The listen!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
    Thanks for posting Doc, that's great news, the only thing though if he's doing one at a time, I guess the Martin albums won't get released as a box set, which is what I was hoping for, Martin deserves that.

Funny when they brought in Ice-T, Martin didn't know if he was going to do the whole album or just one song, they wanted to do a Run-Dmc type album, lol, glad it was just one song, which is a great heavy song, Illusion Of Power.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• ^^ OID , here is some great fun "Forbidden" reading ... https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threa...bidden.776771/ , can never quench the thirst for the Sab's!

Originally posted by CraigSabbath View Post
      I would love a bit of that.
      No doubt my brother , and you will own that bad boy at time of release .... God Bless

Comment

^^ OID , here is some great fun "Forbidden" reading ... https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threa...bidden.776771/ , can never quench the thirst for the Sab's!
        Great and fun read like you said Doc, there are a lot of Martin haters, I can see, but oh well!

People also criticize the Ice-T vocal in Illusion Of Power, I've grown to like it and don't think the song would be the same without it.

Never enough Sabbath!!!!
        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

• Martin is cool. Do not get some of the rubbish that gets said but eh.....

Comment

• Originally posted by CraigSabbath View Post
            Martin is cool. Do not get some of the rubbish that gets said but eh.....
            Tony Martin is wonderful. Anyone that followed Ozzy, Dio, and Gillan was going to cop some unfair slagging. Doesn't take away from his talents and humanity as a vocalist.

Comment

• Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
              Tony Martin is wonderful. Anyone that followed Ozzy, Dio, and Gillan was going to cop some unfair slagging. Doesn't take away from his talents and humanity as a vocalist.
              Exactly Sweet, that and the fact he was an unknown at the time he joined Sabbath, I guess didn't help either, I think sometimes people are more accepting of someone if they're already a known face, like Dio, Gillan and Hughes.

Though sometimes even when a person is known like Hughes, it's still not a guarantee a vocalist will be accepted, because of the drastic change in style of music.

Like the Seventh Star album, which is great album and I've grown to love, was a drastic change in style of music compared to the Ozzy, Dio and Gillan eras and thus not accepted by the majority.

Comment

• Amazing ... BSO is averaging 200 to 400 different viewers an hour over the last 4 weekends ,, wow!

"The Listen" is averaging over 3,000 views a week ... insane! ... now well over one million reads ,, thank you to all who enjoy the Sab's!!

OID , amazing job honoring Billy U ... with that tremendous video ,, with honoring his friends wishes from Norway - giving people a chance to learn the correct information ... and most of all bringing that BU avatar back to LIFE !!

70SOZZYBLACKSABBATH! , happy birthday brother!!! and Jesus Bless!

CRAIGSABBATH , praying hard for you buddy ,, I am so sorry about your loss ... here if you need me.

*** latest Sabbath new -

IOMMI - "The Great Octopus" ,, the latest Sabbath gem , goes under chapter 21 "Iommi" - simply AWESOME!! ... this guy is what BLACK SABBATH is all about.

OZ ERA - plans are in the works for a very special 50th anniversary release for the Sabbath Debut Album .... booom!

DIO ERA - a live compilation spanning his career in the band is being bounced around , fingers crossed!

IAN ERA - Ian and Iommi have been discussing future projects.

HUGHES ERA - Glenn and Iommi have been discussing future projects.

MARTIN ERA - is in high gear ,, FORBIDDEN remix / remaster ,, FORBIDDEN Delux with new material ,, CROSS PURPOSES Delux with new material ... all in the works!

...... very exciting!!

God Bless Sabbath maniacs!!

Comment

• ^^^ You said it Doc, booooom \m/

OID Seventh Star is one of my all time favs YoY

Comment

• Thanks Ronn!!

Emerald Sabbath - "She's Gone" video , check it out ,, scroll to the bottom .. http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/eme...es-gone-video/

Amen!

Comment

• Doc thank you for the kind words my friend, all great Sabbath news, can’t wait for all the new Sabbath coming.

@ Ronn, In For The Kill, how awesome \m/!!!!

Comment

• Doc, I have a new appreciation for Dehumanizer, I always loved this album from Day one of its release, now I love it even more.

I know this is one of your top Sabbath albums, just thought I’d mention this today.

Comment

Amazing ... BSO is averaging 200 to 400 different viewers an hour over the last 4 weekends ,, wow!

"The Listen" is averaging over 3,000 views a week ... insane! ... now well over one million reads ,, thank you to all who enjoy the Sab's!!

OID , amazing job honoring Billy U ... with that tremendous video ,, with honoring his friends wishes from Norway - giving people a chance to learn the correct information ... and most of all bringing that BU avatar back to LIFE !!

70SOZZYBLACKSABBATH! , happy birthday brother!!! and Jesus Bless!

CRAIGSABBATH , praying hard for you buddy ,, I am so sorry about your loss ... here if you need me.

*** latest Sabbath new -

IOMMI - "The Great Octopus" ,, the latest Sabbath gem , goes under chapter 21 "Iommi" - simply AWESOME!! ... this guy is what BLACK SABBATH is all about.

OZ ERA - plans are in the works for a very special 50th anniversary release for the Sabbath Debut Album .... booom!

DIO ERA - a live compilation spanning his career in the band is being bounced around , fingers crossed!

IAN ERA - Ian and Iommi have been discussing future projects.

HUGHES ERA - Glenn and Iommi have been discussing future projects.

MARTIN ERA - is in high gear ,, FORBIDDEN remix / remaster ,, FORBIDDEN Delux with new material ,, CROSS PURPOSES Delux with new material ... all in the works!

...... very exciting!!

God Bless Sabbath maniacs!!
                          Thanks again Doc!!!!! Wish I seen that post sooner, would've thanked ya on the day of my bday if I known sooner ^_^

What happened with CraigSabbath? Sounds like something bad happened...

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                          Thanks Ronn!!

Emerald Sabbath - "She's Gone" video , check it out ,, scroll to the bottom .. http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/eme...es-gone-video/

Amen!
                          Listened to this awesome version of the song on the day it released...I must say, Emerald Sabbath are very talented!

She's Gone is one of my faves from TE, so it's nice to hear that song getting some love from a different band :]
                          ♫Forget all your sorrow, don't live in the past,
                          and look to the future, 'cause life goes too fast, you know♫

Comment

• ^^ Your favorite thing about Sabbath's "She's Gone" ... your a smart man.

Just love IOMMI !! .. http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/bla...of-birmingham/

SOTU .. https://www.loudersound.com/features...f-the-universe

When you lie to be kind , is it still a lie ?? .. https://metalheadzone.com/black-sabb...f-of-all-time/

OID , DEHUMANIZER is a friggin MASTERPIECE.

Comment

• ^^ Thanks for the info Doc

Originally posted by 70sOzzyBlackSabbah! View Post
                              Thanks again Doc!!!!! Wish I seen that post sooner, would've thanked ya on the day of my bday if I known sooner ^_^

What happened with CraigSabbath? Sounds like something bad happened...

Listened to this awesome version of the song on the day it released...I must say, Emerald Sabbath are very talented!

She's Gone is one of my faves from TE, so it's nice to hear that song getting some love from a different band :]
                              Happy Birthday \m/

Comment

^^ Your favorite thing about Sabbath's "She's Gone" ... your a smart man.

When you lie to be kind , is it still a lie ?? .. https://metalheadzone.com/black-sabb...f-of-all-time/

OID , DEHUMANIZER is a friggin MASTERPIECE.
                                She's Gone is an absolute masterpiece, Ozzy sings with such hurt you can feel his pain.

A lie is a lie Doc, there are no greater riffs than Sabbath.

Dehumanizer is a masterpiece, yes it is!

Comment

Working...
                                X