Collector's Corner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    Very cool Spiral, my Paranoid the Doc gave me has a plastic slip cover over it.
    Thanks oid bro, it's my pops that's got all the real cool stuff though, as in a few of those singles on vinyl,tour programmes, and vertigo albums.

Nid - I have all 3 deluxe with plastic sleeves, it's just a shame they stopped with the TLC after mor.
    Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Comment

Originally posted by Spiralarchitectx1 View Post
      It was the other part of the cd miniatures replicas box sets I've got,
      Came with a poster of all the single images from around the world on too,
      Here's the other side of the singles

Edit - tilt your head lol

Also noticed your deluxe editions are different from ours, ours come in plastic sleeve not a sticker,

That is really cool spiral - awesome to have for your collection!
      Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

Thankyou thelemech, I'm not really a collector though. Just buy shit from my fav bands,
        Got a lot of cool manson stuff too but nobody's into them lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
          Some basic rules for collecting:

1) Keep your items as mint as possible
          2) Buy the right artist
          3) Scarcity attracts value
          4) Originality attracts value
          Fantastic post and thank you for showing some of your goodies , but let me take issue with this bit! Certainly, this is onw way of going about collecting, but it is not the only one. Mine has only one rule: passion. I have two collections, one is Ronnie James Dio vinyl bootlegs, as far as I know I have the best collection around, it is "complete" in the sense that I have at least one copy of every "old school" vinyl boot of RJD's. Since he died some bastards started making cheap 7'' by the dozen, many every year, to cash in on his death, and sell them at a 1000% profit. I decided not to buy. And with that, I decided to clode that collection. I could continue to collect the different versions that I do not have of the old vinyls, say, of one particular record I have 17 different versions and I am aware of at least another 5-10, and of a numbered edition of 140, I have nºs. 10,15,17, no sleeve, and finally I got #001 (which is the master of the rest, it's the original cover from which the other's were polycopied), so I have no desire to have other numbers.

The value of these records is of no importance to me; I know what I payed for them (very little for some, quite a bit for others, particularly the last 4 or 5, the rarest and hardest to get, were on the expensive side), but I will never sell them, so I do not care what their market value is.

My other collection is shirts of my favourite sports club, Sporting Clube de Portugal; I collect all of them, from new season replica shirts bought in the club shop, to modern matchworn (so shirts that the players wore on the pitch), to counterfeit, to old shirts - my oldest matchworn are from the 1950s and 1960s. I show it here: http://www.verdebranco.net/Sporting_Lisbon.html
          I also do not care about the value of the shirts, I will never sell them. The old ones do appreciate in value with the years, after all, there are no new shirts from the 1950s being produced nowadays! And there are always new collectors starting, who would like to have such shirts, so I noticed prices go up year on year, but I notice it as a buyer, and it has no relevance to me as seller, and I do not get happy that the monetary value of the collection increases! I am happy about the shirts themselves!

I once posted here a series of pics with my RJDio boot collection, can't seem to find it anymore!

Comment

Nunoni, thanks for sharing. I would love to see your collection. You, are right, there are many forms of collecting, but no matter whether you plan to sell or not, it is always a good idea to preserve value and collectibility by keeping your treasures in investment condition. Like you, there is little to nothing in my collection that I will sell. I bought a few things to flip someday, but the rest is too much a part of me, and of too much sentimental value to ever sell. Some pics of your treasures would be appreciated. Thanks for wading in.
            Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

I found the photos somewhere, this is not the full collection, this is a few years before I stopped. First three pics:

Note that records that apparently have the same cover have differences either on the details of the cover or in teh vinyl.
              Last edited by nunoni; 07-10-2013, 06:35 AM.

Comment

last three pics:

Comment

Okay, here's another one from my collection, and it is a rare Master of Reality variant. Basically, a very first press, on the olive Warner Bros label, that had three extra songs listed on the labels, and these tracks were later removed from subsequent MOR pressings. The songs are listed on the Master recordings as well. This album is not in the condition that I like for my collection, but you take this one as it comes. So, please note the extra tracks on this LP: Deathmask, Step Up and The Haunting. Also, note the typo on the name of the album: "Master(s) of Reality". A great little item for any collector, and I hope to upgrade mine to a near mint copy if one ever shows up for sale. This is about a VG+ and a treasure to have.

Last edited by Now in Darkness; 07-11-2013, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Love that olive green label dan!!!!

This came today along with cross purposes, gonna leave it sealed for the time being,

Comment

This came today along with cross purposes, gonna leave it sealed for the time being,

Sweet! I love that album; I hope you like it Spiral. I'll have to look at my CD, but that looks like an original copy. I have the LP too. The best TM album in my books.

Comment

Ozzy´s setlist from Prague 2012 - Ozzy and Friends Tour - Into The Void was not sadly played:

Ozzy´s latest album signed:

Comment

Spiral if that's the CD with the green border you were talking about, then it's original and not reissue, and part of the design, that is the same one I received .
                          "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                          "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                          ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
                            Spiral if that's the CD with the green border you were talking about, then it's original and not reissue, and part of the design, that is the same one I received .
                            I thought the green border made it look a bit like a copy till I received it.
                            Should probably keep it sealed for time being.

Comment

one of the few "new school" boots I got, it was produced before Di died, that's where I cut the line. This is from RJD's very last concert, pitty it is not the entire concert!

Comment

Nice Nunoni.
                                "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                                "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
                                ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Working...
                                X