The listen!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Doc,

Love them all. But if I had to choose, The Writ. Followed by Supertzar, and Am I Going Insane. So many moods and atmospheres encompassed in those three, but The Writ takes it. The intensity and anger from dealing with their legal hurdles, all wrapped up into one evocative track.

Hey Ronn,

You're welcome!

Comment

• Sabbath "The Wizard" early take has a break down near the end that is so tasty - I'm surprised they decided against using it on "The Debut".

Comment

• Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
        Sabbath "The Wizard" early take has a break down near the end that is so tasty - I'm surprised they decided against using it on "The Debut".
        That's one of my grails, Doc. As you know. That bit of info is gold.

Did they decide not to use it, or could it have been edited out? Food for thought.

Comment

• Doc, is there a Breakout with Dave Walker on vocals?

Ozzy refused to sing Swinging The Chain and Breakout, which Bill wound up singing Swinging The Chain and Breakout was used as an instrumental.
          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
          ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
            Doc, is there a Breakout with Dave Walker on vocals?
            In their vaults of what they were working on in 1978, I'm sure there is. Have *WE* seen that? No.
            Joe Siegler, Webmaster - Black Sabbath Online
            View my CD collection | View my movie collection | What I've been listening to

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matthew 25:41)

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post
              In their vaults of what they were working on in 1978, I'm sure there is. Have *WE* seen that? No.
              Thank you Joe, much appreciated, I’d love to hear it some day, if they ever release some rarities.
              "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
              "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

• Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
                That's one of my grails, Doc. As you know. That bit of info is gold.

Did they decide not to use it, or could it have been edited out? Food for thought.
                They decided brother Sweet ,, the way that section is put together is too different from the original .....Let me see about if I can get someone to put a snippet up here on "The Listen" after I pass it by a couple people.

God Bless

Comment

• Listening to SABOTAGE today (Axe love the "Hole In The Sky" backing tracks) , I was thinking - "It's not the fact that Sabbath is superior to everything out there , that baffles the mind , it's that they are SO much superior to everything out there ....."

Incredible!

Comment

• I've had Sabotage on continuous play in the car for almost a month, never get tired of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by turch118 View Post
                      I've had Sabotage on continuous play in the car for almost a month, never get tired of it.
                      Good to see you \m/
                      Favorite song?
                      I've been listening to it all week

Thanks Doc and Sweet for information on the eternal idol

Comment

• Favorite has got to be Symptom... You?

Comment

Favorite has got to be Symptom... You?
                          The Writ!!

Comment

I've had Sabotage on continuous play in the car for almost a month, never get tired of it.
                            TURCH!! Doc loves ya!

E , it's in the mail!!

Originally posted by ronn View Post
                            The Writ!!
                            ALL 9 tracks add so much to what is happening on this beast ..... but "SOTU" , start to finish , takes the cake!

Comment

• Doc, left you a PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                                They decided brother Sweet ,, the way that section is put together is too different from the original .....Let me see about if I can get someone to put a snippet up here on "The Listen" after I pass it by a couple people.

God Bless
                                Oh, I see. That excites me even more. It must have been like hearing a totally different song. Thanks for the info, Doc.

Comment

Working...
                                X