Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The listen!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ronn View Post
    You should come to one of the Docs Sabbath events
    YoY

    Doc yesterday was great!
    thanks for the cloak and dagger single
    why was that left off of headless cross?
    I will when I get the chance Ronn, glad you had a great time brother.

    @ Doc, got your PM and answered.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

    Comment


    • Originally posted by zzzptm
      Time for some of my 2 cents on sorting things out...

      I come here to talk rock and have a good time. The forums are active and the people are lively, and that's good enough for me. I like Black Sabbath a lot, was active on the email list from way back, and I'm happy to be part of this community again.

      I also serve as a moderator/admin on another forum and I've moderated/admined a bunch of other forums, so I've got some insights there.

      When Damian mentions that some discussions could lead to religion, I took it to mean that one might find a spiritual connection with a song and comment on that, or that there is a spiritual background to a lyric and that would lead to discussion, and/or that someone may be expressing a religious view in brief to explain where he/she may be coming from in a view. Such as, "Well, I was raised Baptist, so we never danced to Black Sabbath..." Whatever. I've got some firmly held religious beliefs, but I know that this isn't the forum for missionary work. It's also not the forum for calling hellfire down on unbelievers. It's for talking about Black Sabbath, rock in general, and general stuff in general forums.

      As for Sin Cardinal Sin... I don't know what others did about his posts, but they were going over the top in the personal attack department, so I flagged the worst on for moderation. We can do that here. There are good moderators with good, clear-thinking heads here who can judge if someone needs a nudge back into line... or a banning because of whatever is in their judgement as having gone too far beyond what they can do to save the situation.

      Frankly, that's what we should be doing instead of responding directly on a forum post. I've been warned for going the public route, so I learned from my warnings and try to remember to keep a response to a personal attack in the form of a moderator notification and then trust the mods to sort things out. So far, that's what they've done, and they've done it well.

      My advice to one and all involved in a heated exchange of opinion is to take two steps back, review the forum rules, plan to let the other person have the last word, and then move on. This is somebody else's house I'm in, here, and I'm not going to start breaking his stuff so I can get my point across to someone who isn't going to agree. I'm not going to wake him up in the middle of the night so that I can one-up someone else in a name-calling fight. I'm going to try and behave myself and let his other guests be who they are and live and let live. If it looks like someone is breaking the rules of the house, I'll let a moderator know and agree with the mod's assessment, whatever it may be.

      And then I forgive quickly and easily, that I too may be forgiven.

      To be perfectly clear, Sin Cardinal Sin posted things that I felt violated the "zero tolerance for personal attacks" clause in the forum rules. I alerted a mod. A moderator reviewed the situation and felt that the appropriate action was to ban SCS for what he himself had done. Nobody else got him banned. He is responsible for his actions, nobody else. Nothing good can come of trying to spin a story that he's a victim here. Those statements made affected a lot more people on the board beyond his direct targets, and that kind of collateral poisoning is what Joe clearly states is not allowed around here.
      Agreed across the board , yet I personally did not see these "12 post" ..... and if you are truly the man of honor that you are stating right here , right now , than my hope is that your looking around this board and throwing more names D's way , because unless Sins post were beyond what I can imagine , others are right there with him ..... as for Joe , he knows what I'm all about , and I have mad respect for D - and that is the ONLY reason , I'm not taking these people down ..... so you ever talk to me , or at me , make sure you know exactly what your talking about.

      Respect ,, Doc
      Last edited by BACK TO EDEN; 02-08-2018, 09:07 AM. Reason: God Bless ....

      Comment


      • That is funny Sabman Cometh!^^^

        @Doc, replied to your Pm, and stated some things on there.
        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
        ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

        Comment


        • Doctor John, I believe you can now call me, but not from private numbers.

          You can call me around 2:15pm, let me know if it goes through.
          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
          ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

          Comment


          • Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
            ..... so you ever talk to me , or at me , make sure you know exactly what your talking about.

            Respect ,, Doc
            Was your incorrect usage of "your" instead of "you're" a test to see if I knew what I was talking about? If so, then I'm pretty sure I got my facts straight and my head together.

            Peace.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by zzzptm View Post
              Was your incorrect usage of "your" instead of "you're" a test to see if I knew what I was talking about? If so, then I'm pretty sure I got my facts straight and my head together.

              Peace.
              Exactly ..... So please next time refrain from stating something you know zero about , learn before you speak , a man of honor doesn't appease others to make an incorrect point ..... then "forgive and move on" ,,, God Bless

              Comment


              • Hey everybody let's talk BLACK SABBATH - on a Forum dedicated to the awesomeness that is BS.


                I think a key thing to remember here is that none of us really know each other, we are internet friends. Maybe everybody should stop attacking everything that is said on this site.

                Really trying not to take sides, but frankly I have been reading some of the craziest shit I have ever seen on this forum.

                ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!

                This is a fucking place to talk MUSIC in particular the music that is Black Sabbath, not the dozen or so other subjects that get tossed around here on what seems to be a regular basis.

                Stop fighting with people - that frankly you do not even really know.

                I hope that we can get back to better times here, I really do!! I am not holding my breath however!!!
                Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

                Comment


                • Doc, you never called?
                  "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                  "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                  ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

                  Comment


                  • Billy, I am sorry that I did not clarify that comment. It was not directed at you, my intent was to illustrate Linda's method of using your disagreement with Doc to further her cause. I hope you have privately aired your grievances with Doc in complete detail. This well help ensure that there is no misunderstanding. If at the end of the day, your issue remains, then so be it.

                    Billy, this is a great example why this cycle of label, take sides, then attack is detrimental to this site and the quality of the discussions here. Why do you think that anyone who received a gift from Doc cannot be objective? Sure, for a few it tends to be true, but not overall. The Sin attacks were not acceptable. I did not see these comments about Linda that you listed, but they would also be unacceptable.
                    I truly hope that you are feeling well. The thoughtful, peace, love, Billy is more fun than angry Viking Billy.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by zzzptm
                      Time for some of my 2 cents on sorting things out...

                      I come here to talk rock and have a good time. The forums are active and the people are lively, and that's good enough for me. I like Black Sabbath a lot, was active on the email list from way back, and I'm happy to be part of this community again.

                      I also serve as a moderator/admin on another forum and I've moderated/admined a bunch of other forums, so I've got some insights there.

                      When Damian mentions that some discussions could lead to religion, I took it to mean that one might find a spiritual connection with a song and comment on that, or that there is a spiritual background to a lyric and that would lead to discussion, and/or that someone may be expressing a religious view in brief to explain where he/she may be coming from in a view. Such as, "Well, I was raised Baptist, so we never danced to Black Sabbath..." Whatever. I've got some firmly held religious beliefs, but I know that this isn't the forum for missionary work. It's also not the forum for calling hellfire down on unbelievers. It's for talking about Black Sabbath, rock in general, and general stuff in general forums.

                      As for Sin Cardinal Sin... I don't know what others did about his posts, but they were going over the top in the personal attack department, so I flagged the worst on for moderation. We can do that here. There are good moderators with good, clear-thinking heads here who can judge if someone needs a nudge back into line... or a banning because of whatever is in their judgement as having gone too far beyond what they can do to save the situation.

                      Frankly, that's what we should be doing instead of responding directly on a forum post. I've been warned for going the public route, so I learned from my warnings and try to remember to keep a response to a personal attack in the form of a moderator notification and then trust the mods to sort things out. So far, that's what they've done, and they've done it well.

                      My advice to one and all involved in a heated exchange of opinion is to take two steps back, review the forum rules, plan to let the other person have the last word, and then move on. This is somebody else's house I'm in, here, and I'm not going to start breaking his stuff so I can get my point across to someone who isn't going to agree. I'm not going to wake him up in the middle of the night so that I can one-up someone else in a name-calling fight. I'm going to try and behave myself and let his other guests be who they are and live and let live. If it looks like someone is breaking the rules of the house, I'll let a moderator know and agree with the mod's assessment, whatever it may be.

                      And then I forgive quickly and easily, that I too may be forgiven.

                      To be perfectly clear, Sin Cardinal Sin posted things that I felt violated the "zero tolerance for personal attacks" clause in the forum rules. I alerted a mod. A moderator reviewed the situation and felt that the appropriate action was to ban SCS for what he himself had done. Nobody else got him banned. He is responsible for his actions, nobody else. Nothing good can come of trying to spin a story that he's a victim here. Those statements made affected a lot more people on the board beyond his direct targets, and that kind of collateral poisoning is what Joe clearly states is not allowed around here.
                      This is right on. Thank You.

                      It's nobody's business about Sin Cardinal Sin and discussing his fate openly is not exactly encouraged here. But, to help this particular issue, Sin's 12 posts on the female-Sabbath fan thread were absolutely not about the topic. At all. Even accidentally. Some here have mastered the trick of vaguely referencing the main topic and then ranting about something else because it keeps the overall message somewhere in the ballpark. Sin was not in the ballpark, city, continent, universe. He has not been permanently banned, he will be free to post again next week. Whether he decides to move on or stay is up to him. If he returns with more flames then he will prob not be around any longer. Whether he is a good man or not has nothing to do with it. If he was a terrible human being but always followed our forum rules he would be held in higher regard than some of you who behave like angels in real life.

                      Some of the posts below have crossed into baiting territory and are coming down.
                      Damian
                      Super Moderator
                      Black-Sabbath.com

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by turch118 View Post

                        And Damians post. I believe he said something to the effect that some discussions may lead to religion and that was ok. ??? That's like #1 on the no-no list. Somebody stole the keys to the castle.

                        I don't like what's happening to these forums and I wish other people would open there eyes like I did and see what's really going on.

                        1. If you question what Damian or Joe are posting, take it up with them in PM.

                        2. YES, some discussion leads to talk of religion and sometimes it is ok. It depends. Are you talking about what the line "would you like to see the Pope on the end of a rope" represents from an allegory perspective, or want to dissect what was going on in Tony Iommi's brain in 1971? Fine. Do you want to wave your personal religious beliefs like a flag and belittle others for their own beliefs? NOT Fine. Castle Keys are fine. If you can't follow forum rule number 1 above, don't re-invent our Religion rules for us, thank you.

                        3. If you don't like whatever you think is "happening" here, leave. Pushing negative sentiments about us in public posts will get you out the door as well. Others in this very thread who have had issues shared them with us in PM and NOT publicly. It's Joe's sandbox, and that is the required procedure. So THAT is what is happening in these forums. That is whats REALLY going on. Feel free to PM if you want to continue your argument.
                        Last edited by Damian; 02-08-2018, 05:08 PM.
                        Damian
                        Super Moderator
                        Black-Sabbath.com

                        Comment


                        • Thank you Damian, I will follow procedure.
                          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                          ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

                          Comment


                          • I never reached out to Joe , only because why would I want him to read such garbage by 2 members on his own board.
                            So I can bloody deal with it? Why would you NOT do that?

                            ---------

                            Time for a time out. Stays closed for the time being (not permanently). THIS COMMENT IS DIRECTED AT EVERYONE.

                            If you guys have problems with each other take it up in email or private messages. This forum wasn't created as a battleground for pissing matches.

                            Remember, I almost closed the place two years ago over crap like this. YOU ARE NOT HELPING!

                            Stop.
                            Last edited by Joe Siegler; 02-08-2018, 07:31 PM.
                            Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
                            View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

                            "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

                            Comment


                            • I'm opening this up again, but I must insist that hostility and attacks cease.

                              I'm pretty (read VERY) lax here, and am getting tired of people abusing that. Act decent - *THIS GOES FOR EVERYONE*.
                              Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
                              View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

                              "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

                              Comment


                              • Thank You Joe!!!
                                "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                                "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                                ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X