The listen!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    Those are the rules as Doc said, and welcome to the listen!!!!
    Thanks for the formal welcome!
    ♫Forget all your sorrow, don't live in the past,
    and look to the future, 'cause life goes too fast, you know♫

Comment

• Buried Alive

Comment

• Originally posted by turch118 View Post
        Buried Alive
        Great song Turch, one of my favorites off of Dehumanizer.

Is this your favorite song you’ll be entering into the contest?

Hope you’ve been well brother.
        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
        ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• Originally posted by turch118 View Post
          Buried Alive
          Booooooooom! Good job brother!

Originally posted by 70sOzzyBlackSabbah! View Post
          Ok, thanks for the answer doc! As much as I'd like to win the Supersonic Years boxset, unfortunately I'll have to decline it :[

Here's my non-entry to the contest:

Best Black Sabbath Song and Why:

This is a tough one for me, as I like MANY Black Sabbath songs...I'll pick Megalomania from Sabotage for this contest, because it's a very powerful, heartfelt song I feel. Made/makes me cry on several occasions. It starts off as song that, to my understanding, is about remorse, feeling bad for doing something fucked up. Then, the song transitions into...something beautiful. When the main riff of Megalomania kicks in, it transitions into a song that, to my understanding, is about inner forgiveness, making peace with oneself so that they can finally heal and move on in their life. I feel that this song shows that redemption/inner forgiveness for doing something something fucked up IS possible, and as a result I feel for those reasons it's quite a powerful song, one that can literally change lives for the better. I feel it changed my life for the better.

What Black Sabbath album achieved a new level of appreciation years after your first listens?

Hmmm...good question. Most of the Black Sabbath albums I listened to are pretty recent, just within the last year or two I started listening to them. The only ones that would qualify for this question are Paranoid and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, as I listened to songs from these several years ago. For this contest, I'll stick with Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, because I love how on the title track and Looking for Today, there are sections with acoustic guitars in them. That gave the album a unique feel I have yet to encounter anywhere else musically.

Doc, if I do win, even though I declined the prize, can you still let me know if I won or not?
          Fantastic stuff brother!!!! .... your in this baby!!

Warning is amazing!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
            Booooooooom! Good job brother!

Fantastic stuff brother!!!! .... your in this baby!!

Warning is amazing!!
            Hehe thanks!

Warning from the first Sabbath album? If so, I agree, it's a fantastic song
            ♫Forget all your sorrow, don't live in the past,
            and look to the future, 'cause life goes too fast, you know♫

Comment

• Great read!! ....... http://theobelisk.net/obelisk/2018/0...-hall-in-full/ .... read the responses as well.

Comment

Great read!! ....... http://theobelisk.net/obelisk/2018/0...-hall-in-full/ .... read the responses as well.
                Great read as always Doc!
                "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

Great read!! ....... http://theobelisk.net/obelisk/2018/0...-hall-in-full/ .... read the responses as well.
                  Thanks Doc!

How many tours did they play Spiral Architect live?

SWEET WHERE ARE YOU?

Comment

• ^^^ True dat , where's the Sweet at ..... Sweet , give us a shout , let us know your well brother!

More Sabbath coming soooon!

@ Tim , this is for you , so be it true! -

1. "Never Say Die" - One of the "best" moments and openers to be found in anything Sabbath , all eras ,,, song just feels so right , makes you feel so good , excellent track!

2. "Johnny Blade" - Masterpiece in every way , in fact the lyrics seal the deal , separating this track from a typical thought process , to an ingenious idea and mood , fantastic song.

3. "Junior's Eyes" - The reason Sabbath is so superior to anything before or since , and it's not even close .... my goodness Ozzy is un friggin real right here!

4. "Hard Road" - Sabbath has never been better , impeccable pen to paper , lyrically untouchable.

5. "Shock Wave" - Ya , cased closed , innovative solutions to every ear-gasmic moment you could possibly think of.

6. "Air Dance" - Opening riff makes most bands entire catalogs seem silly in comparison ,,, and one could just spend days in the remainder of this mesmerizing piece of art!

*** NSD has an opening 6 that gives HNH a run for it's money***

7. "Over to You" - Top 5 most underrated tracks in the world today ,, a methodical bulldozer.

8. "Breakout" - Masterpiece , Ward's feel is literally ridiculous .....

9. "Swinging the Chain" - One of Sabbath's heaviest moments , and quite frankly , the absolute PERFECT swan song for the "great 8" ... no track could fit this "bill" better ,,, what a monster original track to such an incredibly artistic release - for closing out an Era of ALL Era's!

..... so good.

Comment

• Got your PM doc
                      Thanks \m/

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news..._les_paul.html

Comment

1. "Never Say Die" - One of the "best" moments and openers to be found in anything Sabbath , all eras ,,, song just feels so right , makes you feel so good , excellent track!

2. "Johnny Blade" - Masterpiece in every way , in fact the lyrics seal the deal , separating this track from a typical thought process , to an ingenious idea and mood , fantastic song.

3. "Junior's Eyes" - The reason Sabbath is so superior to anything before or since , and it's not even close .... my goodness Ozzy is un friggin real right here!

4. "Hard Road" - Sabbath has never been better , impeccable pen to paper , lyrically untouchable.

5. "Shock Wave" - Ya , cased closed , innovative solutions to every ear-gasmic moment you could possibly think of.

6. "Air Dance" - Opening riff makes most bands entire catalogs seem silly in comparison ,,, and one could just spend days in the remainder of this mesmerizing piece of art!

*** NSD has an opening 6 that gives HNH a run for it's money***

7. "Over to You" - Top 5 most underrated tracks in the world today ,, a methodical bulldozer.

8. "Breakout" - Masterpiece , Ward's feel is literally ridiculous .....

9. "Swinging the Chain" - One of Sabbath's heaviest moments , and quite frankly , the absolute PERFECT swan song for the "great 8" ... no track could fit this "bill" better ,,, what a monster original track to such an incredibly artistic release - for closing out an Era of ALL Era's!

..... so good.
                        A very precise and definitive analysis Doctor John!

Comment

• The most sensational drummer EVER!!

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/bla...o-show-part-2/

https://www.musicradar.com/news/behi...mmer-bill-ward

God Bless

Comment

Bill is a genuine nice guy
                            And one heck of a drummer

Comment

Great reads Doc, Bill Ward is the best ever, no one comes close.

Any news on how the contest is going? The release of the box set is nearing, not many people entered the contest, how is it going to pan out?

Comment

• Doc, good stuff, with one exception. I want to hear Bill on the drums only.

Comment

Working...
                                X