Announcement

Collapse

Google Ads Question

Hey gang. I just posted something asking about Google Ads on my website. I'd like people's input (and help possibly) on this. Please go over here and have a read:

https://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/for...ads#post645883

--- Joe
See more
See less

The listen!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by turch118 View Post
    #4 Sabman????? That's bottom of the barrel. I know it's a tough choice but #4 is reserved for TDYK. Hey Doc, how would you rank the Dio studio albums?
    Turch, good to see you back.


    Doc a blessed Father's Day to you and all the dads here on BSO, and most important of all God the father.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

    Comment


    • OID , maestro , Ted , Sabman .... thanks for all the comments , love hearing (reading) them all!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
        Turch, good to see you back.


        Doc a blessed Father's Day to you and all the dads here on BSO, and most important of all God the father.
        OID doc and everyone at BSO hope you had a blessed fathers day \m/

        Comment


        • DIO live during the DEHUMANIZER tour is outer worldly to the point of insanity .... what an over the top amazing talent.


          Happy Dad's day to all you guys as well !!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
            DIO live during the DEHUMANIZER tour is outer worldly to the point of insanity .... what an over the top amazing talent.
            You're right, Doc. The whole band was on fire on that tour!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by ronn View Post
              OID doc and everyone at BSO hope you had a blessed fathers day \m/
              Thank you Ronn, always good to see you back brother!
              "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
              "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
              ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

              Comment


              • "Geezer Butler isn’t ruling out a one-off Black Sabbath reunion." - Amen Geez!


                "Donald Trump’s use of Ozzy Osbourne’s “Crazy Train” in a Twitter video this morning didn’t go over well with the former Black Sabbath frontman and his wife Sharon." - C'mon Oz your better than that .....


                "Black Sabbath‘s Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler have admitted that they don’t listen to modern heavy metal." - After Sabbath who would?


                "It's official, Black Sabbath Bridge is a landmark that exists in the city of Birmingham, the band's hometown, and the location of their final concert ever." - BOOM!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                  "Geezer Butler isn’t ruling out a one-off Black Sabbath reunion." - Amen Geez!


                  "Donald Trump’s use of Ozzy Osbourne’s “Crazy Train” in a Twitter video this morning didn’t go over well with the former Black Sabbath frontman and his wife Sharon." - C'mon Oz your better than that .....


                  "Black Sabbath‘s Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler have admitted that they don’t listen to modern heavy metal." - After Sabbath who would?


                  "It's official, Black Sabbath Bridge is a landmark that exists in the city of Birmingham, the band's hometown, and the location of their final concert ever." - BOOM!
                  Doc, for the love of God, country and President Donald Trump, don’t make me hate the Ozzman and his beautiful wife!

                  Good one Doc, after listening to Sabbath who would want to listen to modern metal, love that!

                  Doc, do you have any links to the above posts you made, always love to read what you’ve linked up.
                  "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                  "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                  ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

                  Comment


                  • Hey, BACK TO EDEN, it's been some time.

                    A month ago, I've moved to a new house. How should I tell the guy? I don't remember the numbers @@
                    Last edited by LouiST; 06-29-2019, 10:59 PM.
                    Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
                    Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
                    In the age of reason, how do we survive?
                    The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                      Doc, for the love of God, country and President Donald Trump, don’t make me hate the Ozzman and his beautiful wife!

                      Good one Doc, after listening to Sabbath who would want to listen to modern metal, love that!

                      Doc, do you have any links to the above posts you made, always love to read what you’ve linked up.
                      I'm right with ya my good man!!


                      Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne denounced President Donald Trump’s unauthorized use of “Crazy Train” in a Twitter video the president posted mocking the 2020 Democratic primary candidates.

                      The video, posted Thursday morning, opens with footage of the technical difficulties that marred Wednesday’s first Democratic primary debate and pairs it with the intro to Osbourne’s 1980 hit. Eventually, the video fades to black and reemerges with footage of Trump walking up to a podium.

                      In a statement to Rolling Stone, the Osbournes said, “Based on this morning’s unauthorized use of Ozzy Osbourne’s ‘Crazy Train,’ we are sending notice to the Trump campaign (or any other campaigns) that they are forbidden from using any of Ozzy Osbourne’s music in political ads or in any political campaigns. Ozzy’s music cannot be used for any means without approvals.”

                      The Osbournes also offered some alternative songs Trump could use, naming the smattering of musicians that have voiced their support for him. “In the meantime, we have a suggestion for Mr. Trump: perhaps he should reach out to some of his musician friends. Maybe Kayne West (‘Gold Digger’), Kid Rock (‘I Am the Bullgod’) or Ted Nugent (‘Stranglehold’) will allow use of their music.”

                      Sharon Osbourne notably appeared on Season Nine of Trump’s NBC reality show The Apprentice, though she has leveled plenty of criticism at him over his political ambitions. In a 2016 appearance on Conan following the first debate between Trump and Hillary Clinton, Osbourne said she didn’t think Trump actually wanted to be president, while two years later she expressed her continued concerns in an interview with Larry King.

                      “It’s kind of fearful,” she said. “I know a lot of my friends are fearful. We kind of wake up every day and go, ‘What’s gonna happen now?’ You don’t feel secure that everything will be smooth and people are in control of what they should be in control of and running it professionally.”

                      Along with Ozzy Osbourne, an array of other musicians have sparred with Trump after he used their music. During the 2016 election, Queen criticized the then-candidate for using “We Are the Champions,” while R.E.M., Neil Young, Everlast and Aerosmith also spoke out after Trump used their music without permission.


                      BUNCH OF CLOWNS ..... Loving Ted!!


                      Originally posted by LouiST View Post
                      Hey, BACK TO EDEN, it's been some time.

                      A month ago, I've moved to a new house. How should I tell the guy? I don't remember the numbers @@
                      What's this mean my good brother .....


                      God Bless

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                        I'm right with ya my good man!!


                        Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne denounced President Donald Trump’s unauthorized use of “Crazy Train” in a Twitter video the president posted mocking the 2020 Democratic primary candidates.

                        The video, posted Thursday morning, opens with footage of the technical difficulties that marred Wednesday’s first Democratic primary debate and pairs it with the intro to Osbourne’s 1980 hit. Eventually, the video fades to black and reemerges with footage of Trump walking up to a podium.

                        In a statement to Rolling Stone, the Osbournes said, “Based on this morning’s unauthorized use of Ozzy Osbourne’s ‘Crazy Train,’ we are sending notice to the Trump campaign (or any other campaigns) that they are forbidden from using any of Ozzy Osbourne’s music in political ads or in any political campaigns. Ozzy’s music cannot be used for any means without approvals.”

                        The Osbournes also offered some alternative songs Trump could use, naming the smattering of musicians that have voiced their support for him. “In the meantime, we have a suggestion for Mr. Trump: perhaps he should reach out to some of his musician friends. Maybe Kayne West (‘Gold Digger’), Kid Rock (‘I Am the Bullgod’) or Ted Nugent (‘Stranglehold’) will allow use of their music.”

                        Sharon Osbourne notably appeared on Season Nine of Trump’s NBC reality show The Apprentice, though she has leveled plenty of criticism at him over his political ambitions. In a 2016 appearance on Conan following the first debate between Trump and Hillary Clinton, Osbourne said she didn’t think Trump actually wanted to be president, while two years later she expressed her continued concerns in an interview with Larry King.

                        “It’s kind of fearful,” she said. “I know a lot of my friends are fearful. We kind of wake up every day and go, ‘What’s gonna happen now?’ You don’t feel secure that everything will be smooth and people are in control of what they should be in control of and running it professionally.”

                        Along with Ozzy Osbourne, an array of other musicians have sparred with Trump after he used their music. During the 2016 election, Queen criticized the then-candidate for using “We Are the Champions,” while R.E.M., Neil Young, Everlast and Aerosmith also spoke out after Trump used their music without permission.


                        BUNCH OF CLOWNS ..... Loving Ted!!

                        Let her go back to England is all I can say Doc, love it or leave it, if you don't love it get the hell out! Plenty of planes leaving everyday!

                        Thanks for posting and hope you had a great 4th of July Doc, the Birthday of the greatest nation ever on the face of God's green Earth, together we will continue to make America great! Always enjoy reading your posts!
                        "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                        "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                        ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                          What's this mean my good brother .....


                          God Bless
                          Quite a long story actually. I remember many years ago, you said there's a friend who's willing to give out Sabbath's for free. I wondered if it's true, so I got the phone number (maybe it's you who gave me the number? I can't remember. The old messages seem to have disappeared). And it's true! Someone does send me Sabbath albums. God bless him, man. And he didn't stop after that. Sometimes, he'd even send me some bootlegs.

                          Since I've relocated in May, I think maybe he's still gonna keep sending. But he has no idea I have moved, he'll send them to my old address. Since my family rented the place, I don't want to disturb the old landlord.
                          Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
                          Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
                          In the age of reason, how do we survive?
                          The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by LouiST View Post
                            Quite a long story actually. I remember many years ago, you said there's a friend who's willing to give out Sabbath's for free. I wondered if it's true, so I got the phone number (maybe it's you who gave me the number? I can't remember. The old messages seem to have disappeared). And it's true! Someone does send me Sabbath albums. God bless him, man. And he didn't stop after that. Sometimes, he'd even send me some bootlegs.

                            Since I've relocated in May, I think maybe he's still gonna keep sending. But he has no idea I have moved, he'll send them to my old address. Since my family rented the place, I don't want to disturb the old landlord.
                            We got you covered brother on our end !! ..... and leave any new info in PM


                            NEW SABBATH VINYL SET!! With rare mono collection ....


                            Rolling Stone
                            HOME
                            MUSIC
                            MUSIC NEWS
                            Black Sabbath Prep ‘Vinyl Collection’ With Bonus Rarities
                            Ozzy-era, vinyl-only collection will include album of mono mixes of their singles, including two that never came out

                            KORY GROW
                            JULY 18, 2019 6:34PM EDT


                            Black Sabbath, 1970: Bill Ward, Tony Iommi, Ozzy Osbourne, Geezer Butler in , (Photo by Chris Walter/WireImage)
                            Chris Walter/WireImage
                            Black Sabbath wrote the book on heavy, and their first decade’s worth of albums represent the Old Testament in the book of metal. From the clanging opening chords of “Black Sabbath” and lumbering siren’s call of “War Pigs” to the demon’s cry of “Sabbath Bloody Sabbath” and proto-thrash riffs of “Symptom of the Universe,” the Iron Man laid the blueprint for the genre on their first eight albums.

                            Those LPs will now make up a new vinyl-only box set, The Vinyl Collection 1970 – 1978, which is due out September 6th. And because die-hard Sabbaholics likely already own the band’s canon, the group is including a reproduction of “Evil Woman” seven-inch (backed with “Wicked World”) and a new 12-inch compilation of their mono singles, dubbed Monomania (a pun off their Sabotage deep cut “Megalomania”), which includes two previously unreleased mixes. The set will be available only as a numbered collector’s edition, limited to 3,000 copies.


                            Related
                            Black SabbathUK MUSIC HALL OF FAME, ALEXANDRA PALACE, LONDON, BRITAIN - 16 NOV 2005
                            Flashback: Black Sabbath Play 'Paranoid' With Bill Ward For Last Time
                            See Black Sabbath-Approved Cover Song by Armenian Folk Musicians
                            The band played its final concert in Birmingham, England — where they had formed in 1968 — in 2017. After that, they did one last jam session privately, which they filmed for a DVD release. “It was so weird saying goodbye after the sessions,” Iommi told Rolling Stone that year. “Nobody really knew what to say to each other. It was a bit embarrassing really. I think we just sort of said, ‘All right, I’m going.'”

                            That same year, Metallica’s Lars Ulrich named the band’s Sabotage LP as his favorite from the band, in a list he made of his favorite metal albums for Rolling Stone, and explained why he liked that one more than the others. “The first Sabbath record I got was the one before this one, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath,” he said. “[But Sabotage] had a little bit more of what I would call an up-tempo energy than some of the other albums, so that’s probably also part of the reason that it’s my favorite. Obviously their sound got a little more advanced as it went on. There’s a simplicity to some of the earlier records, that I’m appreciative of, but sonically, Sabotage is the best-sounding record.”


                            The Vinyl Collection 1970 – 1978 contents:

                            Black Sabbath (1970)
                            Paranoid (1971)
                            Master of Reality (1971)
                            Vol. 4 (1972)
                            Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (1974)
                            Sabotage (1975)
                            Technical Ecstasy (1976)
                            Never Say Die! (1978)

                            Monomania track list:

                            Side One

                            1. “Evil Woman (Don’t Play Your Games With Me)” *
                            2. “Wicked World”
                            3. “The Wizard”
                            4. “Iron Man” (Edited Version)

                            Side Two

                            1. “Paranoid”
                            2. “Into The Void” (Edited Version) **
                            3. “Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath” (Edited Version)
                            4. “It’s Alright”
                            5. Radio Spot For Black Sabbath

                            * previously unreleased in North America
                            ** previously unreleased

                            Comment


                            • The Vinyl Collection 1970 – 1978 contents:

                              Black Sabbath (1970)
                              Paranoid (1971)
                              Master of Reality (1971)
                              Vol. 4 (1972)
                              Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (1974)
                              Sabotage (1975)
                              Technical Ecstasy (1976)
                              Never Say Die! (1978)

                              Monomania track list:

                              Side One

                              1. “Evil Woman (Don’t Play Your Games With Me)” *
                              2. “Wicked World”
                              3. “The Wizard”
                              4. “Iron Man” (Edited Version)

                              Side Two

                              1. “Paranoid”
                              2. “Into The Void” (Edited Version) **
                              3. “Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath” (Edited Version)
                              4. “It’s Alright”
                              5. Radio Spot For Black Sabbath

                              * previously unreleased in North America
                              ** previously unreleased

                              ^^ doc do I need this? why limited to 3,000? is evil woman MONO and into the void EDIT that rare? what is RADIO SPOT?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                                We got you covered brother on our end !! ..... and leave any new info in PM


                                NEW SABBATH VINYL SET!! With rare mono collection ....


                                Rolling Stone
                                HOME
                                MUSIC
                                MUSIC NEWS
                                Black Sabbath Prep ‘Vinyl Collection’ With Bonus Rarities
                                Ozzy-era, vinyl-only collection will include album of mono mixes of their singles, including two that never came out

                                KORY GROW
                                JULY 18, 2019 6:34PM EDT


                                Black Sabbath, 1970: Bill Ward, Tony Iommi, Ozzy Osbourne, Geezer Butler in , (Photo by Chris Walter/WireImage)
                                Chris Walter/WireImage
                                Black Sabbath wrote the book on heavy, and their first decade’s worth of albums represent the Old Testament in the book of metal. From the clanging opening chords of “Black Sabbath” and lumbering siren’s call of “War Pigs” to the demon’s cry of “Sabbath Bloody Sabbath” and proto-thrash riffs of “Symptom of the Universe,” the Iron Man laid the blueprint for the genre on their first eight albums.

                                Those LPs will now make up a new vinyl-only box set, The Vinyl Collection 1970 – 1978, which is due out September 6th. And because die-hard Sabbaholics likely already own the band’s canon, the group is including a reproduction of “Evil Woman” seven-inch (backed with “Wicked World”) and a new 12-inch compilation of their mono singles, dubbed Monomania (a pun off their Sabotage deep cut “Megalomania”), which includes two previously unreleased mixes. The set will be available only as a numbered collector’s edition, limited to 3,000 copies.


                                Related
                                Black SabbathUK MUSIC HALL OF FAME, ALEXANDRA PALACE, LONDON, BRITAIN - 16 NOV 2005
                                Flashback: Black Sabbath Play 'Paranoid' With Bill Ward For Last Time
                                See Black Sabbath-Approved Cover Song by Armenian Folk Musicians
                                The band played its final concert in Birmingham, England — where they had formed in 1968 — in 2017. After that, they did one last jam session privately, which they filmed for a DVD release. “It was so weird saying goodbye after the sessions,” Iommi told Rolling Stone that year. “Nobody really knew what to say to each other. It was a bit embarrassing really. I think we just sort of said, ‘All right, I’m going.'”

                                That same year, Metallica’s Lars Ulrich named the band’s Sabotage LP as his favorite from the band, in a list he made of his favorite metal albums for Rolling Stone, and explained why he liked that one more than the others. “The first Sabbath record I got was the one before this one, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath,” he said. “[But Sabotage] had a little bit more of what I would call an up-tempo energy than some of the other albums, so that’s probably also part of the reason that it’s my favorite. Obviously their sound got a little more advanced as it went on. There’s a simplicity to some of the earlier records, that I’m appreciative of, but sonically, Sabotage is the best-sounding record.”


                                The Vinyl Collection 1970 – 1978 contents:

                                Black Sabbath (1970)
                                Paranoid (1971)
                                Master of Reality (1971)
                                Vol. 4 (1972)
                                Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (1974)
                                Sabotage (1975)
                                Technical Ecstasy (1976)
                                Never Say Die! (1978)

                                Monomania track list:

                                Side One

                                1. “Evil Woman (Don’t Play Your Games With Me)” *
                                2. “Wicked World”
                                3. “The Wizard”
                                4. “Iron Man” (Edited Version)

                                Side Two

                                1. “Paranoid”
                                2. “Into The Void” (Edited Version) **
                                3. “Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath” (Edited Version)
                                4. “It’s Alright”
                                5. Radio Spot For Black Sabbath

                                * previously unreleased in North America
                                ** previously unreleased
                                Doc any preorder links for this? I need this and thank you for the info!
                                "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                                "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                                ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X