No announcement yet.

The listen!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll give the early Sabbra Cadabra a listen Doc. You've got a pm, everything's all set.

Comment

• https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...29403114_n.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
        TYR66 , thank you for this post , made me have a big smile on my face!!!! ...listen to the mid section of NIB2 , and what Brad does on the drums , that is Sabbath!!!! ...left you a PM , either you are Thelemech call Art and make sure your address is correct , let me know here when you do this , want to send you something!!

JESUS BLESS!!!!
        endless thanx, like always , doc for your generosity . Can't stop listenning the extra tracks of Fused for few weeks now . "Let it down easy" is a classic .
        and thanx to Thelemech , my good friend for his help !!

Comment

• doc how do you like my profile picture??
          Anyone who doesn't like metal can go xxxx themselves doc!

Comment

• Hey Doc John I tried calling Art again and he wasn't there. I've tried to find an email for him and think I may have so I am going to try that.
            Iommi = Sabbath

Comment

• Originally posted by Jordan View Post
              Hey Doc John I tried calling Art again and he wasn't there. I've tried to find an email for him and think I may have so I am going to try that.
              You usually have to call Art before 2PM EASTERN. You are in California. You may need to call im earlier man. Try calling before 10Am your time.
              www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• "Doc , can you believe how great this new Sabbath album is??" ... everyone who is asking me this the answer is , YES because it's Sabbath!!!! ...and NO , cause it is just so amazingly gooood!!

NO , I do not have any "13" takes with Ward on drums , but they exist , so I would have to believe one day , some how , I will

YES , the 2 tracks I have heard are as good as the 12 we already have..

YES "13" is in my eyes the best iommi guitar work OF THE OZZY ERA , outside of TECHNICAL ECSTACY!!

YES , the 3 bonus tracks off FUSED are beyond brilliant!!!!! ....LET IT DOWN EASY boys!!!!

MYTHOLOGY , is great pre Sabbath , every bit as good as the POLKA TULK BLUES BAND boots , and EARTH boots... love!!!

-song for jim , rebel , and the STELLAR WHEN I CAME DOWN - give us some beautiful insight into SABBATH...

-early jams , and "I can breath" and "morning" , etc , give us an idea of different ideas they can tackle...

-BUT , songs like STEPPIN OUT and HELP ME show us exactly the roots of the true Sabbath sound..

-HELP ME is some of the best guitar work anywhere , could be right off the debut cd!!

-ALL THAT JAZZ , either on purpose or on accident , is where the opening harmonica of THE WIZARD comes from , Chris Smith plays it at least a half dozen times in this track...

-and ROOM WITH A VIEW and SPOONFUL are SABBATH tracks to the max when iommi tackles it , with that amazing Sabbath groove and sound , love these 2 tracks!!

YES , 8TH STAR and DEP , are 2 completely different albums and releases for countless reasons , YES there both SABBATH studio releases , there the 19th and 22nd studio releases.... AND THERE BOTH SPECTACULAR!!!

-different master takes..

-different track listings..

-different engineering..

-different drums..

-different keys...

-different song structure , length , and harmony's..

-many different song titles...

-different drummers , and some have a different keyboard player or 2..

-some different tracks... ALL KILLER!!!

-and 8thstar follows a complete studio release format...

-NO , mythology , polka tulk , earth , Dave Walker , Dave Donato , born again demos , 7thstar instrumentals , star of india , 3 dif eternal idol demos , tyr demos , the 3 sets of dehumanizer demos , forbidden instrumentals , iommi demos , dio years extras , tdyk extras , etc , ... DO NOT FIT THE STUDIO RELEASE CATAGORIES , and therefor are just BEAUTIFUL SABBATH EXTRAS!!! ....there is exactly 27 sab studio releases!!

AXEMAN , you should have your posters today or tomorrow , lets us know brother!!

MICHELE , you should have your HEADLESS CROSS demo/edit/extra/cloak n dagger , let us know!!!

YES , there is 3 different version of the 2009-2011 delux additions , there all fantastic!!

NID , get me the guys phone number who has the $800 forbidden vinyl...

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
                Hey Doc John I tried calling Art again and he wasn't there. I've tried to find an email for him and think I may have so I am going to try that.
                JORDAN , the AXE is correct , call Art before 1:50 NJ time tomorrow and give him your name and address , let me know here when this is done , and some gems will be on there way!!!

Originally posted by ronn View Post
                doc how do you like my profile picture??
                Anyone who doesn't like metal can go xxxx themselves doc!
                Coming from you brother RONN , I love this post!!!! ...listen to NIGHT WING tonite!!!

Originally posted by TYR66 View Post
                endless thanx, like always , doc for your generosity . Can't stop listenning the extra tracks of Fused for few weeks now . "Let it down easy" is a classic .
                and thanx to Thelemech , my good friend for his help !!
                anytime , will let you know when it's on its way to you my brother!!!! ...thank you THEL!!! , any news on RON PAUL , THEL my brother , you are the man!!! ..TYR66 , your kind words don't go unnoticed my sab brother!!! ...AND FUSED IS SENSATIONAL , top 7 Sabbath album of all time!!!

Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
                I'll give the early Sabbra Cadabra a listen Doc. You've got a pm, everything's all set.
                SWEET , thank you much my brother!!!! ...I will let you know when all 4 are in my hands , i'm hoping for some differences , but will love just the same either way , THANK YOU!!!! ...may take a wk or 2 , but want to take with me!!! ....thoughts on the extra live outro to SABBRA CADABRA , would love to know what you think!!!

Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
                SAVIOUR OF THE REAL is a great one... Love how it bleeds into RESOLUTION SONG. The thing that I love about Glenn Hughes is the CONVICTION he sings with. The dude truly sings from the heart!! GRACE may be my favorite from that album. With the Bonus Track LET IT DOWN EASY coming in a close 2nd.

LET IT DOWN EASY just doesn't sound like anything Tony has done before or since. I think that is what I like so much about that tune.
                GREAT POST , I agree across the board!!!! ...man i'm going to go listen to GRACE right now , no joke!!! ...let me know your thoughts on the posters , I haven't even seen them!!! ....news has been going good for you with iommi , and very good with the geezs , keep fingers crossed , will call you for your info when someone gets back to me... be blessed!! ...OH YA "TIME IS THE FRIGGIN HEALER!!!!!"

Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
                Thank-you Doc. Yes, I have been checking the mailbox daily for 2 months in anticipation of this little gem. I can't wait to hear it. I am getting addicted to these deluxe editions. Still loving "13", but I am only allowing myself a maximum of 1-2 listens per week, so that I can keep it fresh. I am going to be staining my back deck today, and will be using one of my listens to brighten up this chore. Also, love all the bonus tracks.

Been indulging in the Tony Martin era like crazy, and am really disappointed by the treatment that his era gets. Good stuff that Martin stuff! He took Sabbath to places that they had never been before, with songs that have some very DEEP political relevance, such as Cross of Thorns and Dying for Love. How this stuff gets passed over is beyond me. Apart from Mob Rules, I'll take Martin over Dio any day of the week. I found, for me personally, learning to love the Martin era is easy, but the listener must absolutely disabuse his or her mind of any comparisons to other eras; then the Martin material can be listened to with fresh ears. That is when the true significance of this music hits home. I love it, and I am really glad to see OID and Jordan getting into/ appreciating it as well.

I agree with you that each Sabbath era brings something to the table and offers the variety that I like in music. One day Ozzy, the next day Martin. It all depends on what I feel like that day.

Today is a public holiday in Canada, but maybe the mailbox will have MOR in it tomorrow!
                your born again is gorgeous!!! ....even better sounding , lets get you this crazy FORBIDDEN!!! ...MOR should be there soon!!! ...and yes keep your friggin stickers on the deluxes , there is 3 different runs , one set the delux logo is part of the plastic slip over...

Originally posted by Thelemech View Post
                Indeed it is!
                True in a sense

Originally posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post
                Very cool post doc, thankyou brother

There's an 8th star now? Never heard of that one. Who's playing on it?
                spiral , 8thstar is BRILLIANT!!!!!

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio
                That is exactly how they are put on my CD rack, minus of course 8th Star and DEP.

Doctor John, I am hooked on Forbidden, with 13 and the Tony Martin CD's I just got, I feel like I have all this new Sabbath to listen to.

Born Again is one of the best Sabbath albums out there, you know how much I love that album, when I listen to Out Of My Mind, off Who Cares, it reminds me of Born Again. And how cool is The Fallen?
                AMEN , and we must get you 8thstar and dep!!!! ...FORBIDDEN and 13 are animals of greatness!!!! ....listen to HOLY WATER!!!!! ....my goodness YES , the fallen is a fabulous track , love!!!!!

...keep rockin all , and have a great 4th!!!!! ....GOD BLESS

Comment

your born again is gorgeous!!! ....even better sounding , lets get you this crazy FORBIDDEN!!! ...MOR should be there soon!!! ...and yes keep your friggin stickers on the deluxes , there is 3 different runs , one set the delux logo is part of the plastic slip over...
                  Doc, you crazy diamond of a saint. No. Never. Not going to happen. The mere fact that you even considered such a thoughtful gesture touches my heart, but there is no way I could let you do that. Good things are worth waiting for, and I will come upon another, more affordable, Forbidden LP someday.

Thanks for supporting my logic regarding stickers, etc, and collectibiliy. I am a big collector, so I shouldn't really be surprised, but I am a little taken aback that so few people understand the basic rules of collecting for investment. I am not saying that everyone should collect for investment, so let's get that clear, but my thought is this: if you are going to buy something to complete your collection, keep it original and mint; it will eventually go up in value. Defaced items are a dime a dozen. Notice that all of my items are stored in ultra clear mylar sleeves? It's all part of the process, and yes, I listen to everything that I own. For anyone that wants to preserve as much value in their items as possible, try to keep them mint and original.

Yes, the Born Again promo LP is beautiful. I have a minimum standard of VG++ to be allowed as part of my collection, otherwise it is out. One day I would like to post some more of my Sabbath treasures, as I have a few. The mere fact that there are still a few LP's out there that I don't have keeps me inspired. God bless buddy. Mrs NID says hello. I don' want to hear another word about the Forbidden LP, but thank-you so much for thinking of me. For now, the hunt, and the thrill of the hunt, continue. I have s spot reserved for Forbidden when that day comes.

Last edited by Now in Darkness; 07-03-2013, 05:13 PM.
                  Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

• Hey Doc - will call tomorrow for TYR66 and yes RP is still at the same address!

God Bless

Cheers
                    Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

GREAT POST , I agree across the board!!!! ...man i'm going to go listen to GRACE right now , no joke!!! ...let me know your thoughts on the posters , I haven't even seen them!!! ....news has been going good for you with iommi , and very good with the geezs , keep fingers crossed , will call you for your info when someone gets back to me... be blessed!! ...OH YA "TIME IS THE FRIGGIN HEALER!!!!!"

Doc, the poster came in today. Thank you for thinking about me with that. It's a beaut. its 22X28 so its good size and thick paper. its the 13 cover. So.... it looks like a giant CD. the color and stuff on it is great. As you know I have a meet and greet with Ozzy in August and I have now picked THIS ITEM, the poster you sent me, to be signed by the great Ozz!! Now, if I am lucky enough to run into my other heros it may just become a piece of history that anyone would want in their collection!!! Hey, you never know. But After the show i'm gonna get it framed. It will be great.

P.S. I'm also taking the METHADEMIC hand written lyrics from the box set to the Ozzy meet and greet for him to sign. I figure that will be a cool piece. I have been trying to decide on another item and as soon as I saw this awesome poster (I Love that Album Cover) I knew this was the item to take with me.

Thank You Doc,
                      Josh
                      www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• Do I tell him Doc sent me, or John?
                        Iommi = Sabbath

Comment

• Either works. He will know. I call him Doctor John.
                          Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

• Hey Doc, live Sabbra Cadabra just adds new facets to the sound. Like the jazzy sections in the early live Behind the Wall of Sleep.. magic.

Comment

• Doc John -

Just got off the phone with Art, he told me to call back when I knew what I wanted. I am not sure what it is that I want as I was just going to leave that up to you since I am just getting into this. He said for you to call him and give him your recommendations.
                              Iommi = Sabbath

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio

[/COLOR]@ Thelemec, Hi Thelemec I just got a call from Doctor John telling me to let you know that you need to make sure that Art has TYRR66 correct name and address today before 2:00pm, or Friday before 2:00pm or Monday before 2:00pm.
                                thank you all , my friends !

Comment

Working...
                                X