The listen!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio
    Hi Jordan, I just got a message from Doctor John telling me to let you know, that you need to call Art before 2:00pm New Jersey time today, or Friday before 2:00 N.J. time or Monday before 2:00 pm NJ time with the correct name and address and Doc will take care of the rest.

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

@ Thelemec, Hi Thelemec I just got a call from Doctor John telling me to let you know that you need to make sure that Art has TYRR66 correct name and address today before 2:00pm, or Friday before 2:00pm or Monday before 2:00pm.
    I already called Art. John has my address.
    Iommi = Sabbath

Comment

Hi Jordan, I just got a message from Doctor John telling me to let you know, that you need to call Art before 2:00pm New Jersey time today, or Friday before 2:00 N.J. time or Monday before 2:00 pm NJ time with the correct name and address and Doc will take care of the rest.

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

@ Thelemec, Hi Thelemec I just got a call from Doctor John telling me to let you know that you need to make sure that Art has TYRR66 correct name and address today before 2:00pm, or Friday before 2:00pm or Monday before 2:00pm.
      Thanks for the heads up - I was busy this morning (sorry TYR66) so I will call on Friday.
      Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

No problem Thelemech, anytime brother, glad to be of some help to you and Doctor John.
        Hey OID, just to clarify, I did call Art today but he told me that Dr. John should let him know what to send me, I am not sure if Dr. called Art and let him know what to send or not, but I just thought I should clarify
        Iommi = Sabbath

Comment

If Doctor John calls me again Jordan, I will ask him if he let Art know what to send you, and let you know via PM.

By the way how are you liking the Forbidden CD, you got the other day?
          Thanks a lot bro! I've listened to it and I like it quite a bit, probably the weakest of the Martin era albums in my opinion but it does have quite a few good songs. I particularly enjoy Forbidden, Rusty Angels, Get a Grip.
          Iommi = Sabbath

Comment

• amazing day JET SKIING , wave running , and sky diving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES!!! YES!!!! YES!!!!! ....I have heard and own ruff versions of "HANGING BY A THREAD" and "CRY ALL NIGHT" .....one breath taking the other gorgeous!!!!

YES , I told AXE and everyone at the Verona listen that "I'M NO ANGEL" became "PARIAH" , i'm not 100 percent sure of this , but one of my inside guys told me this back in April....

Anyone who doesn't think Ronnie James Dio is the most sensational vocalist for Sabbath or just technically amazing ...period , I just can't help those poor people

IAN is a friiiiiggggiiiinnnnn beast on BORN AGAIN!!!!!

Originally posted by Thelemech View Post
            Thanks for the heads up - I was busy this morning (sorry TYR66) so I will call on Friday.
            THEL , DON'T YOU EVER SAY SORRY TO ANY OF US!!!! ...you are making it much easier on me to send gems to RON PAUL and TYR66 , we owe you a big fn thank you!!!!! ....when ever you let Art know just let me know here and I will do the rest.... by the way outside of OID , you were the original guinea pig to see if I was who I said I was or if I was some kind of nut!!!! u da man bra!!!!

Originally posted by TYR66 View Post
            thank you all , my friends !
            TYR66 , I got 2 gems ready to go for your listening enjoyment my SABBATH BROTHER!!!!!!

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio
            If Doctor John calls me again Jordan, I will ask him if he let Art know what to send you, and let you know via PM.

By the way how are you liking the Forbidden CD, you got the other day?
            OID , what can I say , you help me all the time brother , thank you!!!!!! ...KISS OF DEATH IS A TOP 5 ALBUM CLOSER OF ALL TIME!!!!!

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
            Thanks a lot bro! I've listened to it and I like it quite a bit, probably the weakest of the Martin era albums in my opinion but it does have quite a few good songs. I particularly enjoy Forbidden, Rusty Angels, Get a Grip.
            JORDAN , I have 3 gifts for you , and have you on a list for 2 others.... I'M SORRY ART IS A PAIN IN THE ASS , but I NEED YOU TO CALL HIM AGAIN , AND "JUST" GIVE HIM YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS , not me , cause I get like ten PM's a day , it is easier to give Art the info , WHEN HE HAS YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS , "TELL ME HERE" , and you will be in Sabbath bliss my brother!!

Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
            Hey Doc, live Sabbra Cadabra just adds new facets to the sound. Like the jazzy sections in the early live Behind the Wall of Sleep.. magic.
            SWEET , have I thanked you for being you lately , if not , THANK YOU!!!!! ...can't wait to download what you left me!!!! ...perfect example BEHIND THE WALL OF SLEEP OUTRO!!!!!

Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
            Doc, the poster came in today. Thank you for thinking about me with that. It's a beaut. its 22X28 so its good size and thick paper. its the 13 cover. So.... it looks like a giant CD. the color and stuff on it is great. As you know I have a meet and greet with Ozzy in August and I have now picked THIS ITEM, the poster you sent me, to be signed by the great Ozz!! Now, if I am lucky enough to run into my other heros it may just become a piece of history that anyone would want in their collection!!! Hey, you never know. But After the show i'm gonna get it framed. It will be great.

P.S. I'm also taking the METHADEMIC hand written lyrics from the box set to the Ozzy meet and greet for him to sign. I figure that will be a cool piece. I have been trying to decide on another item and as soon as I saw this awesome poster (I Love that Album Cover) I knew this was the item to take with me.

Thank You Doc,
            Josh
            how FRIGGIN kool is that poster , Art said it is a prototype , one of a kind , I never saw it , enjoy my brother!!!!!! ....want to make this IOMMI/GEEZER/TOMMY thing happen for you!!!!

Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
            Doc, you crazy diamond of a saint. No. Never. Not going to happen. The mere fact that you even considered such a thoughtful gesture touches my heart, but there is no way I could let you do that. Good things are worth waiting for, and I will come upon another, more affordable, Forbidden LP someday.

Thanks for supporting my logic regarding stickers, etc, and collectibiliy. I am a big collector, so I shouldn't really be surprised, but I am a little taken aback that so few people understand the basic rules of collecting for investment. I am not saying that everyone should collect for investment, so let's get that clear, but my thought is this: if you are going to buy something to complete your collection, keep it original and mint; it will eventually go up in value. Defaced items are a dime a dozen. Notice that all of my items are stored in ultra clear mylar sleeves? It's all part of the process, and yes, I listen to everything that I own. For anyone that wants to preserve as much value in their items as possible, try to keep them mint and original.

Yes, the Born Again promo LP is beautiful. I have a minimum standard of VG++ to be allowed as part of my collection, otherwise it is out. One day I would like to post some more of my Sabbath treasures, as I have a few. The mere fact that there are still a few LP's out there that I don't have keeps me inspired. God bless buddy. Mrs NID says hello. I don' want to hear another word about the Forbidden LP, but thank-you so much for thinking of me. For now, the hunt, and the thrill of the hunt, continue. I have s spot reserved for Forbidden when that day comes.

NID , get me this clowns number , I will get you that FORBIDDEN!!!!! ....love that pic!!!! ....by the way "THERE IS FIVE EQUAL ERA'S OF SABBATH!!!!!"

OK I'M DONE ALL , HAPPY FRIGGIN 4TH , AND MAY JESUS BLESS YOU ALL ALWAYS!!!!!

Comment

• Doc John thanks a lot my friend! You are the best and an awesome guy, much love to you bro.
              Iommi = Sabbath

Comment

• Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                YES , I told AXE and everyone at the Verona listen that "I'M NO ANGEL" became "PARIAH" , i'm not 100 percent sure of this , but one of my inside guys told me this back in April....
                Doc, MikeX also said on his thread that I'M NO ANGEL is indeed PARIAH. Your guys are right on. The case in closed on this one.

I do love the poster. thanks again.

Have a great holiday my friend!!!
                www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• Happy 4th Doc!!!!
                  Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

SWEET , have I thanked you for being you lately , if not , THANK YOU!!!!! ...can't wait to download what you left me!!!! ...perfect example BEHIND THE WALL OF SLEEP OUTRO!!!!!
                    Right back at you Doc!! Enjoy them, I know you will!

Comment

• Originally posted by Thelemech View Post
                      No need to be sorry , mate , you do so much for me !
                      take your time , my friend
                      Happy Independance day !

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post

TYR66 , I got 2 gems ready to go for your listening enjoyment my SABBATH BROTHER!!!!!!
                      I' m hungry now , doc !!
                      endless thanx , bro'.

"We chose what Lord Deep within our souls,
                      he's not one thing Ooh,
                      we are his spirit
                      We could save this world from destruction day"

ETERNAL IDOL

Comment

• Hey doc, i did PM you, but it seems like it didn't get trough.

What did you think about the album?
                        95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                        Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

• Originally posted by TYR66 View Post
                          We chose what Lord Deep within our souls,
                          he's not one thing Ooh,
                          we are his spirit
                          We could save this world from destruction day"[/I]
                          ETERNAL IDOL
                          ONE OF THE SINGLE GREATEST TRACKS IN THE HISTORY OF OUR EARTH!!!! ...love people who know ALL Sabbath!!!!

Originally posted by SweetSymptom View Post
                          Right back at you Doc!! Enjoy them, I know you will!
                          In the alternate HAND OF DOOM , when ozzy says trip a lot on 6 of the early 70s shows , listen to the triplet fill on BASS that geezer does to finish the sentence....AWESOME!!!!

Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
                          Happy 4th Doc!!!!
                          love the collectors corner and the 3 era poll threads your doing , you are bringing a lot to this forum!!! ...THERE IS ALOT OF FAMOUS PEOPLE , INSIDE PEOPLE , PEOPLE IN THE KNOW who read "the listen" , post that pic of the forbidden here , let us see if we can find one for you.... or just get me this guys number

Originally posted by axeman_12656 View Post
                          Doc, MikeX also said on his thread that I'M NO ANGEL is indeed PARIAH. Your guys are right on. The case in closed on this one.

I do love the poster. thanks again.

Have a great holiday my friend!!!
                          love MIKE-X , he is the man!!! ...ya had a great deal of confidence that was accurate , but unless i'm a 100 percent , I try to be careful ...thanks brother for letting me know..

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio
                          I was listening to Tyr today, I really dig the song Heaven In Black, and of course Anno Mundi, like NID said in another thread, we have 5 eras of Sabbath we can enjoy, kind of 6 with the Ray Gillen sessions, one era for whatever mood we are in, with that special Black magic of Tony Iommi to keep us in Black Sabbath bliss.
                          TYR IS BRILLIANT!!!!!! ....FEELS GOOD TO ME SENSATIONAL!!!!!

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
                          Doc John thanks a lot my friend! You are the best and an awesome guy, much love to you bro.
                          IOMMI IS SABBATH YOUR ONE BILLION PERCENT CORRECT!!!!!!!!!!!! ...got your PM , he should be there today before 2 , or Monday before 2!! ...will look for a Sabbath stones for you , probably the single best Sabbath compilation ever made!!!

Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                          Hey doc, i did PM you, but it seems like it didn't get trough.

What did you think about the album?
                          BILLY , my first two post on this wonderful gem you sent me are below , ....

BILLY "the man , the myth , the legend" UNDERDOG , what can I say but thank you!!!! ...guys , I have 6 doc's who run my clinic's , I go in maybe 12 days a year , pretty much retired at 37 , yesterday I go in see over 200 patients , just happen to be there for a NJ magazine "best doctors" cover shoot , wish my wife was home , I have the koolest pic of me that will be on the cover , I would throw it on here , but without her i'm clueless , ...and as i'm healing the world , A PACKAGE ARRIVES , from a man in friggin NORWAY , to me that's like getting a package from outer friggin space.... but it came from a guy that I told 3 times , don't worry about it , and that guy is "the man" Billy U , thank you my brother!!!!! ...CAN'T WAIT TO LISTEN!!!!

BILLY UNDERDOG , hope you are loving "13" , great release , in 35 years it will be looked at as a classic.... I can only eat so many scraps do to the rules of the listen , and I devoted my scraps this past week to WARSHIP "the contrary wind" , thank you much my brother!!! ...Favorites thus far are "no good army" , "his eye is on the sparrow" and "awake and dreaming".... guitar and feel of the record very kool , a 70's vibe to some of the material as well , vocals n drums n bass very kool , and dare I say I heard some nice VIOLIN in there!!

.....and I must say now after some more time and scraps with this gem you sent me , is that you either know good music , with good musicianship , outside of Sabbath , or you used some real thought based on your knowledge about me , and really sent something I truly enjoy!!!!!! ...or maybe a bit of both!!! ...thank you my brother!!!! ...track 7 is taking the cake right now , beautiful!!!

GUYS , I may have something very special coming , not a def!!! ...but if it comes , I will post it here in the listen , will send it to JOE S , and post it in the 13 thread....

god bless all

Comment

In the alternate HAND OF DOOM , when ozzy says trip a lot on 6 of the early 70s shows , listen to the triplet fill on BASS that geezer does to finish the sentence....AWESOME!!!!
                            Gonna listen to that right now! I know exactly what you mean!!

Comment

Favorites thus far are "no good army" , "his eye is on the sparrow"
                              I thought those would be to your taste, along with The Well-Trodden Path

Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                              .....and I must say now after some more time and scraps with this gem you sent me , is that you either know good music , with good musicianship , outside of Sabbath , or you used some real thought based on your knowledge about me , and really sent something I truly enjoy!!!!!! ...or maybe a bit of both!!!
                              A bit of both

This guy Lars Lųnning is most known as a member of comedy-rock bands Gartnerlosjen and Black Debbath (which there's a thread on here: http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/show...=black+debbath

I think it's funny how this guy known for his goofy and slightly childish humor has the background he has, his father being the former leader for the right-wing party and his uncle the bishop of Bjųrgvin diocese. And i think this album kinda reflects that other side of him. Christian themes of faith and doubt without getting all preachy as most so-called "christian rock/metal" has a tendency to be.
                              And there's the great cover of Ozzy's S.A.T.O

Glad you enjoyed it
                              95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                              Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

• Dr John, just got off the phone with Art, gave him my full address and phone number. Peace my brother!
                                Iommi = Sabbath

Comment

Working...
                                X