Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

The listen!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
    But I'll tell you what .... I trust you on this ,, read the entire "Truth about 7th Star thread" and simultaneously read the entire "7th Star article thread" .... both from start to finish ,,, and if that doesn't change your mind on what actually went down .... then I will come off my , what your calling "high horse".
    To start over again: you're missing the point, as you don't include the quotations on the word truth in the thread name. We'll never find a defining truth about it, it's a neverending discussion. That's the whole point of the thread. Kinda in the same way "is TDYK really a Sabbath album?".

Don't know what happened between you and OID, don't really care either though it's sad he's not around anymore, but i don't add anything about you as a person you don't reveal yourself.

This will be my last remark on the subject, atleast until the original thread hopefully is unlocked again:
    The Devil You Know is a Black Sabbath album. Seventh Star is a Tony Iommi solo album with false marketing. In my fuckings opinion!

P&L
    Last edited by Billy Underdog; 10-28-2017, 08:44 AM. Reason: how can i spell Iommi as Iommy..? :-P
    95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
    Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

I understand you precieve it that way , and respect your thoughts on it ,,, but much like Billy (though you don't know me , Billy does) ...
      I know that you are exceptionally egotistical man who likes to belittle all others resort to petty name calling...and frankly that's all I want to know...and now I'm out of this useless instult to the forum of a thread again.
      Last edited by Charger; 10-28-2017, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Come on Billy , you know me! .... the things you are saying are not the case , the "7th Star" thing and how it went down on these boards is so much bigger than the last 30 days , and your boy , who is a good member , had an agenda beyond what your perceiving .... You took my writings as belittling because of your stance on the subject , others did not because of their stance on the subject ...
        There is no "agenda" BTE. It's an objective AND justifiable discussion on (arguably) the most turbulent period in Sabbath's history. That's why fans have continued to view that thread. Respect.

Comment

• I love all you guys and it pains me to see people keep throwing fuel on the fire. I enjoyed the "7th Star" thread as much as anyone but I hate to see a group of people that have been together on this forum for so long slinging insults at each other. We pretty much know everyone's personality and how they will react. Insults are not permitted and are not fruitful in any way. I dig this site so much and check it everyday. I'd hate to see anyone else leave over petty bullshit.

Doc, you know I love you and your passion for and knowledge of Black Sabbath is unmatched, but I have to say I think you crossed the line this time. I always enjoy reading your posts but the recent ones kinda turned me off. You know I'm one of your biggest cheerleaders but honestly I have to say you disappointed me. I know most people on this site love you but you put them in an uncomfortable position and they responded. Not condoning the responses but I understand.

Nothing wrong with a heated debate, but no one has the right to insult anyone, whether they initiate or respond to one. I love this site and respect everyone's opinion. I'd hate to see it lost.

OK I said my piece. As Billy would say, P&L

Comment

• ^^^^ I agree. On this specific case the balance leans clearly on the side of Billy and Charger when I make the share of things, but I always find it regrettable to see things evolve in this turn. Hey ! we're talking about Black Sabbath, very difficult to dismiss the Passion out of the debate, especially for this so sensitive topic of the cover story of Seventh Star !!
            I know, the way of saying things is as important as the thing itself and respect must be the common denominator.
            Have a great sunday all of you.

"We could save this world from Destruction Day"

Comment

• Oh boy ..... it's like I'm in an alternate universe ,,, but you cannot teach if your the reason people can't hear you , my bad Turch , don't be disappointed - human beings will always let others down - focus on the heart of those people , love ya buddy! .... Thanks Ronn!! ... RE reading is the answer.

As I've always said - "7th Star" is the 3rd most important Sabbath release to see the light of day!

God Bless now and always

Comment

• I haven't been around as much as I'd like (real life business has been keeping me quite occupied of late), so I don't really know what's gone on. Looks like I've got some reading to do.

Doc, as always, it's appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vynlsol View Post
                  Now that the stories have been told and the voting is over, here's mine:

Protests, riots, and domestic terrorism were the order of the day in various parts of the world. The Weather Underground blew the hell out of the United States capitol building in the spring, we were three years out from the My Lai massacre and one year out from Kent State. The Vietnam War continued to rage.

Three Dog Night's performance of Joy to the World dominated the airwaves, right along side music from Janis Joplin, Bill Withers, The Rolling Stones, The Who, and a host of others. Gasoline was 38 cents a gallon in the midewest, I was 12 years old, and my parents had just bought a new convertible Chevelle.

We always went to "the lake" in the summer. Everyone in my family went, sometimes more than once. It was about a two hour drive, and in the summer of 1971 we dropped the top on that new Chevelle, hopped in and headed out. For the first time, I was allowed to ride in the front seat so I felt like a big shot. For a few minutes, anyway.

We weren't very far from our destination. The paved roads had long since turned to gravel and were soon to turn to dirt. The warmth of the afternoon sun played across my face in time with the shadows being cast from the trees that now surrounded us on either side. For many years my dad wore a beard. This was before he started doing that. He was wearing cut-offs, a black t-shirt with a front pocket where he kept his cigarettes, and huarache sandals. My mom had hair to the middle of her back at the time. Jet black and she kept it straight. Sitting in the back seat of the convertible, she had it wound up so it wouldn't blow all over the place. She was wearing a paisley halter-top, cut-offs, and no shoes. She would never have worn shoes if she didn't have to. I had on a pair of red corduroy pants, an orange t-shirt advertising Schlitz beer, and blue tennis shoes.

The air smelled, looked, and felt like nature. Musty but dynamic and fresh at the same time. The scenary was gentle and inviting until you peered further beyond the treeline where it became darker and mysterious. Rolling at 30 miles an hour, hearing the crunch of the gravel and the low rumble of the small block 327 engine, I felt like we were mechanical interlopers in the garden of Eden. This feeling was amplified by a riff that came out of the car stereo right about then.

At the time I didn't know what the song was or who was performing it. But it captured my imagination. The intensity and desperation of the plaintive vocals seemed perfectly carried along by powerful and straightforward music. Together they conveyed a frantic urgency, devoid of contrivances. In my mind, it represented the contrast between the nature we found ourselves surrounded in, and the cold metal within which we were travelling. It represented the dichotomy between Joy to the World and the 500 civilians raped, tortured and killed at My Lai. That song recognized that we are all human beings living in a crazy world, and that it is a wonderful thing to be alive!

Whenever I hear Paranoid, I can smell the forest. I can feel the corduroy, see the gravel road reflecting in my dad's sunglasses, hear him tease my mom about the fact she never wears shoes, see her smile in response while grabbing at some of her jet black hair that got loose. Paranoid helped me grow up some back then, and helps me go back in time now.
                  Wow. Just read your story. Now I've got tears in my eyes, literally. You a writer or something? You should be, seriously! And what a great memory you have, your story is like a very detailed picture to look on. And incredibly sad (especially considering that while My Lai was so long ago, the wars and rapes and all that sh* have continued) and joyful at the same time. Thank you.

Best,
                  Linda (newbie on these forums)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabbabbath View Post
                    Wow. Just read your story. Now I've got tears in my eyes, literally. You a writer or something? You should be, seriously! And what a great memory you have, your story is like a very detailed picture to look on. And incredibly sad (especially considering that while My Lai was so long ago, the wars and rapes and all that sh* have continued) and joyful at the same time. Thank you.

Best,
                    Linda (newbie on these forums)
                    No, I'm not a writer, but occasionally I can string some words together in a way that makes sense. Thank you very much for your generous words, and I'm happy that you enjoyed it!

Welcome to the forums, Linda, glad to have you here.
                    gadji beri bimba glandridi laula lonni cadori - Ball

Comment

• Originally posted by Vynlsol View Post
                      No, I'm not a writer, but occasionally I can string some words together in a way that makes sense.
                      LOL. In the rather unlikely case that I will ever have to write a dictionary article about the term 'understatement', I will definitely include your sentence as the most drastic example. ;-)

Originally posted by Vynlsol View Post
                      Thank you very much for your generous words, and I'm happy that you enjoyed it!
                      Welcome to the forums, Linda, glad to have you here.
                      I have to thank you very much for the warm welcome!

Comment

• @Turch , I responded to your PM , not sure if it went through once , twice or at all!

@Joe , thank YOU for the email!

@Sweet , you got it buddy!

@Eric , thank you for the PM!

@everyone else , also thankyou for the PM's!!

@Roller , YOU ROCK!

..... and yes , Sabbath deserves only the very best!!

Comment

@Sweet , you got it buddy!
                          You know it, Doc! And Doc, at the end of the day, Seventh Star is certainly an important release. And something of (another) turning point.

Be well!

Comment

• Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
                            You know it, Doc! And Doc, at the end of the day, Seventh Star is certainly an important release. And something of (another) turning point.

Be well!
                            No doubt Sweet , the THIRD most essential (important) release to carry the Sabbath name!

Comment

• Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post

Be well!
                              Favorite track?

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                              No doubt Sweet , the THIRD most essential (important) release to carry the Sabbath name!
                              \m/, one of my most listened to!
                              Favorite song Doc?

Comment

• Originally posted by ronn View Post
                                Favorite track?

\m/, one of my most listened to!
                                Favorite song Doc?
                                That's a hard one Ronnie Boy ,,, The entire album is utterly fantastic , but I will go with "Angry Heart" or "Danger Zone" ....

Comment

Working...
                                X