No announcement yet.

Collector's Corner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have that Ozzy picture record TYRR66, one of my prized collections..
    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"
    ________Sabbath Forever, Forever Sabbath!______OzzyIsDio_ (YoY)

Comment

Originally posted by TYR66 View Post
      A great one , not Black Sabbath directly but a cool Ozzy 's live EP with Mr Crowley , You said it all , Suicide solution , a '82 release :
      Very nice. I have that too. In fact, I have a sealed original pressing of every Ozzy album, that has never been opened. Note that Ozzy's big collar in the picture disc is made of bubble wrap. His first wife, Thelma, made the costume.
      Casting his shadow, weaving his spell, funny clothes, tinkling bell.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyIsDio View Post
        I have that Ozzy picture record TYRR66, one of my prized collections..
        I' m not surprised for an Ozzy fan like you

Comment

I'm not a fan of Ozzy's solo stuff, but the first time I heard one of his tunes was in the early 90s, in a movie called The Wraith, one of my all-time favorites, I remember I played the VHS everyday after school, and Secret Loser is on the soundtrack. A few years ago, after too much search, I found the OST record and it's one of the gems of my collection, and Secret Loser still kick ass:

Do you see a vision of a perfect place? Does it make you laugh, put a smile on your face?

Comment

Nice Diego! And a promo copy to boot!!! Nothing beats vinyl.

Comment

Here's a few items you all might want to look into.
              To start the most valued Sabbath item to collect would be...
              Copies of When I Came Down the full version, The John Peel sessions, and the Dumfries '69 tape. But I'm sure most of you knew that.
              1989 Devil And Daughter single lp is another to think about. The b-side contains an exclusive audio interview with the band. As well as some postcards.
              Pain and Poison Roses

Comment

As requested by NID, here are my Martin era cassettes. Mobile pic, sorry for the quality.

The Solid black one is actually is a promo double sided cassette for Headless Cross. The tracklisting is 1.The Gates of Hell, 2. Headless Cross, 3. Black Moon, 4. When Death Calls.

Comment

Originally posted by Van Sabbath View Post
                  As requested by NID, here are my Martin era cassettes. Mobile pic, sorry for the quality.

The Solid black one is actually is a promo double sided cassette for Headless Cross. The tracklisting is 1.The Gates of Hell, 2. Headless Cross, 3. Black Moon, 4. When Death Calls.
                  Very cool. There can't be many sets like that out there; especially still sealed! Thanks for sharing.
                  Last edited by Now in Darkness; 08-17-2013, 12:51 PM.

Comment

I don't know if this belongs in this thread or not, my girlfriend made this mug for me, for my birthday, from my favorite band and record. She surprised me with it.

It's a beautiful mug and a collectors piece to me, because I hold it dear to me.

Last edited by OzzyIsDio; 08-18-2013, 10:10 AM.
                    "Without Black Sabbath there never would have been an Ozzy, and without Ozzy there never would have been a Black Sabbath"
                    "If there ever was a band whose voice is so significant and distinct, that band is Black Sabbath and the voice is Ozzy Osbourne"

Comment

I don't know if this belongs in this thread or not, my girlfriend made this mug for me, for my birthday, from my favorite band and record. She surprised me with it.

It's a beautiful mug and a collectors piece to me, because I hold it dear to me.
                      OID, it's either a very small mug, or you forgot to post a pic. Looking forward to seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Now in Darkness View Post
                        OID, it's either a very small mug, or you forgot to post a pic. Looking forward to seeing it.
                        Sorry NID, I had to add a URL to it because it wasn't allowing me to insert it in the image window. there it is up above.

Comment

Yes, that is purdy indeed. Good girl you got there.

Comment

That mug is really great OiD!! That is a gift to treasure for sure!!
                            Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law

Comment

Thank you NID and Thelemec, it is a gift to treasure and I do.

Comment

Very cool mug and very thoughtful of your girlfriend oid!
                                Vote leave if u want totally cool either way

Comment

Working...
                                X