Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Update for Tony's Lymphoma

http://loudwire.com/black-sabbath-to...-rest-of-life/

Damn, that really sucks. But if anyone has the balls to make it work it's Tony.

Comment

Very sad news indeed. My Mom is in the exact same boat, and her cancer is also being controlled, but it will never go away. Her prognosis is very, very poor, but they hope to buy her some time.....as much as 2 years if she is really lucky. I hope Tony's prognosis is better. There is not a lot of hope for living a long life when the cancer is being controlled and not in, or not likely to be in, remission. Let's hope and pray....such an incidious disease.
      Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

A battle until one side is won... well, Tony could jam and make songs with Sabbath during cancer, surely he can fight off the cancer!
        Do you hear the thunder raging in the sky?
        Premonition of a shattered world thatís gonna die.
        In the age of reason, how do we survive?
        The protocols of evil ravaging so many lives?

Comment

This is the reality of cancer for some. I never thought it wouldn't be an ongoing struggle for Tony for a long time to come. Lymphoma is a major disease. My friends dad was diagnosed with Leukemia in his late 60's. He has to undergo treatments regularly, and will until the end. He became a grandfather for the 4th time right after his diagnosis. It's been 7 or 8 years now, and I'm sure the thought of being there for the kid keeps him going. For some the best deal they can have is that they live with it.
          Last edited by devstorm; 05-29-2013, 12:12 AM.
          The best blueberry muffins I ever had landed 6 people in prison, three for life.

Comment

Mr. T (no joke) has been living with Lymphoma since the 1990's.

Comment

Aw, fuck. Hope he manages to live with it for a long time...

Stay healthy, guys. Get tested regularly, & talk to your loved ones into getting tested too! It's about all we can do.

cheers
              The dog's name is Pete. If he tries to mount you in the middle of the night, say "no" sternly. But don't look him in the eye.

Comment

Caught early, like Iommi's was, it's a managable cancer... you can live with it... he'll die with that cancer someday, but not from it... if you knoiw what I mean...
                "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal77 View Post
                  Mr. T (no joke) has been living with Lymphoma since the 1990's.
                  Mr T is a tough son of a bitch. Cut down 80 trees with an axe in just a few hours.

Comment

That's great to hear its a cancer you can live with (better than the alternative). My great grandmother died of lymphoma cancer.

Comment

There's Hodgkins Lymphoma and Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. Hodgkins Lymphoma is often incurable. The prognosis for this cancer is quite "iffy", and I believe that Tony has the Hodgkins Lymphoma, which is the bad one. Again. let's hope and pray...this disease is fought in large part between the ears, with a strong will to live and a strong constitution. Tony has both of those attributes, but as in the case of my Mom, the battle can become too draining for some.
                      Last edited by Now in Darkness; 05-30-2013, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Thats so sad, but at least he can be treated and continue to work and make awesome music

Comment

Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
                          There's Hodgkins Lymphoma and Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. Hodgkins Lymphoma is often incurable. The prognosis for this cancer is quite "iffy", and I believe that Tony has the Hodgkins Lymphoma, which is the bad one. Again. let's hope and pray...this disease is fought in large part between the ears, with a strong will to live and a strong constitution. Tony has both of those attributes, but as in the case of my Mom, the battle can become too draining for some.
                          I hadn't heard that Tony had the Hodgkins Lymphoma... is that a fact? Can we get a statement from Joe or Damian confirming what kind Tony has?
                          "Music is so sacred to me that I canít hear wishy-washy nonsense just played for the sake of selling records."
                          R. Blackmore

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Cricket View Post
                            I hadn't heard that Tony had the Hodgkins Lymphoma... is that a fact? Can we get a statement from Joe or Damian confirming what kind Tony has?
                            Just to clarify, I spoke to this because I thought I read this in an article, but if you ask me where, I could not tell you. I may be completely wrong about this and I say that to be honest about the discussion. So, please don't accept this as gospel, and of course, we all hope for Tony's well-being and recovery.
                            Last edited by Now in Darkness; 05-31-2013, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Tony Iommi is doing the right thing. He is taking treatment and monitoring his health. I was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer about two years ago, the treatment was to have the organ removed. I can understand what he is going through with the hopes and realities of a cancer diagnosis. I wish him all success, his health will continue to improve if he keeps doing what he is doing. But he will not be what he once was, neither will I, that is how cancer works.

Comment

Working...
                              X