Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi doc,
    Just ordered cross purposes and tyr of amazon,
    I know where your user name comes from now lol(cross purposes).
    Will be over a week before delivered though.
    Hope you all had a good 4th July guys!,
    Peace n love
    Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post
      Hi doc,
      Peace n love
      Two good choices Spiral. Give them a few listens, and let it all sink in. Tyr is just a terrific album, with a great thematic feel to it. Love it.
      Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
        I thought those would be to your taste, along with The Well-Trodden Path

A bit of both

This guy Lars Lųnning is most known as a member of comedy-rock bands Gartnerlosjen and Black Debbath (which there's a thread on here: http://www.black-sabbath.com/vb/show...=black+debbath

I think it's funny how this guy known for his goofy and slightly childish humor has the background he has, his father being the former leader for the right-wing party and his uncle the bishop of Bjųrgvin diocese. And i think this album kinda reflects that other side of him. Christian themes of faith and doubt without getting all preachy as most so-called "christian rock/metal" has a tendency to be.
        And there's the great cover of Ozzy's S.A.T.O

Glad you enjoyed it
        BILLY , that is most interesting info , and I also took a run thro that other thread , thank you for posting that.... S.A.T.O is a mammoth song to tackle , and you are correct again , they do an impressive job!!!

I do love gospel , worship , praise and Christian rock (third day , Salvador , casting crowns , john elefante are my favs) , but this here is a different animal all together , and a great ride!!

Originally posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post
        Hi doc,
        Peace n love
        HA!! BACK TO EDEN , LOVE IT BROTHER!!! ..thank you.. CP and TYR are BRILLIANT , and i'm talking Sabbath brilliant , you should close your eyes and enjoy my brother!!!! ...I also need you to digest NSD , TDYK , and BORN AGAIN more , three epic releases!!!! ....love seeing you listening to MOB RULES sooooo much!!!! ....and DON'T take 13 out of your top 6 , unless you move it to your top 4 ozzy era releases , 13 is landmark brother ...... LANDMARK!!!!

...BE WELL

Comment

• I thank you guys more because if I never would of checked this site out because of the buzz of 13 then I never probably would of never bothered buying mob rules or dehumanizer!
          Never say die won't grow on me cause I've been around it since a kid,
          Tdyk I find depressing cause it's dio's last album
          Born again has a strong chance of growing on me given time possibly.
          Thanks guys.

I'll take a pic of cross purposes and tyr when they arrive and you can let me know if they're re-issues or not,

Gonna blast my eardrums with dehumanizer right now!
          Last edited by Spiralarchitectx1; 07-06-2013, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyIsDio
            Spiral if it's the Classic Rock series it'll say on it. Was listening to 13 all day today, I love that album and the 4 bonus tracks.
            If it's the classic rock series I'm sending it back lol,
            13 kicks arse! Just not as much arse as black sab, paranoid, master of reality, vol4, sab bloody sab or sabotage. Still unbelievably great given age etc.

I recall one of my first posts about 13 was all I wanted it to be was better than TE and NSD.
            I got my wish

Comment

• Yeah I love TE too, but that album was the beginning of the end in so many ways,
              But from darkness does spring light!

We had blizzard of ozz to enjoy a few years after

Edit - or did I mean the end of the beginning?
              Last edited by Spiralarchitectx1; 07-06-2013, 08:39 PM.

Comment

• Hope you're having a good weekend DOC!
                Iommi = Sabbath

Comment

• Discovered out of my mind today doc dude!,

Thanks to billy and charger,

Great song!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                    worship
                    Warship. Get it? ;-)

There's lot's of great Gospel-music, hell there would be no funk, groove and rock without it.
                    95% of everything i say is pure bullshit just for the fun of it. The other 95% is damn serious!
                    Til įrs ok frišar ok forn sišr

Comment

• Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                      Warship. Get it? ;-)

There's lot's of great Gospel-music, hell there would be no funk, groove and rock without it.
                      I get it lol.

Comment

• yes , I one thousand percent love the OZ man , he is a fabulous vocalist!!! ...AND HE KICKS TOTAL ASS ON "13"!!!!! ...he really takes it up a notch on 13 , excellent!!! ....I feel nothing but brilliance toward him on his 10 Sabbath studio releases!!! ...and DIARY is a non-sab masterpiece!!

yes , I took a fast read of the other threads , DRAGO makes some great points toward the OZ man , and thank you THE RULES MOB for your kind words...

yes JANET , I got a CAGE 3 for you , it is on its way!!

yes ERIC , there is a DIO NEON WAR PIGS BOOT for you in Verona!!

YES "WHO CARES" is a Sabbath release , it is there 26 studio album , OUT OF MY MIND and HOLY WATER are sensational!!! ....there is 2 studio releases in the IAN ERA , and of course BORN AGAIN is a moooooooonster!!!!!!!!!

OK , here it is right now , as of today:

1 DEAR FATHER - 10/10

2 ZEITGEIST - 10/10

3 EOTB - 10/10 , the 2nd half of this track is as good as anything Sabbath has ever done , any era!!

4 PEACE OF MIND - 10/10

5 AGE OF REASON - 10/10 , how can this track not be # 1 !!

6 DAMAGE SOUL - 10/10

7 PARIAH - 10/10

8 GID? - 10/10 , brilliant!!

9 LONER - 10/10

10 LIVE FOREVER - 9.9/10

11 METHADEMIC - 9.8/10 , intro 10/10

12 NIB2 - 9.8/10 , this DOUBLE album thus far is top 4 all time ozzy era!!!

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
                        Hope you're having a good weekend DOC!
                        thanks brother , you as well!!! ...NID , is correct take care of your albums and cds , could have some value in the future , BUT DO ENJOY THE MUSIC ON THEM!! ...your gems , and TYR66 gems , will be mailed when I get back , will let you know here when on there way!! ...god bless

Originally posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post
                        Discovered out of my mind today doc dude!,

Thanks to billy and charger,

Great song!!!
                        KUDOS to my man BILLY , really a class act , and to CHARGER , "who cares" is brilliant!!!! ...def get the delux release you will get what I consider a bunch of great Sabbath tracks on there with IAN , HUGHES , and MARTIN!!! ...and DIO is on it!! ...I've written a lot about WHO CARES on this thread , if you ever go back and read it...

LOVE THAT YOUR DOING DEHUMANIZER , WHO CARES , MOB RULES!!!! ...lets do BORN AGAIN , NSD , and TDYK!!!! ....love that you have TYR and CP on there way!!!!

and YES , if it will help , I will add some cash to the BILL WARD fund

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio
                        My favorite song off the Who Cares CD, courtesy of the Doc, the man with the Sabbath plan, and spreading the good word.
                        THANKS my main man!!!!! ...you are an 8th STAR , and a DEP , from a complete 27 studio album Sabbath collection!!!!

Originally posted by Billy Underdog View Post
                        Warship. Get it? ;-)

WARSHIP , is really a great piece of work , BILLY I love a lot of these tracks , S.A.T.O is becoming a favorite , ALREADY A STELLAR OZZY TRACK!!! ....your 2nd sentence is spot on my man!!!!! ...GOSPEL is responsible for so much great diverse musical genres it truly amazing , a lot of people deny this very FACT , but your spot on!!

JESUS BLESS ALL...

Comment

• Doc dude,
                          Totally loving out of my mind!,

Wish that line up did a few more songs together,
                          Good production from our mike x too!!!
                          Last edited by Spiralarchitectx1; 07-08-2013, 06:07 AM.

Comment

• Good to hear from you DOC thanks a lot!
                            Iommi = Sabbath

Comment

• Originally posted by BACK TO EDEN View Post
                              3 EOTB - 10/10 , the 2nd half of this track is as good as anything Sabbath has ever done , any era!!
                              BOLD STATEMENT!!! But I agree with it. This track makes me tap my foot and sets the mood for the entire album. The section where Ozzy is singing "If you don’t know which way to go you may feel lost and confused
                              A Second chance your time to lose" is pure magic!.

My favorite track on the album.
                              Last edited by axeman_12656; 07-08-2013, 06:42 AM.
                              www.downtrendmetal.com

Comment

• Damn! I am so sorry TYR66 and BTE - I got up late and had a bloodtest to do and totally forgot about sound exchange. I promise I will call tomorrow!! No excuses!!!
                                Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

Working...
                                X