Announcement

Collapse

Logins with New Software

If you are having problems staying logged in since the Jan 15 change to the new version of vBulletin, please go to your browser's configuration area, and delete the cookies for this website, and reboot your browser.

-- Joe
See more
See less

The listen!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
    That's a hard one Ronnie Boy ,,, The entire album is utterly fantastic , but I will go with "Angry Heart" or "Danger Zone" ....
    I'd go with Heart Like a Wheel with Angry Heart, in Memory a close second.

Got your PM and sent another.

Comment

• My favorites are Turn to Stone and the title song.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabbabbath View Post
        LOL. In the rather unlikely case that I will ever have to write a dictionary article about the term 'understatement', I will definitely include your sentence as the most drastic example. ;-)
        !
        Haha, I'll finally be published then

Regarding Seventh Star, I gotta say that my fave cuts are Sphinx and the title track.
        gadji beri bimba glandridi laula lonni cadori - Ball

Comment

• Originally posted by Vynlsol View Post
          Haha, I'll finally be published then

Regarding Seventh Star, I gotta say that my fave cuts are Sphinx and the title track.
          My fave also \m/

Comment

• The STARS are out ......

1 - Danger Zone

2 - Angry Heart

3 - 7th Star

4 - HLAW

5 - Sphinx (The Guardian)

6 - In Memory

7 - No Stranger To Love + Remix

8 - In For the Kill , best solo ever

9 - Turn to Stone , insane how highly rated I have this track , just further proof how incredibly insane this beast of an album is ....

1 Not The Same - ****

2 I'm Gone - *****

3 Real World - *****

4 Don't You Tell Me - *****

5 I'll Be Fine - ****

6 From Another World - *****

7 Through The Rain - *****

8 Shakin' My Wings - **** , yes we count it

9 No Stranger To Love (Remix 1986) - *****

Comment

• 1.Turn To Stone
              2.Seventh Star
              3.Danger Zone
              4.Angry Heart
              5.In Memory
              6.In for the Kill
              7.No Strander to Love
              8.HLAW

Comment

• Originally posted by Kennyz View Post
                1.Turn To Stone
                2.Seventh Star
                3.Danger Zone
                4.Angry Heart
                5.In Memory
                6.In for the Kill
                7.No Strander to Love
                8.HLAW
                Love seeing "Turn to Stone" at the top of this list!! ..... HLAW at the bottom very interesting , song is a masterpiece .....

Comment

No doubt Sweet , the THIRD most essential (important) release to carry the Sabbath name!
                  Ahh Doc, on that we agree!

Originally posted by ronn View Post
                  Favorite track?
                  Angry Heart or In for the Kill. Ask me tomorrow and that could change

Comment

Love seeing "Turn to Stone" at the top of this list!! ..... HLAW at the bottom very interesting , song is a masterpiece .....
                    I've always had the fast and heavy Turn to Stone as a favorite from that album.
                    Last edited by Kennyz; 11-07-2017, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kennyz View Post
                      Turn to Stone is an excellent choice!
                      Drums are dynamic

Comment

• Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
                        Ahh Doc, on that we agree!

Angry Heart or In for the Kill. Ask me tomorrow and that could change
                        Perfect post!

Originally posted by Kennyz View Post
                        Turn to Stone is the 9th best Sabbath track #3 ,,,, they have 25 (2 albums don't have a track 3 , and "13" is a double album .... so only "Loner" counts) ,, Top ten not bad!

Originally posted by ronn View Post
                        Drums are dynamic
                        Very dynamic .....

Comment

• Originally posted by ronn View Post
                          Drums are dynamic
                          Yeah,and i love the drum intro of the song.

Comment

• Got an idea to record a Thin Lizzy cover for Father's Day in honor of my late Dad.

Cowboy Song is a song we used to jam in our basement and on gigs since the very first times our family band started playing together. It was one of those songs that we just nailed on the first go, and it got even better with each performance. I got the feeling that dad really loved to drum to this tune. I have vivid memories of dad playing and singing Cowboy Song on his acoustic from my childhood. Lizzy was THE band for him.

Happy Father's Day dad, wherever you are

"The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
                            "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
                            "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

• Originally posted by -E5150 StarWanderer- View Post
                              Got an idea to record a Thin Lizzy cover for Father's Day in honor of my late Dad.

Cowboy Song is a song we used to jam in our basement and on gigs since the very first times our family band started playing together. It was one of those songs that we just nailed on the first go, and it got even better with each performance. I got the feeling that dad really loved to drum to this tune. I have vivid memories of dad playing and singing Cowboy Song on his acoustic from my childhood. Lizzy was THE band for him.

Happy Father's Day dad, wherever you are

Absolutely Awesome my brother!!! .... Memories and talent - You have both!

Jesus Bless my good man , you n Dad

Comment

Absolutely Awesome my brother!!! .... Memories and talent - You have both!

Jesus Bless my good man , you n Dad
                                Thanks man!

I am forever grateful to my Dad for many things, but music is maybe biggest of them. Without his love for rock music who knows where I would've gravitated? And of course playing music runs in the family on my Dad's side as well
                                "The consequence of conscience/Is that you'll be left somewhere/Swinging in the air"-Ronnie James Dio (1942-2010) R.I.P. King Of Metal
                                "Just take a look around you what do you see/Pain, suffering, and misery/It's not the way that the world was planned/It's a pity you don't understand" - Geezer Butler
                                "If god is in heaven/How can this happen here" - Phil Lynott (1949-1986)

Comment

Working...
                                X