The listen!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right on team family! \m/ YoY \M/ YOY
    Toss out your underpants and put your big boy slacks on!
    Here are my picks
    Favorite track would have to be Lonely is the word, gets better on each listen!
    Improving appreciation from my first experience to my last must be Born Again!

Comment

• Take out the rest of the trash? Flush the turds? OID?

Comment

• Originally posted by turch118 View Post
        Take out the rest of the trash? Flush the turds? OID?
        Hey Turch, hope you’ve been well, yeah been doing some Spring cleaning around the house and had a major sewage back up, got pretty messy around here, had to do a messy clean up, hate when that happens.

Deleted my post as I don’t like using language like that, sounded pretty gross and I didn’t want my words being misconstrued as I knew they’d be.

Good to see you around, will you be entering the contest?
        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
        ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
          @Ronn , Sabman , OID ..... Absolutely great stuff , games are on , combo of both just like The Sabman Cometh displayed ,,,,, gots to love the BSO family! Booooooooom!

Black friggin Sabbath!
          Great Doc, I’ll take some time this weekend to read over Sabman’s and Ronn’s ideas in depth, life is so busy seems like there never is time.

The air is crisp and clean and smelling fresh again, Spring is in the air!

Originally posted by ronn View Post
          Right on team family! \m/ YoY \M/ YOY
          Toss out your underpants and put your big boy slacks on!
          Here are my picks
          Favorite track would have to be Lonely is the word, gets better on each listen!
          Improving appreciation from my first experience to my last must be Born Again!
          Team family BSO! Ronn I was watching this movie on Frightflix horror channel, I forget the name, I’d have to go back and see, it was about some modern liberal hippy commune, in search of something, I thought I heard FX in it, I always wondered what it was like living in a dirty, filthy, stinking commune, full of drugged out minds and deprived, depraved maniacs living in a commune spreading the peace & love as they think they were doing.

And to think these filthy communes still exist!

The FX I thought I heard reminded me of your idea for the contest, thought I’d share it with you guys, it is not my entrance into the contest though, as I told Doc, I need some time to think.
          Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 04-27-2018, 07:12 AM. Reason: Typo
          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

• "Up the nose .... " - Ozzy 'Snowblind' ,,,, during which tour did this phrase first make it's appearance ? ...... Sabbath maniacs!

Comment

"Up the nose .... " - Ozzy 'Snowblind' ,,,, during which tour did this phrase first make it's appearance ? ...... Sabbath maniacs!
              Your the Black Sabbath maniac Doc!
              The Listen rules Sabbath information \m/
              Snowblind is epic!
              BSO \M/

Comment

• Originally posted by ronn View Post
                Your the Black Sabbath maniac Doc!
                The Listen rules Sabbath information \m/
                Snowblind is epic!
                BSO \M/
                Thankyou brother!! .... 1,000,000 views , right around the corner , from all over the world - for Sabbath information!!

...... with that being said , here's a little tid bit - Ward's drumming during the "Sabotage" tour is nothing short of revolutionary - and HE DOESN'T EVEN REALIZE IT - brilliant.

Comment

• https://youtu.be/xbyohIKIsoU \m/

Comment

• Here's my entrance into the contest:

One Black Sabbath Song:

Hand Of Doom, I always say this is one of their best songs, love the way Ozzy sings on this and the emotion he conveys, Hand Of Doom is so horribly real today as it was when Geezer wrote the song about Vietnam soldiers trying to bottle up the atrocities of war and what they'd seen by shooting up and dousing these horrors with this killer opioid.

How prevalent is this song today and the opioid epidemic we're facing today? I'm getting chills as I write this, as masses of young people are succumbing to the horrors of this drug, being addicted, overdosing, what are they going to do, time has caught up with them, now they wait their turn, they know there is no return, they've joined the other fools, and now it's killing them.

So sad, I feel especially for the young ones who have so much to live for, and are giving there lives up to this horrid drug, it puts a tear in my eye and a heaviness in my heart, no longer just soldiers returning from war, but men and women, girls and boys, mothers and their babies being born addicted from their mothers womb, and fathers, grandmothers and grandfathers all sticking the needle in and forever being slaves to the hand of doom.

Oh how I weep and pray for them.

This song has so much significance today as it did when it was written, so much, it truly saddens me when I see young people on this.

What Black Sabbath album achieved a new level of appreciation years after your first listens?

I would say Paranoid album, this album more so than any other, has it's realism in today as it did yesteryear, one of the most played on the radio one tends not to listen to it as much, but I have a newfound appreciation for it as it speaks of the horrors of war, drug use and addiction and the final effects of these things, which is misery, agony and death.

But as Black Sabbath always says and conveys, if we change our ways there is still hope, hope that war and it's atrocities will end, hope that our young people will learn and not turn to substances to mask their problems, which in the long run will only become worse and have a dire effect, hope that Man won't just stare at the world and plans vengeance, that will soon unfold, if we don't change our ways!

I have newfound appreciation for the Paranoid album, yes indeed!
                    Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 04-29-2018, 08:36 AM.

Comment

• I think I picked up on the rules to the current contest from OID's last post (1.) Pick what you consider the best Sabbath song and why and 2.) What Black Sabbath album achieved a new level of appreciation years after your first listens), but just to be sure, I'll ask you, Doc, are those the rules to the current contest?
                      ♫Forget all your sorrow, don't live in the past,
                      and look to the future, 'cause life goes too fast, you know♫

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                        Here's my entrance into the contest:

One Black Sabbath Song:

Hand Of Doom, I always say this is one of their best songs, love the way Ozzy sings on this and the emotion he conveys, Hand Of Doom is so horribly real today as it was when Geezer wrote the song about Vietnam soldiers trying to bottle up the atrocities of war and what they'd seen by shooting up and dousing these horrors with this killer opioid.

How prevalent is this song today and the opioid epidemic we're facing today? I'm getting chills as I write this, as masses of young people are succumbing to the horrors of this drug, being addicted, overdosing, what are they going to do, time has caught up with them, now they wait their turn, they know there is no return, they've joined the other fools, and now it's killing them.

So sad, I feel especially for the young ones who have so much to live for, and are giving there lives up to this horrid drug, it puts a tear in my eye and a heaviness in my heart, no longer just soldiers returning from war, but men and women, girls and boys, mothers and their babies being born addicted from their mothers womb, and fathers, grandmothers and grandfathers all sticking the needle in and forever being slaves to the hand of doom.

Oh how I weep and pray for them.

This song has so much significance today as it did when it was written, so much, it truly saddens me when I see young people on this.

What Black Sabbath album achieved a new level of appreciation years after your first listens?

I would say Paranoid album, this album more so than any other, has it's realism in today as it did yesteryear, one of the most played on the radio one tends not to listen to it as much, but I have a newfound appreciation for it as it speaks of the horrors of war, drug use and addiction and the final effects of these things, which is misery, agony and death.

But as Black Sabbath always says and conveys, if we change our ways there is still hope, hope that war and it's atrocities will end, hope that our young people will learn and not turn to substances to mask their problems, which in the long run will only become worse and have a dire effect, hope that Man won't just stare at the world and plans vengeance, that will soon unfold, if we don't change our ways!

I have newfound appreciation for the Paranoid album, yes indeed!
                        Absolutely nothing short of why your a Sabbath maniac to the highest of degrees - can be found in these words right here ...... kudos!!

Originally posted by 70sOzzyBlackSabbah! View Post
                        I think I picked up on the rules to the current contest from OID's last post (1.) Pick what you consider the best Sabbath song and why and 2.) What Black Sabbath album achieved a new level of appreciation years after your first listens), but just to be sure, I'll ask you, Doc, are those the rules to the current contest?
                        Spot on my good brother ,,, join the BSO fun , where Sabbath's greatest fans reside!

Comment

Spot on my good brother ,,, join the BSO fun , where Sabbath's greatest fans reside!
                          Thanks for the answer Doc! I think I'm ready to join the contest, just one more question: suppose I win...do I have to accept the prize? I never did online contests before, not only that but I'm afraid it'll raise suspicion amongst my family if I receive a giant Black Sabbath box in the mail out of the blue one day, thus getting me in trouble at home :[

Comment

• Originally posted by 70sOzzyBlackSabbah! View Post
                            Thanks for the answer Doc! I think I'm ready to join the contest, just one more question: suppose I win...do I have to accept the prize? I never did online contests before, not only that but I'm afraid it'll raise suspicion amongst my family if I receive a giant Black Sabbath box in the mail out of the blue one day, thus getting me in trouble at home :[
                            Not at all , that would be entirely up to you my brother ..... Black Sabbath box - What ran through my head when I read that was - "get back in your tiny boxes , even if you can't we say you can ...." ,,,, anyone know the track without looking it up ??

God Bless

Comment

Not at all , that would be entirely up to you my brother
                              God Bless
                              Ok, thanks for the answer doc! As much as I'd like to win the Supersonic Years boxset, unfortunately I'll have to decline it :[

Here's my non-entry to the contest:

Best Black Sabbath Song and Why:

This is a tough one for me, as I like MANY Black Sabbath songs...I'll pick Megalomania from Sabotage for this contest, because it's a very powerful, heartfelt song I feel. Made/makes me cry on several occasions. It starts off as song that, to my understanding, is about remorse, feeling bad for doing something fucked up. Then, the song transitions into...something beautiful. When the main riff of Megalomania kicks in, it transitions into a song that, to my understanding, is about inner forgiveness, making peace with oneself so that they can finally heal and move on in their life. I feel that this song shows that redemption/inner forgiveness for doing something something fucked up IS possible, and as a result I feel for those reasons it's quite a powerful song, one that can literally change lives for the better. I feel it changed my life for the better.

Hmmm...good question. Most of the Black Sabbath albums I listened to are pretty recent, just within the last year or two I started listening to them. The only ones that would qualify for this question are Paranoid and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, as I listened to songs from these several years ago. For this contest, I'll stick with Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, because I love how on the title track and Looking for Today, there are sections with acoustic guitars in them. That gave the album a unique feel I have yet to encounter anywhere else musically.

Doc, if I do win, even though I declined the prize, can you still let me know if I won or not?

Comment

• Originally posted by 70sOzzyBlackSabbah! View Post
                                I think I picked up on the rules to the current contest from OID's last post (1.) Pick what you consider the best Sabbath song and why and 2.) What Black Sabbath album achieved a new level of appreciation years after your first listens), but just to be sure, I'll ask you, Doc, are those the rules to the current contest?
                                Those are the rules as Doc said, and welcome to the listen!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X