• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ronn View Post

Your a Sabbath maven doc \m/
    Bringing everyone together!
    Doc is the best!
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

• ^^^ Thanks Brother's OID and Ronn !! for your kind comments !!

Originally posted by 70sOzzyBlackSabbath! View Post

Challenge accepted, Doc! Wow this was harder than imagined because of picking between so many favorite songs and organizing them by rank and era...but I got it done! Here's my listing (as of now) my top 10 favorite Sabbath tracks, by era and in order from most favorite to least favorite!

Classic (Ozzy) era:

1.) Megalomania
      2.) Iron Man

Martin era:

3.) The Shining
      4.) Can't Get Close Enough

Hughes era:

5.) Danger Zone
      6.) Heart Like A Wheel

Dio era:

7.) Turn Up The Night
      8.) Over and Over

Gillan era:

9.) Trashed
      10.) Hot Line

70s , YOU WON $$$$50 to spend as you choose for Sabbath gems at "Sound Exchange" #973-694-6049 .... Shipping is also covered !!!

JESUS BLESS all you Sabbath maniacs!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
        ^^^ Thanks Brother's OID and Ronn !! for your kind comments !!

70s , YOU WON $$$$50 to spend as you choose for Sabbath gems at "Sound Exchange" #973-694-6049 .... Shipping is also covered !!!

JESUS BLESS all you Sabbath maniacs!!!!
        Much thanks, Doc! Can you tell me a bit about what Sound Exchange is?
        ♫Forget all your sorrow, don't live in the past,
        and look to the future, 'cause life goes too fast, you know♫

Comment

• Doc I have a question for you, one I've asked in the past, how many versions of Song For Jim are there, you told me 3 right? One has lyrics, but who has that version, because if I remember correctly BlackSabbathOddities asked Jim himself on his website and he said it doesn't exist, I also asked Jim Simpson on his website and he never answered.

Can you please answer me this question once again, I'd appreciate it immensely and will make a record of it so I don't have to keep asking you.

@70sOzzyBlackSabbath! congratulations on your win, If I may answer for Doc, Sound Exchange is a record shop in Wayne New Jersey, one of the best.
          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post

@70sOzzyBlackSabbath! congratulations on your win, If I may answer for Doc, Sound Exchange is a record shop in Wayne New Jersey, one of the best.
            Thanks, and thanks for answering! I was confused because they don't seem to have a website in which I can browse for records on.

Doc, how do I use the prize money to shop at the Sound Exchange?

Comment

• Originally posted by 70sOzzyBlackSabbath! View Post

Thanks, and thanks for answering! I was confused because they don't seem to have a website in which I can browse for records on.

70’s call the number Doc gave you, tell Art or whoever answers your username that Doc told you to call and put your order in, give the store clerk your mailing info so they can ship your order to you, and call Doc two days before so he can set you up with the store for the prize amount.

Comment

• OzzyIsDio , ^^^ Thanks OID ,, and yes "A Song For Jim" has a "scat" vocal version that became the shorter instrumental version that became the more "improvised" live version ,, look up "A Song For Jim" in the BSO forum search engine for much more info that I wrote somewhere here in the past ... hope that helps buddy ,, God Bless.

Originally posted by 70sOzzyBlackSabbath! View Post

Hey good buddy !! Congrats .... both YOU and OID , need to let me know here in "The Listen" TWO DAYS before you guys go search for your Sabbath gems ... 50 $$ of fun ,,, in your case after letting me know here , I will set it all up for you ,, and then you just call 973-694-6049 ask them how you can view what they have Sabbath wise ,, and it's A LOT ,, and then enjoy picking out your goodies!! Jesus bless

Comment

• I tried searching it Doc, this new search engine sucks, nothing comes up.

I know you said there were four versions.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                    I tried searching it Doc, this new search engine sucks, nothing comes up.

I know you said there were four versions.
                    Lol I tried to
                    I remember seeing the information here a long time ago

If I'm remembering correctly the other version was the same as the first version without any vocals

BACK TO EDEN I hope I win the next giveaway
                    70sOzzyBlackSabbath! Congrats \m/

Comment

• Thanks ronn! Much appreciated

Comment

• Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                        OzzyIsDio , ^^^ Thanks OID ,, and yes "A Song For Jim" has a "scat" vocal version that became the shorter instrumental version that became the more "improvised" live version ,, look up "A Song For Jim" in the BSO forum search engine for much more info that I wrote somewhere here in the past ... hope that helps buddy ,, God Bless.

Jesus bless

Found it Doc, I'll keep a record of this:
                        1. Song For Jim (instrumental)
                        2. Song For Jim (with 'scratch' vocals)
                        3. Song For Jim (live, without vocals)
                        4. Song For Jim (2nd live version without lyrics)
                        Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 06-14-2020, 12:27 PM.

Comment

• Hopefully someday Iommi will release a Sabbath goodies bag of all the rare Sabbath, even if he deems it unworthy.

Comment

• Another link: https://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/for...196#post626196

Comment

• Hello Doc! This here is my notice that two days from now, I'll call the Sound Exchange to see what Sabbath goodness they have in stock!

Comment

• Doc Sound Exchange is open I just called. Will let you know when I'm going, possibly this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X