The listen!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post
    Guys, discuss the music. NOT EACH OTHER.
    Will do,
    After having another,sober listen to born again and getting over the initial shock of Gillian's voice and the production I have warmed to it slightly.
    The title track is a strong song!,
    Trashed is also a grower,
    Surprised by just how different sounding this album is to the others.
    Kinda remains me of a st.anger type sound/garage vibe.
    Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Comment

• Very cool post oid!!

Your correct, all sabbath fans are brothers dude!,

Gonna give born again a few more spins bud.

Comment

• Hey Doc! How are you? Loving Radio City and 13 -listening to them constantly!
        Just thought I would drop in and wish you well! --and greetings my other Sabbath brothers
        Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

• Doc - your one of the greatest human beings I've ever had the privilege to type with,
          Love you loads stranger in a strange lands(my fav maiden song!),

Log on if you can bro.

wasted years s my fav song!

The best ever maiden song......!
          www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOVzXYEU3Bk

Also an em fan WAY before the others!
          Last edited by Spiralarchitectx1; 06-30-2013, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• I love Black Sabbath!!

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio
              Thank you Spiral, by the way have you given Forbidden a spin? I love that album, just finished listening to it, that CD has me hooked, I like every single song on it.

My favorites being, Illusion Of Power, Get A Grip, Can't Get Close Enough, Shaking Off The Chains, I Won't Cry For You, Forbidden.

This is the Tony Martin era CD I listen to most.
              No oid mate,
              The only albums left for me to try that are easily available are the forbidden idol and seventh star on I-tunes,
              I'm gonna wait to see the winner of the tony Martin era thread that now in darkness started, order the cd and if I like it I'll get the rest. If I don't I'll send the cd either to joe to give away or one of you guys if anyone is struggling to get hold of them.

Comment

• ******"hanging by a thread" , if it stands as is , loooook the frig ooooout!!!!!!********

To answer some fast questions , if I was "rick" doing "13" I would have made DEAR FATHER the last track , for it is the only true book end track to similar themes as the track "black Sabbath" , I would NOT have a guitar solo in this track , brilliant idea , I would NO MATTER WHAT ATTACH THE RAIN TO THIS TRACK , fits like a perfect glove to end the first album of this double release!!!

I would also take the aw inspiring epic EOTB , with all its twist n turns , and emotion and feel , and make it the OPENER to this grand reference landmark album!!!! ...Also if it were me , the one of a kind epic AGE OF REASON I would put smack down in the middle of this amazing recording , at about track 5 , and I would let the track end on a off color note , giving it that alive feel , and I WOULD NOT CHANGE THE DRUMS TO THIS TRACK AT ALL!!

I would also put to start the 2nd album of this double release , WHILE WAITING FOR THE OTHER 4 TRACKS , "methademic" , "peace of mind" , "pariah" , and "nib2" ....4 grab you by the balls type of monster tracks!!! ....but "hey" , that's just me...

PEACE OF MIND is very fastly (is that even a word) becoming tied for the BEST track on this entire release , with DEAR FATHER and ZEITGEIST!!!! ... "13" is a friggin brilliant album!!!!!

PARIAH is hands down on par with the epic EOTB , AGE OF REASON , and DAMAGE SOUL , song is awesome , solo is one of a kind , a very non iommi type of solo ,love it!!!!

LIVE FOREVER is the 2nd most classic sounding track , peace of mind being first , and no track would come off better live then LIVE FOREVER!!!!

What is such true genius on this record is how tracks like GID? , METHADEMIC and esp NIB2 , just keep getting better and better and friggin BETTER!!!!

THE LYRICS and OZZY'S voice to DEAR FATHER are some of the best moments on this entire album , in fact OZZY on this entire release is sensational , OZZY does such an amazing job track after track , one has to just stop , smile and clap....he is that great , his voice is stellar!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you kidding me , BILL WARD , is in a league all his own , if your a drummer you already know what I mean ... when you take a simple clip like this , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP0vyyu1D2A , and you play it with such rhythm , feel and character , your simply the one and only!!!!!! ...can't wait for "14"!!!!

Dio has 5 ground breaking Sabbath albums....period!!! ...Sabbath got better and better BECAUSE OF ALL THE LINE UP CANGES , that is what makes Sabbath so incredible , and not boring crap , like everyone else... IT IS ALL SABBATH!!!! ...and ps , there is not an album anywhere better then DEHUMANIZER!!

WISHING WELL , one of the greatest , most significant tracks in Sabbath history... the lyrics , drums , and bass are some of the best of all time!!

ETERNAL IDOL , in me eyes is THE DEFFINITION of SABBATH!!!

There is not a less then ground breaking track on SABOTAGE!!!! ....THE FIRST SIDE , "well lets get real , there isn't a better side any where in the world" ...but the second side is where it truly gets interesting "THRILL OF IT ALL" is the "SINS OF THE FATHER" of the ozzy era , it should be talked about MUCH more , so underrated!! ..."SUPERTZAR" is friggin brilliant , are you kidding me , this track is so friggin awesome it is not even funny!!!! ..."AM I GOING INSANE" ozzy's phrasing and melody's in this track are some of the best on the whole record , it is these different type tracks , that gives SABOTAGE such character!!!!

....do i have to even mention "THE WRIT" , didn't think soo...

BY THE WAY JUST LIKE TECHNICAL ECSTACY with YOU WON'T CHANGE ME , GYPSY , ALL MOVING PARTS , and DIRTY WOMEN , IS REALLY BELIEVE IT OR NOT IN THE "OZZY ERA" ONLY MATCHED BY "13" for some of the best guitar solo's of all time with EOTB , LONER ( my goodness that 2nd solo!!!!) , AGE OF REASON , DAMAGE SOUL , and PARIAH.... well OZZY'S vocals on SABOTAGE are only matched by DEHUMANIZER and HEADLESS CROSS for the best vocals on planet earth!!!

****side note , STRANGE HIGHWAYS , could possibly be the best non Sabbath era vocals I have ever heard..**** , one of any way , and one of the very best dio releases..

TOMMY'S DRUM SOLO live in Melbourne is a friggin TEN in SPADES!!!!!

2013 live in japan , Sabbath are tight as a drum!!!!

YES WE ARE DOING SOME "TDYK" , some "MYTHOLOGY" and starting "NEVER SAY DIE" during "13" !!!!!! ...I love NSD every bit as much as PARANOID!!!

Man the 7th greatest Sabbath song of all time "FAIRY'S WEAR BOOTS" is incredible live in Melbourne!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JORDAN , left you a name and number in a PM , give that gentleman a call , give him your name and address and we will send you out some gems , SABBATH'S 26 STUDIO RELEASE "WHO CARES" and a nice boot or 2!!! let me know here when you have given Art your info... ...also i put u on a list for THE BLACK BOX....

EDDIE , I personally put in the mail for you today a FORBIDDEN/TYR double back , you will love , 2 of the single best albums in history!!

RON PAUL , there is a gem coming in for you , let THELEMECH know if you are still at your same address... then THEL if you could pls tell me...

BILLY UNDERDOG , hope you are loving "13" , great release , in 35 years it will be looked at as a classic.... I can only eat so many scraps do to the rules of the listen , and I devoted my scraps this past week to WARSHIP "the contrary wind" , thank you much my brother!!! ...Favorites thus far are "no good army" , "his eye is on the sparrow" and "awake and dreaming".... guitar and feel of the record very kool , a 70's vibe to some of the material as well , vocals n drums n bass very kool , and dare I say I heard some nice VIOLIN in there!!

SALLY , "THE DIO YEARS" , Sabbath's 24 studio release , THE DEVIL CRIED , SHADOW OF THE WIND , and the extremely under rated EAR IN THE WALL , is on its way to you!!!!

Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
                Will check that out Doc! I know exactly what you mean. Adds another dimension to it! Iommi was always finding these little touches to add to the tracks, obvious example, the guitar intro to Black Sabbath during the post-Ozzy tours.
                Has this sort of foreboding, folky feel to it that just sucks you in and then when he lets rip with the opening chords it just knocks you out!
                PERFECT STATEMENT!!!! ... take a listen to the early versions of SABBRA CADABRA live , listen how kool and swinging that extra outro is by the band , love the lil things Sabbath do!!!! ....left you a PM , and thank you!!

Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
                You're the man Doc!!! I'll say it again. WE CAN'T THANK YOU ENOUGH for everything you do for us. All to share your joy of Black Sabbath with everyone else.
                AXE , thank you for the extremely kind words!!!!! ...take a listen to "SAVIOUR OF THE REAL" off FUSED , one of the single best Sabbath songs of all time , listen how much intensity is found in GLENN HUGHES voice , wow!!! .. and Kenny on drums is just awesome!!

Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
                I'm with you Spiral, although my feelings about Born Again aren't as strongly negative. I think the album is a bit tough to take, especially Gillan's screaming and attempts to be scarey. In my mind it is a caricature of the real Black Sabbath, and the album that I am least proud of. Its the type of album that I listen too, but don't really play for others. The song Born Again is wonderful though, and the album does grow on me, slowly, with each listen. Sorry to offend anyone.....I'm trying to like it. In fact, I just bought an original issue mint promo pressing of the LP....just gorgeous, with its embossed gold promo notice on the front cover.

Spiral, Doc's beliefs are an inextricable part of who he is. We love him for his kindness, but that is simply a reflection of the love of Jesus that lives in his heart. You take him as he comes, just as he does you. Not ragging on you Spiral, not by a long shot, but Doc is our pal, and what makes him a stand-up guy is the very thing that is under protest.

Thank-you for the compliment re: me being one of the biggest Ozzy era fans. I suppose there is some truth to that, because I feel a deep need to guard the sanctity of that era. I love it.
                NID , you being this guy right here is the greatest gift you could ever give me!!!! ...by the way I can almost say without hesitation that the 2nd disc of your MOR delux is going to blow you away!!!! ...DON'T STOP LISTENING TO "BORN AGAIN" , it is the most ozzy era sounding Sabbath release that doesn't have the oz man on it , every track is fantastic , and Ian is sensational!!!! ...also try Sabbath's 26th studio release WHO CARES , out of my mind and holy water are brilliant!!

Originally posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post
                Hangover!,
                Sorry about that doc but I was pretty wasted last night lol, I don't drink all that often nowadays so when I do it hits me like a ton of bricks
                Was looking forward to enjoying a new sabbath album too but was a little disappointed in born again, I seriously thought I was gonna love it what with ward,geezer and iommi on it too, oh well.
                Sorry again for being an arse.
                SPIRAL , you don't have to ever say sorry my man!!!! ...love you buddy , keep listening to "born again" as I see you are , good job!!! ...listen how awesome KEEP IT WARM and DISTURBING THE FRIGGIN PRIEST are!!!!

SPIRAL , iron maiden , killers , number of the beast , piece of mind , and power slave are 5 of the most important metal albums to see the light of day!!! ....somewhere in time very much enjoy myself , "loneliness of the long distance runner!!!!" ...Eminem has an ep that show cases some of his best work , also love the single from 8 mile!!

Very kool that you would send Joe a cd for a give away , only problem is , whatever MARTIN album wins NIDs poll is going to be way to amazing to get rid of , for the fact that all 5 are at the top of the Sabbath game!!!! ...be well my Sabbath brother!!!!

Originally posted by TYR66 View Post
                Doc is the Man , Spiral
                You do what you want but just one suggestion : after the first beer , switch off your computer before bashing him ...
                just saying

except that , you' re a great BSO member !
                TYR66 , thank you for this post , made me have a big smile on my face!!!! ...listen to the mid section of NIB2 , and what Brad does on the drums , that is Sabbath!!!! ...left you a PM , either you are Thelemech call Art and make sure your address is correct , let me know here when you do this , want to send you something!!

Originally posted by Joe Siegler View Post
                Guys, discuss the music. NOT EACH OTHER.
                AMEN brother Joe , Amen!!!! ...Joe your time line page , I use at "the listen" , is a fantastic tool , one of the best things on this already sensational web page!!!

Originally posted by Thelemech View Post
                Hey Doc! How are you? Loving Radio City and 13 -listening to them constantly!
                Just thought I would drop in and wish you well! --and greetings my other Sabbath brothers
                THEL , live at radio city is some amazing live stuff , dio is just to phenomenal of a vocalist even at such a late age , sounds like he is 18 , love this mans voice , it fits Sabbath like a glove!!!! ...also live at Hammersmith can very well be the best live version of WAR PIGS of all time , dio takes this track to another level on the Hammersmith tour , and VINNY does incredible!!! ....will say here as a side note , OZZY is on his game as far as i'm concerned in Melbourne 2013 , wow , love Sabbath!!! ...thanks for the kind words brother!!!

Originally posted by ronn View Post
                I love Black Sabbath!!
                FN LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT BROTHER!!!!!! ....damage soul!!!!

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio
                Thank you Spiral, by the way have you given Forbidden a spin? I love that album, just finished listening to it, that CD has me hooked, I like every single song on it.

My favorites being, Illusion Of Power, Get A Grip, Can't Get Close Enough, Shaking Off The Chains, I Won't Cry For You, Forbidden.

This is the Tony Martin era CD I listen to most.
                OID , just like BORN AGAIN , FORBIDDEN has a very ozzy era feel to the entire album , not as many twist n turns , but the feel is there , great release!!! ...ILLUSION OF POWER is just incredible , including my man ICE T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...OID , you can put your compilations , live albums , boots , etc , right where they fall in the time line of there release , BUT DEF PUT YOUR 27 SABBATH STUDIO RELEASES LIKE THIS: bs , paranoid , mor , vol 4 , sab bloody sab , sabotage , te , nsd , h n h , mr , ba , 7thstar , ei , hc , tyr , dehumanizer , cp , forbidden , 8thstar , reunion , iommi , dep , fused , dio tears , tdyk , who cares , and the double album 13!!!!

black sabbath bitches!!!!!

JESUS BLESS!!!!

Comment

• Hi John, just called and they said Art is not available today and to try tomorrow.
                  Iommi = Sabbath

Comment

• Very cool post doc, thankyou brother

There's an 8th star now? Never heard of that one. Who's playing on it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post
                      Very cool post doc, thankyou brother

There's an 8th star now? Never heard of that one. Who's playing on it?
                      I thought 8th star was the bootleg of the DEP sessions.
                      Iommi = Sabbath

Comment

• Originally posted by Jordan View Post
                        Dunno Jordan, I don't recall seeing it whilst on amazon etc.

Comment

Indeed it is!
                          Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

This is Correct!

It's Glenn Hughes on Vocals! The track TIME IS THE HEALER.... listen to this one and have AGE OF REASON and DEAR FATHER in the back of your mind!!!
                            Last edited by axeman_12656; 07-01-2013, 02:32 PM.
                            www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                              NID , you being this guy right here is the greatest gift you could ever give me!!!! ...by the way I can almost say without hesitation that the 2nd disc of your MOR delux is going to blow you away!!!! ...DON'T STOP LISTENING TO "BORN AGAIN" , it is the most ozzy era sounding Sabbath release that doesn't have the oz man on it , every track is fantastic , and Ian is sensational!!!! ...also try Sabbath's 26th studio release WHO CARES , out of my mind and holy water are brilliant!

JESUS BLESS!!!!
                              Thank-you Doc. Yes, I have been checking the mailbox daily for 2 months in anticipation of this little gem. I can't wait to hear it. I am getting addicted to these deluxe editions. Still loving "13", but I am only allowing myself a maximum of 1-2 listens per week, so that I can keep it fresh. I am going to be staining my back deck today, and will be using one of my listens to brighten up this chore. Also, love all the bonus tracks.

Been indulging in the Tony Martin era like crazy, and am really disappointed by the treatment that his era gets. Good stuff that Martin stuff! He took Sabbath to places that they had never been before, with songs that have some very DEEP political relevance, such as Cross of Thorns and Dying for Love. How this stuff gets passed over is beyond me. Apart from Mob Rules, I'll take Martin over Dio any day of the week. I found, for me personally, learning to love the Martin era is easy, but the listener must absolutely disabuse his or her mind of any comparisons to other eras; then the Martin material can be listened to with fresh ears. That is when the true significance of this music hits home. I love it, and I am really glad to see OID and Jordan getting into/ appreciating it as well.

I agree with you that each Sabbath era brings something to the table and offers the variety that I like in music. One day Ozzy, the next day Martin. It all depends on what I feel like that day.

Today is a public holiday in Canada, but maybe the mailbox will have MOR in it tomorrow!
                              Last edited by Now in Darkness; 07-01-2013, 11:14 PM.
                              Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

• Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN
                                AXE , thank you for the extremely kind words!!!!! ...take a listen to "SAVIOUR OF THE REAL" off FUSED , one of the single best Sabbath songs of all time , listen how much intensity is found in GLENN HUGHES voice , wow!!! .. and Kenny on drums is just awesome!!
                                SAVIOUR OF THE REAL is a great one... Love how it bleeds into RESOLUTION SONG. The thing that I love about Glenn Hughes is the CONVICTION he sings with. The dude truly sings from the heart!! GRACE may be my favorite from that album. With the Bonus Track LET IT DOWN EASY coming in a close 2nd.

LET IT DOWN EASY just doesn't sound like anything Tony has done before or since. I think that is what I like so much about that tune.
                                Last edited by axeman_12656; 07-01-2013, 04:00 PM.
                                www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

Working...
                                X