The listen!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
    Haha! Excellent , thank you ..... many a time I've erased that thought from a post , that one time it must of slipped on through , hope it was not too condescending

By the way ANY story by the Vyn Man is a worthy contender!! .... you should jump in the contest brother ....

I mean come on , forget about "ultracrepidarian" ,, greatest post ever still IS!! :

"Considering that Blow on a Jug includes only half of the band, it is clear that, whereas often dismissed as mere "studio noodling", Blow on a Jug serves to highlight just how incredibly talented Black Sabbath is.

In less than a minute, Ozzy and Bill create a sound-space that is at once both intimate and expansive. On its surface, the simplistic melody, stripped down instrumentation, and plaintive vocals recommend it for quick and easy categorization: "Aha, that's just some dudes messing about in the studio!" The more astute listener will be rewarded with so very much more…

"Blow on a jug," intones the vocalist. That masterpiece of wordsmithing is planted firmly in the musical ground, as if a banner which defies ignoring. Blow on a jug…reach beyond yourself, transcend the norm and self-actualize! The path to enlightenment lies this way, all you have to do is free your mind of the shackles that heretofore have been unseen, yet very real. You've thought yourself free? True freedom awaits...

"Everybody come on," sung with rousing emotion, serves as an invitation. An all-inclusive invitation; no one is excluded. The invitation, of course, is to blow on a jug.

"Be like me," he sings. The listener understands that he would not ask them to do something that he himself would not, in fact, do. Which as we all know by now, is blow on a jug.

"I want you to," cajoles the singer. He cares about you, he wants what is best and right for you, and makes his intention perfectly clear: he wants you to blow on a jug.

Finally, the assumption is made: with such a simple, easy, and positive activity who could possibly resist? "Everyone begin, blow on a jug." Ozzy and Bill know that you're smart, insightful, and want what is best for yourself, so rather than question whether or not you're going to blow on the jug, they are confident you made the right choice and provide you with a starting point. A beginning, if you will. Had Hollis Brown taken this good advice, it is certain he wouldn't have bought those seven shotgun shells. When is it time to blow on a jug? The time is now, my friend."

Great stuff ^^^^^

****** Side note Sabbath fans ,,,, if your ever curious how much more diverse Sabbath is over a Zep , a Deep , a Queen , a "anybody" .... go directly to the middle of Sabbath's 73 release ,, close your eyes ,, and LISTEN CLOSELY to what is happening within - "Sabbra Cadabra" and "Killing Yourself to Live" ..... brilliant.
    Blown away every time I listen to those 2 tracks Doc!
    Sabbra cadabra is one of my all time favorites,
    Killing yourself to live, as you say has so much going on with it. Great song

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by TYR66 View Post
        Great sh*t brother!!!

NEED HELP FELLOW MANIACS ..... all my nephews fault ,, everyone knows besides a little Rush , Beatles , CHRISTmas music , Tesla , Patty Barber , some Jazz and ALL Classical - all ONLY in the 2 Channel Rooms ,, I listen to NOTHING around the clock besides Sabbath .... But my neph sent me a message of Maidens "Revelations" ..... and I ended listening to 2 tracks that I can't decide which is superior , because they are both out of this fn world - help me BSO - which is "better" :

MURDERS IN THE FN RUE MORGUE!!!

or

DIE WITH YOUR FN BOOTS ON!!!

Thanks in advance ..... Doc

Comment

• Casting my vote for Rue Morgue. Slowly creeps up on you. Boots just sounds like typical Maiden.

Comment

• Murders in the rue Morgue , easily, because of Killers sound , Paris place , Poes inspiration, Clive Burr's drumming.
            happy if I can help you , Doc

Comment

• It's no Blow on a Jug, but I gotta go for Murders in the Rue Morgue.

Like TYR66 mentioned, lots of touchstones in that song, and it's very well done. Plus:

Originally posted by The Song
              my doctor said I've done it before
              Awesomesauce!
              gadji beri bimba glandridi laula lonni cadori - Ball

Comment

• Murders in the fn rue morgue!!!
                Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

• Originally posted by Thelemech View Post
                  Murders in the fn rue morgue!!!
                  Hope your doing well Thel \m/

Die with your boots on Doc \m/
                  Last edited by ronn; 08-21-2017, 09:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ronn View Post
                    Hope your doing well Thel \m/

Die with your boots on Doc \m/
                    Thanks ronn - I hope all is well with you and yours bud.
                    Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

• BSO , ...... ALL 5 era's , is there a more talented track , start to finish - over the masterful "Wheels of Confusion" ???? , let me hear some thoughts !

Comment

• Doc, Wheels of Confusion is an awesome opener, so many beautiful layers. This track just keeps attacking. Mr. Tony Iommi!!! Wheels of Confusion demonstrates the brilliance of Black Sabbath.

Comment

• The main riff in the song is somewhat boring but Ozzy's vocal melody makes it tolerable. The middle is absolutely awesome. After the middle I find myself getting excited about The Straightener coming up; if you're including that part. Not my favorite opener but it's a good one.

Comment

• I'll direct this to everyone, especially the Doc. Remember when God is Dead? was first debuted this version had no guitar solo which enabled you to hear Geezer's outstanding bass line. Can this be heard anywhere? No luck on youtube. Any info appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by turch118 View Post
                              I'll direct this to everyone, especially the Doc. Remember when God is Dead? was first debuted this version had no guitar solo which enabled you to hear Geezer's outstanding bass line. Can this be heard anywhere? No luck on youtube. Any info appreciated.
                              That was the iheartradio version, correct? It's probably been supplanted by the official stream, but it could still be lurking somewhere. I'll have a look around.

Comment

• ^^^ I'd love to hear that again. Geezers basslines are almost a solo in itself at that point.
                                95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                                Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

Working...
                                X