Announcement

Collapse

Google Ads Question

Hey gang. I just posted something asking about Google Ads on my website. I'd like people's input (and help possibly) on this. Please go over here and have a read:

https://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/for...ads#post645883

--- Joe
See more
See less

The listen!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doc I don’t see preorder links online, please secure me a copy of this box set, I will be calling you today.
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________________________________________OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• Hey Ronn,

The radio spot would possibly be a short radio ad promoting the album, possibly with a short clip or two from the album. Don't know which specific spot it is though.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
        Doc I don’t see preorder links online, please secure me a copy of this box set, I will be calling you today.
        You nailed yourself down a beautiful copy brother! kudos!

@SWEET , good to see you brother !

Comment

• Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
          You nailed yourself down a beautiful copy brother! kudos!
          Can't wait to get it! Doc per our conversation about the mono songs on this box set, will it possible to get them recorded on CD?
          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

• Doc, good to see your flurry of activity, you Beatles maniac!
            Do you know if any further Sabbath releases are in the works after the latest vinyl set?

OID, 10,000, congratulations on reaching this milestone!

Comment

• EARTH ..... https://www.altpress.com/news/black-...r-anniversary/ !!

Comment

\m/ \m/ \m/

Comment

Thanks for the heads up and the link, Doc.

What about this show they supposedly played at the Marquee Club on March 13, 1969?

Here is a screenshot from the old official Marquee Club website (now at archive.org) and the Marquee Club March 1969 flyer. Earth played on the 11th with the other Big Bear artists and then opened for Terry Reid on the 13th.

I have read in interviews (I know that's vague, I don't have any in front of me to include as sources) that the band wanted to change their name to Black Sabbath earlier than they did but that Jim Simpson talked them out of it. Did they possibly book this show under that name as a test?

Also, what about this ad from the February 1st, 1969 Melody Maker for the Dave Robson Agency... representing Black Sabbath? Is this another band with that name or another possible early attempt at using the name?

I have also seen 2 ads for a show at The Bay Hotel in Sunderland with Van der Graaf Generator and John Peel that is attributed to March 3, 1969. Both ads I have only seen on the internet not in the papers they came from, so I am a bit suspicious about that date and I have not included them here.

So was the Pokey Hole truly the first show they played as Black Sabbath?

Comment

• So was the Pokey Hole truly the first show they played as Black Sabbath?

..... No it was absolutely NOT.

Roller , you are one of the most astute Sabbath aficionados in the world today.

Comment

50 years to the day, wow!

Comment

• Heard some early thoughts on new vinyl set .... very positive!

Comment

• Always good to hear, Doc!

Comment

• Stereo and mono versions of certain tracks is a rather cool idea, me thinks :p

Comment

• ..... End of "Sabbra Cadabra" ,,, do people here realize how incredible this is ?? !!

Comment

• ..... Robert John Arthur Halford does a splendid job during his two short stints with the Sab's ,,, love his work on "Into The Void" !

Comment

Working...
                                X