs, i'll give it a chance.
    95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
    Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

• Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
      Wasn't convinced by your and Vyns answers, so i haven't given it a new chance. My only experience with it yet is two times with starting listening, thinking "this isn't too bad", then the vocals came and i had to turn it off. It was Bible Black and one of the Dio Years tracks, i think.

But reading your answer about the 70's sound of H&H, i think we can agree that we don't agree what the 70's sounded like.

If i ever stumble upon a non vocal version of the album or some of the songs, i'll give it a chance.
      Billy my brother ,, spend a moment with "Rock n Roll Angel" - the vocals will be what your looking for ....

But even more important ,,,, we're talking "Sabbath 70's sound" .... do not go on memory , LISTEN to 3 tracks .... actually listen , and in this order ,, then tell me which is not "Sabbath 70's" sounding - if any of these 3 don't fit your description of a 70's feel - then all 3 don't ..... very curious what your listening reveals -

"Looking for Today"

"Never say Die"

"Wishing Well"

Comment

• When are the Martin remasters coming out?

Comment

• Originally posted by ronn View Post
          When are the Martin remasters coming out?
          Let's hope sooner than later my fine brother .... but rest assured - it's happening!

Personally I can't think of anything better ....

Chapter 12 , TDYK , of "The Listen" part 2 ended Wednesday at 7:00 pm .... and what a chapter it was!

- 7th Star
          - Eternal Idol
          - Born Again
          - Cross Purposes
          - Heaven n Hell
          - Fused
          - MOR
          - Headless Cross
          - Technical Ecstasy
          - Mob Rules
          - Iommi
          - TDYK

...... And now CHAPTER 13 , Easily Black Sabbath's finest hour ... creativity , diversity and even talent wise - Sabbath has rarely , it ever , been better than "SABBATH BLOODY SABBATH!!!" .... astoundingly sensational , the pure pinnacle of the Ozzy Era ..... although I can't wait for -

"Little boy blue's a big girl now .."

"Like butterfly , so quick to die .."

.... since Wednesday at 7:01 pm , it's been nothing but track 1 and 2 , bar none the absolute BEST opening to ANY album in Black Sabbath history .... SBS , A NATIONAL ACROBAT!

God Bless

Comment

• Doc is a national acrobat number one yet?
            Geezer wrote the lyrics and riff, about the life of a sperm?

Comment

Doc is a national acrobat number one yet?
              Geezer wrote the lyrics and riff, about the life of a sperm?
              Almost Ronn , Almost .....

On a side note , the track SABBATH BLOODY SABBATH is more perfect than WAR PIGS .....

..... just a thought

Comment

• Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                Almost Ronn , Almost .....

On a side note , the track SABBATH BLOODY SABBATH is more perfect than WAR PIGS .....

..... just a thought
                Taking that early perfection found in War Pigs, Into the Void and Wheels of Confusion, and adding a progressive bent. Gotta love it!

Comment

• Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
                  Taking that early perfection found in War Pigs, Into the Void and Wheels of Confusion, and adding a progressive bent. Gotta love it!
                  Well said brother Sweet ,, what's going on during the track "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" is just stupendous from start to finish ..... Ozzy n Bill are off the planet ,, the guitar work and especially that solo (a song within itself) is just so tasty it's insane ,, as for Geezer - everything he brings to the table bass wise and lyrically just satisfies this masterful piece music perfectly .... straight up , this track is ridiculous!

Comment

• Just heard an interview with Slash where he's talking about how musicians were more or less fed drugs in the 70's & 80's to keep them working, and so that they would be easier to manipulate. He sited Aerosmith as an example.
                    Made me think about the Bel Air Vol 4 times with the soapboxes of coke that Ozzy thought came from the government...

If interested, it's done by Russell Brand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu2IHuzuYAU
                    95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!

Comment

Just heard an interview with Slash where he's talking about how musicians were more or less fed drugs in the 70's & 80's to keep them working, and so that they would be easier to manipulate. He sited Aerosmith as an example.
                      Made me think about the Bel Air Vol 4 times with the soapboxes of coke that Ozzy thought came from the government...

If interested, it's done by Russell Brand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu2IHuzuYAU
                      thanks for posting that, do you think this stuff really happened?

Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
                      And they added that soft passage
                      And you bastard!
                      Love sbs

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                      Well said brother Sweet ,, what's going on during the track "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" is just stupendous from start to finish ..... Ozzy n Bill are off the planet ,, the guitar work and especially that solo (a song within itself) is just so tasty it's insane ,, as for Geezer - everything he brings to the table bass wise and lyrically just satisfies this masterful piece music perfectly .... straight up , this track is ridiculous!
                      Doc you got me saying off the planet, from another planet now \m/
                      you say it all the time

Comment

thanks for posting that, do you think this stuff really happened?
                        In a world ruled by cynical marketing powers, it's not hard to imagine...

Comment

In a world ruled by cynical marketing powers, it's not hard to imagine...
                          The German Army was given meth all through WW2. Worked great for smaller countries that could be conquered before they started to come down, but failed to do the trick in Russia.

Comment

• Originally posted by zzzptm View Post
                            The German Army was given meth all through WW2. Worked great for smaller countries that could be conquered before they started to come down, but failed to do the trick in Russia.
                            WW1 too. And how the Viets was on Opium. Not to mention the LSD experiments done by both military and C.I.A. But that's a bit outside the point in alot of cases. Instead of being driven by money, they're driven by the desire to obtain and maintain military technology and personel. Though it's a horrible personal tragedy nonetheless...

Comment

• doc! its the real Ronn! Are you there? Hello?

Comment

doc! its the real Ronn! Are you there? Hello?
                                Persian GA ? ...... My Brother!! ,,, Talk to me .....

Comment

Working...
                                X