Collector's Corner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
    Spiral if that's the CD with the green border you were talking about, then it's original and not reissue, and part of the design, that is the same one I received .
    Really? In the U.S. the original does not come with the more Modern clear cd tray. It has the black tray as I think all cds had in the year 1990. I could be wrong but I doubt it.
    Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

Comment

Originally posted by Never Satisfied View Post
      Really? In the U.S. the original does not come with the more Modern clear cd tray. It has the black tray as I think all cds had in the year 1990. I could be wrong but I doubt it.
      Correct you are. I have an original 1990 press with the black inner tray. The one pictured is a later, legitimate, pressing. You must play that awesome disc Spiral. Mob Rules, Tyr, and Cross Purposes are amongst my favorite post Ozzy Sabbath albums. Let us know what you think.
      Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

you' re right . Mine has this black tray as well , purchased when it was released in ' 90 .

Comment

I bought TYR, Cross Purposes and Forbidden all at once for $5.99 each in the bargain bin at a chain store called Circuit City back in 2003 or 2004. Funny how they became Much sought after collectors items a year or two later.
          Upping The Irons and Defending The Faith

Comment

I bought TYR, Cross Purposes and Forbidden all at once for $5.99 each in the bargain bin at a chain store called Circuit City back in 2003 or 2004. Funny how they became Much sought after collectors items a year or two later.
            Yes, and that's a point that I made in an earlier post. They may never be worth a ton of money, or maybe they will (who knows), but the fact is that the TM discs are worth acquiring and protecting right now, as they are a good investment, comparatively speaking. The Forbidden LP attracts between $500 and $800 right now; still something that I hope to acquire, but at that price, I don't see it in the cards. Who knows, I got a mint U.S. vinyl copy of Headless Cross for $10 at a swap meet, so it can happen. The hunt continues.

Comment

Well, I have some vinyl records, 150 of them or so, a small collection compared to serious collectors. The 'gem' of my collection is a picture disc of Born Again pressed in Czech Republic for Earmark, only 1000 of them were pressed:

5 years ago I bought a Paranoid pressed in Yugoslavia, too bad the sound quality is worse than the Brazilian-pressed one, but at least the cover is way better and is gatefold:

Do you see a vision of a perfect place? Does it make you laugh, put a smile on your face?

Comment

This one isn't Sabbath but there's Geezer and Ozzy on it. It's from the infamous Moscow Music Peace Festival, I bought it from a Korean seller on eBay and the Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms on the back came as a bonus:

Do you see a vision of a perfect place? Does it make you laugh, put a smile on your face?

Comment

Great stuff from everyone who posted above. Thanks for sharing!

Working on completing my Tony Martin era Sabbath collection. Received Cross Purposes today. It's a Brazilian copy, so I'll still keep an eye out for a UK copy. These albums are not easy to get, when compared to the other eras. The only one left to finish the Martin collection is Forbidden. I also have Eternal Idol (not pictured). The hunt continues.

Comment

Now in Darkness, is this Cross Purposes pressed by a company named Fonobrás? This company used to be one of the worst "pressers" here in Brazil, but some records from them were actually very very good, like the Brothers in Arms from Dire Straits that I found to be better than the UK and US pressed ones, despite the low weight, something about 80 grams. My copy of Tyr is pressed by this company, and it's not so bad compared to the average, but I have never heard Cross Purposes in vinyl, so I have no clue about the sound quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Diego3336 View Post
                      Now in Darkness, is this Cross Purposes pressed by a company named Fonobrás? This company used to be one of the worst "pressers" here in Brazil, but some records from them were actually very very good, like the Brothers in Arms from Dire Straits that I found to be better than the UK and US pressed ones, despite the low weight, something about 80 grams. My copy of Tyr is pressed by this company, and it's not so bad compared to the average, but I have never heard Cross Purposes in vinyl, so I have no clue about the sound quality.
                      Hi Diego. It appears to be pressed by a company called Sonopress / Fonobras. The quality overall is nice, but the vinyl was fairly thin (70-80 grams) and clearly not virgin vinyl. As a result it had a fair bit of surface noise, and sounded a bit on the dynamically thin side. Very similar to the old K-Tel records from the 70's and 80's. I can't complain too much, but I will still be looking for a UK copy to upgrade with at some point. All in all, I would rate this package a 7.5 out of 10.

Comment

Oh yeah, this is the usual quality of Fonobras records. They used to cut and melt unsold records over and over again to press new ones, way more than the other companies did, but at least their masters and presses weren't so bad.

I have a Scarface OST pressed in Venezuela, and it's the most beautiful-looking record I have, very bright and dark, probably from virgin high-grade vinyl, too bad it sounds like shit, I bet the master and the presses weren't on par with the vinyl lol

Comment

Originally posted by Diego3336 View Post
                          Oh yeah, this is the usual quality of Fonobras records. They used to cut and melt unsold records over and over again to press new ones, way more than the other companies did, but at least their masters and presses weren't so bad.

I have a Scarface OST pressed in Venezuela, and it's the most beautiful-looking record I have, very bright and dark, probably from virgin high-grade vinyl, too bad it sounds like shit, I bet the master and the presses weren't on par with the vinyl lol
                          Diego, I need a copy of Forbidden, and it was pressed on vinyl in Brazil. I only collect VG++ and better, but if you find me a nice copy we could work out a trade or a buy. Just a FYI in case you stumble upon a copy. I am happy with my Cross Purposes, but a UK copy would probably be better quality. All the best.

Comment

just want to share with you my pleasure to have all these masterpieces of Tony Martin era !

Comment

Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
                              Diego, I need a copy of Forbidden, and it was pressed on vinyl in Brazil. I only collect VG++ and better, but if you find me a nice copy we could work out a trade or a buy. Just a FYI in case you stumble upon a copy. I am happy with my Cross Purposes, but a UK copy would probably be better quality. All the best.
                              Sure, maybe next week I will go to some used record stores in downtown Sao Paulo, and I will search for Forbidden, and I will let you know if I found something.

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

Originally posted by TYR66 View Post
                              just want to share with you my pleasure to have all these masterpieces of Tony Martin era !

Nice collection. I have only the first two of your picture in CD. But man... The Cross Purposes cover really kick ass...

Comment

A great one , not Black Sabbath directly but a cool Ozzy 's live EP with Mr Crowley , You said it all , Suicide solution , a '82 release :

Comment

Working...
                                X