The listen!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post
    Your headphones are worth more than my car doc dude lol!

What's the best way for me to get nativity in black doc?, u reckon it'll be released in uk at some point?

Zeitgeist is FKING AWESOME!
    13 all together is brill!,
    Couldn't of wished for anything better given the circumstances.

You enjoying it doc?
    Ozzy is dio?
    Now in darkness?
    Axeman ?
    Sweet symptom?
    Louis?
    Billy?
    Thelemech?
    I'm holding out till my box set arrives. I am on vacation but I got an email stating that it has been shipped. I am expecting it Thursday... But I wont be home till Sunday. So COME SUNDAY IT'S ON!!!!!!

I can't wait... I'm so glad everyone is enjoying it. shew... Excited.
    www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
      I'm holding out till my box set arrives. I am on vacation but I got an email stating that it has been shipped. I am expecting it Thursday... But I wont be home till Sunday. So COME SUNDAY IT'S ON!!!!!!

Have a few cocktails on the beach, and as the sun begins to set, pull your girlfriend close, put your headphones in and stream this amazing album dude! You'll remember that moment in time for the rest of your long life my friend!

I'm loving it too oid! my friend and bro!
      Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Comment

What's the best way for me to get nativity in black doc?, u reckon it'll be released in uk at some point?

You enjoying it doc?
        Ozzy is dio?
        Now in darkness?
        Axeman ?
        Sweet symptom?
        Louis?
        Billy?
        Thelemech?

I have streamed it a few times on Itunes last night - I thought it was great!! Black Sabbath with Ozzy - there is no group better IMHO!

Cannot wait for it to be officially released.

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

Hey Doc - Thanks So Much!!
        ...totally awesome!

So call on the 24/25th of June - correct???

Cheers and God Bless BTE
        Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

• It's daft listing fav tracks cause they shuffle about so much after time and life experiences but so far they go...

Damaged soul
          Zeitgeist
          Age of reason
          Dear father
          End of the beginning
          God is dead
          Loner
          Live forever

Tbh I think zeitgeist is now my new fav, something haunting that touches emotions deep,deep within our souls about it!
          I don't know any of you guys on here but love you all to bits
          Last edited by Spiralarchitectx1; 06-04-2013, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• Hello Doc! Yes, I missed your PM. My inbox was clean, but my sent box was full, and I did not notice that. Mrs NID and I tried to hold out, but could not. We listened to "13" last night in my music room. It was dark with vintage lava lamps and candles aglow. The first listen was good, but there is so much to process that some of the magnitude was lost. We really liked everything, but it had not yet touched us in that full sensory way. We rated the album a 7 out of 10. I had to go out of town on business today, and Mrs NID was also a little distracted by that. Since then, there have been multiple listenings, and the album is simply stunning. So damn good. We now give it 8.5 to 9 out of 10, with the possibility of an increase. My three faves are Loner, EOTB, and Damaged Soul. The lyrics to EOTB are intriguing, and seem to ask if this is the end of the (beginning) Ozzy era, or if this the beginning of (end) Ozzy era. Ozzy owns the beginning era and end era, as of today, unless by some weird twist of fate, another singer comes along (not likely given the legalities). It goes on to discuss rejuvenating the "formula" (early Sabbath sound), etc. I find the lyrics really play into the question of Black Sabbath's future; whether it ends or continues. I think this is just the beginning of the (end) Ozzy era. Anyway, just love it; a true stroke of genius. Ozzy's voice is confident and stunning. Tony, Geezer, and Brad sound amazing as always. We are as happy as clams about this new album, and I just hope that people stop to think about how lucky we are. It's a bit like spending time with my Mom. We don't know how much time is left, due to her cancer, so we treasure what time we have. People need to treasure this album.

Thank-you for MOR. It has not arrived as yet, but I anxiously check the mailbox daily. Luv ya brother. Take care and God Bless.
            Last edited by Now in Darkness; 06-04-2013, 08:06 PM.
            Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

• doc! thank u so much for the new black sabbath album 13. it is amazing!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ronn View Post
                doc! thank u so much for the new black sabbath album 13. it is amazing!!!!!!!
                you got it brother!!!!!!!!!!! ...enjoy!!!!!!!!!!! ..we still have to get you the rest of the double album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...you have 11 of the 16(17) tracks!!!

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
                God Is Dead indeed... He's alive and well and has given us BLACK SABBATH for at least one more glorious ride!
                WICKED , thank you for the very nice message's , I got them all brother.... I LOVE THIS ABOVE SENTENCE YOU POSTED!!!!!! ..be well buddy

BILLY U , I got your last PM , thank you buddy....

GUYS , I GOT THE NEW "N I B" TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...haven't listened yet , but will soon!!!!!! ..also got word on some info , great info on the other 4(5) tracks were waiting on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EVERYONE AT THE CLUBS , AND "THE LISTEN" , thank you for all the texts , and emails... I always read them all!!! ...yes take what you want , I left them for you ALL that have access!!!!

ALSO , I have multiple copies of this cd , early versions (had for a while now) , single version , deluxe version , etc... UNDERSTAND THIS , the posters with a concern for AUDIO PRODUCTION ie SOUND QUALITY is a legit concern , BUT , even tho there is a lack of true dynamic separation and what we call "AIR" separation between the notes , THE SOUND QUALITY IS STILL VERY GOOD OVER ALL...

Originally posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post

It'll get to number 1 easily! I think doc's pre-ordered 250,000 copies to send out alone lol!
                YOU PUT THE BIGGEST SMILE ON MY FACE , SO FN LOVE YOU AND YOUR ENJOYMENT OF "13" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ....if you can't get your hands on the best buy version , just order the cd japan version right off the internet for the new "N I B" , if you have any problems let me know , I will have a copy sent to you buddy...

Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
                Hello Doc! Yes, I missed your PM. My inbox was clean, but my sent box was full, and I did not notice that. Mrs NID and I tried to hold out, but could not. We listened to "13" last night in my music room. It was dark with vintage lava lamps and candles aglow. The first listen was good, but there is so much to process that some of the magnitude was lost. We really liked everything, but it had not yet touched us in that full sensory way. We rated the album a 7 out of 10. I had to go out of town on business today, and Mrs NID was also a little distracted by that. Since then, there have been multiple listenings, and the album is simply stunning. So damn good. We now give it 8.5 to 9 out of 10, with the possibility of an increase. My three faves are Loner, EOTB, and Damaged Soul. The lyrics to EOTB are intriguing, and seem to ask if this is the end of the (beginning) Ozzy era, or if this the beginning of (end) Ozzy era. Ozzy owns the beginning era and end era, as of today, unless by some weird twist of faith, another singer comes along (not likely given the legalities). It goes on to discuss rejuvenating the "formula" (early Sabbath sound), etc. I find the lyrics really play into the question of Black Sabbath's future; whether it ends or continues. I think this is just the beginning of the (end) Ozzy era. Anyway, just love it; a true stroke of genius. Ozzy's voice is confident and stunning. Tony, Geezer, and Brad sound amazing as always. We are as happy as clams about this new album, and I just hope that people stop to think about how lucky we are. It's a bit like spending time with my Mom. We don't know how much time is left, due to her cancer, so we treasure what time we have. People need to treasure this album.

Thank-you for MOR. It has not arrived as yet, but I anxiously check the mailbox daily. Luv ya brother. Take care and God Bless.
                love you brother , I mean that , sorry if I was at all insensitive to you yesterday in the "13" thread wasn't my intent at all , just wanted you to have the correct info.... I LOVE MRS NID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tell her hi please.... I pray for your moma brother....

"13" is a masterpiece , so glad your loving it!!!! ...i'm so happy you love LONER , when you heard the live version , you weren't impressed at all , it's so great that your enjoying the studio version!!!!

MOR DELUXE very shocked you haven't got it yet , sorry takin so long... god bless you NID!!

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio
                Doctor John, I would just like to say thank you for all you've done for me brother, I love you with all my Sabbath heart.

I've been listening to 13 non-stop, absolutely love it and am overjoyed and full of happiness.

God bless you my good friend and brother!!!

And to all on the forum have a Happy Sabbath listening week, God bless!!!!!!!!!!!
                LOVE YOU BROTHER!!!! ...I so hope I have great news for you tomorrow!!!!! ...I hope your "13" deluxe is in , if not then soon brother!!!!

Originally posted by Thelemech View Post
                I have streamed it a few times on Itunes last night - I thought it was great!! Black Sabbath with Ozzy - there is no group better IMHO!

Cannot wait for it to be officially released.

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

Hey Doc - Thanks So Much!!
                ...totally awesome!

So call on the 24/25th of June - correct???

Cheers and God Bless BTE
                yes perfect thelemech , and no prob!!! ...and let me know.. ...love that your listening to PSYCHO MAN!!!!!!!

Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post

AXE , listen to this new release nooooooooow brother , you will love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ..even tho your women will wish it was DIO singing

happy listening everyone and JESUS BLESS

Comment

• Hi Doc, per your comments above, you have a great memory. I forgot that I listened to the live version of Loner one time, and you are right, I thought it was pretty average. The studio version is awesome, and a great showcase for Ozzy's voice. I'm glad that this song turned out to be so good. Mrs NID loves the album too. Thanks again Doc.

Comment

• Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                    SWEET , it is great to see OID become a 7th star , fused , tony martin era fan!!!! ....SWEET , you are going to love "13"!!!!! ...just close your eyes and take it ALL in brother....
                    That's what I plan on doing come Friday (hopefully Thursday)! Can't wait.

You enjoying it doc?
                    Ozzy is dio?
                    Now in darkness?
                    Axeman ?
                    Sweet symptom?
                    Louis?
                    Billy?
                    Thelemech?
                    I've held out from listening to it at the moment, only heard GID? and EOTB? Want to wait until I get the CD (definitely Friday, maybe tomorrow). That way my first listen of it all can be uninterrupted and in CD quality. Don't get me wrong, the temptation to listen to the stream is there but I don't have iTunes, haha.

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                    GUYS , I GOT THE NEW "N I B" TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...haven't listened yet , but will soon!!!!!! ..also got word on some info , great info on the other 4(5) tracks were waiting on!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Can't wait to hear about Naivete in Black, and hear it for myself. Hopefully it comes out here in some form!

Comment

• I decided to do it. I decided that being able step out on the balcony facing the atlantic ocean with an awesome cool breeze blowing all around me was too perfect. I just couldn't pass it up anymore. So I come out here it feels perfect and I know I made the right decision. EOTB kicks in and chills run all down and back up my body. IT SOUNDS AMAZING!!

Then BOOM it cuts off and starts to F'n BUFFER!!!

I fought with this for 45 minutes heard the first 3 minutes 6 times. I finally gave up and jamme the original BLACK SABBATH.

I'm disappointed but oh we'll my original plan was to wait anyway.
                      www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

You enjoying it doc?
                        Ozzy is dio?
                        Now in darkness?
                        Axeman ?
                        Sweet symptom?
                        Louis?
                        Billy?
                        Thelemech?
                        I have listened to the whole for more than 4 times, Really, really love the album.
                        Dear Father's main riff is pure evil. It sounds like a great devil lord marching from hell! Yet I can't headbang to this, I heavily shake my head instead!

I can't wait to read the lyrics too!
                        Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
                        Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
                        In the age of reason, how do we survive?
                        The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

• How does the vinyl version sound doc?

What's your fav bonus track out of the four?, any chilled out ones?

God bless

Also does the vinyl have the vertigo label on it like my avatar?. That would be awesome!
                          Last edited by Spiralarchitectx1; 06-05-2013, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• THELEMECH , your LIVE AT RADIO CITY is in the mail , enjoy!!!!!!

MIKE , ERIC , RICK , JOEY , RICHARD , JIM , and TOM ... your best buy deluxes are in the mail over nite and you will all have in the morning....ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!

DRAGO , I left you a return PM ... looking forward to your thoughts on PARIAH.... if I can ever do anything for you let me know , god bless

TYR66 , your going to love PEACE OF MIND!!!!!

Originally posted by thewizard View Post
                            Thanks for the info.. who are you?
                            What does the new N I B sound like?
                            Is it just an updated modern version of NIB?
                            If you ever need anything , let me know , I will always try and help.... new "N I B" is just awesome , got your message and left you a return PM.... to answer your question , just a fan , nothing more.... have a lot of inside access to many things that are rare , alternate , hush hush , taboo... that I only use at "the listen".... access is simply from people I met and know in the business from when I played in "bad influence" and "tribulation" , and from my time in boxing around the country , and as much as I hate to say it wealth plays a roll... YOU WILL LOVE "13" !!!!

GUYS , I left 48 deluxe versions at the Parsippany location free to you all , doors open til 2 A.M. ....TAKE , LISTEN and ENJOY!!!!

EVERYONE REALIZE "JOE SIEGLER" IS THE MAN..... GEEZER THANKS HIM IN THE NEW RELEASE!!!!

OK , the remaining 4 tracks all have titles , I DON'T KNOW THOSE TITLES YET , will soon... til I find them out , I say there could possible be 5 more tracks... from what I have heard these tracks stand right with this epic "13" release , heard there fantastic , also a long one in the bunch from my understanding , CUD BE WRONG...

YES , part of the track "sleeping" is found in "pariah" , but not how I heard it originally....

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio
                            Doctor John, the man with the Sabbath plan, thank you so much my good friend and brother for 13, beautiful CD the album is great, and the 3 bonus tracks are just as great.

My favorite song is Damaged Soul, so much feel and emotion on that song, Loner, End Of The Beginning, Live Forever, Zeitgeist, Dear Father, God Is Dead?, Age Of Reason, Methademic, Peace Of Mind, Pariah, every single song pure Sabbath.

I just knew that this album would be great, I never had any doubts about that, you know that the Ozzy era is my favorite, I've been waiting for this moment for so long, and you made it happen sooner Doc. The Devil You Know was a great reunion Sabbath album, and now 13.

Thank you for the early copy of 13 Doc, and thank you for being a friend and brother.
                            anytime OID!!! ...I know Joe S. is doing a give away , and I was having so many "13's" sent around the world today , BUT only you and RONN did I send to from the forum , and i'm so happy to hear that you are loving it!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...how great is METHADEMIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How does the vinyl version sound doc?

What's your fav bonus track out of the four?, any chilled out ones?

God bless

Also does the vinyl have the vertigo label on it like my avatar?. That would be awesome!
                            THE VINYL IS WARMER THEN THE DIGITAL , sounds beautiful!!!!!! ...PARIAH and new "N I B" tied at this point as my favs, PEACE OF MIND just incredible , the riff insane!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...and METHADEMIC is gold!!

YOUR AVATAR IS THE ENTIRE FACE OF BOTH CD'S , you will love!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by LouiST View Post
                            I have listened to the whole for more than 4 times, Really, really love the album.
                            Dear Father's main riff is pure evil. It sounds like a great devil lord marching from hell! Yet I can't headbang to this, I heavily shake my head instead!

I can't wait to read the lyrics too!
                            DEAR FATHER IS AN AMAZING TRACK , LISTEN TO THE OZ MAN , WOW!!! ...album one of this double release , ends perfect!!

Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
                            I decided to do it. I decided that being able step out on the balcony facing the atlantic ocean with an awesome cool breeze blowing all around me was too perfect. I just couldn't pass it up anymore. So I come out here it feels perfect and I know I made the right decision. EOTB kicks in and chills run all down and back up my body. IT SOUNDS AMAZING!!

Then BOOM it cuts off and starts to F'n BUFFER!!!

I fought with this for 45 minutes heard the first 3 minutes 6 times. I finally gave up and jamme the original BLACK SABBATH.

I'm disappointed but oh we'll my original plan was to wait anyway.
                            original plan will be awesome for you!!! ....when you hear ozzy's voice on DAMAGE SOUL , you will flip out!!!

Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post

Can't wait to hear about Naivete in Black, and hear it for myself. Hopefully it comes out here in some form!
                            SWEET , it has a different feel to it , and it draws you in , your going to love all 12 tracks!!!! ..also hearing a lot of news on the others , will keep you posted!! ...if you don't end up with N I B , just let me know and it's yours...

Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
                            Hi Doc, per your comments above, you have a great memory. I forgot that I listened to the live version of Loner one time, and you are right, I thought it was pretty average. The studio version is awesome, and a great showcase for Ozzy's voice. I'm glad that this song turned out to be so good. Mrs NID loves the album too. Thanks again Doc.
                            NID , a lot of comments today on your review lastnite , thank you!!! ...curious did AGE OF REASON and DAMAGE SOUL make you and my pal mrs nid happy inside , 2 amazing tracks!!!!

IOMMI has once again released his 27th Sabbath masterpiece , the man's music is nothing short of extraordinary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

with out CHRIST , I couldn't survive , thank you JESUS for life , I pray for the health of all who are struggling ...

Comment

• Oh Doc, yes, yes, yes, Damaged Soul is a monster, in the same vein as on side 2 of the debut LP. I spoke to this earlier, but as a big Hendrix fan and Cream fan, I can certainly hear some influence from those groups in the track (If 6 was 9 and Born Under a Bad Sign). I know it's Sabbath, but there is some styling similar to the songs I mentioned, and I love it. Age of Reason is a grower for sure, and it is in my top half of favorites on the "13" album. Killer track; kind of proggy. Keep in mind that I have been out of town on business and have not been able to listen to "13" while away. I just got home and am about to run it through right now. I am really stoked about the album, and like my buddies OID, and you, I cannot say enough about it, or look this gift horse in the mouth. Mrs NID is on her own business trip tonight, in a different location, so she has not been able to re-listen either, but she loves what she has heard so far, and is dying to run it through again. I talked to her on the phone tonight and she says hello to you. I cannot wait to get a physical copy of "13" in my hands. I ordered the Deluxe box for both she and I. Nothing in the mailbox tonight (MOR), but I am starting days off on Friday, and am hoping that it arrives and I can kick off my weekend with it. I love those Deluxe packages....so cool; thank-you for introducing me to them. I listened to both discs of the debut album Deluxe on my drive home tonight. "13" is a monster; Tony, Geezer, and Ozzy are monsters. Brad is incredible too. Life is good Doc. Life is good. God bless Doc.
                              Last edited by Now in Darkness; 06-05-2013, 10:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                                SWEET , it has a different feel to it , and it draws you in , your going to love all 12 tracks!!!! ..also hearing a lot of news on the others , will keep you posted!! ...if you don't end up with N I B , just let me know and it's yours...
                                Thank you for the info, as always!
                                That is most appreciated Doc, if it's no trouble for you!

Comment

Working...
                                X