The listen!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
    Question for ya all .... which Major Sabbath vocalist ?? .... Ozzy , Dio , Ian , Hughes or Martin , says live - "Satan's sitting there , She's smiling .." ,,,, I friggin love it every time I hear it!
    Ha, ha ha!! Ozzy; he's smiling. It is very fun live. The song and album Black Sabbath set the tone and defined a band a form of music which remain unrivaled nearly 50 years later.
    Last edited by The Sabman Cometh; 05-08-2019, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sabman Cometh View Post
      Ha, ha ha!! Ozzy; he's smiling. It is very fun live. The song and album Black Sabbath set the tone and defined a band a form of music which remain unrivaled nearly 50 years later.
      I don't think it's Ozzy, She's smiling must be one of the others

Comment

• Originally posted by ronn View Post
        Ian, cheekily referencing our beloved "Digital Bitch".

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sabman Cometh View Post
          Not the Ozman Sabman

Originally posted by ronn View Post
          That it must Ronnie Boy ,, but WHO ??

Originally posted by Wheels Of Confusion View Post
          Ian, cheekily referencing our beloved "Digital Bitch".
          Wooooo , good guess Wheels , and good thinking ..... but not Ian ,, tho his "Digital Bitch" references do exist ....

Here's the lyrics we are looking at live ....

Big black shape with eyes of fire
          Telling people their desire
          Satan's sitting there, "SHE'S" smiling
          Watches those flames get higher and higher "AND HIGHER AND HIGHER" (not twice like the Oz or 3 times like Ian)
          Oh no, no, please god help me!

Also he says prior to WAR PIGS , this song still holds up today becuz the world sucks!

Comment

• Doc, I looked at this lyric alteration("she's" smiling) as an error, thus I could see Ozzy slipping-up. Perhaps I am too much of a purist, I do not like any change to this epic masterpiece. My new guess is Dio.

Comment

• My other thought was Rob Halford?

Comment

• @Sabman , @Ronn , @Wheels ..... DIO it is! ,, DEHUMANIZER tour ... GREAT stuff!

Ozzy ..... https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/za...-of-his-peers/

Comment

• Iommi on Ronnie .... https://metalheadzone.com/black-sabb...ional-message/

Iommi on Bill .... https://metalheadzone.com/black-sabb...ith-bill-ward/

Comment

Tony is all class. What a gent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for those, Doc! Hadn't read them yet.

Comment

• Doc, thank you for the reads, perhaps members on here are right, Ozzy didn't show up for the lifetime achievement because he's not well, Tony wished Ozzy well and that he'd get better.
                        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                        ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• ^^^ You got it brother! .... and Sweet , and maestro !!

DEHUMANIZER is the most fantastic album ever released by anyone in the history of our fine planet ..... Can someone here prove to me otherwise ,, and if so , what tops it ??

Comment

^^^ You got it brother! .... and Sweet , and maestro !!

DEHUMANIZER is the most fantastic album ever released by anyone in the history of our fine planet ..... Can someone here prove to me otherwise ,, and if so , what tops it ??
                            I tend to agree. One of the greatest. I love the way it starts. That industrial clanking and banging we hear at the start off”Computer God”. Sets the tone for the rest of the album. Its got the great Geezer written all over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

^^^ You got it brother! .... and Sweet , and maestro !!

I too could categorize it as being one of the best; if you put the Alternative Version of Letters From Earth on it in place of the album track and took off what I consider the 1 or 2 weakest songs, Dehumanizer would be even better.

Ted

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Sallis View Post
                                I too could categorize it as being one of the best; if you put the Alternative Version of Letters From Earth on it in place of the album track and took off what I consider the 1 or 2 weakest songs, Dehumanizer would be even better.

Ted
                                Hey Ted,
                                Curious which two you'd take off the album?

Comment

Working...
                                X