No announcement yet.

The listen!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doc, I have some more questions regarding some boxsets I came across, want to know if you ever heard of them are they official or bootlegs or made up by the labels? I hope you don't mind being bombarded by so many questions, you're the only expert I know regarding Sabbath, and your information has always been infallible.

Here they are:

I always appreciate your help, goodwill and kindness, thanks in advance brother.
    Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 04-15-2018, 12:08 PM.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• E5150 , did you ever recieve what we sent you brother ?? Be blessed ...

Originally posted by ronn View Post
      Perfectly said Doc! Nothing more to add.
      100% class as always YoY

Let's keep the BSO flame burning bright!
      Respect my brother , and thankyou!! .... as for BSO - Absolutely correct!

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
      Doc, just one more question regarding the leather singles boxset, I did some research, it’s extremely limited, so the notes say, it’s a reissue also, I don’t see a any number runs listed though, it’s says only 500 made, but I don’t see the number runs on the box.

Thougt I might ask you since you know a lot about these rare Sabbath releases.
      Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
      Doc, I have some more questions regarding some boxsets I came across, want to know if you ever heard of them are they official or bootlegs or made up by the labels? I hope you don't mind being bombarded by so many questions, you're the only expert I know regarding Sabbath, and your information has always been infallible.

Here they are:

I always appreciate your help, goodwill and kindness, thanks in advance brother.
      Brother OID , no problem and thankyou for the kind words .... going to leave you a message about all of these around 630ish ..... God Bless

Originally posted by turch118 View Post
      I said my piece so I don't see any reason to continue this "silliness". By the way, what is "r-c-h"?

Actually, I do have an idea for a contest. How about giving the sets to three of the people that received permanent banishment? That would show immense integrity and a heart of gold. Sincerely, God bless you Doc.
      Silliness is correct my good brother ,,, thank you , lets move on from this , hopefully our little banter has made others feel less uneasy by past nonsense , and willing to get a beautiful BSO family Sabbath contest going!

Yes , yes brother Turch ... Mary already has something in the works , down the line , for some of our fallen comrades - this was started on about a month ago , even for some of the members who have willingly jumped ship ... thats always been our motto.

But , as for these 3 gems , lets get a fun contest going for the current active BSO family .... you could help us achieve that brother Turch!! .... as for a "r-c-h" - let's just say it's a small measuring device

God Bless ya buddy

Comment

• Doc, this is the actual box I bought, the one I posted above was a stock copy:
        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

• ^^^^^ Gorgeous!!

"Are you high?" , "Are you High!" ..... "So Am I ...." ,,,, Past Lives - Hole In The Sky!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
            ^^^^^ Gorgeous!!

"Are you high?" , "Are you High!" ..... "So Am I ...." ,,,, Past Lives - Hole In The Sky!!
            Thanks Doc, Sabbath always gives me a good natural high!

Comment

• Doc, no news regarding the contest for the new Sabbath singles box set?

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                Doc, no news regarding the contest for the new Sabbath singles box set?
                In the real world we have it kickin .... on BSO , nothing yet brother.

Good new Sabbath Iommi read ... enjoy! http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ton...ll-play-again/

Comment

• Awesome read Doc, Geoff Nicholls \m/

Comment

• Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                    In the real world we have it kickin .... on BSO , nothing yet brother.

Good new Sabbath Iommi read ... enjoy! http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ton...ll-play-again/
                    At least SabmanCometh came up with an idea for the contest.

Great read there Doc, I feel for Tony and anyone who has to go through that dreadful disease. Sellingmysoul has started a thread on this article.

How great would it be to get Gillan back, now that Ozzy is off doing his farewell tour, with Bill back in the fold, I know it's dreaming, but when I hear Out Of My Mind, I dream about what could've and could still be.
                    Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 04-30-2018, 03:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                      At least SabmanCometh came up with an idea for the contest.

Great read their Doc, I feel for Tony and anyone who has to go through that dreadful disease. Sellingmysoul has started a thread on this article.

How great would it be to get Gillan back, now that Ozzy is off doing his farewell tour, with Bill back in the fold, I know it's dreaming, but when I hear Out Of My Mind, I dream about what could've and could still be.
                      I gave an idea also

What about Holy Water OID

Comment

• Originally posted by ronn View Post
                        I gave an idea also

What about Holy Water OID
                        Yes you did Ronn, a favorite song contest, I have so many I can’t keep track.

Holy Water, simply beautiful, Gillan should get back with Sabbath.

Comment

• OID, thank you. It's great to see you active again!

Ronn, good idea, but very tough to focus on one masterpiece. I am not sure that I am running with your exact intent, I will get it started.

Doc, here's a start:

Contest idea #1(Ronn)- One Black Sabbath song....
                          My favorite is Iron Man. It was awesome the first time I heard it 37 years ago and it still holds first place on my list. For me, I never tire of any Sabbath material, a few times, or 10,000 listens, it makes no difference. The riff, lyrics, heaviness, and gloom hit home immediately. Sci-fi and vengeance peaked my interest as a teenager and Ozzy always played it on his solo tours. Years later, Iron Man was played in the soundcheck(The End tour VIP), what an experience!

Contest idea #2(Sabman)- What Black Sabbath album achieved a new level of appreciation years after your first listens.
                          Vol 4. I always liked it, less Changes. It was a neglected part of my collection for many years, then I revisited the entire Ozzy catalog following the release of 13. I became almost obsessed with Vol 4 and Under the Sun joined Snowblind in the set list keeping this underrated classic in regular rotation. The depth of greatness on this album is incredible. Supernaut has risen substantially in my rankings. As mentioned in a different thread, Wheels of Confusion is only my 4th favorite on Vol 4. Many thanks to the great Coke-Cola co of LA.

Comment

• Sabman, it’s great to be back and be amongst friends, sometimes we stray away and walk down a crooked and uneven path, I’m glad I came to my senses.

Doc , has always been a good man and friend, and a lot better person than I could ever be, I say that from my heart.

And Ronn? Who could ask for a more loyal and better friend than Ronn? There are simply none better and more loyal than Ronn, none.

I’m home again Sabman, and it feels absolutely great!!!!
                            Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 04-25-2018, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• Doc, are the games on? Sabman’s Idea or Ronn’s?

Comment

• @Ronn , Sabman , OID ..... Absolutely great stuff , games are on , combo of both just like The Sabman Cometh displayed ,,,,, gots to love the BSO family! Booooooooom!

Black friggin Sabbath!

Comment

Working...
                                X