No announcement yet.

The listen!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAVE WALKER "JRS EYES" , lyrics are actually quite good , this is one of my favorite Sabbath extras , song reminds me in a lot of ways of Elvis in the ghetto , I in my own way get easily as much pleasure , in a different way , listening to this version as I do listening to the NSD version... and the NSD version is one of the best moments in Sabbath lore!! ...NSD , is a fantastic album!!!

YES , nib2 has dehumanizer / looser gets it all , written all over it , it really is a great song , the drums are awesome!!

Originally posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post
    Tastes like spicy water, then we could cruise about in your Lamborghini with sabbath blasting out

So ave you heard any of these un-released tracks then doc?
    I hope we get another acoustic/experimental/obscure type one out the four!
    Sabbath in the Lambo sounds like an idea!! ....if your looking for methademic intro , start to pariah , or even the feel of pariah during the guitar solo , you will be pleased with what I have heard thus far , and info I have gotten so far.... there is some serious different stuff happening here with the other releases to come!!!

Be Well All

Comment

• Doc, I left you a PM
      www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
        SWEET , may have a certain vinyl in for you soon...
        Much appreciated Doc!!
        Still finding time to jam "13" every day, still in awe of it all!! Sends chills down my spine, it's that good..

Comment

DAVE WALKER "JRS EYES" , lyrics are actually quite good , this is one of my favorite Sabbath extras , song reminds me in a lot of ways of Elvis in the ghetto , I in my own way get easily as much pleasure , in a different way , listening to this version as I do listening to the NSD version... and the NSD version is one of the best moments in Sabbath lore!! ...NSD , is a fantastic album!!!

YES , nib2 has dehumanizer / looser gets it all , written all over it , it really is a great song , the drums are awesome!!

Sabbath in the Lambo sounds like an idea!! ....if your looking for methademic intro , start to pariah , or even the feel of pariah during the guitar solo , you will be pleased with what I have heard thus far , and info I have gotten so far.... there is some serious different stuff happening here with the other releases to come!!!

Be Well All
          Sounds good!,
          I love the acoustic start of methademic, my fav bit of the song!
          Any guess on when the last of the tracks will be released?
          Going purely of the song titles alone I'm most looking forward to hearing cry all night.
          Best wishes y'all
          Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Comment

• Mr. NOW IN DARKNESS

Doc, asked me to tell you to call Art today wth your mailing address. I sent you a PM with the number. Art is expecting your call.
            www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• I was telling Doc today that I am really shocked no one has ever mentioned how much the intro to END OF THE BEGINNING sounds Just like the intro of "THE SPELL" from IOMMI'S FUSED album.

I mean its as close at it could possibly be without being a carbon copy. Great stuff... But its odd the hear the different take a vocalist like Glenn Hughes takes on it VS the take of a more melodic based singer like Ozzy. Same riff, with two different worlds of vocals.
              Last edited by axeman_12656; 06-25-2013, 12:27 PM.
              www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• Doc, I called Art today. He has my correct address, so I cannot begin to speculate why the MOR deluxe never arrived. This will be a first in my life that a parcel has gone missing. 2-3 weeks is the norm from the U.S..

Still loving 13. Great album. Mrs NID loves it every bit as much as me and also loves the deluxe box I got her for her birthday. She has always been a Sabbath fan, but she's getting real hooked lately.

Yes, I love Loner. It's my theme song.

What's happened to our friend ronn these days?

Look, I know that there is a lot of debate over the best frontman, etc, but can anyone deny that Ozzy is just the most incredible fit for Tony and Geezer? The man is trivialized, at times, but he is incredible on so many levels.

The deluxe box is cool, and the DVD is a real neat touch. Glad we splurged for the big treat.
                Last edited by Now in Darkness; 06-25-2013, 03:20 PM.
                Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
                  The deluxe box is cool, and the DVD is a real neat touch. Glad we splurged for the big treat.
                  The DVD is great. I only wish it were longer. But now that we know the songs so well its nice to go back and watch it and the studio clips and hear the songs in a developmental stage. I'm with you NID. I love to hear Dio, as I told Doc i'm a big Glenn Hughes fan. That stuff is AMAZING! But Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler with Ozzy Osbourne is a whole different level. It invited the genre and it continues to re-invent the genre today!!
                  www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by axeman_12656 View Post

I was telling Doc today that I am really shocked no one has ever mentioned how much the intro to END OF THE BEGINNING sounds Just like the intro of "THE SPELL" from IOMMI'S FUSED album.

I mean its as close at it could possibly be without being a carbon copy. Great stuff... But its odd the hear the different take a vocalist like Glenn Hughes takes on it VS the take of a more melodic based singer like Ozzy. Same riff, with two different worlds of vocals.
                    Yes you are right it's exactly, alike, that's one of my favorite songs on Fused, a lot of good stuff on that album.

Hope you guys don't mind if I crash your listening party, but...I wouldn't say those two riffs are CC, but they certainly are similar. Tony's had few intro riffs like this; the song Black Sabbath started it all, but listen to Shadow of the Wind from the Dio years CD, it's very similar as well. I listened to the intros to End of the Beginning, the spell and Shadow back to back and they are very similar. Just my 2 cents...
                    And if the sun never shined on us, the night time has fruit of the vine High on Fire-Brother in the Wind

Comment

• JOE S , every time I log on and see that cartoon of Sabbath on the front page I JUST SMILE , love it!!!

NID , YOUR MOR DELUX IS ON ITS WAY!!!!!!

AXEMAN , YOUR POSTERS ARE ON THERE WAY!!!

LINN , YOUR CAL JAM EXTENDED IS ON ITS WAY!!!!

JIM , have no clue what you are reading , but what makes Sabbath , BLACK FN SABBATH , is the diversity of all 5 era's... as for LIVE , IAN does the single best version of the track black Sabbath I have ever heard , DIO TAKES THE OZZY MATERIAL LIVE TO THE NEXT FRIGGIN LEVEL , ray is insane with the dio material , MARTIN does it all friggin awesome..... GIVE ME EVERYTHING SABBATH , it is all friggin amazing , I don't want to be limited from experiencing the true essence of magic!!!!

WHAT SEPERATES DEAR FATHER , this track is the quintessential OZZY ERA track , a bona fide monster , yet this track would be a masterpiece HUGHES ERA piece , take DEP's "TIME IS THE HEALER" , this track would fit right in there , or right off IOMMI or FUSED.... Ian would make this song so evil if it was thrown on BORN AGAIN , and just the thought of Ronnie taking control of this monster gives me goose bumps!!! ...but this song fits no era quite as well as it would right off of CP , or even like KISS OF DEATH off FORBIDDEN , this song would be such a killer MARTIN ERA track!!!

guys , DEAR FATHER could have been the only song released on "13" , and I would still be going friggin APE!!!! ...I have not a clue if this is my favorite track are not , sure seems like it , but no clue , cause every track here is so friggin awesome!!! ...but , HANDS DOWN FOR ME THE PERFECT CLOSER TO THIS EPIC RELEASE , no question!!

Then you have EOTB , DAMAGE SOUL , and AGE OF REASON ... I am still utterly dumb founded how spectacular of a track from every possible angle EOTB is , song is ridiculous!!! ...and then just knowing that DAMAGE SOUL exist on this record , some how makes all the other tracks that much more!! ...and now it comes down to this , just how great actually is AGE OF REASON , quite frankly one of the best tracks I have ever heard , song is so strong it is frightening!!!

....then you follow these tracks with 2 of the most incredible rockers , I mean really , LONER and LIVE FOREVER make this release perfect!!! ....and they allow you to just appreciate the amazing flow of this entire disc , just awesomeness!!!!!

....and now the triple catch to this state of the art presentation we call "13" , GID? , ZEITGEIST , and DISC 2 ... when i'm listening to 13 , you know every friggin day , this is where I just stop and say WOW , ...GID? has truly turned out to be all that and more , the song is just breath taking , and every time I hear it , it flies by , in many ways it is the most complete song on 13 , yes I mean it , it is , in a lot of ways!!! ....the 2ND DISC just stops me in my tracks every time , cause all 4 songs are sensational , and the fact that there is at least 4 more tracks to come , just think how epic that actually is , crazy insane intensity still to come!!! ...and the 2 I have heard deliver in spades!!!!

ZEITGEIST , oh yes ZEITGEIST , what do we have here , ya , that's right , this is the track baby , this right here goes head to head with DEAR FATHER as the crown jewel of the "13" art , in a word , my friggin goodness!!!! ...ya that's 3 words , that's what HAPPENS TO ME WHEN I BREAK OUT BLACK FN SABBATH , i'm all over the place

BILLY "the man , the myth , the legend" UNDERDOG , what can I say but thank you!!!! ...guys , I have 6 doc's who run my clinic's , I go in maybe 12 days a year , pretty much retired at 37 , yesterday I go in see over 200 patients , just happen to be there for a NJ magazine "best doctors" cover shoot , wish my wife was home , I have the koolest pic of me that will be on the cover , I would throw it on here , but without her i'm clueless , ...and as i'm healing the world , A PACKAGE ARRIVES , from a man in friggin NORWAY , to me that's like getting a package from outer friggin space.... but it came from a guy that I told 3 times , don't worry about it , and that guy is "the man" Billy U , thank you my brother!!!!! ...CAN'T WAIT TO LISTEN!!!!

Originally posted by danmac View Post
                      Hope you guys don't mind if I crash your listening party, but...I wouldn't say those two riffs are CC, but they certainly are similar. Tony's had few intro riffs like this; the song Black Sabbath started it all, but listen to Shadow of the Wind from the Dio years CD, it's very similar as well. I listened to the intros to End of the Beginning, the spell and Shadow back to back and they are very similar. Just my 2 cents...
                      feel free , let us enjoy your insight and thoughts... adding SHADOW OF THE WIND , fantastic friggin track , to the mix , was a brilliant thought on your part brother , no doubt , spot on!!!

DANMAC , JORDAN , DEVSTORM , PRIMUS67 , SPIRAL , SWEET(actually I believe you already have yours) , if you need the stellar track NIB2 , order it from cd japan , the shm cd , sounds amazing!!! ..AND I WILL COVER THE COST AND SHIPPING , "NO WORRIES" !!!!!

Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
                      The DVD is great. I only wish it were longer. But now that we know the songs so well its nice to go back and watch it and the studio clips and hear the songs in a developmental stage. I'm with you NID. I love to hear Dio, as I told Doc i'm a big Glenn Hughes fan. That stuff is AMAZING! But Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler with Ozzy Osbourne is a whole different level. It invited the genre and it continues to re-invent the genre today!!
                      Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
                      Doc, I called Art today. He has my correct address, so I cannot begin to speculate why the MOR deluxe never arrived. This will be a first in my life that a parcel has gone missing. 2-3 weeks is the norm from the U.S..

Still loving 13. Great album. Mrs NID loves it every bit as much as me and also loves the deluxe box I got her for her birthday. She has always been a Sabbath fan, but she's getting real hooked lately.

Yes, I love Loner. It's my theme song.

What's happened to our friend ronn these days?

Look, I know that there is a lot of debate over the best frontman, etc, but can anyone deny that Ozzy is just the most incredible fit for Tony and Geezer? The man is trivialized, at times, but he is incredible on so many levels.

Plane n simple , the ozzy era has so much nostalgia , it makes the epic "13" , well friggin EPIC!!! ....it made there 9th studio release with ozzy , 20th studio release over all "REUNION" nearly friggin DOUBLE PLATNIUM!!!! ...and lets face it those first 8 albums are what music is all about , they are everything , brilliant and diverse to the highest degree , ozzy is a monster!!! ..all 10 studio releases jaw dropping sensational!!!! ...and those first 8 , INCLUDING THE MASTERPIECE TECHNICAL ECSTASY , and the GEM NEVER SAY FRIGGIN DIE are un stoppable amazing!!!!

...those 8 are unreal , but what follows is rock music history , HEAVEN N HELL comes out every bit as good are better then 6 of the first 8 , and MOB RULES follows right behind that trail created by H N H , and neither is the best DIO lead Sabbath release , the guy is a friggin BEAST!!!! ....then you take BORN AGAIN , a Sabbath animal all of its own , that when I hear it , no Sabbath album makes me more proud , amazing heavy friggin brilliant music , WOW!!!

And to be honest the era that excites me at times the most , is the hughes era , all 5 Sabbath releases are epic , 2 in the top 7 , IOMMI and FUSED!!!! ...AND THE MARTIN ERA IS WHAT TAKES SABBATH TO THAT CULT LEVEL , is has some of the best material ever to be written , amazing Sabbath galore!!!! ...the essence of Sabbath is the accumulation of all 5 era's , all 27 studio releases , IN FACT WHAT MAKES LISTENING TO THE FIRST 8 SO SENSATIONAL , IS KNOWING THAT THERE IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH MORE THAT MAKES UP THE "NAME" BLACK FRIGGIN SABBATH!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
                      I was telling Doc today that I am really shocked no one has ever mentioned how much the intro to END OF THE BEGINNING sounds Just like the intro of "THE SPELL" from IOMMI'S FUSED album.

AXE , this is so spot on , such a great observant thought , love that you had said this to me as I was thinking the same friggin thing!!!!!

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio
                      Yes you are right it's exactly, alike, that's one of my favorite songs on Fused, a lot of good stuff on that album.
                      oid , hope your doing awesome my great Sabbath brother , part of what makes Sabbath so special , is knowing that this epic release FUSED is just a push of a button away!!!!! ...THE SPELL IS AWESOME!!!

Originally posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post
                      Sounds good!,
                      I love the acoustic start of methademic, my fav bit of the song!
                      Any guess on when the last of the tracks will be released?
                      Going purely of the song titles alone I'm most looking forward to hearing cry all night.
                      Best wishes y'all
                      CRY ALL NIGHT raw , is like when I heard eotb raw , feelings that just make you lost for words how incredible Sabbath is!!!

Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
                      Much appreciated Doc!!
                      Still finding time to jam "13" every day, still in awe of it all!! Sends chills down my spine, it's that good..
                      No prob , will keep you posted... love that your sooooo enjoying 13!!!!! ...SWEET , LIVE FOREVER "...to bathe in heaven's light" , grabs me every time...

RONN , as NID said "where the heck are you!!!!" ...listening to friggin 13 , I just know it!!!!!

JESUS BLESS ALL....

Comment

• Left you a PM Doc.
                        Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

DANMAC , JORDAN , DEVSTORM , PRIMUS67 , SPIRAL , SWEET(actually I believe you already have yours) , if you need the stellar track NIB2 , order it from cd japan , the shm cd , sounds amazing!!! ..AND I WILL COVER THE COST AND SHIPPING , "NO WORRIES" !!!!!

No prob , will keep you posted... love that your sooooo enjoying 13!!!!! ...SWEET , LIVE FOREVER "...to bathe in heaven's light" , grabs me every time...
                          I've got mine, thanks, Doc. The Best Buy edition, I'll keep an eye on CD Japan though. The SHM CD may be too much to pass up!

Thanks again Doc! That moment just stops me in my tracks!!

Comment

• Sorry doc my friend but gave born again a try and that album can't even light a match to any of the ozzy/dio ones.
                            Singing is dire,
                            Music is dire
                            And production is dire.
                            Feel free to class me as a non-worthy sab fan if you want, but it's just not sabbath!
                            It's rubbish!

Edit - aw crap, I didn't mean to pee you off doc, just when you compare it to 1987 or black in back it's a bit shite.

Edit 2 - post your front cover doc pic dude that'll be cool, also that will lay to rest all the nay-Sayers that think your using sabbath as a vehicle to get people into your religious beliefs.

Edit 3 - us Brits are evolved and religion free...... Lol

Edit 4 - Jesus was the ULTIMATE rebel, he wouldn't want us following any man-distorted book!
                            Last edited by Spiralarchitectx1; 06-28-2013, 02:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio
                              Spiral tell me it's not true brother! Born Again, is one of the best non-Ozzy/Sabbath albums, Trashed, Zero The Hero, Disturbing The Priest, Keep It Warm, Hot Line, Born Again, all awesome great songs.

Born Again sounds more Sabbathy than the Dio albums to me.
                              I wish it was the case, may have to call perry mason on this one bud. Just not my cup of tea at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio
                                Oh well, we all have different tastes brother.
                                You not like ozzmosis more than Born again bro?

Edit - your the Christian grey of the sabbath world doc!, love you with all my heart dude,
                                www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl6fyhZ0G5E
                                Last edited by Spiralarchitectx1; 06-28-2013, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X